Just now, Nymra said:

forget it. basically he says old apropos is better because it has no visible slave tats.

Because the after effects are too severe from their looks. 

Script impact is also mentioned.

My 5 cents: everyone in LL needs something unique for his personal taste. For example I modified the textures of heavy general abuse and removed the blood from the pussy and ass because it was not to my taste. I left the blood everywhere else intact. 

If someone does not like the after effects he could just remove or replace the textures. at the beginning I just replaced stage 1-2 with stage one and stage 3-4 with stage 2: made the after effects visible a lot less severe. 
Mods cannot possibly cover what people want. But mods can be created in a way that allow customization. And apropos allows enough customization IMO to satisfy even that guy if he d put some effort into it. 

Sad to say, I think the most I got out of his wall of text was that he was entitled to more.  Does he/she think I am getting paid to do this? :)

2 hours ago, gooser said:

I have thought of unique textures for: Giants, Rieklings and bandits, because the resources are available.

For instance, the Grine tattoo for Giants.

And the Dragonborn DLC texture for rieklings as well.

I would try to create Dwemer abuse mechanics. Basically my idea was to change some cum textures to have black color to look like oil. and maybe add some symmetric bruises from the dwemer hands.

1 minute ago, worik said:

? WHY have I never thought about that... sounds great!

would do it right away, but since yesterday my PC seems unable to convert DDS anymore... I changed nothing but suddenly they look weird when converted... sigh. 
I bet something something got updated. Updates are the new viruses.... 

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, gooser said:

Not in this case. The descriptions for Hugeload and Largeload are hardcoded, even if the synonyms are pulled from the control file. IN other words, I have plans to externalize the descriptions into new files (probably something like xxxx_hugeload.txt, etc). But for now there is no way to suppress them, even if you nuke the synonyms. Probably next release.

Next release would be excellent. I like to write my own dialogue and notices whenever I can. I hope that works out.

Thanks for your excellent work.

I guess the percentage chance to redo the final stage of the animation is applied each time the animation reaches the final stage?  For example, first time there's a 30% chance to repeat the final stage.  If it repeats, there's another 30% chance to repeat a 3rd time.  If it repeats again, another 30% chance to repeat a 4th time.  Is that the way it works?  If so, that would explain my PC getting inseminated 4 times (and getting 4 gems from SGO) from a single act.

51 minutes ago, PubliusNV said:

I guess the percentage chance to redo the final stage of the animation is applied each time the animation reaches the final stage?  For example, first time there's a 30% chance to repeat the final stage.  If it repeats, there's another 30% chance to repeat a 3rd time.  If it repeats again, another 30% chance to repeat a 4th time.  Is that the way it works?  If so, that would explain my PC getting inseminated 4 times (and getting 4 gems from SGO) from a single act.

No that's the chance the animation will be changed, not the chance that the animation will back up.

Backup is based upon the aggressor's arousal.

if D100 < Arousal/3  then backup 

I think I will have that parameterized next release

19 minutes ago, gooser said:

holy crap, that explains what I see in my game:

my aggressors are all already at 100 arousal as soon as the animation starts

that would explain why I see all those "endless" loops of the first animation stage

would be better if with 100 arousal the 2nd stage gets repeated ^^

other than that, I realy like that feature, especially if the last stage gets repeated and a lot more W&T gets added

14 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

holy crap, that explains what I see in my game:

my aggressors are all already at 100 arousal as soon as the animation starts

that would explain why I see all those "endless" loops of the first animation stage

would be better if with 100 arousal the 2nd stage gets repeated ^^

other than that, I realy like that feature, especially if the last stage gets repeated and a lot more W&T gets added

Yeah so maxxed arousal has 30% chance of backup each time.

18 hours ago, gooser said:

Added this to the description. HTH:

Additional Messages:

Normally Apropos2 will generate one message per stage, and messages during Orgasm, and AnimationStart. It is possible, if you have long timers setup in SexLab, there will be some "dead time" where no descriptions are shown.

Enter "Additional Messages": It will look at your timers configured in SL MCM and if an additional message can "fit", it will display one additional message per stage. Generally, if you have a 30s (or greater) stage timer, you will see two messages for that stage - one is the original Apropos2 description, the second the "additional" message. 

