Treasure Hunter Whore (A Devious Quest)

2 hours ago, JohnSmith6969 said:

Hi, I can't get this mod to start. I have no idea how to sleep outside if someone could help me please 

Find a bed in the wilderness and sleep there?

Grab a mod that makes you able to sleep everywhere?

The mod "Bedrolls for spooning" (Nexus) gives you bedrolls to place everywhere.

Campfire is a classic for a full camping and sleeping experiance.

Some "Needs" mods add bedrolls too.

Check on Nexus, lots of mods that add bedrolls, sleeping bags and things like that, which you can place everywhere.

To sleep click on a bedroll or an abandoned bed in the wilderness.

3 hours ago, JohnSmith6969 said:

Hi, I can't get this mod to start. I have no idea how to sleep outside if someone could help me please 

There are random hunter and bandit camps with sleeprolls, beds in dungeons and so on. But in MCM the default chance for it to happen from sleeping is only 5%, or once every 20 sleeps. You may want to turn that higher.

• 1 month later...

Bug Report

I realize that this mod isn't being worked on, but here's this in case @Tyrant99 returns to it, or if players wonder why shocks rarely (if ever) occur.

There's a problem with the shocker logic, such that the player can only be shocked if all 3 conditions are met:

- Shocker death is enabled

- Shocks during combat is enabled

- Player is in combat

I wondered why it triggered so rarely.  I'd see "Stop standing around" and "Getting colder" but no shocks except during combat.  Unfortunately that made the hunt a fairly tame experience (I wasn't using hardcore bondage mode).

Spoiler

In the green code block, shocks only occur if NippleShockerDeath is true, AllowCombatShocks is true, and player is in combat.

The shock in the orange block will never execute because the player must be both in combat and NOT in combat.

Function ShockPlayer()
If !SexLab.IsActorActive(PlayerRef) && Config.NippleShockerDeath == True
    If PlayerRef.IsInCombat()
        If Config.AllowCombatShocks == True
            THWSlutShocker.Cast(PlayerRef, PlayerRef)
        ElseIf Config.AllowCombatShocks == False
        ;
        EndIf
    EndIf    
ElseIf !SexLab.IsActorActive(PlayerRef) && !PlayerRef.IsInCombat() && Config.NippleShockerDeath == False && PlayerRef.GetActorValuePercentage("health") > 0.33
    If PlayerRef.IsInCombat()    
        If Config.AllowCombatShocks == True
        THWSlutShocker.Cast(PlayerRef, PlayerRef)
        ElseIf Config.AllowCombatShocks == False
        ;
        EndIf
    EndIf    
EndIf    
Utility.Wait(5.0)
UpdateDistance()
EndFunction

Hey, I know it's probably come up before but; the pony play boots used in the Pony Slut hardcore outfit override the Pet Suit animation used the Slow Slave Training, so, you end up just prancing about but with your hands on your shoulders

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, craz3 said:

Hey, I know it's probably come up before but; the pony play boots used in the Pony Slut hardcore outfit override the Pet Suit animation used the Slow Slave Training, so, you end up just prancing about but with your hands on your shoulders

So I am going to post some edits to the scripts to fix HexBolt's bug, I think I can probably fix that too, just have it unequip the pony boots if you're wearing them not a big deal.

I also have some major edits in my scripts and am wondering if they are of interest to anyone:

Thinking of adding a configurable chance (per scan) to equip the skooma currently it is 1/25.

Also Skooma will continue to be equipped to you until you turn in the item if you got it, or get the keys after failing to catch the slave girl.

I made it so the gargoyle/wolf pheromones are not added until after you get the bag of keys what is the point of having them chase you while you are trapped in chastity.

I changed the vibration events to last longer, and be more frequent after acquiring the item (no orgasms while returning though), a lot longer in some cases (the event in my current version after turning in the item lasts for an hour real time should probably make that length configurable) and added a long vibration event to finding the keys, as incentive to get the belt off, if it has stopped vibrating by the time you get them at least.

I had also added ypsFashion and SGO3 events for shaving the player (pits and pubic when being abducted, head when failing to catch the girl) and inserting soul gems when failing to catch the girl. As they are just mod events I think it should work without the mods installed, can make those optional like Skooma Whore/Pheromones.

Thank you very much for looking into the bug with the shocks not firing.  

31 minutes ago, Tenri said:

I changed the vibration events to last longer....

I like your idea for the vibrations, but yes some configuration for this would be good.  If adding options to the MCM menu is too much, global variables are easy enough for players to set from the console.  There's a world of difference between can't be configured and must use console to configure. 

38 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you very much for looking into the bug with the shocks not firing.  

