On 1/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, SkyrimRider said:

Through my 6 attampts to create a new save, this problem only happened 4 times. Maybe you can go back to the last save before update, then continuously try to load that save until night vision is no longer triggered

No need to go through all that, just turn it off in the MCM. 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:50 AM, Lupine00 said:

SDP 347 fails with SUM 160, saying it needs SUM 150.

I edited the system JSON file to include version 160 for SUM but not sure if that's the best solution.

It did stop the warnings though.

Crap, so it wasn't an uncompiled script. ?

Edit: Duh, it seems that I forgot to include the updated .json with SDP. :classic_blush:

On 1/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, Aensland_src said:

I can confirm there is a BUG on this version that causes Auto Night vision to activate automatically even from a fresh game and the setting set to manual (by default), I changed it to disable or something like that if I remember correctly, and it stopped.

Yup, bug is confirmed, it will be squashed for the next SUM. :classic_blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.60.0 for Skyrim SE

Release notes for Skyrim SE conversion

The Skyrim SE download file is available from the main mod page's Download button.

The Skyrim SE download file is based on this download file for Skyrim LE: Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.60.0 LE.7z

I left the ESM as Form 43. I typically leave things as Form 43 unless there is a reason to resave in 64-bit Creation Kit.

@Inte changed the LE version to avoid the CTD when using a controller on SE, so changes are no longer needed to iSUmMain.psc.

I made the following changes:

• Changed the ESM to add missing weapon critical data, so that SSEEdit now shows zero errors.

Compatibility

Older release notes:

Spoiler

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.50.0 for Skyrim SE

The Skyrim SE download file is available from the main mod page's Download button.

The Skyrim SE download file is based on this download file for Skyrim LE: Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.50.0 LE.7z

I left the ESM as Form 43. I typically leave things as Form 43 unless there is a reason to resave in 64-bit Creation Kit.

• Edited iSUmMain.psc to avoid CTD when using a controller by commenting the 2 lines of code consisting of:  Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Forward"))
  • Recompiled iSUmMain.psc to iSUmMain.pex
  • Changed the ESM to add missing weapon critical data, so that SSEEdit now shows zero errors.

Compatibility

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.42.5 for Skyrim SE

The Skyrim SE download file is based on this download file for Skyrim LE: Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.42.5 LE.7z

• Edited iSUmMain.psc to avoid CTD when using a controller by commenting the 2 lines of code consisting of:  Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Forward"))

Compatibility

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.33.1 for Skyrim SE

The Skyrim SE download file is based on this download file for Skyrim LE: Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.33.1 LE.7z

Compatibility

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.30.5 for Skyrim SE

The Skyrim SE download file is a combination of these download files for Skyrim LE:

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.30.5 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.30.5 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Compatibility

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.30.1 for Skyrim SE

The Skyrim SE download file is a combination of these download files for Skyrim LE:

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.30.1 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 2.30.1 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.02 for Skyrim SE

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 202 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 202 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.01 for Skyrim SE

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 201 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 201 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 2.00 for Skyrim SE

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 200 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 200 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 1.61 for Skyrim SE

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE - Default MCM.7z
  • Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE - UIE Patch.7z

Edited by Herowynne
5 hours ago, deznuts2000 said:

I would please like to know, if you have to install: Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE.7z  and  Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE  Default MCM.7z ?

Not for Skyrim SE.

As I said in my post, the contents of those files are included in the SE download file.

4 hours ago, deznuts2000 said:

Sorry, I mean the LE version?

@Inte is the mod author for the Skyrim LE version. I only converted Inte's mod to Skyrim SE.

I strongly recommend that you read the mod description and the installation instructions that Inte has provided on the main mod page.

Please keep in mind that I only play on Skyrim SE and I do not play on Skyrim LE, so I am not the best person to ask about this topic.

However, I think it is probably a good idea to install all 3 of these files for Skyrim LE:

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE - Default MCM.7z
On 2/3/2021 at 3:49 PM, Herowynne said:

Skyrim Utility Mod - SUM 1.61 for Skyrim SE

• Skyrim - Utility Mod 161 LE - Default MCM.7z

Thank you for converting this! I was stuck on version 153 for a long time. Much appreciated.

