Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Hello, I'm trying to understand how wet costume textures work.  This seemed simpler in DoA5.  I'm editing the stockings on Tamaki's costume 4.  Ordinarily they're dark and I edited them to be white, but when she gets wet, they transition to a wet texture that's dark.  I'd like to just remove this effect so they stay bright white. 

I'm guessing I would find the texture doing this and either make it white or transparent, but I can't find it.  I've looked through all of this costume's textures with qrdbtool and tried editing a couple that seemed the most obvious, but no luck.  I've also heard there are .xml files with data in the .g1m files, maybe it's an edit there?

Another unrelated question - I was just messing around and tried copying the model files for one of Christie's hairstyles on a layer2 for Tamaki.  It worked fine, but of course Christie isn't the same height, so its position would need adjusting.  Is there a list of character heights or a simple way of knowing which other characters' hairstyles would be compatible with Tamaki without having to adjust them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

8 hours ago, Dupre said:

Hello, I'm trying to understand how wet costume textures work.  This seemed simpler in DoA5.  I'm editing the stockings on Tamaki's costume 4.  Ordinarily they're dark and I edited them to be white, but when she gets wet, they transition to a wet texture that's dark.  I'd like to just remove this effect so they stay bright white. 

I'm guessing I would find the texture doing this and either make it white or transparent, but I can't find it.  I've looked through all of this costume's textures with qrdbtool and tried editing a couple that seemed the most obvious, but no luck.  I've also heard there are .xml files with data in the .g1m files, maybe it's an edit there?

Another unrelated question - I was just messing around and tried copying the model files for one of Christie's hairstyles on a layer2 for Tamaki.  It worked fine, but of course Christie isn't the same height, so its position would need adjusting.  Is there a list of character heights or a simple way of knowing which other characters' hairstyles would be compatible with Tamaki without having to adjust them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

wet costume textures only work on particular slots. They are textures with name pattern "*_kidsmm1.g1t", "*_kidsmm2.g1t". They are multi array, store a set of "air", "alb","nmh","occ","rfr","shl" maps. But I don't the details of how they work yet.

For compatible models check the slot map:

8 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

wet costume textures only work on particular slots. They are textures with name pattern "*_kidsmm1.g1t", "*_kidsmm2.g1t". They are multi array, store a set of "air", "alb","nmh","occ","rfr","shl" maps. But I don't the details of how they work yet.

For compatible models check the slot map:

Thanks for this info!  I tried editing the mm1 a little but didn't experiment much, so I'll keep at it. 

That list is very helpful too, thanks again.  : )

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, xoxthesnailxox said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this post.

I know my way around blender and mesh creation etc but I am unsure on how to have these then created for mods to import to the game itself. 
Below is something I put together in blender and would love to have it within the game itself

Any advice with this, or if someone could point me in the right direction to any tutorials, would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

TinaAB.png

i'm not sure what you are saying. if you have the model, you need to import it and with doa6 blender tools, export it once you rig it.

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to make a mod for DOA6. I checked this forum a bit and googled around but I cant seem to find a guide on how to get started. Is there a guide somewhere that I missed?

If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

On 7/23/2021 at 3:50 PM, avionmission2 said:

Hi,

I am trying to learn how to make a mod for DOA6. I checked this forum a bit and googled around but I cant seem to find a guide on how to get started. Is there a guide somewhere that I missed?

If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

It is just near the end of this page:

It wasn't organized, so let me narrow down the points and ask again. The body continues to use NIC_COS_005.

・ Those who eliminate the apex that throws an error with a soft body without causing discomfort
I don't know how to eliminate the error at the apex in the lower center of the chest, which is a conspicuous part that cannot be moved significantly. I can't increase it and I can't move it. When separated, it moves by the soft body, so a large rift will occur, and if it is erased, it will not become a curve.

・ Causes and solutions for soft body mesh not working
The collar of the jacket, which is a soft body mesh, was replaced with a naked chest. The position and shape were brought closer to the leotard's chest and recalculated with the same soft body, but the replaced chest did not shake. I did the same thing as replacing the leotard's chest with a bare chest, but I don't understand why it doesn't work.

The elbow apex group was solved with "Assign new 3DMiGoto groups". It didn't have to match the vanilla data ...
Collar replacement is currently the biggest problem. I also found a description about adding a mesh and applying a soft body, so I tried the same thing, but there was no change. I don't understand the xml section ...

Please help me.

Edited by AM22:98
  • 1 month later...

I saw an old post before about hit animations, are the files in RRPreview? like i found example this CMN00088_CMN.g1a , How do i view the animation?
i open the g1a2fbx.exe, it says drag here the g1a file (and press enter). I drag and drop the CMN00088_CMN.g1a into the cmd and press enter. it just closes when i press enter. Or am i using the wrong tool?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lovre said:

How do you hide character costume parts without hiding the body itself with the G1M tool? I tried to hide Kasumi's stockings and stocking arm accessories but it hides the arm and leg parts too

It is normal that there are no body part below the stockings.

2 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

It is normal that there are no body part below the stockings.

Ahhh I see! I understand now since I noticed that there's also a bit of a body compression on the legs so I thought I did something wrong, thank you for the answer!

Can someone help me with hair modding in Blender? Im trying to do Nyo's loose hair on Kasumi with her natural bangs and color. I know how to hide the parts I don't want in blender and having the bangs in the place o want them too but I need help on how to save the work so i can export it so I can use the G1m tool thing to make it into a mod but idk how to do that either. I know I have to UV map Kasumi's bang textures but I need help with that too, since Nyo's hair won't show up in the blender I'm gonna manually just recolor her hair with character editor but I just need help so I can know how to make hair mods like this if anyone can help me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:08 AM, k0kelivecl said:

Dear users .... a year or so ago I made this wallpaper and this honoka design which interested me to see if someone with a knowledge in modeling can create a mod similar to this ... Honoka with her basic schoolgirl outfit only shirt and skirt but shortening the skirt and giving it a cleavage, ... I have recently learned to use a blender but I still consider myself ignorant on the subject ... I could enlarge the neckline of ryza from atelier ryza 2 but still I consider able to do the same thing I did in photoshop take it to 3d ... if someone cheers up it would be spectacular ... greetings

doa6-school-mod-honoka.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Can I ask you about, how to swap a custom mesh, for example Jason voorhees hockey mask .obj model mesh into the .vb  mesh parts? 

I usually use 3ds Max for game modding, and Doa6 withe the Blender software method is a pain in the ass for me.  I can't figure out how to "attach" or "skinwrap" the new model into the .vb. after the migoto buffer import procedure. 

I saw a lot of mods with custom model ports, like predator mod from MK10, or Darth Maul. 

The modders could swap these models into the game base mesh parts somehow. Can you help me with some step by step screenshots , how to do the method?

This is strange that I can't see the rig of the migoto imported models, and don't know how to do the edit envelopes /mesh weight job/ without the rig structure.I can see just .vb meshes.

I allready know and tested all of the doa6 modding tools, works fine, texture swapping is cool too, but blender is the problematic thing.

I can't find tutorial video about mesh swapping, just how to meshmod the base game model mesh parts...

Please write me back, help me a little if you have time.

Thank you !