Quick oddity I saw after updating SUM to the latest version (4.46) - probably just a skyrim quirk but posting in case anyone else comes across it.

All of a sudden, from time to time the whole screen would get incredibly bright, along with a gong noise, and then return to normal levels a while later, along with the same noise. Couldn't find any thing on the web.

After checking the recently updated mods (SUM and DDE), I looked through the settings in both, and saw that the 'Auto Night Eye' in (SUM) Skyrim misc was now set to 'Enable All'. Changed it to 'Disable All' and waited a bit - no more oversaturated brightness episodes. Not having played Khajits or vampires I didn't know what it was as night eye, but pretty relieved to have got it working again.

Not a gripe, just an FYI :)

This is one of the really useful mods, thanks!

4 hours ago, Parsten83 said:

After checking the recently updated mods (SUM and DDE), I looked through the settings in both, and saw that the 'Auto Night Eye' in (SUM) Skyrim misc was now set to 'Enable All'. Changed it to 'Disable All' and waited a bit - no more oversaturated brightness episodes. Not having played Khajits or vampires I didn't know what it was as night eye, but pretty relieved to have got it working again.

Yes, that is indeed a feature of this mod.

The way it works,

You can adjust the minimum light level, so if the light falls bellow this level, the night eye turns on. So, it should automatically turn off during the day.  

You can also set the delay on/off. Useful in case you run through shadows, so the night eye will not cycle on/off as you pass through the shadows. 

I have found incompatibility in the new update of SUM. I am using Sexlab Light me up, and it was fine with SUM 1.44, but when I have updated to 4.46  Sexlab Light me up stopped lighting up Sexlab scenes. I guess it is related to SUM's night eye feature, but even when I turn it off, it doesn't help to Sexlab Light me up lighting.

On 4/29/2020 at 3:34 AM, Parsten83 said:

Quick oddity I saw after updating SUM to the latest version (4.46) - probably just a skyrim quirk but posting in case anyone else comes across it.

All of a sudden, from time to time the whole screen would get incredibly bright, along with a gong noise, and then return to normal levels a while later, along with the same noise.

I noticed the same, decided that it was some bug introduced by the most recent mods I updated, so reverted to older versions of PoP/SUM and some other mods, and back to an older save.

Now I read it is a feature of this mod, a mod I only include because PoP etc. needs them.

You can imagine that I prefer that these very deep hidden features to be disabled by default, and if enabled, at least wel mentioned in the mod description/changelog.

Sidenote : the version number made a very big jump, was this intentional ?

On 4/29/2020 at 3:34 AM, Parsten83 said:

All of a sudden, from time to time the whole screen would get incredibly bright, along with a gong noise, and then return to normal levels a while later, along with the same noise. Couldn't find any thing on the web.

Not a gripe, just an FYI :)

This is one of the really useful mods, thanks!

Yeah this one gave me quite a headache, but thanks to your post I got rid of it.

However this behavior is strange, because this feature is present since version 1.3 and up until now wasn't a problem for me, only after updating SUM, DDe and POP it came to light.

Version 1.30 - Added .::. Auto night eye for the PC, vampire lord and the werewolf. All configurable in the MCM.

For the Bug report: It did not matter if I start a new game or load an old one, after some time the Night-eye would be activated even at Lvl 1 and I never touched the settings in SUM before, it was install and forget for me and the Load-order did not change while installing the new Versions.

@gdfll: the SUM version just caught up to the version numbers DD Equip and POP have, they have been at 4.44 while SUM was at 1.44, now they're equal :)

On 5/1/2020 at 8:59 AM, glebbus13 said:

I have found incompatibility in the new update of SUM. I am using Sexlab Light me up, and it was fine with SUM 1.44, but when I have updated to 4.46  Sexlab Light me up stopped lighting up Sexlab scenes. I guess it is related to SUM's night eye feature, but even when I turn it off, it doesn't help to Sexlab Light me up lighting.

I am not sure why this would be. I have not changed that feature since SUM 1.20, 1.30. 

8 hours ago, gdfll said:

I noticed the same, decided that it was some bug introduced by the most recent mods I updated, so reverted to older versions of PoP/SUM and some other mods, and back to an older save.

Now I read it is a feature of this mod, a mod I only include because PoP etc. needs them.

You can imagine that I prefer that these very deep hidden features to be disabled by default, and if enabled, at least wel mentioned in the mod description/changelog.

You are half right about it being a bug.

What is happening; with the existing .json folder structure, new updates are overriding player's own settings with mine. It will be changed for the next update.

8 hours ago, gdfll said:

Sidenote : the version number made a very big jump, was this intentional ?

It was a failed attempt to show the players that all versions need to match. For the next release I will implement an internal version database that will automatically let the players know when they have incompatible versions (POP, SUM etc) installed, and it will recommend the correct version.  

6 hours ago, f0rs4keng0d said:

For the Bug report: It did not matter if I start a new game or load an old one, after some time the Night-eye would be activated even at Lvl 1 and I never touched the settings in SUM before, it was install and forget for me and the Load-order did not change while installing the new Versions.