And as always, thank you @Inte for updating it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:25 PM, MayDayCray said:

I really like this mod.. but I can't use it anymore because of Zaz animation pack (It adds too many animations, none of which I use) 

Is there a way to move the Zaz requirement? I checked TesEdit.. but it doesn't allow me to load Skyrim Utility Mod for some reason.

Have you tried ZAP 6.11? That one has very few animations. 

Inte,

First thanks for sharing this fantastic mod with the community.  I find it essential in every play through to add teeth to the crime system.  I moved to SkyrimVR and absolutely love it.  I have an issue, but I am not asking you to fix it.  I just want some guidance.  The issue is whenever POP puts the player in a ZAP pose.  Upon arrest, when put in a ZAZ device, told to get down by the jailer, etc the VR camera spins thousands of rotations a minute.  I found that releasing the ZAP pose works to fix this problem for POP.  I also noticed it happens in Horrible Harassment Expanded and Naked Dungeons when in bandit captivity.  The SUM ZAZ pose MCM does not work for them.  However, the SUM release all AI UI option fixes it every time for all three mods.  So for trouble shooting I am wondering a few things.  First, what is the AI package added to the player in these POP scenes? Second, what is happening (script wise) when the SUM MCM release all AI option is pressed? Can a similar result be reached through console commands? (I have tried taci, tai, enableplayercontrols)

For clarification: I can enter Zap furniture by voluntarily interacting with it and I get no camera spin. It is specifically when a mod (I only found it in POP, Harassment Expanded, and Naked Dungeons) puts the VR camera in some AI package. Harassment Expanded, and Naked Dungeons don't use furniture but there must be a similar AI call that SUM release all AI MCM option fixes.

Thanks for any help/info!

On 3/21/2021 at 11:24 AM, JayDrizzle said:

However, the SUM release all AI UI option fixes it every time for all three mods. 

Doesn't that break the pose as well? 

'Release all AI' usually resets the PC/NPC's current animation to the default. 

First, what is the AI package added to the player in these POP scenes?

There is no AI package running when the PC is set into a pose. 

Second, what is happening (script wise) when the SUM MCM release all AI option is pressed?

There are a bunch of functions attached to that option that run when selected.  

First, I assume that you've tried 'TFC' in console and it did not work?

Next, one of the functions used in 'Release all AI' is the 'Release' and 'Restore' from ZAP. Here ⤵️

20210327021116_1.jpg

See if either one of those will stop your camera spin.

Here is that SUM function.

BOOL Function ReleaseAllAI(Actor akActor)
	DelayDisControls(akActor, 0, False)
	akActor.SetVehicle(None)
	akActor.StopTranslation()
	akActor.SetDontMove(False)
	akActor.SetUnconscious(False)
	akActor.SetRestrained(False)
	PoseActor(akActor, "", 0, 2) 
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "IdleForceDefaultState")
	;akActor.ForceRemoveRagdollFromWorld()
	StorageUtil.SetIntValue(akActor, "iSUmSlideshowOn", 0)
	akActor.SetActorValue("Paralysis", 0)
	ActorUtil.ClearPackageOverride(akActor)
		If (akActor == PlayerRef)
			FadeOutGame(False, True, 0.0, 0.01)
			zbfBondS.ReleaseAllAiRefs()
			EnablePlayerControls()
			EnableFastTravel(True)
			SetPlayerAiDriven(False)
			SetInCharGen(False, False, False)
			ImageSpaceModifier.RemoveCrossFade(0.1)
			ShakeCamera(PlayerRef, afStrength = 0.01, afDuration = 0.1)
		EndIf
	RETURN True
EndFunction 

On 3/22/2021 at 3:46 PM, Futarrari said:

I will look stupid, but what's the difference between default mcm version and a version without that "tag"

The SUM MCM options are highly customizable (perhaps too much so). :classic_happy:

It can go from having no animations, factions names, skills, stats, etc., to having it all or only what the player wants.

