Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

5 hours ago, coldskates said:

@wingzg  I actually managed to hide the weight-thingy from Kasumi (and few others) training costumes, but the spandex-shorts she is wearing have this little mesh thing, which holds the weight, and now it looks a bit weird. Is it actually another mesh you can hide, or is it part of shorts-mesh? If its the later one, I guess it will require some adjustment in a program like blender?

Like what @blackdragon99 said, it's part of the shorts-mesh.  So you would have to make the edits in Blender.  Hiding it won't work in this case.

Blender is actually how you find out which mesh number is what.  When you import them, you'll see which mesh is coordinated with which number.  That's how I was able to find the skirts mesh# from COS030

Spoiler

ble.jpg.ab8524135c71c882ea89e52212d5318c.jpg

Learning how to use Blender is an important skill to learn when in comes to DOA6 modding.  There are plently of tutorials online.  The plugins you'll need  for Blender are all on the first post in this topic.

7 hours ago, arvent said:

Hi, guys.

I've used to make own DOA5 mod with riry sukisuki, dtk mnr's programs. (LR Photo Studio, TMC Object Tools, ... )

What I'm curious is is there any (almost) all-in-one program in DOA6?

At the DOA5 modding, it's LR Photo Studio. It's not only a model viewer but also simple mesh editor(simply remove meshes) and texture extractor.

In DOA6 modding world, is there any close program to LR Photo Studio?

Thanks in advance.

Not necessary at the moment.  The big 3 you need for DOA6 is Blender, Photoshop or Gimp, and vagonumero13's tools.

What can I do to change voice files that play when characters get hit? Specifically I want to have more voice files play because I notice there are fewer voices overall than in DOA5. I notice when I use motion swap in cheat engine then no voices play at all so Im guessing its tables of voice file names in animation data or something that needs to be modded

Guys, I was experimenting with costume swapping between girls, based on few swap-mods out there. But it turns out, that even girls of same body type are not necessary compatible. I tried to give Helena the training gear of Christie, but then she has a visible seam on her neck. Seems like the height difference between them. I guess, it can only be fixed by blender, right? Can it be fixed at all?

1 hour ago, Azkni said:

Hi what "Apply 3Dmigoto vertex group map to current object" does exactly? and what vgmap should I select? Thanks :D

That is to reset the current object's bone vertex groups. When the plugin read in vb/ib mesh, bones are number indexed. The vgmap file mapping the index number to name list, which will be used by g1m_import to map to the g1m bone map. So if you think you have mess up the bone vertex group's name and /or there is non listed bone groups, then you should reload the vgmap file with the same name of the mesh's vb/ib. i.e 1.vgmap is for 1.vb/1.ib  

3 hours ago, fgh1t6 said:

That is to reset the current object's bone vertex groups. When the plugin read in vb/ib mesh, bones are number indexed. The vgmap file mapping the index number to name list, which will be used by g1m_import to map to the g1m bone map. So if you think you have mess up the bone vertex group's name and /or there is non listed bone groups, then you should reload the vgmap file with the same name of the mesh's vb/ib. i.e 1.vgmap is for 1.vb/1.ib  

So there's any way to add all the bones in any vb/ib? Because Im trying to mod Raidou but I cant find any model with all the bones in a single  vb/ib ?

2 hours ago, Azkni said:

So there's any way to add all the bones in any vb/ib? Because Im trying to mod Raidou but I cant find any model with all the bones in a single  vb/ib ?

yes, in blender, push space, type and run the script "Assign new 3DMigoto vertex group", set vertex group step to 3. All groups currently existed in the mesh will be added to the vgmap file when export.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Monty-R said:

Is there a way to apply Redelbe mods on two fighters in spectator mode?

I'm assuming you're talking about Replays and Layer2 methods.

The trick is to have your Player 1 character be the main character selected in wardrobe.

1.  Save your replay and note the character slots they use. 

For this example:
Player 1: KASCOS006

Player 2: MOMCOS005

2.  Set your main character to KASCOS006 in wardrobe

Spoiler

1.jpg.a53efc235b9f1f40d1a5126654cddd15.jpg

3.  Go to any character select screen and "highlight" the mods.

Spoiler

2.jpg.73d882756114404abba1ff0eaecdb4d3.jpg

4.  Exit character select screen and your home character should have your highlighted mod

Spoiler

3.jpg.d981c0e45f8795f3c3bd9d1d196892e9.jpg

5.  Go to your replay and it should work.

Spoiler

4.jpg.80e3eb70c149575a2bdd0318b3077f79.jpg