3 hours ago, Inte said:

No idea what that is. I would need the whole log and nothing but. 

You switched to SSE? You... you traitor. :classic_wink:

But seriously, how do you like SE vs. LE?  

SE is much much better.  It's been far more stable - except for this weirdness that's appeared over the last couple of days. 

Graphics are better, as a lot of the ancillary mods, scenery etc show a big uptick. 

Moving from MO1 to MO2 also has made a change for an overall improvement in game management

Some of all that is probably helped by having a new computer, with Win 7 to Win10 (I was a refusnik!), faster CPU and GPU, more memory etc,, but the difference was still notable even in the fairly limited amount of time I played SE on the older one with the same spec as LE

Meantime, avoiding AE and Win11 as I would the plague ... LOL

==============

Otherwise, you want a log?   Here you go

.1 is CTD on startup

.2 is CTD on startup

.0 was successful startup, but CTD when trying to continue game with a reload the prior save

It's almost as if the game will fire up before getting to a certain point, it's OK, but if not, it crashes.  And every in game load of a prior save CTDs without fail

If you have any ideas from those, be glad to hear

Papyrus.1.logPapyrus.0.log

Papyrus.2.log

18 hours ago, Herowynne said:

I'm not familiar with this issue. I did not make any changes in the SE version for this.

Thanks for the replies

It's odd.  I can track back through my saves and see where that error starts - I have a big SSD and save before almost every load screen, just in case, so have '00s of earlier saves which I periodically clear out.  I was going to go back and try loading up some earlier clean ones to see if the same happens

I've also dropped recent logs with inte - see above - so we'll see if they provide any hint as to what's up 

On 12/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, Woreg said:

Hello, this is a Google translation.
first I had Skyrim Utility Mod v. 2.30.5. this version has problems with Sexlab Framework 1.63 reports errors every time the game is loaded. Everything else that is installed with me is ok.
with the new SUM v 2.33.1 no bug because of the Sexlab framework. But there are several error messages DDe and Pop. can you fix that, please?

5 hours ago, Inte said:

You'll have to tell me what error messages you are getting exactly (I need a screenshot showing them).

20211217141024_1.jpg

20211217141031_1.jpg

19 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

SE is much much better.  It's been far more stable

I was afraid you were going to say that. I was looking into trying SE myself, but then AE happened, so now I will wait until things settle down. 

19 hours ago, DonQuiWho said:

If you have any ideas from those, be glad to hear

I was hopping to see something obvious in your logs, but nope, except, 

1. Do you CTD on a new game with your current LO?
  2. You need to clean your save of the previous versions of SDc. Take a look here,  under 'How To Clean Your Save' but apply it to SDc.  
  3. It is very strange how you CTD at the same point in all of your logs. If No. 1 is a 'yes', I would suggest for you to start removing mods, one at a time, starting with SUM and see when your CTD stops. 
  4. What is your save string count? Knowing how Bethesda does things the max string count for SE is still 65K, no? 

Edited by Inte
LL, how am I supposed to ninja edit my posts if you go and jibber-jabber about it to everyone? Hmm?
18 hours ago, Woreg said:

20211217141024_1.jpg

20211217141031_1.jpg

Thanks for the screenshots, but there is nothing for me to do there, those messages are by design. 

You have 2 choices. 

1. If you want to keep using the old versions of DDe and POP, you have to downgrade SUM to Ver. No. 2.30.5, to match. Or,
  2. Update your DDe and POP. (best solution)
1 hour ago, Inte said:

Danke für die Screenshots, aber es gibt nichts für mich zu tun, diese Nachrichten sind beabsichtigt.

Sie haben 2 Möglichkeiten.

1. Wenn Sie weiterhin die alten Versionen von DDe und POP verwenden möchten, müssen Sie SUM auf Ver. Nr. 2.30.5 herabstufen, um dies zu erreichen. Oder
  2. Aktualisieren Sie Ihre DDe und POP. (beste Lösung)

To update ? message says that I should install an older version.

1 hour ago, Inte said:

Thanks for the screenshots, but there is nothing for me to do there, those messages are by design. 

You have 2 choices. 

1. If you want to keep using the old versions of DDe and POP, you have to downgrade SUM to Ver. No. 2.30.5, to match. Or,
  2. Update your DDe and POP. (best solution)

then i misunderstood the message. thank you for your help, that helped.

3 hours ago, Inte said:

I was afraid you were going to say that. I was looking into trying SE myself, but then AE happened, so now I will wait until things settle down. 

I was hopping to see something obvious in your logs, but nope, except, 

1. Do you CTD on a new game with your current LO?
  2. You need to clean your save of the previous versions of SDc. Take a look here,  under 'How To Clean Your Save' but apply it to SDc.  
  3. It is very strange how you CTD at the same point in all of your logs. If No. 1 is a 'yes', I would suggest for you to start removing mods, one at a time, starting with SUM and see when your CTD stops. 
  4. What is your save string count? Knowing how Bethesda does things the max string count for SE is still 65K, no? 

