Treasure Hunter Whore (A Devious Quest)

That's a sad thing about your PC, Hugh. I hope at some point you recover your creative spirit. You've done excellent work for this Skyrim community, including this mod.

Should you return to this mod at some point, I'd like to make some observations you may or may not be interested in.

Regarding the slave girl(s) chasing the player and ensuing fight, you mentioned:

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, Hugh Reckum said:

Yeah, I like this. Having a radius check would probably work better than bound combat for now... If they catch the Player, they'll lock her up in a tight hobble dress or straight jacket or something similar...

As I know virtually nothing about modding, this may or may not make things easier and more immersive. You might instead give the slave girl a bow, and proficiency so high it occasionally causes paralysis. If she paralyzes or causes the player's HP to drop below a certain amount, perhaps configurable by the player, the slave girl wins.

Another idea you may or may not like. In additional to classical bondage devices, you might allow the option of equipping the player with a parasite from the SL Parasites mod. In my opinion, the ones that might work well with THW would be the tentacle monster, the living armor, and the creepy crawler (belt) version of the face hugger. Of course, that would necessitate SL Parasites as a soft dependency for the option to be available.

I also have an observation. That the player is equipped with a nonremovable chastity belt doesn't quite work from the point of view of immersion when gargoyles assault her. On a side note, that was a great idea implementing a tie-in with the SL Pheromones mod. That and the Skooma Whore mod as well. I use them both. At any rate, instead of using a chastity belt and plugs, could you just use piercings? Unfortunately, I don't believe there are piercings that give shocks. It may only be possible by making new piercings that do what black soul gems do.

So far, I've only played the get-the-trinket mod. I enjoy the tension of the chase, along with the many difficulties along the way. Nice job. Thank you, Hugh.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:15 AM, Hugh Reckum said:

Thanks.

Unfortunately my PC got kind of blown up by a Windows 10 update and I ended up losing my entire Skyrim install including the Creation Kit and some unfinished Mods that I was working on. I'd actually done some more work on this Mod, as well as a few others. I even had a new half finished Mod that had some adult-themed / dark-humored reworks of old Grimm stories tailored to LL...

I should have been smarter with my backups, but, it all went poof. So, I'm probably on modding hiatus for awhile...

Might be a bit late, but... while it's possible that an update breaks installations afaik it's quite unlikely it would delete raw files, or maybe you could recover them with some tools?

Then you would have your work back after reinstalling Skyrim/CK.

40 minutes ago, DarmanSejuk said:

I've just installed it and am trying it with a clean save. I made sure that all the requirements are installed and that FNIS was run. Every time this mod should trigger the game CDTs on me right after the load screen. Any Ideas? I'm running Vortex mod manager.

Likely cause is when you're not using XPMSE skeleton. Or having HDT body but not hdtExtension. This mod puts chain restraints on you, and you can test those by manually giving the items. They're from Devious Devices. I don't actually know atm if HDT restraints like chains work at all with a no-physics body or if it will just crash, so long since i tested.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've been tracking down the vampire slave and finally found her but now I'm in front of her and nothing happen (except her running towar her target destination) when I try and speak to her I have no dialogue option except the one that everyone has when you are bound.

I'm in hardcore bondage mod with a gag.

Any idea? Tried to reload the game and restart the game ^^

8 hours ago, Grelymolycremp said:

@Hugh Reckum Do you have the item ID for the trinket? or is it just script?

EDIT: After uninstalling all my mods, except for required, in Regular Skryim and SE. I'm still having the same problems.

I have deleted the prisonerchains files because they made me crash (forgot to mention sorry).

Are you using this Mod with SE?

The prisoner chains need HDT physics. SE doesn't have the HDT physics working - but this is an issue with DD, this Mod doesn't cause it, but I don't know if DD team has a fix for it either.

3 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

Are you using this Mod with SE?

The prisoner chains need HDT physics. SE doesn't have the HDT physics working - but this is an issue with DD, this Mod doesn't cause it, but I don't know if DD team has a fix for it either.

I'm using it mainly for SE, but I've also modded Regular Skyrim to test if I have the same issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 4:46 AM, Nazzzgul666 said:

Might be a bit late, but... while it's possible that an update breaks installations afaik it's quite unlikely it would delete raw files, or maybe you could recover them with some tools?

Then you would have your work back after reinstalling Skyrim/CK.

Quite a lot people lost files during the last major update from microcrap.

Hello.. I am new to loverslab and I am learning how mod works here and I have trouble - when I go asleep i wake up in the dungeon in chains and the vampire is in front of me but nothing happen. A dialog no starting and i dont know where i made mistake ://

5 hours ago, DJkrtek said:

Hello.. I am new to loverslab and I am learning how mod works here and I have trouble - when I go asleep i wake up in the dungeon in chains and the vampire is in front of me but nothing happen. A dialog no starting and i dont know where i made mistake ://

You might try Fuz Ro Doh.

56 minutes ago, stlbatt said:

yep done that

creatures and bandits keep showing up to rape me but not the vampire, i also tried naked too, nada

Ok, also make sure you're not wearing a chastity belt when you sleep.

If that doesn't work than likely some other mod is overriding the onsleep event.

Hi I downloaded all the necessary files and I still use Mod organizer and I used some of the troubleshooting things you've mentioned before but I can't get the quest to start. I've even resetai and recyclector. The vampire just stands there and when I try and interact it says "this person is busy". If you could tell me how to get the quest to activate after he kidnaps you that'd be great. Thanks in advance!

On 2/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, Twill1016 said:

i keep sleeping in the wild but nothing ever happens

I thought this was a thing, but it turned out I was mistaking that "waiting" in the wild was the same as sleeping. As soon as I found a bed in a tower and slept in it I got to the vampire. Still haven't seen the mod work, though, since the vampire just stares at me. I've tried to jiggle the wire so to speak, but no luck.

What I've tried:

remove all clothing and locked dd items before sleeping

unlock the slave irons, then Fus@Master Elgadiin

- result: he attacks and kills me

console commands I've tried on him.

- recycleactor (he gets naked, then continues staring)

- fus, then tcai, then recycleactor, etc.. doesn't help

- various other things

None of it works.

I'm on SKSE by the way.

Edit: Finally figured it out. I didn't understand what Hugh Reckum was talking about. The mod Fuz Ro D'oh fixed the issue.

So i'm new to skyrim mods , and this is my first time installing any mod whatsoever (keep that in mind :D). Anyway at first my game was crashing whenever i started the treasure hunter whore quest , but thanks to the comments here i figured it out , as well as some other problems .... Long story short what i believe happens is the dialogue bugs out(i see a few words from it and its like its fast forwarded) when i start the quest not allowing me to move or do anything except press e in which case the vampire is busy . I tried a lot of ways to fix it reinstalling things and stuff but most solutions are for non moded skyrim and not this specific case , so if anyone knows how to fix this would be a great help.
Thanks in advance ?