Slavery No DD

I would just like to rant for a minute about all the slavery mods out there on this site. Using CCAS provides so many options for starting out as a slave, and every single one of them require the DD framework. It is really depressing. I wish I was a better modder to create something fun for my non-DD platform. I would like to go through SS and I can. There is no DD requirements for it. I am auctioned off as a slave. But all of the optional buyers require the DD framework. Prison Overhaul does some cool unique things without DD by just using ZAZ. Things in the Dark is an awesome mod that doesn't require the DD framework but it is under construction and cannot be finished without console commands every 5 minutes. And I am not even sure if you can get bought by the falmers, I think that is still only a way to enter the SS system. I created a quest for a personal spouse follower. A succubus in distress. And it works on my local system but as soon as I share it with my fiancé for testing before uploading anywhere, the quest won't start. I could possibly learn more about scripting but my memory issues would require me to reference each code for everything I do every single time I do it. It would take me 10 times longer than the average Joe or Jane.

So what am I proposing? I would love to see more mods for player slavery with questlines that DO NOT REQUIRE the DD framework.

I have to say that I think DD is an awesome system to play with, but it is so heavy that I never have been able to use it with my preferred heavily modded Skyrim without having major issues. There isn't a INI setting in this world to accommodate for such heavy overloads. Too many scripts running. By the time you have the framework, there is no memory left to add content for using it. So I do without the DD framework. My system runs so smooth without it. Defeat has always been the same way. I have tried multiple rape, sex activating mods, quest mods, new worlds, and all kinds of things that work just wonderful. Not DD nor Defeat. I mean, they work. And sometimes would work very well for the first 10 levels of a playthrough before it gets sluggish as can be. I don't need to explain myself and yet I know explanations are always demanded regardless. I cannot use these things and I don't understand why I should have to. Why is it necessary for all of these mods to be so overly huge? Requiring 20 different mods for a single mod to work. By the time you get all of that requirements, you have installed 100 mods just so you can add the content from one single mod that interests you.

So modders, if there is anyone out there up to the challenge, I would love to see some player slavery mods that do not require the DD framework. All that is needed is within ZAZ.

One more request if it sparks some interest. I would love to see a big questline mod similar to mods like Things in the Dark that focused on rieklings. Become a riekling if so choose, etc... etc...

19 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

I would just like to rant for a minute about all the slavery mods out there on this site. Using CCAS provides so many options for starting out as a slave, and every single one of them require the DD framework. It is really depressing. I wish I was a better modder to create something fun for my non-DD platform. I would like to go through SS and I can. There is no DD requirements for it. I am auctioned off as a slave. But all of the optional buyers require the DD framework. Prison Overhaul does some cool unique things without DD by just using ZAZ. Things in the Dark is an awesome mod that doesn't require the DD framework but it is under construction and cannot be finished without console commands every 5 minutes. And I am not even sure if you can get bought by the falmers, I think that is still only a way to enter the SS system. I created a quest for a personal spouse follower. A succubus in distress. And it works on my local system but as soon as I share it with my fiancé for testing before uploading anywhere, the quest won't start. I could possibly learn more about scripting but my memory issues would require me to reference each code for everything I do every single time I do it. It would take me 10 times longer than the average Joe or Jane.

So what am I proposing? I would love to see more mods for player slavery with questlines that DO NOT REQUIRE the DD framework.

I have to say that I think DD is an awesome system to play with, but it is so heavy that I never have been able to use it with my preferred heavily modded Skyrim without having major issues. There isn't a INI setting in this world to accommodate for such heavy overloads. Too many scripts running. By the time you have the framework, there is no memory left to add content for using it. So I do without the DD framework. My system runs so smooth without it. Defeat has always been the same way. I have tried multiple rape, sex activating mods, quest mods, new worlds, and all kinds of things that work just wonderful. Not DD nor Defeat. I mean, they work. And sometimes would work very well for the first 10 levels of a playthrough before it gets sluggish as can be. I don't need to explain myself and yet I know explanations are always demanded regardless. I cannot use these things and I don't understand why I should have to. Why is it necessary for all of these mods to be so overly huge? Requiring 20 different mods for a single mod to work. By the time you get all of that requirements, you have installed 100 mods just so you can add the content from one single mod that interests you.

