Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 4/19/2021 at 12:06 PM, Azkni said:

Nice you could figure it up! At the 1st page of this thread u can check the tools you need to modify the hair textures! :D

About that...I downloaded both 2.82 and 2.79 and the py files don't work on either, not even the migito one

30 minutes ago, BeeLy1011 said:

About that...I downloaded both 2.82 and 2.79 and the py files don't work on either, not even the migito one

Nvm I got it working in 2.92 but I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO

Yes I watched the video, I got virtually nothing from it. All I got when I tried to do it was "SAMPLE.x not found"

On 4/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, marik86 said:

Making progress on my mod (Big thanks to @Azkni for the help). Still having issues with the back of the legs to form properly to the body. Anyone know a fix for this? I think it may be an issue with the uv maps? Here are the files if anyone wants to try.

Part of body mesh has no bone weight at all. The "back of legs" are soft body meshes. Are they imported from other g1m file? Softbody meshes must stay with the softbody grids of the g1m file. Can you list your steps of import, merge mesh and export, so that we can pin point the problematic steps?

For beginner of DOA 6 Modding, the working steps (for me) of modifying meshes are:

1. pick a g1m file as container.

2. extract vb/ib from the container g1m, with g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat, and load them into blender.

3. import meshes to joint to the container meshes

4. transfer weights if the imported mesh was not from a same type DOA6 charactor

5. cleanup zero weight vertex group, and all non-DOA6 bone vertex group,

6. run "assign new 3Dmigoto vertex group to current object" script

7. export the mesh (don't change its name, say, it was 3.vb, then save back to 3.vb) to another folder say "out"

8. rename or deleted the extract folder "XXX_COS_###"

9. drag the container g1m file to g1m_import.exe, then when asked, drag the "out" folder to imported the edited meshes only.

8 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

Part of body mesh has no bone weight at all. The "back of legs" are soft body meshes. Are they imported from other g1m file? Softbody meshes must stay with the softbody grids of the g1m file. Can you list your steps of import, merge mesh and export, so that we can pin point the problematic steps?

I was trying to use the lower body of KAS_COS_031 with the upper body of KAS_COS_30. Should I base the mod off of COS_031 instead of COS_030? Reason why I didn't was becasuse the chest is part of the dress, which doesn't have the same as COS_030. Is there a way to change the texture of it?

15 minutes ago, marik86 said:

I was trying to use the lower body of KAS_COS_031 with the upper body of KAS_COS_30. Should I base the mod off of COS_031 instead of COS_030? Reason why I didn't was becasuse the chest is part of the dress, which doesn't have the same as COS_030. Is there a way to change the texture of it?

It depends on the softbody grid, that is the cube matrix after "import" -> "DOA6 Soft Body (.g1m)".

If you use cos_30 as container, than load soft body from "KAS_COS_030.g1m". Follow the steps in this reply

to recalculate the soft body weight for the imported "back of legs" meshes.

open a new UV work space, and check the uv maps one by one: "TEXCOORD8.xy", TEXCOORD8.zw, TEXCOORD9.xy,TEXCOORD9.zw. Select these vertices that outside the UV grids -- their softbody weights are wrong.  Go back to 3D view, to check the position of these vertices, for islands in the middle of the mesh, you have to move them a little bit or merged them to the O.K one close to them, but for the edge area, you can use the edge fix plugin to set their "softbody Bone-weight ratio" to 1 to disable them. 

If there are too many failed vertices to work with, try to use the COS_031 as container. The steps are same, but the soft body needed to be recalculated this time are the Breasts from COS_030.

Anybody have any insight as to what causes a costume-mod to work online vs not work online?

For instance, some of Huchii001's mods work online, but the MAJORITY of them just don't for some reason (doesn't even work if I try to apply it retroactively to a replay)

Any info as to why this is/how I can fix it would be amazing!

59 minutes ago, RandomPhail said:

Anybody have any insight as to what causes a costume-mod to work online vs not work online?