Thanks vm

Point about SDc noted. 

Not tried a new game yet but I may at some point.  But with every plugin slot to FE filled, there's a lot could go wrong in doing that anyway  LOL

String Count?  ReSaver shows 84751 'strings'. 

Reddit comments from Sept 2020 imply string limit not so much an issue in SE.  eg 'The string limit is around 65k in Legendary Edition IIRC, and Special Edition's 64-bit engine brings it up to somewhere around 2.4 million. So no, it's not really a problem, you will probably not come anywhere close to the limit. You can check your save with something like ReSaver to see how many strings it has'

Otherwise I did some more checking yesterday evening.  Generally

- I can play the game fine once it starts.  It will run for ages, but seems to CTD any time you try to load any older save you have created, in both current or prior sessions

- the 3 current script instance errors I have first show up when I (\slaps wrist) removed 'Devious Devices for Him' from the LO - the slot for which I filled with something else to keep the rest of the order intact/same place.  Thought I had done that ages ago, but it was more recent than I thought, and I'm wondering if I still have some devices from DDfHim in the game and Zaz is having a fit on startup (there are also recurrent ZaZ entries in the log about the same time as the CTD happens)

- however, the other issue re 'SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias' may be a conflict between the updated SkyUI_SE and HSH.  That script seems to be in both mods, and there may be a small conflict as I think that the HSH one loads last.  Certainly there is mention some time back on Reddit etc of the need to remove that script from some mods as it coinflicts with the Sky_UI version.  Not sure if that was LE or SE tho, but if it was a problem in the past on LE, it might have carried through to SE.   I've still to unpack the SkyUI_SE BSA to check that really is so, but if there is a conflict, or any other mod is using Sky_UI scripts, it might explain why it CTDs at the Sky_UI check?    Whatever it is that's squiff, though, once the game starts, it doesn't seem to adversely affect the overall gameplay, so I'm not unduly bothered.  It's more an irritation than anything else

Again, thanks vm for taking the time to have a look

17 hours ago, Kage777 said:

Have SUM at basiclaly the bottom of my mod list and it's not showing in any game I use so far. Made a test for POP and not getting it at all. I don't get why?

modlist.txt 11.36 kB · 1 download loadorder.txt 8.51 kB · 1 download

I have SUM near the top of my list, mostly based on what LOOT said. When I say top, I mean roughly 50 out of 800. POP is also higher on the list, but I'm not sure that's the right place.

Out of curiosity, how are you choosing your load order? I'm fairly new to the whole modding scene, but there seems to be some lack of consistency there?

Edited by annanymus
4 hours ago, annanymus said:

I have SUM near the top of my list, mostly based on what LOOT said. When I say top, I mean roughly 50 out of 800. POP is also higher on the list, but I'm not sure that's the right place.

Out of curiosity, how are you choosing your load order? I'm fairly new to the whole modding scene, but there seems to be some lack of consistency there?

I use LOOT.

Hi, I am experiencing some crashes after loading the game. About 1-2 seconds after load. I have been trying to get the root cause of this and it points to SUM a lot.

It seems the load save crash happens after several hours of gameplay (I could play for a few days and not reproduce this). I have tried reloading from saves that do not have this problem or entirely new game, but in the end, the problem will show up. Trying to load several times, or loading while minimized will allow me to enter the game and play/save normally. However, every load comes with high risk of crashing. Since I can't figure out the moment where shit breaks it is very hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

Do you think SUM could cause this?

The logs mention it every crash so I tried removing the mod from the existing game (together with POP and DDE) the load problem seems to be fixed. I can load without any crashes.

Can I help you with other data to debug this? And I am using SE (NO AE). 

Crash_2021_12_26_13-43-30.txt Crash_2021_12_27_13-30-21.txt Crash_2021_12_26_13-35-26.txt

3 hours ago, FireSplitter said:

Hi, I am experiencing some crashes after loading the game. About 1-2 seconds after load. I have been trying to get the root cause of this and it points to SUM a lot.

It seems the load save crash happens after several hours of gameplay (I could play for a few days and not reproduce this). I have tried reloading from saves that do not have this problem or entirely new game, but in the end, the problem will show up. Trying to load several times, or loading while minimized will allow me to enter the game and play/save normally. However, every load comes with high risk of crashing. Since I can't figure out the moment where shit breaks it is very hard to pinpoint the exact cause.

Do you think SUM could cause this?

The logs mention it every crash so I tried removing the mod from the existing game (together with POP and DDE) the load problem seems to be fixed. I can load without any crashes.

Can I help you with other data to debug this? And I am using SE (NO AE). 

Crash_2021_12_26_13-43-30.txt 49.42 kB · 2 downloads Crash_2021_12_27_13-30-21.txt 48.84 kB · 1 download Crash_2021_12_26_13-35-26.txt 48.72 kB · 1 download

I had this problem recently. It's a skeleton issue. Either reinstall XP32MSE or move it so that it is not being overwritten by another mod. If you look at your crash reports, the thing that killed it was an arm. Have you run FNIS recently? Did you click the skeleton arm fix?