So modders, if there is anyone out there up to the challenge, I would love to see some player slavery mods that do not require the DD framework. All that is needed is within ZAZ.

One more request if it sparks some interest. I would love to see a big questline mod similar to mods like Things in the Dark that focused on rieklings. Become a riekling if so choose, etc... etc...

It already exist.

TID, Maria Eden...

That's not a slave. That's just bdsm voluntary. It's cool and I use it, but I don't have any slavery options for the combat scenarios or alternate start or whatever. You know what I mean? That's why I said I am looking for slavery mods. But apparently it isn't such a huge demand because nobody seems to understand what I am talking about. They don't feel my dilemma. And I understand the whole supply and demand thing so it's cool. That's why I try to do as much of my own modding as I can but I am not that talented these days. Can't even read a book anymore.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am in agreement with OP about this. I have recently reinstalled all my mods removing anything with DD requirements.

I miss some of the aspects of the mods but don't miss being stuck in an Arm binder with no way to escape except to using Console command to get keys.

I really liked the way DCL worked, but wished there was a way to use it with out DD.

SD+ has propably the best player enslavement adaption short of Slave Run, but both require DD.

Marie Eden isn't really slavery and it is not recommended for those trying to do a play thru.

I would like it if there was a mod that would make the PC a slave of the NPC's that captured and raped the PC.

Maybe something in SS+ that would pick a random faction that buy and use the PC, and didn't revolve around DD items.

I'm with you people. I try the DD stuff about once a year when I see a mod I want to try and it needs the DD stuff. Just finished my annual trial for 2019. Loaded up the DD trio plus CD and a shed load more  - I only wanted to try Devious Lore but hey, in for a penny in for a pound. None of them did anything anything for me so they have now all gone.

As for slavery mods, Maria Eden is currently undergoing some sort of rebuild or re-jig. I would like to see a slavery mod where you just bought and sold bandits etc or at least you didn't have to be the slave.

Delzaron's mods are great - they would be more than great if he ever finished one before moving on to the next.

ZAZ has so many neat and cool features. I don't understand why modders don't use it alone for some slavery mods. Why do we have to have extremely heavy DD and all of it's requirements. Just to have DD you have to have several mods to make it work and sacrifice having other mods you don't really want to get rid of but don't play well with DD being so freakin heavy on my system. And I run some heavy mods but DD is the worst. It has it's coolness and I have had my fun with it but I can't keep DD installed for long if I ever want to play the freakin game.

6 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

ZAZ has so many neat and cool features. I don't understand why modders don't use it alone for some slavery mods. Why do we have to have extremely heavy DD and all of it's requirements. Just to have DD you have to have several mods to make it work and sacrifice having other mods you don't really want to get rid of but don't play well with DD being so freakin heavy on my system. And I run some heavy mods but DD is the worst. It has it's coolness and I have had my fun with it but I can't keep DD installed for long if I ever want to play the freakin game.

DEVIOUS DEVICES RULE!

oops wrong topic

(your setup might be already bad if DDi can bring it down)

wait for ZAZ9 and/or follow the zaz8+ topic

next generation of zaz items will be lockable and give modders new opportunities and headaches!

sorry for interrupting the DD rants ?

also: MARIA EDEN rocks if you don't want to use DDi

(also the most detailed PC slavery mod around, all without DDi, only uses DDassets)

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, LazyBoot said:

Only the DD assets pack, that contains no scripting.

