Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 2:31 AM, ECH489 said:

Anyone can tell please why is the post of the game-meshes different from the mod-meshes ? And how can I let them do the same post?

Appreciate for any help

Blender_ [F__game_doa6_DOA6modding files_新建文件夹_15.03.blend] 2021_12_5 16_18_25.png

I had this same problem you going to have to export your mod-mesh to the in game  body mesh. so for example let's say your mod-mesh is 6.vb and the in game mesh is 7.vb you export your mod body(6.vb) to the doa body (7.vb) Also make sure you assign new vertex groups to 3 and make sure you weight painted.

Edited by numberofthedevil
23 minutes ago, Munch77 said:

Hmm I haven't seen any mods that do this... I checked Files > DoA6...  maybe I looked in the wrong area?

There was a guy on here who increased ayane breast and her butt. I forgot what page number it was under because that wasn't what I was looking for. But yeah you can probably find a mod out on there.  

On 12/6/2021 at 1:42 PM, numberofthedevil said:

It's so dead on here. The modders that use to be on here isn't on here as much anymore. Wish I got into modding early. Really hard trying to figure out how to fix a doa modding problems when there's no modders around to ask any more.  The game is so dead most people have lost interest in it. 

I found this unused animations mod for DOA5LR but I don't know if it's available for download anywhere. https://twitter.com/ze_ro_shi_ki/status/1428961332921991174

You can download unused animations mod for DOA6 here  https://twitter.com/kasumiryona/status/1364152093263634432

upd: found this but I haven't tried it yet https://www.deviantart.com/sindorsf4/art/Doa5LR-chars-n-moves-customised-818273616

15 hours ago, Emiya_Kiristugu said:

I found this unused animations mod for DOA5LR but I don't know if it's available for download anywhere. https://twitter.com/ze_ro_shi_ki/status/1428961332921991174

You can download unused animations mod for DOA6 here  https://twitter.com/kasumiryona/status/1364152093263634432

upd: found this but I haven't tried it yet https://www.deviantart.com/sindorsf4/art/Doa5LR-chars-n-moves-customised-818273616

I remember hearing about this. There useful if you want different animations but their also pretty buggy and can be irritateing, especially when it comes to launches, after a critical attack.

Can someone help me out with an issue? So I did a mod for Kasumi that gives her Nico's hair but I used Blender to adjust the hair to Kasumi's head for a fit and I then recolored it and then used G1t replaced the texture with the color change later since I realized you could UV map with the lower res texture so it loads in blender but just use the higher MB one with more clear textures for using in game 

For some reason however a friend has complained and said when he uses my hair mods online they load like this online but he says they work fine offline which I find odd. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it something he's doing like maybe a conflicting mod like the doa6 texture upgrade mod that improved the game visually? He also has said that he changes the mod slot of my mod even tho I know you're not supposed to do that, like I assigned the Nico mod to Kasumi's bride hair slot but he switched the mod name and mod slot and he also changed the G1m and g1t to Kasumi's names, for example he changed the Nico mod I did from NIC_HAIR_002.g1m to KAS_HAIR_002.g1m

-rww6su.jpg.5b31f2fbb240671ae7c2bfafc5f9c4d4.jpg

11 hours ago, Lovre said:

Can someone help me out with an issue? So I did a mod for Kasumi that gives her Nico's hair but I used Blender to adjust the hair to Kasumi's head for a fit and I then recolored it and then used G1t replaced the texture with the color change later since I realized you could UV map with the lower res texture so it loads in blender but just use the higher MB one with more clear textures for using in game 

For some reason however a friend has complained and said when he uses my hair mods online they load like this online but he says they work fine offline which I find odd. Is it something I'm doing wrong or is it something he's doing like maybe a conflicting mod like the doa6 texture upgrade mod that improved the game visually? He also has said that he changes the mod slot of my mod even tho I know you're not supposed to do that, like I assigned the Nico mod to Kasumi's bride hair slot but he switched the mod name and mod slot and he also changed the G1m and g1t to Kasumi's names, for example he changed the Nico mod I did from NIC_HAIR_002.g1m to KAS_HAIR_002.g1m

-rww6su.jpg.5b31f2fbb240671ae7c2bfafc5f9c4d4.jpg

That's pretty weird maybe it's, something to do with online, not all mods work online.  You should tell your friend not to mess with anything especially not with the g1m. If you got a g1m from one character you shouldn't change the name to another.  There could be another mod that he has that makes it like that? You should see how it will look if you go online and use your mod. If there's nothing wrong with it, it probably means there's a problem with another mod he has and not yours.

