Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

On 4/30/2020 at 10:39 PM, XUTERO said:

I replaced the 0.fmt with another one who had an alpha texture and made it transparent. Dirt still appears on the invisible mesh though. I might try the g1m_hide.exe instead. (although I'm not too sure about how to use it)

After a lot of skinning testing, further mesh fine-tuning, texture modifications, I am finally starting to get interesting results. 

FinalResult.jpg.6d6cd024022d077c6d4f00ed10326b14.jpg

The reflexion maps have been driving me crazy but I finally more or less understand how their data is being treated. 
(completely differently from DXT1 to BC7...)

EDIT: By the way, is it possible to transfer weights from several VB meshes instead of a single one? 

wow we got Nazi tamaki looks great 

On 5/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, perfectdark023 said:
Blood can now be seen during fights, no more disappearing blood and flickering
Okay I was completely wrong, the blood glitches were on my end. I had to separate the blood and the sweat. Which I don't think was possible until a recent update with "Qg1t tool and rdbtool" a few days ago.

very nice mate love that blood mod , am i allowed to showcase this on my channel ? 

Just now, CHELL0721 said:

Just delete the bra mesh. It takes a few minutes to complete, so it ’s easy to do it yourself

i never used those tools , mostly i do street fighter V mods videos iam new to doa 6 and i know nothing about modding , no probs maybe someone as will send me link , or i will try these tool later and try to learn right now iam Noob lol ?

2 minutes ago, CHELL0721 said:

Modified Ver of MOD

I have to confirm the distribution of mods, but it is good to make a new mod by myself and make it a video

wow gotto tom mods are always great he is very cool dude , i also done lots video of his mods , i like ur video very nice 

On 4/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, fgh1t6 said:

A mod to experiment on transparent texture control. Idea from Funnybuny666's Nyo nude mod: https://www.deviantart.com/funnybunny666/art/Nyotengu-Nude-Corset-Skirt-791694795

Many thanks to @vagonumero13. His new g1m_xml tool is very powerful for modifying material settings! A little issue is it also use the default folder of g1m_import.exe, so now the g1m_import will complain "there is no file to import" instead of asking for where is the folder to be imported. 

Credits:

Vagonumero13: rdbtool, g1mtools and REDELBE

Ausgeek: 3dmigoto tools for blender

洛克人SZ : LINKDATA tools for export and import the texture

Team Ninja, SNK: characters and game assets

fgCut_MOM033_minThong_title.jpg.ce179ee176d3b3af80e5507fc80cf7ae.jpg

fgCut_MOM033_minThong.zip 3.82 MB · 145 downloads

wow momiji looks so hot in it thanks for this awesome mod

On 5/18/2020 at 6:10 AM, wingzg said:

I'm really close to completing this mod.  There's some polish that needs to be done but there's one critical problem.

kas1.thumb.jpg.7b4f5ac17452f247373c39a88378a26b.jpg

Has anyone run into this issue when they "Updated DOA6 Soft Body Vertex Position"?  This is for her left & and right breasts.

error.jpg.d816eb35630a712ef68733605e39531b.jpg

If so, how do I fix this?

Thank you

It isn't an error, it is just a pop-up. 

To see if your breast meshes will have issues like in your picture, you have to expand the top bar and after doing the recalculation, if you see some red lines those are the vertexes that need to be changed(every line tells you the vertex coordinates). You just need to move a little and reapply the calculation to see if the error disappears

24 minutes ago, CHELL0721 said:

Transparent mod
Biman Invisible can be done with Cheat Engine, but it is MOD

100% transparent of whole mesh is called "hide". It can be done by g1m_hide.exe. If I am not wrong, hide all meshes in custom g1m, face g1m and hair g1m will do the job.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:37 AM, fgh1t6 said:

Jedi fighting! It's a shame that NYO is the only character can hold weapons, and I don't know how to replace the speech yet. I am a bit reluctant to release this mod though, because it is very fragile to  work . There are tons of material redirects with slot-work settings, also, the hair clipped into the gown ... In short, it is far from perfect.  But if you still like to have it, give a "like it" under this pose. If more then 10 like to have it, I will publish. But, if so,  don't come back to complain it is not working. 

348855133_DEADORALIVE608_05_202021_41_31.png.025c4f75f62c93e8409d87028f078c15.png

2079011536_DEADORALIVE62020-05-0821-43-36_Moment.jpg.9ddd4a6389d262b9e9a99caac8b74c6a.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

1947035635_DEADORALIVE62020-05-0821-43-36_Moment(3).jpg.fda0622a9c177d7dc9308210011086d9.jpg

Videos:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

very nice work bro awesome mod i love star wars 

2 hours ago, DOA RAJU said:

very nice work bro awesome mod i love star wars 

Thanks, unfortunately, in this Jedi knight mod, I found there is some unknown relationship between the file sets and the light-effect hash code. The effect hash code is looking for a particular file type of material file. If the type is not matching, the game will crash. It works now on a  try-and-error solution, but after using this mod, when the game trying to load the default costume of the slot, it will fail to load the default file set and crash.  It should be resolvable by arrange the material redirection and slot selection more carefully. But I am diving into Honoka's big boobs now. ?

36 minutes ago, gatto tom said:

Anyone knows why when you full swap a costume from another girl to Nyotengu her breast gets as dull as grandma?

Hide contents

2066233032_DesktopScreenshot2020_05.20-14_32_37_11.png.20e35782cc6f2b6bb3e78f8f9bdbdede.png

1743125389_DesktopScreenshot2020_05.20-14_32_49_47.png.8cfe12be5c2cdde0bd5757db6b9f31b0.png

My experience is:  the g1m file provide a "normalised" model. The character slot will apply some kind of scale factor to adjust the bone position which will deform the body mesh accordingly. And finally, the softbody /4d vertex are all controlled by animation settings (g1a file, I guess) to define how bouncy these parts can be.  The Breast softbody array seems connect to "SOFT000_ROOT"/ "SOFT001_ROOT" bone, if that bone is scaled down, than the breast will be pull down. You may try adjust the position of these bones to see if it can bring the breast up. I remember I did that before but not successful. However, that was before the g1m_xml tool come out. Now, with the g1m_xml tool,  it can be done much easier:

in the xml file, search "Bone name="SOFT000_ROOT"", and experiment the "Translation value" . I think that is the Left Breast softbody array root. Bone name="SOFT001_ROOT" is the right side one.

Costumes probably have additional data in the kidsobjdb files. And I suspect the "breasts going down in some slots" is cause by some of that additional data.

I have already a parser for kidsobjdb and converter to .xml, but until I finish my sub.project of "master hash list", those xml are almost as unreadable as the binary.

Once I finish that, well, the values, it will possible to research which value controls that (possibly). Sadly, I think all costumes (and also hair, etc) have the data in the same kidsobjdb, so that file will not be suitable for modding, but it will be suitable for intermediate step of researching, so that later I can add (via patching) support for layer2 mods to modify those extra parameters, or at least that's the idea, I won't know for sure until knowing which kind of data can be controlled with these kidsobjdb files.