Dead or Alive 6 - Modding Thread and Discussion

Vagonumero13 Figured out how to make it rain. So it may conflict with other mods, the gloss conflicts with some of my blood mods. I'm going through and seeing what I can change since we can now change the environment settings through the mod text itself from what it looks like. Brightness, Bloom, contrast, Rain transparency, Character Lighting, Snow scale, etc. So just like my blood mods, if you want to download it now go ahead. If you want to wait until a better rain mod gets released by myself or someone else, you can do that too. The Rain drops the FPS in 4K settings even more on Throwdown, but I think I can optimize it through the mod file.

1 hour ago, RigidRourke said:

Totally awesome

Spoiler

1073633480_DEADORALIVE66_8_20206_35_49PM.thumb.png.da9b1f8955797ef67c678f18ebdd4720.png

Spoiler

587357466_DEADORALIVE66_8_20206_13_57PM.thumb.png.9eccff7cf76551fa72f1f86224566869.png

Glad you like it. Based on what I'm seeing the lighting in DoA6 is realistic at a certain extent. I can't find away to increase the brightness of the whole body of characters (character lighting) without increasing the brightness of the stage too, only where the sun is pointing is how characters get light. And I'm trying to see how to turn lights and neon signs off, on, make them brighter, and increase the distance of the light.1857967504_Annotation2020-06-08223057.png.a42eab091672d3ade2d36722718ef55c.png

Spoiler

175895396_Annotation2020-06-08223236.png.0e0c0b2332f5c822bb0a28198fc0cd3b.png

Spoiler

1104468756_Annotation2020-06-08223333.png.488188cf19b7ff63c9f979c57c82aeaf.png

4 hours ago, perfectdark023 said:

Glad you like it. Based on what I'm seeing the lighting in DoA6 is realistic at a certain extent. I can't find away to increase the brightness of the whole body of characters (character lighting) without increasing the brightness of the stage too, only where the sun is pointing is how characters get light. And I'm trying to see how to turn lights and neon signs off, on, make them brighter, and increase the distance of the light.1857967504_Annotation2020-06-08223057.png.a42eab091672d3ade2d36722718ef55c.png

Hide contents

175895396_Annotation2020-06-08223236.png.0e0c0b2332f5c822bb0a28198fc0cd3b.png

Hide contents

1104468756_Annotation2020-06-08223333.png.488188cf19b7ff63c9f979c57c82aeaf.png

My guess is the neons are texture layers of some kind. To make them luminescent, could you apply the same values as those that make characters brighter? On/off would function the way character lighting does, as they move in and out of shadows.

As for the light source: this is a stretch, but maybe you could have the light source seem to be shining up through the ground instead of onto the characters, to make them brighter. Like, you would render the stage to stand on its side, with the light source shining from its default position "down" through the ground (the ground would have to be more transparent). Then you would have the stage be flipped by the program back to normal for gaming i.e. but with the light source then shining up through the ground instead of down from the sky. Effectively, the light source would seem to be bouncing up off the ground, making the characters brighter that way, from the bottom up. Our imaginations would do the rest of the work for us while we play in the rain. (I wonder if any of that is possible, though. You'd literally have to flip a stage onto its side, with its light source in the same place, then command the game exec to flip it back with the light source in a different place. Twilight Zone. That rig is probably deeply buried in the game's script and coded somehow freakish.)

Another way to do could be to exaggerate the brightness, or glow, of the characters' skin and clothes. Wet surfaces in real life tend to light up their surroundings when they have large enough volumes of light bouncing off them. So the fact that you already have rain would let us believe that the characters are brighter because of the water, but in fact the characters are making the falling particles look like water, within a few virtual feet of them, since they themselves are brighter, or glowing, and shining through the particles.

Maybe you could utilize one of the characters' fireball effects to make this sort of character "light aura" happen? Maybe also for neons? Raido's fireball effect, maybe? How do you suppose the light source might affect the characters if the entire rain stage were to be happening inside of a relatively transparent Raido fireball effect? (This option could potentially crave lots of GPU memory. And I wonder what Raido's fireball would be called in the script; could be tough to find. And I'm not positive Raido's and Momiji's et al fireball affects have material shadow dynamics. They do have shockwave dynamics that show when DOA6 is at its highest video settings. That could be something.)

Are the character models identical in every mode or is the camera setting(s) different?..

Main Menu ect..

There's a model swap for DOAXVV Gravure scenes compared to Gameplay (not offline)

Spoiler

Randomly udating skin textures.. send a file (cant find any)..

Spoiler

..or any working/ported spec map

Hello, I decided to post this question here as well, cause I think it was wrong to post it in mod requests thread. sorry!

I am trying to make a simple mod/swap - to make Mila's breakable bikini with apron to appear by default in broken state (without apron). So, I extracted the files, Character and Materials, for this costume MIL_COS_030 and put them in Layer2 folder, adding mod.ini and swapping the *.g1m and *a.g1m files with each other. Well, when I activate the mod, the apron is gone, but Mila's body is covered in paint and textures:

Spoiler

799490489_DOA6Screenshot2020_06.22-15_53_02_75.png.bd443c4d1d4f9848ad8d3bddf1ae9b1b.png

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

8 hours ago, coldskates said:

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

It's because COS30 has more meshes than COS30a.  Because of that, it has more textures as well.  So when you renamed the COS file, the game thinks the apron is still there and needs to place the texture somewhere.  In this case, it's Mila's body.

There are multiple ways to remedy this.

But, the easiest method is to use g1mhide to make the apron invisible on her COS30.  The meshes you want to hide are 8,9,10,11.

The COS030.g1m file is all you will need when you use the g1mhide method.  No need for the other Character / Material files.