The regular MCM will basically have no customization included. Useful for when the players already have a customized SUM and are just updating.  

The default MCM will have a balance of what I think is useful for players (eg. the faction names the player is most likely to be part of, useful stats, etc.), most of which is what I'm using in my game. It will also disable intrusive options (like the night eye). Useful for when players do not want to customize the MCM to their exact specifications or want a starting point for a new SUM install.   

On 3/27/2021 at 12:48 AM, Inte said:

Doesn't that break the pose as well? 

'Release all AI' usually resets the PC/NPC's current animation to the default. 

There is no AI package running when the PC is set into a pose. 

There are a bunch of functions attached to that option that run when selected.  

First, I assume that you've tried 'TFC' in console and it did not work?

Next, one of the functions used in 'Release all AI' is the 'Release' and 'Restore' from ZAP. Here ⤵️

20210327021116_1.jpg

See if either one of those will stop your camera spin.

Here is that SUM function.

BOOL Function ReleaseAllAI(Actor akActor)
	DelayDisControls(akActor, 0, False)
	akActor.SetVehicle(None)
	akActor.StopTranslation()
	akActor.SetDontMove(False)
	akActor.SetUnconscious(False)
	akActor.SetRestrained(False)
	PoseActor(akActor, "", 0, 2) 
	Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "IdleForceDefaultState")
	;akActor.ForceRemoveRagdollFromWorld()
	StorageUtil.SetIntValue(akActor, "iSUmSlideshowOn", 0)
	akActor.SetActorValue("Paralysis", 0)
	ActorUtil.ClearPackageOverride(akActor)
		If (akActor == PlayerRef)
			FadeOutGame(False, True, 0.0, 0.01)
			zbfBondS.ReleaseAllAiRefs()
			EnablePlayerControls()
			EnableFastTravel(True)
			SetPlayerAiDriven(False)
			SetInCharGen(False, False, False)
			ImageSpaceModifier.RemoveCrossFade(0.1)
			ShakeCamera(PlayerRef, afStrength = 0.01, afDuration = 0.1)
		EndIf
	RETURN True
EndFunction 

Okay, I spent a time with my troubleshooting hat on.  I am now 95% confident the the insane camera spin in VR comes from the Papyrus command to SetVehicle. 

To answer your initial question: TFC will cause a CTD in skyrimVR.

Now to clarify what works to release the camera spin: (I won't bother you by posting my fancy table where all methods were tested against each mod)

The ZAZ animation Pack -> Player Control Center -> player AI -> release/restore    Does not work for any of the mods.

(Note that only POP has an ai reference in ZAZ but the others do control some differing aspects of player control)

~ enableplayercontrols    Does not work for any of the mods.

~ tai toggle     Does not work for any of the mods.

~ tcai toggle     Does not work for any of the mods.

The SUM -> ZAP Posing -> posing -> stop    Works only for POP spinning (not the Horrible Harassment or the Naked Dungeon captivity event)

The SUM -> System -> Player AI Hotkey -> Release All AI   Works for all mods that activate the spinning camera in VR.

I believe that SetVehicle in SkyrimVR causes the camera spin.  The traditional use of SetVehicle to lock the player in a position will not allow the VR HMD to update the camera with it's position and begins the spin.  If I could wager, I bet that when arrested in POP there is a SetVehicle command.  The SetVehicle command is then lifted before moving to the jail cell.  The SetVehicle also occurs when in the jail cell and told to "Get Down!"  Another call to release the SetVehicle... etc etc..  This is also probably a similar method used by some other mods in order to prevent the player from moving and breaking a two part animation.  I believe this would also explain why the spin can happen at the start of the game in the cart.  (For other's reference I believe the SexLab Drunk Redux would also do a camera spin)

I am detective? or I am bewildered?

11 hours ago, Inte said:

To be sure, you'll have to confirm success by using just SetVehicle alone.