6 hours ago, numberofthedevil said:

That's pretty weird maybe it's, something to do with online, not all mods work online.  You should tell your friend not to mess with anything especially not with the g1m. If you got a g1m from one character you shouldn't change the name to another.  There could be another mod that he has that makes it like that? You should see how it will look if you go online and use your mod. If there's nothing wrong with it, it probably means there's a problem with another mod he has and not yours.

Thank you for the reply, and that's the thing... I can't exactly test it myself since I'm not able to be online really atm because of work xD I asked a friend to test it but there's no issues from his part but idk, I kinda need a second opinion since the friend hasn't replied yet, if someone else could try the space buns mod I did for example or the Nico hair mod online and see if they're fine I can confirm to the first friend who had issues that's it's likely a mod or something on his end since I found out he switches the mod slot and name and also he tried to change the G1m file name, I explained to him not to do that but idk if he's understanding since he's still trying it because he thinks it's fixing the issue when it's not

I don't think it's a wide issue because it works fine for me offline and I haven't gotten a complaint from anyone else who used it. I think it could be the shader mod or something he's using but I just need another person to test it who ideally doesn't have that mod or who doesn't modify my mod files

15 hours ago, Lovre said:

Thank you for the reply, and that's the thing... I can't exactly test it myself since I'm not able to be online really atm because of work xD I asked a friend to test it but there's no issues from his part but idk, I kinda need a second opinion since the friend hasn't replied yet, if someone else could try the space buns mod I did for example or the Nico hair mod online and see if they're fine I can confirm to the first friend who had issues that's it's likely a mod or something on his end since I found out he switches the mod slot and name and also he tried to change the G1m file name, I explained to him not to do that but idk if he's understanding since he's still trying it because he thinks it's fixing the issue when it's not

I don't think it's a wide issue because it works fine for me offline and I haven't gotten a complaint from anyone else who used it. I think it could be the shader mod or something he's using but I just need another person to test it who ideally doesn't have that mod or who doesn't modify my mod files

If your friend doesn't know much about doa modding he should really stop messing with stuff, trust me when I say the more you mess with stuff that you don't know the wrost it gets. It's might be on his end then. I can test it and see, and let you know. My game competely clean with no other mods so we will see if it's the mod itself.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:42 AM, numberofthedevil said:

I had this same problem you going to have to export your mod-mesh to the in game  body mesh. so for example let's say your mod-mesh is 6.vb and the in game mesh is 7.vb you export your mod body(6.vb) to the doa body (7.vb) Also make sure you assign new vertex groups to 3 and make sure you weight painted.

thank you for help, but too busy to try again these days...i'will try it somday     thanks again

8 hours ago, ECH489 said:

thank you for help, but too busy to try again these days...i'will try it somday     thanks again

No problem but when u do go back to modding keep in mind in when modding the poses have to be the same. So let's say when you are done with your mod and you are ready to export your modded body make sure the bodys have the same poses. Sorry if this is confusing

23 minutes ago, numberofthedevil said:

I run into something interesting. This is a old video on youtube but it seem phase 4 had her old launcher from doa5LR into 6. Anyone know if there's a way to get it back? The Cpu was the only one able to do this. 

It's not possible, that was just an old AI move left in that they patched out like Kasumi's old charge attack. They should have left it in tho since the AI doesn't really know what to do with her anymore, I don't think they programmed it to be able to do anything with her new 33K launcher

1 hour ago, Lovre said:

It's not possible, that was just an old AI move left in that they patched out like Kasumi's old charge attack. They should have left it in tho since the AI doesn't really know what to do with her anymore, I don't think they programmed it to be able to do anything with her new 33K launcher

Damn wish there was a way to use that move again. Forgot about the kasumi launcher thing. It's crazy because both moves worked perfectly fine, they could have left it in there.