Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

4 hours ago, marik86 said:

I've tried to assign new vertex, but still have same results. The bikini top bone mesh is messed up as well (I tried to assign new vertex to it as well). If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it. I have another project I'm working on atm so I won't be able to work on this for a while. Here are the mesh that I've done so far.

There is no vgmap with your files, and the bones are all in raw numbers. You have extracted the mesh in a non-standard way. Use the "g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat" to extract the meshes. or if you have the *.vgmap files, use apply them to the mesh with "import -> Apply 3Dmigoto vertex group map to current object".

On 11/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, fgh1t6 said:

1. for texture, use g1t tool, you can put any size dds into the g1t file, and it works fine.

2. for transparency, you can use g1m_xml tool to modify any g1m file's material setting to make one. You can convert the following g1m to xml to have a look

Hide contents

Check the

<G1M version="37">

<G1MG version="44" platform="DX11">

<MeshesSection>

<LodGroup idx="0" auto="true">

<Mesh idx="2">
                    <Shader value="@37639FF9" />
                </Mesh>

"37639FF9" is binary transparent shader code. No attribute setting is needed.

I have some questions about transparency , how to know which <Mesh idx="X"> I must change ? For example , I checked your SKD_COS_031.g1m for that leaf mod ,-<Mesh idx="2"> and -<Mesh idx="3"> useing the 37639FF9 code , why these two rather than  0 or 1 or 3 ...? In blender , the number of the bra parts is 0 and 1 , so how do I know which Mesh idx need change ? And if I want make transparency , only increase a alpha channel in dds to kidsalb right ?

8 hours ago, z31wnx said:

I have some questions about transparency , how to know which <Mesh idx="X"> I must change ? For example , I checked your SKD_COS_031.g1m for that leaf mod ,-<Mesh idx="2"> and -<Mesh idx="3"> useing the 37639FF9 code , why these two rather than  0 or 1 or 3 ...? In blender , the number of the bra parts is 0 and 1 , so how do I know which Mesh idx need change ? And if I want make transparency , only increase a alpha channel in dds to kidsalb right ?

The idx doesn't matter, you can add your own one too. in fact, the idx may be changed by the g1m_xml.exe during regenerate the g1m file. In the <mesh idx=xx> block, there is a <submeshes value="x">, that "x" is the mesh index using this setting. So for the Bra, that will be <submeshes value="0">.

For transparency, it is far more complicated than changing dds.  There are thousands "Shader value" defined in the Character.sid file, and the hash of the setting files has been digged out  by vago's  and list in the g1m_tool package's "sid_alt-hash.txt". Only a few has been used in g1m files, and only very few has been tested, and shared out. Basically there are three type of mesh: normal, softbody, and clothe (or 4D, used by us). Each type use different set of shaders, if use wrongly, game crash.

Now for the transparent shaders, most of them need to set the mesh type in the "  <Submesh idx="x">" block,  and a Attribute setting of "fRpAlphaThres" plus the correct shader hash. However, the good news is for binary transparency only, we found two shaders don't request these settings: @37639FF9 for normal mesh, and @003AED6F for softbody.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:50 PM, Azkni said:

Is there a way to add kidsalem textures to any costume like any XXX_COS_036 costumes have? Like for example add it to Brad Wong delux so it shines at the dark 

Simple answer is Yes!

Detail is:

first of all, the .kts file list must has the alem entry. in .kts file, looking for ", 0, 19 , 0,  4, 4", if not found (of course!) ,  replace the shl one (, 0,37,37,4,4), since it seems they cannot be used at the same time anyway. And yep, use the shl's g1t file too.

2nd, go to xml file's "<MaterialsSection>" and the block for that kts set, say    <Material idx="0">, replace the poor shl's entry

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="37" u_06="37" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

to alem

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="19" u_06="0" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

than, go to the corresponding "<AttributesSection>/<MaterialAttributes idx="?">" copy the following attributes from cos036: "Attribute name="aleScl", and "Attribute name="alePMPrms" . the first number of alePMPrms, is the flash speed. say, 0.3 is flash in 1/0.3 seconds, 0 means no changing, 

and finally of course the Shader hash, from cos036, I got two: @5DE4D28B/ @762C3826 don't know what is difference.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Simple answer is Yes!

Detail is: There are a few things involved:  first of all, the .kts file list must has the alem entry. in .kts file, looking for "#, 0, 19 , 0,  4, 4", if not there (of course not) ,  replace the shl one (#, 0,37,37,4,4), since it seems they cannot be used at the same time anyway. And yep, use the shl's g1t file too.

2nd, go to xml file's "<MaterialsSection>" and the block for that kts set, say    <Material idx="0">, replace the poor shl's entry

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="37" u_06="37" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

to alme

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="19" u_06="0" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

than, go to the corresponding "<AttributesSection>/<MaterialAttributes idx="?">" copy the following attributes from cos036: "Attribute name="aleScl", and "Attribute name="alePMPrms" . the first number of alePMPrms, is the flash speed. say, 0.3 is flash in 1/0.3 seconds, 0 means no changing, 

and finally of course the Shader hash, from cos036, I got two: @5DE4D28B/ @762C3826 don't know what is difference.

YOO!! (the physics of the rope are bugged tho idk)

And maybe its just me but I notice using @762C3826 hash makes them look more saturated (?)