See post above.

You can always just turn that feature off in the MCM. 

15 hours ago, f0rs4keng0d said:

Yeah this one gave me quite a headache, but thanks to your post I got rid of it.

However this behavior is strange, because this feature is present since version 1.3 and up until now wasn't a problem for me, only after updating SUM, DDe and POP it came to light.

@gdfll: the SUM version just caught up to the version numbers DD Equip and POP have, they have been at 4.44 while SUM was at 1.44, now they're equal :)

Hello. Now i see. O my god i reinstalled all Skyrim new.  Today i foud out after i deinstalled Sum the "problem" is off. Thank you :)

15 hours ago, Inte said:

Hey, look who's back. :classic_happy:

??

I was only 20 days away ?

From what I read here ppl don't check the mod MCM a lot (or any MCM) ☹️

That's the first thing I check as soon as a new version is out, because there might be shiny new things!

Or maybe I'm just a MCM fetishist ?

Lucky me the saved jason where still compatible.

Also funny to read that ppl rather deinstall a mod to fix MCM settings than just to change them ?‍♂️

On 5/2/2020 at 7:45 PM, Shep67 said:

Hello. Now i see. O my god i reinstalled all Skyrim new.  Today i foud out after i deinstalled Sum the "problem" is off. Thank you :)

Oh wow, that's like selling your car because you don't know how to change your radio station. :classic_huh:

2 hours ago, Inte said:

Oh wow, that's like selling your car because you don't know how to change your radio station. :classic_huh:

Lol . No. If i do not find a radio station i take off the radio :D

Sorry for OT. :)

Better read your text :)

I recommend turning night eye off by default. When I updated at first I was perplexed at what was causing it, and it can distort colors and lighting when it just automatically triggers for example in Inns.

On 5/4/2020 at 8:37 AM, Durante said:

I recommend turning night eye off by default. When I updated at first I was perplexed at what was causing it, and it can distort colors and lighting when it just automatically triggers for example in Inns.

I agree and it should be, is it not? 

12 hours ago, Inte said:

Does it still, with SUM 1.50?

Hi Inte,

Not for me - Night eye is remaining off when I update SUM. ?

The 1.50 update did change a number of other settings in my loadout though - I needed to learn about the select actor interface since SUM seemed to work fine but DDe wasn't picking up anything at all for NPC actor selection as of that update (only recognized the PC). I hadn't had to learn about it before since both had worked together out of the box on previous loads and updates.

After a lot of troubleshooting (good learning opportunity!) I realized that my issues were a combination of:

1. in SUM, 'Set added actor to slot' had reset to [ ] (blank) instead of [-1] (SUM notification onscreen confirmed actor selection but it wasn't registering on the SUM Actor selection MCM page until i changed it),

and

2. in the DDe MCM, the setting for 'SUM actor list' was reset from 'default' to '  ' (blank)

Once I worked through both of those and set the actor list to 'default' to align with the SUM setting, everything worked fine again. This was a huge relief, especially since when I tried to revert to the older versions of the mods (@ donttouchmethere - not using a sledgehammer, honest !! - mod load/reload was part of the troubleshooting & differential analysis to help me to work out what was happening ?), SUM and DDe would not allow the older version(s) to function, even after uninstalling both mods, then reloading after making a clean save (still showed an MCM pop-up with 'version not recognized - expected 1.50').

The bonus was that I now have a (slightly) better working knowledge of the functions & relationship between the mods ?

Thanks for your hints/prompts on mouse hover (phew!).

On 5/13/2020 at 11:28 PM, Parsten83 said:

@ donttouchmethere - not using a sledgehammer, honest !! - mod load/reload was part of the troubleshooting & differential analysis to help me to work out what was happening ?

? sounds still like a MCM settings not checked issue.

Glad you figured it out! ?

• 2 weeks later...

Im a bit lost with all that, POP and SUM are not avalaible for SSE right? Will it be ported sometime? Because i dont find it anywhere but at the same time anyone asking about it, sorry if that bothers someone, but i dont really know how to convert it into SSE version... and both mods looks complex to convert

On 5/15/2020 at 3:43 AM, donttouchmethere said:

? sounds still like a MCM settings not checked issue.

Glad you figured it out! ?

I'm playing around with a version of SUM that  I've just converted to SSE. I've been trying to figure out why UIE wasn't showing up in the SUM system page. Surely it must be something complex. I tried assigning the wheel a hot key. Problem solved.

While trying to solve this issue I'd seen your repeated posts about checking the MCM. Gave it a try.  And boom- it just works.

So thanks! 

On 5/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, NormanMailer said:

I'm playing around with a version of SUM that  I've just converted to SSE. I've been trying to figure out why UIE wasn't showing up in the SUM system page. Surely it must be something complex. I tried assigning the wheel a hot key. Problem solved.

While trying to solve this issue I'd seen your repeated posts about checking the MCM. Gave it a try.  And boom- it just works.

So thanks! 

cool!

I only know my way around in LE.

If that even helps with SE all the better ?

Wait... you only checked MCMs AFTER I mentioned them? o.o