Min's Patches for Skyrim VR (Updated 9/6/2018)

Min

Hey Everyone. I've been playing with my new Headset, and have been playing with some of the great mods available. However, it hasn't been  smooth sailing. I've hit quite a few VR specific issues, which I'm fixing as I go. This thread will contain all of the patches that I create for various mods to be compatible with Skyrim VR.

SkyUI / MCM:

Spoiler

Unfortunately, the mod author of SkyUI does not allow people to post patches. Here are the steps to get MCM working in your game, though:

1. Download BAE from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/
  2. Using BAE, Extract the SkyUI bsa file.
  3. Under Interface, delete all of the .swf's except quest_journal.swf

You can now load your game with what remains of SkyUI, and access MCM as usual. HOWEVER: The quest journal is fairly buggy with SkyrimVR. Quests will not update status properly, and you'll be unable to consistently access the 'load' menu. Furthermore, the VR options will be missing from the menu. How I work around this, is:

1. I load the game with quest_journal.swf in the interface directory.
  2. Configure all of your MCM settings.
  3. Quit SkyrimVR.
  4. Rename quest_journal.swf (to say, quest_journal.swf.bak)
  5. Launch SkyrimVR again. Your MCM settings will still be applied, but you will no longer be able to access the MCM menu. Repeat these instructions if you need to adjust MCM settings.

FlowerGirls 2.0.1:

Spoiler

No longer required. Patch incorporated in to FlowerGirls. Download the latest version.

Love Slaves for Flower Girls v68:

Spoiler

Requires: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99289-love-slaves/

This version (the latest at the time of writing) makes use of Game.ForceThirdPerson(), and akActor.SetVehicle. The former causes an out of body experience, the latter causes uncontrollable spinning. This patch fixes both:

Love Slaves Patch.7z

NOTE: I haven't finished playing through this mod yet (Certainly not comprehensively). With a bit of sed/awk, I've fixed the issues that I've encountered in one place across all files. Let me know if you hit any rough spots, and I'll take a look.

Future Plans:

I plan on patching Devious Devices to work with Skyrim VR at some point. Unfortunately, the source for PapyrusUtil and SexlabUtil is not available, so I am unable to port Sexlab to Skyrim VR. I'm considering modifying DDi to remove the dependency on PapyrusUtil, and recommending the use of Sexlab Light as a workaround.

dxscenethread.pex

That's part of the original mod. I think there's an MCM option to disable that. Do you have MCM working for your game? I'd post my own (half-working) copy, but the author of SkyUI doesn't allow third party patches.

26 minutes ago, Toffeyman said:

I haven't tried getting MCM menus working as I thought SkyUI wasn't working with VR, the singing is driving me nuts though so I might have to try !

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

One other question, where do I need to use the dxscenethread.pex script file - do i need to unpack the Flowergirls bsa ?

I've updated the opening post with instructions for getting MCM working in SkyrimVR.

hello ^^ thx for ur works, i would like to know if u are able to fix the hands/feet missing from flowergirl from the clone's player when we launch a animation? I saw that the problem dont affect only me but all vr user. ur clone just dont have any hands / feet during scene. All npc's scene works fine.

enb2018_9_11_03_23_19.bmp

From infos i found, we all use CBBE body (edited with BB, but this is not a issue i suppose)

im using XP32, body VR (with xp32 patch).

1 hour ago, Shirya said:

hello ^^ thx for ur works, i would like to know if u are able to fix the hands/feet missing from flowergirl from the clone's player when we launch a animation? I saw that the problem dont affect only me but all vr user. ur clone just dont have any hands / feet during scene. All npc's scene works fine.

enb2018_9_11_03_23_19.bmp

From infos i found, we all use CBBE body (edited with BB, but this is not a issue i suppose)

im using XP32, body VR (with xp32 patch).

I use CBEE with XP32, and I don't have that issue. The hands/feet are not missing from the clone, for me. I am not, however, using VR body. Maybe that's the issue?

2 hours ago, Min said:

I use CBEE with XP32, and I don't have that issue. The hands/feet are not missing from the clone, for me. I am not, however, using VR body. Maybe that's the issue?

ooooowww right... that is the problem, unstalled vr body and all works fine again. Too bad, i like vr body ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey guys, AerowynX updated his guide on getting SKSE and SkyUI (including MCM) to work in SkyrimVR. Someone in his thread named SuperOdie modified SkyUI's publicly available source code and fixed the save/load crashing, so all the downsides of SKSE in VR are pretty much gone now! 

Just throwing it out there since some people in this thread had issues with it like I did lol 

7 hours ago, Toffeyman said:

Thanks takahata this guide helped me massively, the DynDOLOD part was my issue and now I can use the MCM perfectly

Wonderful! Aerowynx is a really great guy, his guides got me up and running, and he was helped me out when I was confused. Man, this is an exciting time for SkyrimVR. Got some decent adult mods, got SKSE support, etc... 

One thing I'm kind of excited about is seeing how people handle the VR aspect of Skyrim sex mods. I foresee voyeurism mods being a lot more popular, or things like whoring your follower out, etc. Sex mods that don't directly involve the player character having sex. 

• 2 weeks later...

HI there, just as an update: I have now in-corporated the fix into FlowerGirls SE version 2.1.0. Many thanks Min for finding and reporting this. Those updating to 2.1.0 need to ensure that the loose script (this patch) is removed from the installation directory, otherwise some other fixes and changes would be lost.

• 2 months later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:33 AM, t3h0th3r said:

welcome back @Min! 

pleased to hear about your plans to bring DD to VR!

for SkyUI/MCM there's https://github.com/Odie/skyui-vr/releases no idea how well/stable that works as i just stumbled across it. will update later today.

edit: apparently there's a VR version of PapyrusUtils in the works.

Hey @t3h0th3r - Figured I'd check back in again, and see if PapyrusUtil / SexlabUtil had updated to work for VR yet. This was blocking my attempt to port DD last time around.

Archived