Also have no idea why is it blue hahaha! Thought I would need to modify textures too but wasnt needed  Thx so much dude

image.png

4 minutes ago, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And maybe its just me but I notice using @762C3826 hash makes them look more saturated (?)

Also have no idea why is it blue hahaha! Thought I would need to modify textures too but wasnt needed  Thx so much dude

image.png

Ok this thing just encouraged me to mod a bit more omg!

I changed the 0.3 to 10 and this is how it looks for some reason Brad lights also has the same speed but his number is 0.3 (probably the hash(?))

2 hours ago, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Hey it's APO from twitter! Do you have a new page? ?

Hello everyone, I have some question for modders.
Basically I'm trying to use Marie tied hair for Christie but a simple swap with work line doesn't do the cut. The set is off and the hair buried inside Christie's head.
So I try to extract the g1m files of it, got 69 vbs files, I put it on blender, selected all and scale it uniformly. Unfortunately after painstakingly exporting 69 VB files one by one(at this point I really wish there's a batch export for 3Dmigoto addon) and imported it to the g1m files again, the game machine BROKE the game crashes.
1579809683_Screenshot(239).png.647cf6baffc459d300b4dee6cbd34c3d.png

So I'm stumped and not sure what to do anymore, can someone help me how to adjust the position of simple hair swap that works?

On the side note, I though simply to adjust the scale and height on Blender in edit mode could do is because I made this by using that method and it seems fine:

Spoiler

838174372_Screenshot(240).png.3e265a54435a41f973b55c96d70beef4.png

^Although this one only have 2 vbs.

EDIT: Okay nevermind, apparently Marie's ponytail have 4D meshes, simply resizing the compatible meshes lead to crash, so I change to Kasumi's hair.

2 hours ago, BeeLy1011 said:

The UVmap isnt fixed, did u do the following?

On 4/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1a055a22ebd6c789d2229256c05b42fd.png

The UVmap that shows up to me is this one, and if u check that left corner of the hair texture it is completly transparent, thats why it doesnt show up. To solve it you have to change the UV map, delete TEXTCOORD.xy and rename UvMap as TEXTCOORD.xy, now u should see that your UVmap has more sense ;D

Is there any tips on how to align head mesh and body mesh properly in game with Blender?
one thing that I noticed when modding hair swap (Kasumi's to Christie) is that even when I loaded Christie full model on Blender and then aligning the hair mesh perfectly with that mesh, when I run the game the hair mesh end up way higher than it should be.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:57 PM, fgh1t6 said:

There is no vgmap with your files, and the bones are all in raw numbers. You have extracted the mesh in a non-standard way. Use the "g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat" to extract the meshes. or if you have the *.vgmap files, use apply them to the mesh with "import -> Apply 3Dmigoto vertex group map to current object".

Thanks for the help on that. It has made the mesh better than it was. I am still having issues with joining the bottom part of the swimsuit (KAS_COS_031) to the top (KAS_COS_030). Is there a way to fix it.

20210415175126_1.jpg

9 hours ago, marik86 said:

Thanks for the help on that. It has made the mesh better than it was. I am still having issues with joining the bottom part of the swimsuit (KAS_COS_031) to the top (KAS_COS_030). Is there a way to fix it.

20210415175126_1.jpg

Thats weird, make sure the origin of the mesh is x=0 y=0 z=0 when you export it (the orange point when you select the mesh in object mode)

Spoiler

image.png.2c405b8272c913662057b28c414f30ff.png

5 hours ago, Azkni said:

Thats weird, make sure the origin of the mesh is x=0 y=0 z=0 when you export it (the orange point when you select the mesh in object mode)

Hide contents

image.png.2c405b8272c913662057b28c414f30ff.png

I confirmed that it is indeed at 0x, 0y, and 0z for the mesh. I'm starting to think that it's the weights that could be throwing off the position of the lower portion. If someone can help me on this please pm me.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:24 AM, jameszyx said:

See this video on twitter,

Kasumi has a different posture after being beaten,
How do i do it?
Please tell me ,thanks

changing the animations will not change the hit box or will mess up the hit box, it depends on what you use. it's not wise to swap hit animations, if it's not accurate to the original animation. some will connect and other won't.

5 hours ago, marik86 said:

I confirmed that it is indeed at 0x, 0y, and 0z for the mesh. I'm starting to think that it's the weights that could be throwing off the position of the lower portion. If someone can help me on this please pm me.

Feel free to share the files in pm so I can check

3 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

changing the animations will not change the hit box or will mess up the hit box, it depends on what you use. it's not wise to swap hit animations, if it's not accurate to the original animation. some will connect and other won't.

Indeed, I tested move swapping online and it can cause the match to freeze. Also can cause a double win/lose and even being in different stage levels (but it freezes ofc)

19 hours ago, Azkni said:

Indeed, I tested move swapping online and it can cause the match to freeze. Also can cause a double win/lose and even being in different stage levels (but it freezes ofc)

Good to know, I don't fight online, so I don't know what mods will cause bans or glitches. I was told you can't get banned on DoA online, unless you're using a cheat engine

I decided to experiment by seeing what would happen if I made the hair REALLY big...

Well, now it's kinda obvious what the problem was now...

A new problem has arrived too, now it's really big and the textures kinda broke...size issue is probably an easy fix, but idk about the textures...

DOA6_2021-04-19_11-04-30.png

DOA6_2021-04-19_11-04-06.png

DOA6_2021-04-19_11-04-16.png

DOA6_2021-04-19_10-54-11.png