It will, currently, only display ONE additional message per stage. That may change in the future.

It is possible to opt-in to a Hotkey mechanism, instead of a timer. Keep in mind that the Widgets have timers themselves. They generally will display (unless changed in MCM) each message for 7 seconds.  They also use a queuing mechanism that will save display requests in memory until prior messages finish displaying.  So, if you mash the hotkey, you may get unexpected results as the widget system attempts to catch up and display queued requests.

If you're considering tweaking the extra messages, my suggestion would be to add a MCM option for the message delay, and run it on a loop that repeats every x seconds, which is then canceled when the animation changes stages. Unless that is problematic. (Not sure how taking valules from MCM into the code is applied). 

I had a thought about themes before. I honestly don't know what the old themes was supposed to do, but would it be possible to say, make themes a kind of "profile" selection for the message folders. 

Say maybe I want the messages to be a little different depending on current playstyle or save. Being able to have different themes, or profiles, would mean being able to switch between them in the MCM, nothing automated. In theory it would point to different folders, though I know that it would increase the amount of files quite a bit of course. Like the default ones would simply be in db/default/  , with the potential to add new folders with their names added to a json or something that could make them show up in mcm. 

I know I keep coming with suggestions, but I really am enjoying this release of Apropos still thus far and I do think you've done a great job! This mod continues to be one of the very first I install upon reinstalling and it's one of my must haves. :)

By the way are the "xx just took a big load from xx" etc messages customizable somewhere? Could they be?

1 hour ago, Toatedsnow said:

So in terms of message content, is Apropos2 comparable to v1? Or are we still progressing towards that stage?

Also, does anybody have a link for the v1 message editing tool? I cannot, for the life of me, find it again.

Not sure what you mean by comparable... Apropos2 has a much larger database. More scenarios, more uniques, more race coverage. 4k files vs 3k files.

"...progressing towards that stage?" 

What do you mean by this?

The edit tool has not been updated to handle any of the new Apropos2 features.

Not to worry, you answered my question already in your first breath :P

That said, what I was asking was how caparable Apropos2 was to v1 in terms of "coverage," i.e. database size, the breadth of animations/pairings covered, etc. As for the "progressing towards that stage" tidbit, it referred back to the original question. I'll download and have a look inside later. Bloody planes and their bloody delays.

On 12/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, gooser said:

No that's the chance the animation will be changed, not the chance that the animation will back up.

if D100 < Arousal/3  then backup 

I think I will have that parameterized next release

Do you mean we'll be able to adjust it in the mcm? I would like to reduce/eliminate the backup feature from my game.

One other question/request: would it be possible to modify the labels applied to W&T states and abuse stats? (i.e. fresh, tight, abused, battered etc) Would allow users to customise to their tastes. Plus some of the descriptors fit W&T states really well but not so much for abuse stats.

Been using apropos classic for the past few years - so owe you much thanks already. Apropos 2 is looking real promising.

7 hours ago, chipstick said:

Do you mean we'll be able to adjust it in the mcm? I would like to reduce/eliminate the backup feature from my game.

One other question/request: would it be possible to modify the labels applied to W&T states and abuse stats? (i.e. fresh, tight, abused, battered etc) Would allow users to customise to their tastes. Plus some of the descriptors fit W&T states really well but not so much for abuse stats.

Been using apropos classic for the past few years - so owe you much thanks already. Apropos 2 is looking real promising.

Yes. 

For now if you turn off animation switching, it will also disable stage backup. Look under "Misc Effects" in MCM. The two are similar features and in the released version 1.006, one switch disables both.

Look for WearAndTear_Descriptors.txt. This is the control file that controls level names, etc.