DD assets requires DD. You cannot install DD assets without DD. You are not the first person to try and tell me this. Even if you do have a mod software package that allows you to activate mods that have requirements beyond what you have activated, the game will crash when starting up. Won't even take you to title page. The game system reads that there is a dependency not present. At one time in history there, I think, might have been a time when the DD files were not dependent on each other but not anymore. Not in the past few years. You can use DD without DD assets or any others, but DD assets and the others all have a dependency of DD to work. Some have more requirements than that even. Why argue about this? If I say I want a light salad because I am vegetarian and that is all my tummy can handle, why does everybody try convincing you that there isn't THAT much meat in a chef salad? Why does everyone still want you to eat what you can't? 

P.S. I am not a vegetarian....I tired it once, meat is too good. And I don't try to convince vegetarians to eat meat. But I do try to convince vegetarians not to hate meat eaters so much though. To each their own. 

I run Skyrim on an i5 750 which is basically a toaster today and my GTX 660ti can handle ENB but not FPS in combat at the same time. 

But I had no issues with DD performance yet.

As for playing DD mods: 

I just have keys on me for alle items at all times and I have a mod that allows me to handle all the freaking pop ups faster with key commands.

I just roleplay that stuff for me anyway. I am never happy with the looks of random DDs, so I have to intervene there anyway.

But I agree on the general request. DD is something I dont really need to play and I hate alot of features that come with it (pop up windows, the missing of debug/remove item hotkeys, the option to TURN OFF all DD features except the items optics for more customization for users, no gag sound feature like zap has and in general almost all the devices are immersion breaking (which is ok for me, I just wish there were more alternatives). 

I understand and respect the fetish behind it, but it is just not mine. But still it is kinda forced on everybody else "in a way", too. 

It is just my idea of a good game (and therefore also for a good mod) to allow as much customization as possible to allow everybody to enjoy it in their personal way. 

Alot of mods on this site are unplayable (for me at least and from what I read for others too) just because they lack customization or an option for a critical feature (auto deflate for Fill her Up, Auto Armbinder for Deviously Helpless (or did I remember the name incorrect, dunno)... Naked Dungeon forces me to accept how the mod handles slaves and exceptions and so on. This list would be way too long. 

In reality people are tailoring their own builds with mods and try to make them compatible and work together in a way they can enjoy. At least I am doing this for the last 3 years. 

And my biggest obstruction is basically mod authors that try to force their kink on me. I understand them, its their right, they do all the work. But it also makes me sad, because I just cannot mod and have no time to dig into it myself and that basically leaves me with an imperfect mod build, which at the same time feels like such a waste of potential. haha.

Well: long story short: I would love DD having more options on how the mod itself works and performs. And I would love another framework that handles the same thing differently.

But I would also love the basic SexLab Framework to be updated, because it itself lacks so much... :P

6 hours ago, AndragonFirefly said:

DD assets requires DD. You cannot install DD assets without DD. You are not the first person to try and tell me this. Even if you do have a mod software package that allows you to activate mods that have requirements beyond what you have activated, the game will crash when starting up.

So much text just to say you personaly aren't able to install DDa.

Your right you get a CTD if you install DDa without sexlab or mods that need DDi and not only DDa.

try MME, zaira should know best that you can install DDa without DDi => creator of ME

or this one:

works without DDi

20 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Lacking what, specifically? ?

just details for most people I think, but for me personally just annoying over time :P

- "Strip Item" Chance for each Slot instead of just "Strip" or "Not Strip"

- Move  WHOLE Scene hotkey (all actors at the same time in all 6 directions) instead of just reposition the whole scene (which is so immersion breaking and also inaccurate, i.e. for wall animations) 
- Random Lengths for Stages (min-max lenght sliders)

- Cum Overlay "fade out" instead of just "cum overlay disappearing after X seconds"

- Toggle all animations on/off button in MCM

- Asign Expressions to certain (individual) animations option

- removal of all base animations and/or release a SL version that has no inbuilt animations as alternative

- in built features like SexLab Tools (which is not perfect, because it never shows all available animations in the menu)

- more detailed options for voice files replay. Like different time scaling for different stages of different animations. Or defining which folder is playing with a certain animation (hot/medium/mild)

- better control when or when not to play oral animations.

