Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Is there a way to have modded costumes show up in the wardrobe section and be saved to slots, or can I only access them in VS. by hitting "f" and scrolling through the entire list?

Similarly is there a way to swap a default costume (that you've unlocked) out in it's slot with a modded one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@sheno1346

like this. this is how quickly i can port DoAX3/VV outfits now, about 15 minutes. but i have to sacrifice breast physics to do it. which i'm planning on doing, until i can add physics to ported outfits properly or until there's an easier method in doing it. adding breast physics to outfits that are not native to DoA6 or native to a character's height is the hardest and most advance thing. porting outfits to the guys is by far the easiest.

but i'm still not porting every outfit, even without physics. i'm still focusing on updating a different modders work and i'm only adding new outfits for ayane, hitomi and now tamaki. no one else "actively". i'm leaving that to people who want to actively port older outfits and DoAX3/VV to every character.20200808231446_1.jpg.6bfebd4864f02d7eaa3844ce5f11013f.jpg

doaxvv_ayane___licorice_leaf__dl__by_shuubaru_dd7jqag-pre.jpg.6203c9a1f486a49d3bd27b2711b48bab.jpg

On 8/4/2020 at 7:09 PM, hhartman69 said:

Is there a way to have modded costumes show up in the wardrobe section and be saved to slots, or can I only access them in VS. by hitting "f" and scrolling through the entire list?

Similarly is there a way to swap a default costume (that you've unlocked) out in it's slot with a modded one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe what you're asking is the "DIRECT" method of installing mods.

Most mods are designed to be Layer2 mods.  If you were to look at them, most contain a "CHARACTER" & a "MATERIAL" folder.  You can have them be "Direct" and show up in the wardrobe section by taking the files in "CHARACTER" and placing them into "CHARACTEREDITOR" under your REDELBE folder.  Same goes for "MATERIAL" -> "MATERIALEDITOR".

Be careful of any files with the same file names.

WIP: cloak trial

Spoiler

952449724_DEADORALIVE629_08_202002_58_35(2).png.11333b5c1db333a9da08fbfbf6724bdc.png

1959455057_DEADORALIVE629_08_202002_58_25(2).png.7adb0c123c93dc2fa180c6b5d952daae.png

While trying, met a very new situation: the imported texture g1t file cause game crash because the the original g1t file used in LEI_COS_101 has 10 Mip maps, but the imported one from  PHF_COS_039 only has 9 Mip maps. I never notice that the number of Mip maps could change and matters.