{
    "descriptors" :
    {
        "level0" :
        [
            "virgin",
            "untouched",
            "tight",
            "fresh"
        ],
        "level1" :
        [
            "tight",
            "welcoming",
            "cozy",
            "snug"
        ],
        "level2" :
        [
            "sore",
            "pliable",
            "dilated",
            "supple",
            "spread"
        ],
        "level3" :
        [
            "abused",
            "pliant",
            "inviting",
            "puckered"
        ],
        "level4" :
        [
            "well fucked",
            "puffy",
            "worn",
            "exposed"
        ],
        "level5" :
        [
            "swollen",
            "cum drenched",
            "ravished",
            "flooded"
        ],
        "level6" :
        [
            "raw",
            "stretched",
            "saturated",
            "sloppy",
            "ravished"
        ],
        "level7" :
        [
            "loose",
            "distended",
            "stretched",
            "used"
        ],
        "level8" :
        [
            "gaping",
            "experienced",
            "abused"
        ],
        "level9" :
        [
            "battered",
            "beaten",
            "ruined",
            "destroyed"
        ]
    },
    "descriptors-mcm" : [
        "0: Fresh",
        "1: Tight",
        "2: Sore",
        "3: Abused",
        "4: Well Fucked",
        "5: Swollen",
        "6: Raw",
        "7: Loose",
        "8: Gaping",
        "9: Battered"
    ]
}

Each section (e.g. "level9") has a list of synonyms that are randomly selected in-game.

The last section ^ is how the levels are described in MCM.

Edit it with a standard text editor, and  make sure to maintain valid JSON.

If you drag the file ontop of the json_validator.exe (the exe accepts Windows drag and drop events), it will display a black console window and tell if you there are any issues (like missing commas, unterminated strings, etc.)

One you have edited the file to your preference, make sure to go back in-game into the Apropos2 MCM and click [Refresh from Database].

Seem to have some strange behavior with the Consumables config file. If you try to add more entries (I want to add in the parasite eggs from Estrus chaurus/spider) the PC's arousal behavior turns...very strange, is the best way I can describe it. Keep getting hit with constant "ticks" that jacks my aroused time rate to crazy high numbers, kick me out of any menus, and leads to a never ending cycle of hyper horniness. 

5 hours ago, SangriusDarkblade said:

Seem to have some strange behavior with the Consumables config file. If you try to add more entries (I want to add in the parasite eggs from Estrus chaurus/spider) the PC's arousal behavior turns...very strange, is the best way I can describe it. Keep getting hit with constant "ticks" that jacks my aroused time rate to crazy high numbers, kick me out of any menus, and leads to a never ending cycle of hyper horniness. 

Can you post your file ?

Updated with version 1.0.0.8:

- W&T Consumables fixes and enhancements: Trimmed spurious logging on non-potion and non-ingredients. Arousal amounts applied from consumable scale between lowest item in consumables and highest item in consumables (e.g. consuming a Spider Egg would incur a small arousal increase; drinking a Double-Distilled Skooma a large arousal increase).

- Database improvements and additions (+3 folders, +248 files)

- New database files for HUGELOAD/LARGELOAD descriptions.

- New database files for Stage GoBack descriptions.

- Reorged MCM

- Added MCM options: 

- MinConsumableArousalIncr & MaxConsumableArousalIncr (Under Wear and Tear Settings). Default to 2 and 15 respectively. When consumables are applied, the amount  of arousal incurred depends upon the healing amount for the consumable, the range of min>max healing amounts across all consumables, and these two MCM parameters.
If you have a consumable with max heal of 50, and MaxConsumableArousalIncr of 15, then 15 would be applied to arousal, etc.

- MinArousalForHugeLoad & MinArousalForLargeLoad (under Misc Sex Effects).

- GoBackAggressorFactor (zero out to disable Stage Go Back; applied to the aggressor's last arousal to determine whether Stage can go back, under Misc Sex Effects).

- MaxGoBacksPerAnimation (Under Misc Effects, caps the maximum times an aggressor can move a stage backwards PER ANIMATION).

- Added one more option for Periodic PC Descriptions - Disabled. Will disable all periodic messages outside normal stage based messages.

- Added option to clean JContainers memory under MCM rebuild page. This might be helpful if some Apropos2 methods error out and leave retained objects unreleased.

- Added support for creature 'IceWraith' (no database files yet).

- Added calls for JContainers Retain/release during message generation to ensure token maps aren't prematurely disposed of.

- Included Slavetats-makeup textures in Apropos2.