Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 4/22/2021 at 10:16 PM, fgh1t6 said:

For beginner of DOA 6 Modding, the working steps (for me) of modifying meshes are:

1. pick a g1m file as container.

2. extract vb/ib from the container g1m, with g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat, and load them into blender.

3. import meshes to joint to the container meshes

4. transfer weights if the imported mesh was not from a same type DOA6 charactor

5. cleanup zero weight vertex group, and all non-DOA6 bone vertex group,

6. run "assign new 3Dmigoto vertex group to current object" script

7. export the mesh (don't change its name, say, it was 3.vb, then save back to 3.vb) to another folder say "out"

8. rename or deleted the extract folder "XXX_COS_###"

9. drag the container g1m file to g1m_import.exe, then when asked, drag the "out" folder to imported the edited meshes only.

Thank You!

On 5/17/2021 at 2:08 AM, Azkni said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3e7fff1a8ce95cebba0047cbd3c24809.png

Hello I wanna make Hayate 1/2 times shorter

I divided all transition values by 2 in HYT_COS_000 

And I scaled the costume of the left Hayate by 0.5 in blender (right one uses original g1m)

So what im doing wrong or what's left to do?

OH MY GOD LMAO

1 hour ago, BeeLy1011 said:

Got it, but now there's a new problem...

It looks like you have select all objects. 2.82 support multi-object operation, but the plugin does not. 

Otherwise, as the error message said "11.vb has no 3dMigoto vgmap".  Select 11.vb only, go to menu File->Import->"Apply 3DMigoto vertex group map to current object". then select the "11.vgmap" file which should be in the same place with the 11.vb and 11.ib files.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:36 PM, fgh1t6 said:

Simple answer is Yes!

Detail is:

first of all, the .kts file list must has the alem entry. in .kts file, looking for ", 0, 19 , 0,  4, 4", if not found (of course!) ,  replace the shl one (, 0,37,37,4,4), since it seems they cannot be used at the same time anyway. And yep, use the shl's g1t file too.

2nd, go to xml file's "<MaterialsSection>" and the block for that kts set, say    <Material idx="0">, replace the poor shl's entry

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="37" u_06="37" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

to alem

<Texture id="5" type="0" type2="19" u_06="0" u_08="4" u_0a="4" />

than, go to the corresponding "<AttributesSection>/<MaterialAttributes idx="?">" copy the following attributes from cos036: "Attribute name="aleScl", and "Attribute name="alePMPrms" . the first number of alePMPrms, is the flash speed. say, 0.3 is flash in 1/0.3 seconds, 0 means no changing, 

and finally of course the Shader hash, from cos036, I got two: @5DE4D28B/ @762C3826 don't know what is difference.

Hey do u know what texture controls the shining parts or the color? Did those steps with RID_COS_030 and looks like this

Spoiler

image.png

On 5/23/2021 at 10:14 PM, Azkni said:

Hey do u know what texture controls the shining parts or the color? Did those steps with RID_COS_030 and looks like this

Reveal hidden contents

You mean the green marks? They looks like the dirt (arr0) in ".kidswtm" ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:06 PM, dantekapoor said:

glad u like my avatar i took this while playing with this mod ,, this belong to gotto tom .. here is the link from where u can get this its included in big pack with other mods u will find this one also -----  https://www.deviantart.com/gattotomdoa5lrmods/art/DOA6-2K-Subs-Mod-Pack-819091946

Your avatar is "dead or alive 5 mod", the download link you shared with me is "dead or alive 6 mod", what I need is "dead or alive mod" not "dead or alive 6 mod".

On 6/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, Azkni said:

That costume is a DOA5 DLC Honoka costume, not a mod

My "dead or alive 5" is version 1.10C.image.png.bb016ebf6af58ccfb747583a147e133e.png

I was looking for black tights in the gameimage.png.6ca707dd94e31eff6ffb1543ccc10b06.png, but I didn't find long black hair. dantekapoorCould you please tell me where I can download it? I like honokadantekapoor with long black hair and black tights.