For instance, some of Huchii001's mods work online, but the MAJORITY of them just don't for some reason (doesn't even work if I try to apply it retroactively to a replay)

Im not 100% sure but if they arent swap mods (ya know SLOT / WORK in mod.ini) should have problems to use it online

2 hours ago, RandomPhail said:

I don't even play online, but what do you mean "not working"? It is not show up? not in the right texture? cause game crash?  Since Huchii's mods are not shared, there is no information on how he arranges his mod at all. For example, from very few his mods I can get access to, it shows he didn't use softbody at all, then the way he disable the softbody meshes may cause game crash or mesh distortion. 

21 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

I don't even play online, but what do you mean "not working"? It is not show up? not in the right texture? cause game crash?  Since Huchii's mods are not shared, there is no information on how he arranges his mod at all. For example, from very few his mods I can get access to, it shows he didn't use softbody at all, then the way he disable the softbody meshes may cause game crash or mesh distortion. 

The costume just defaults to vanilla for most mods; often times the modded HAIR/face will make it, but not the actual outfit, lol.

The weird thing is though, some of Huchii's mods (at least the older ones) would actually work online iirc, so there's something going on

12 hours ago, RandomPhail said:

The costume just defaults to vanilla for most mods; often times the modded HAIR/face will make it, but not the actual outfit, lol.

The weird thing is though, some of Huchii's mods (at least the older ones) would actually work online iirc, so there's something going on

Looks like REDELBE cannot found the mod files, so try change the mod's folder name to something simple English, and re-type all file names with default English input method.

On 4/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, fgh1t6 said:

Looks like REDELBE cannot found the mod files, so try change the mod's folder name to something simple English, and re-type all file names with default English input method.

Sadly nope :c I changed the costume names to basic English characters (no symbols, no spaces even), and the outfits still work offline, but refuse to work online or in replays

On 4/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, fgh1t6 said:

For beginner of DOA 6 Modding, the working steps (for me) of modifying meshes are:

1. pick a g1m file as container.

2. extract vb/ib from the container g1m, with g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat, and load them into blender.

3. import meshes to joint to the container meshes

4. transfer weights if the imported mesh was not from a same type DOA6 charactor

5. cleanup zero weight vertex group, and all non-DOA6 bone vertex group,

6. run "assign new 3Dmigoto vertex group to current object" script

7. export the mesh (don't change its name, say, it was 3.vb, then save back to 3.vb) to another folder say "out"

8. rename or deleted the extract folder "XXX_COS_###"

9. drag the container g1m file to g1m_import.exe, then when asked, drag the "out" folder to imported the edited meshes only.

I need more of this! Thank you so much.
I jump in blind, I couldn't find any walkthrough tutorial on how to do shite because I'm dumb(and also doesn't have enough time to skim 167 pages of threads). All I can do is little bit of texturing and hair swap, this is a life saver although idk what to do with it yet.

8 hours ago, BeeLy1011 said:

Decided to move it over to Hitomi for multiple reasons, and now this is a thing

I even made sure to weight paint it...

blender_2021-05-06_16-07-18.png

It is weight painted but I guess all the weight is in SK_Hips? Each vertex group is a bone of the armature. If you cant access to the original weights of that costume and rename them, do a weight transfering using a full body model (just google for nude mods)

And the texture is also bugged, u can find the solution in the 2-3 previous pages of this post. So it doesnt look monocromatic.

7 hours ago, BeeLy1011 said:

Where can I find the "assign new 3Dmigoto vertex group to current object" script?

On 4/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, fgh1t6 said:

try this one for 2.82 upper then:  blender_3dmigoto.py, nothing too fancy just add that script to the end of the "Object" tab, and change the default number from 1 to 3 to save us one typing.

Spoiler

image.png.3e7fff1a8ce95cebba0047cbd3c24809.png

Hello I wanna make Hayate 1/2 times shorter

I divided all transition values by 2 in HYT_COS_000 

And I scaled the costume of the left Hayate by 0.5 in blender (right one uses original g1m)

So what im doing wrong or what's left to do?