- hotkey for open mouth to maximum

- hotkey to enable or disable the male or female voice playing

- ....stuff i forgot 

Some of this could maybe be solved with external mods. But there are none that do such stuff. And I feel Sexlab is very dated lately, because a lot of stuff changed outside of it, but SL itself did not. At the same time there seems to be no progress at all with the SSE version and it also does not seem to include any changes from the last LE version (or maybe I missed some, dont know).

17 hours ago, Nymra said:

just details for most people I think, but for me personally just annoying over time :P

- "Strip Item" Chance for each Slot instead of just "Strip" or "Not Strip"

- Move  WHOLE Scene hotkey (all actors at the same time in all 6 directions) instead of just reposition the whole scene (which is so immersion breaking and also inaccurate, i.e. for wall animations) 
- Random Lengths for Stages (min-max lenght sliders)

- Cum Overlay "fade out" instead of just "cum overlay disappearing after X seconds"

- Toggle all animations on/off button in MCM

- Asign Expressions to certain (individual) animations option

- removal of all base animations and/or release a SL version that has no inbuilt animations as alternative

- in built features like SexLab Tools (which is not perfect, because it never shows all available animations in the menu)

- more detailed options for voice files replay. Like different time scaling for different stages of different animations. Or defining which folder is playing with a certain animation (hot/medium/mild)

- better control when or when not to play oral animations.

- hotkey for open mouth to maximum

- hotkey to enable or disable the male or female voice playing

- ....stuff i forgot 

Some of this could maybe be solved with external mods. But there are none that do such stuff. And I feel Sexlab is very dated lately, because a lot of stuff changed outside of it, but SL itself did not. At the same time there seems to be no progress at all with the SSE version and it also does not seem to include any changes from the last LE version (or maybe I missed some, dont know).

LOL, this is why I disable all wall related animations. They are cool animations but they look so stupid while leaning against air. I have also had a problem with sexlab ever since I started using it years ago...Every once in a blue moon, like every 10th sexlab animation, I am teleported while undressing into the air way up above the closest giant camp near Whiterun. If I don't have the flying spell yet to save me, I always die from the fall from the sky. lol

Lot's of Papyrus functionality is undocumented. It takes years to understand how the engine works - and even after years you get surprised again and again.

I know the SL code base very much - It was very ambitious and became a hard to maintain monolith.

However - it works for the majority of use cases and fails for some border cases - so what: The life-cycle of Skyrim has reached its end and we have to live with the things that are there.  Or does anybody here  volunteer to start with a new modern framework?

A little more modesty would be appropriate: A bunch of people sacrificed a lot of their free time and gave you a adult entertainment experience like no other in the modding scene - free of charge.

If you feel that you have to rant - please do it in your own private chamber or become part of the modding scene and make things better.

:classic_smile:

ähm, DDa is finally contence of zap 9 - u may like to try the last update-deinstall DDa before.

Comes with a bunch of different offsets so far. ( only for ZAIRA )

DDa is a clothing-mod-it contains "unusual cloth":-)

DDxyz is a choice of it´s own-find out what you want and like to play.

And I personally do not need the PERFECT framework (question is-what that means "perfect framework") because under skyrim we can only side-chain the stuff, specially those idle animations.

Before more potential work would go into such a framework, you need to have serious access to the whole animation system as a serious base,

which is not working without a TEAM and suiting software.

Think about what will be still there available in skyrim, if you do not use / switch off FNIS.

So first step of all investigations is a professional access to the animation-system.

SexLab on it´s side is also a very high class mod which made surely very much work,

anyway based on the same entry-point with feeding skyrim with new idle-animations.

Relax and enjoy the existing mods-those frameworks are offering much enough possibilities.

The existing material (inside of DD and ZAP) is very much perfect to create new mods for years.

Archived