Thank You! I wish you good luck!

Edited by yun2673436976
51 minutes ago, yun2673436976 said:

Your avatar is "dead or alive 5 mod", the download link you shared with me is "dead or alive 6 mod", what I need is "dead or alive mod" not "dead or alive 6 mod".

On 6/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, Azkni said:

My "dead or alive 5" is version 1.10C.image.png.bb016ebf6af58ccfb747583a147e133e.png

I was looking for black tights in the gameimage.png.6ca707dd94e31eff6ffb1543ccc10b06.png, but I didn't find long black hair. dantekapoorCould you please tell me where I can download it? I like honokadantekapoor with long black hair and black tights.

Edited by yun2673436976
On 6/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, yun2673436976 said:

Hair - https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/Honoka-Loose-Hair-DOA5-612673991
About the costume no idea why it doesnt show up tbh I never played DOA5, but it is listed as one of her costumes in any wiki

4 hours ago, Azkni said:

Is it just me or the script for import and export vb/ib doesnt work in the latest version of blender in steam?

If it is Blender 2.93, and error is "'_PropertyDeferred' object is not iterable", that is a known issue for old style code. Wait for an update of the script or manually change the property definition from useing "=" to ":" 

Look for:

files = CollectionProperty(

name="File Path",

type=bpy.types.OperatorFileListElement,

)

change to:

files : CollectionProperty(

name="File Path",

)

Edited by fgh1t6
17 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

If it is Blender 2.93, and error is "'_PropertyDeferred' object is not iterable", that is a known issue for old style code. Wait for an update of the script or manually change the property definition from useing "=" to ":" 

Look for:

files = CollectionProperty(

name="File Path",

)

change to:

files : CollectionProperty(

name="File Path",

)

OOh thx!! To solve it I changed it back to 2.83 xd , which Im more used to. 

Edited by Azkni
On 6/2/2021 at 11:57 AM, yun2673436976 said:

bro the image i useing is from doa 6 not doa 5 .. but u can download black hair for doa 5 honoka from here ----- https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/Honoka-Loose-Hair-DOA5-612673991

and secret agent costume from here --- https://www.deviantart.com/bbbsfxt/art/Honoka-Secret-Agent-DOA5-PC-612295042

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this post.

I know my way around blender and mesh creation etc but I am unsure on how to have these then created for mods to import to the game itself. 
Below is something I put together in blender and would love to have it within the game itself

Any advice with this, or if someone could point me in the right direction to any tutorials, would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

TinaAB.png

• 2 weeks later...

Use machine translation

Help me.
I'd like to replace the leotard in NiCO Costume 005 with a naked body, but I'm struggling with a soft body.

The vertices that protruded from the UV map were forcibly separated, and although I was able to fit them within the UV frame, some of them still stretched in the game.
"If you make a mistake in setting TEXCOORD and UV map, the mesh will be blown up". Where do you make such settings?
When I was looking for a way to do that, I noticed the custom property in the right frame and found that the property values of 8 and 9 of TEXCOORD were {'flip_v': 0}. Even if you look at the vanilla data and MOD, all of them are {'flip_v': 1}, so it is probably an abnormal result.
And when comparing TEXCOORD, the place where the vertices are concentrated should be the upper left, but in my state it is the lower left.
When I loaded the soft body into the vanilla data and recalculated it, the property value became {'flip_v': 0}, and the vertices moved to the lower left. It's not flashy in the game, but it's definitely distorted.

What am I doing wrong?
The thread took a few days to read through everything, but couldn't find a suitable description.
Help. I want to move on ...

21 hours ago, AM22:98 said:

Use machine translation

Help me.
I'd like to replace the leotard in NiCO Costume 005 with a naked body, but I'm struggling with a soft body.