So how would I do this?  Is SetVehicle available through a console command?

If not, are you saying to remove or comment out the SetVehicle(none) line from SUM and test if it still spins? or removing the SetVehicle from POP?  Would that be just line 904 from xpoMainScr or/also 2536 from xpoPatchesMain?

Spoiler

image.png.a7a206c84146210995a58c943e464299.png

I don't have CK right now and don't remember my beth.net username/pass... so the console command would be the easiest to implement for myself and other VR players.  This would help by not having patches for each mod and it would also be easily accessible through popular mods like Dragonborne Speaks Naturally console command feature. (VR specific VRIK also has console commands)   However I can't find a potential console command solution to SetVehicle(none)

Edit:  Through more diving, I found it is the SetVehicle command.  There is a patch for LoveSlaves that fixed the SetVehicle spin.  I guess I could create a series of patches for SetVehile references like Min started... or a more comprehensive approach would be a console command.

12 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

However I can't find a potential console command solution to SetVehicle(none)

Does UIE work in SkyrimVR? 

I could add SetVehicle as a UIE wheel/debug option to SUM. 

13 hours ago, Inte said:

Does UIE work in SkyrimVR? 

I could add SetVehicle as a UIE wheel/debug option to SUM. 

Yeah UIE works in VR except for the keyboard input.  However, I think that a shout or better yet a spell would be a more immersive way to cancel the SetVehicle. Spells are easily bound to VIRK gestures or Dragonborne Speaks Naturally and don't take up any hotkeys/keyboard space.  It would probably be best for the spell to be only activated by an mcm menu to allow players to avoid another debug spell.

I think the workaround being contained in SUM would be the best.  I have heard from multiple users about the SetVehicle spin preventing them from using POP.  Since SUM is a requirement, and POP being the most popular of the spin inducing mods; it seems like the best fit for a unified solution. 

Maybe instead of stopping the spin after it starts, the SetVehicle can be avoided completely. Is it possible to disable all mods from changing the SetVehicle or have a permanent SetVehicle(none) status for the PC?  This would be the ideal case.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, JayDrizzle said:

However, I think that a shout or better yet a spell would be a more immersive way to cancel the SetVehicle.

There is a 'catch-22' with using a spell or a shout, tho.

Once locked in the furniture/pose the PC cannot use spells or shouts, at least not in the regular Skyrim. 

Maybe instead of stopping the spin after it starts, the SetVehicle can be avoided completely.

Now, I understand that for SkyrimVR you are trying to choose the 'lesser of two evils', but SetVehicle does serve a purpose. It stops the PC from being pushed around, either by the whip strikes or other NPC's walking into her. So for Skyrim, SetVehicle is definitely necessary and I would not remove it.  

Is it possible to disable all mods from changing the SetVehicle or have a permanent SetVehicle(none) status for the PC?  This would be the ideal case.

Hmm, that's a tall order. Not only because I do not have/use SkyrimVR (therefore I cannot experiment) but also because SetVehicle is not an event that can be detected globally, nor does it have an API function to check if it was set. The only way to detect it, (that I can see) is to check for another function/event that would usually get set at the same time with SetVehicle (like DisablePlayerControls) that can be detected. Even then, I would have to check for said function every second or so, which is very expensive (consumes CPU time).  

So unless SetVehicle gets fixed in SkyrimVR itself, there can be no easy global fix for it. Each mod will have to have its own patch for it (as in removing the call to it). Or, like I suggested, trigger it manually.  

Okay.  Thanks for taking so much time to work with me troubleshooting this even though you don't use VR.  Like I said before, I would never think of running skyrim without POP.  I think I will go about working to make patches that remove SetVehicle from the offending mods.  This would assume that the source is available for them.  Naked dungeons does have source but HH/drunk redux do not.  Would you want me to try my hand at the POP patch or would you be willing to put in a VR MCM toggle attached to an if/then condition check for removing the setVehicle?  I could talk to Baka about a similar solution to his mods since he doesn't include the source.