48 minutes ago, annanymus said:

I had this problem recently. It's a skeleton issue. Either reinstall XP32MSE or move it so that it is not being overwritten by another mod. If you look at your crash reports, the thing that killed it was an arm. Have you run FNIS recently? Did you click the skeleton arm fix?

Yes, yes and yes. It is not a skeleton issue because I can load the game just fine if I remove SUM, no crashes. Even if I don't remove it I can still play once I manage to bypass the crash. Crash seem to be synchronized with the SUM update message after load. It is like a 2 out of 3 situation of crashing, almost never crash if the game is minimized while loading for the first time (sadly quick-load will crash the game 99% of the time). If this were a skeleton problem you could not play the game at all, whereas the current mod setup has been used for 20+ hours until the load game problem showed up.

I don't have much knowledge about the game engine, but if that is a stack (similar to RTOS stack) the arm that killed it came from SUM context. Now if SUM is the actual root cause or not I don't know. This is what I am trying to figure out. 

Also, have been playing for a few hours without SUM using quick save and loading and had experience 0 crashes. Either the bug is in SUM, or the actual problem is still there, but no mod is triggering it. 

LE: Seems pretty similar to this. Wondering if the .net crash report is similar.

Edited by FireSplitter

Problem:

I just tried to use SUM to transfer my Characters inventory between Profiles. 
took me 30 mins to even find out how this works again (sorry, but the MCM is just so unintuitive, unecessarily complex and the descriptions on the bottom do not help at all :(

Also took me some time to find out the only way to get SUM to equip all the items from the List was to put "Force" in the little window.

Buuuut, now my PC drank all potions at once... ate all meals and drank all wine and used all poison... and tried to equip everything at the same time.

Would it be possible to just have an option "Load" that simply LOADS the damned json lists content into the inventory without any further problems?

I also wanted to explore the possibility to use SUM to strip NPC (empty their inventory and then reequip it via SUM), but that is another story for later...

EDIT:
I also noticed that it just did not work.

The items on the list were not all equiped. Almost 90% of the stuff is missing :(

Dunno if that is because the mod will just not equip more armors if there is already one equiped or what?! 

Weapons are also missing. its a mess... :(

20220101012743_1.jpg

Edited by Nymra
On 12/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, FireSplitter said:

Yes, yes and yes. It is not a skeleton issue because I can load the game just fine if I remove SUM, no crashes. Even if I don't remove it I can still play once I manage to bypass the crash. Crash seem to be synchronized with the SUM update message after load. It is like a 2 out of 3 situation of crashing, almost never crash if the game is minimized while loading for the first time (sadly quick-load will crash the game 99% of the time). If this were a skeleton problem you could not play the game at all, whereas the current mod setup has been used for 20+ hours until the load game problem showed up.

I don't have much knowledge about the game engine, but if that is a stack (similar to RTOS stack) the arm that killed it came from SUM context. Now if SUM is the actual root cause or not I don't know. This is what I am trying to figure out. 

Also, have been playing for a few hours without SUM using quick save and loading and had experience 0 crashes. Either the bug is in SUM, or the actual problem is still there, but no mod is triggering it. 

LE: Seems pretty similar to this. Wondering if the .net crash report is similar.

i have similar issue, everytime i start a new game it always crashes after i finished with making my character. i uninstall both SUM and DDE and the crashes stop

similar issue here :

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Thornagar said:

I have the problem that The SE version of this mod wants me too use an old version of sexlab. Is that normal? Instead of being able too use 1.64 it wants 1.62

@Inte did add Sexlab 1.64 to the list of compatible Sexlab versions.

Here is the relevant line from the file SKSE\Plugins\Skyrim - Utility Mod\System\SUM\System.json

"sslcompatiblesemver" : [ "1.62.0", "1.62.7", "1.62.8", "1.62.9", "1.63.0", "1.64.1" ],
1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

@Inte did add Sexlab 1.64 to the list of compatible Sexlab versions.

Here is the relevant line from the file SKSE\Plugins\Skyrim - Utility Mod\System\SUM\System.json

"sslcompatiblesemver" : [ "1.62.0", "1.62.7", "1.62.8", "1.62.9", "1.63.0", "1.64.1" ],

ill try to fix it but currently the problem is persistent.

14 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Which version of SUM are you using?

What does your SKSE\Plugins\Skyrim - Utility Mod\System\SUM\System.json file contain for the "sslcompatiblesemver" line?

The lastest version. I have checked the file now and it is written how its suppose to be "sslcompatiblesemver" : [ "1.62.0", "1.62.7", "1.62.8", "1.62.9", "1.63.0", "1.64.1" ],

3 hours ago, Thornagar said:

Is there a higher version of DD?

awd.PNG

What program is that message from?

That message is problematic, because it seems to be confusing Devious Devices 5.1 by Kimy with Devious Devices Equip 5.34.1 by Inte.

Devious Devices is a completely separate mod from Devious Devices Equip.

It makes no sense for that message to suggest that you could upgrade from one to the other.