The vertices that protruded from the UV map were forcibly separated, and although I was able to fit them within the UV frame, some of them still stretched in the game.
"If you make a mistake in setting TEXCOORD and UV map, the mesh will be blown up". Where do you make such settings?
When I was looking for a way to do that, I noticed the custom property in the right frame and found that the property values of 8 and 9 of TEXCOORD were {'flip_v': 0}. Even if you look at the vanilla data and MOD, all of them are {'flip_v': 1}, so it is probably an abnormal result.
And when comparing TEXCOORD, the place where the vertices are concentrated should be the upper left, but in my state it is the lower left.
When I loaded the soft body into the vanilla data and recalculated it, the property value became {'flip_v': 0}, and the vertices moved to the lower left. It's not flashy in the game, but it's definitely distorted.

What am I doing wrong?
The thread took a few days to read through everything, but couldn't find a suitable description.
Help. I want to move on ...

The "TEXCOORD8.xy","TEXCOORD8.zw","TEXCOORD9.xy","TEXCOORD9.zw", they are only use the UV map as container, They are not UV data, the "flip" setting has no meaning for them. And the only correct way to modift them are through the recalculate script. All these data officially should be in the range of 0-1, Thus, use the UV editor you can see the how "correct" they are. After recalculated, some of them may went into negative, that is still O.K, but if it went to some where away from the 0-1 range more than 0.1 you will start to see distortions.

1 hour ago, fgh1t6 said:

The "TEXCOORD8.xy","TEXCOORD8.zw","TEXCOORD9.xy","TEXCOORD9.zw", they are only use the UV map as container, They are not UV data, the "flip" setting has no meaning for them. And the only correct way to modift them are through the recalculate script. All these data officially should be in the range of 0-1, Thus, use the UV editor you can see the how "correct" they are. After recalculated, some of them may went into negative, that is still O.K, but if it went to some where away from the 0-1 range more than 0.1 you will start to see distortions.

Ah, that is ...
・ There is no problem even if the vertices are concentrated in the lower left.
・ Even if it is within the UV map frame, it will be distorted if it is not within the range of 0-1.
Is that right?

The script uses h4sjohnson's IMPROVED SOFT .PY SCRIPT, but since it's installed, it should work fine.
Then I don't know how to check the range of 0-1. …… Maybe all the vertices displayed like “Vertex at <Vector (-0.0000, 26.3545, 7.5780)> surrounded by irregular number of 6 nodes” displayed in the information log after recalculation? Do you mean to separate or move these and repeat until they are no longer displayed in the Log?

6 hours ago, AM22:98 said:

Ah, that is ...
・ There is no problem even if the vertices are concentrated in the lower left.
・ Even if it is within the UV map frame, it will be distorted if it is not within the range of 0-1.
Is that right?

The script uses h4sjohnson's IMPROVED SOFT .PY SCRIPT, but since it's installed, it should work fine.
Then I don't know how to check the range of 0-1. …… Maybe all the vertices displayed like “Vertex at <Vector (-0.0000, 26.3545, 7.5780)> surrounded by irregular number of 6 nodes” displayed in the information log after recalculation? Do you mean to separate or move these and repeat until they are no longer displayed in the Log?

The log give you the position, such as (-0.0000, 26.3545, 7.5780),  of the problematic vertices. the problem is there may be a lot of them.  since the frame of UV map, by default is (0,0) on top-left, and (1,1) on bottom-right, so I use it to quick check these abnormal vertex. For  "surrounded by irregular number of  * nodes" you either delete the vertex or move it to somewhere sounding by 8 "nodes"--- they are these little boxes after loading the softbody.

16 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

The log give you the position, such as (-0.0000, 26.3545, 7.5780),  of the problematic vertices. the problem is there may be a lot of them.  since the frame of UV map, by default is (0,0) on top-left, and (1,1) on bottom-right, so I use it to quick check these abnormal vertex. For  "surrounded by irregular number of  * nodes" you either delete the vertex or move it to somewhere sounding by 8 "nodes"--- they are these little boxes after loading the softbody.

Oh ... it seems to be harder than I imagined.
But now that I know what to do, I will continue to challenge.

Thanks to fgh1t6.