I like your idea for the vibrations, but yes some configuration for this would be good.  If adding options to the MCM menu is too much, global variables are easy enough for players to set from the console.  There's a world of difference between can't be configured and must use console to configure. 

I've played with MCMs before, is just going to take a bit to set everything up, I almost have the basic patches finished (as in compiling them now), though both scripts for it are edited for the feature changes as well. So if you want to wait for those I need to put together configuration, probably be done later tonite.

All done, haven't tested it yet, but it should work I think, will try testing everything now.

First file is just the Shock event and Pony boots to Pet suit patches :

THW Shocking Events and Pony to Pet Patches.7z

Second file includes the patches of the first file as well as the feature changes I mentioned earlier (a few changes that may not have been mentioned specifically too) :

Let me know if you run into issues with either download, but you should only use one. The second download should have 2 new mod toggles, and 3 new sliders in the MCM.

My own testing showed a minor issue, use the file from my later post.

My own testing showed a minor issue with some of the feature changes, everything appears to be working, just an unexpected consequence of one of the changes. This new file should be better slight edits in the next post, From what the site told me no one had downloaded the previous one yet anyway. The patches should be fine I didn't test the pony to pet switch but shocking events were working fine.

My game has some script lag that I need to sort out (I doubt it is related to these as I was experiencing it before) and that makes the vibration events considerably longer than intended, while the option to set them quite long is there, I recommend not going too high with them.

I've edited a couple of the scripts, reducing the length of one of the non configurable vibration events, and reducing the default & max timer on the configurable ones. If you don't have an issue with the lengths from the previous file then you don't need to download this one. Nothing else I managed to test needed any edits I believe.

Thank you for this patch @Tenri.  I took your changes for a spin today.

Shocks works as they should now.  I tested with the "in combat" option both on and off.  Looks good!  This alone is worth the price of admission.  :thumbsup:

I tested starting the quest as an outcome from Simple Slavery Plus.  No problems there.

I got annoyed with the spam of the two lines for "A small jolt of electricity..." but that's from Devious Devices, not this mod.

The longer vibration duration was fun.  It was definitely hampering my progress.  Perfect.

Thank you for apparently cleaning up the code that kept resetting the shock spell damage.  I like editing the esp to make shocks considerably stronger to add a real element of danger.  This was a much better (intense) experience with "real" shocks.  If development continues on this mod, an MCM option for shock damage would make sense (I don't need it myself, I'll edit the esp).

14 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you for this patch @Tenri.  I took your changes for a spin today.

Shocks works as they should now.  I tested with the "in combat" option both on and off.  Looks good!  This alone is worth the price of admission.  :thumbsup:

I tested starting the quest as an outcome from Simple Slavery Plus.  No problems there.

I got annoyed with the spam of the two lines for "A small jolt of electricity..." but that's from Devious Devices, not this mod.

The longer vibration duration was fun.  It was definitely hampering my progress.  Perfect.

Thank you for apparently cleaning up the code that kept resetting the shock spell damage.  I like editing the esp to make shocks considerably stronger to add a real element of danger.  This was a much better (intense) experience with "real" shocks.  If development continues on this mod, an MCM option for shock damage would make sense (I don't need it myself, I'll edit the esp).

If I fixed it resetting shock damage that was completely accidental, much as i would like to take credit I don't even know what where or how I fixed it or if it was even a problem.

I did do a lot of cleaning the code for readabilities sake though, how people can code without proper consistent tabbing is beyond me. When you tab in everytime you start a new if/loop/function/etc. you can easily see what code is inside that block of code, and when looking for functions you don't have to read every line of code just the ones that touch the left margin.

36 minutes ago, Tenri said:

If I fixed it resetting shock damage that was completely accidental, much as i would like to take credit I don't even know what where or how I fixed it or if it was even a problem.

No, it turns out it was the way I tested it.  I updated the esp after starting the quest, though it's unclear why OnPlayerLoadGame didn't override my change. 

To my thinking, neither of the functions below should be setting the shocks to a hard-coded value, stealthily changing what's specified in the spell.  Shock strength is simple to change in the esp, but overriding it in the code requires a player to edit and recompile a script.  It might be worth a look at removing those two function calls for cleaner functionality and ease of customization.

Event OnInit()
    SetShockerStrength()
EndEvent

Event OnPlayerLoadGame()
    SetShockerStrength()
EndEvent

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

No, it turns out it was the way I tested it.  I updated the esp after starting the quest, though it's unclear why OnPlayerLoadGame didn't override my change. 

To my thinking, neither of the functions below should be setting the shocks to a hard-coded value, stealthily changing what's specified in the spell.  Shock strength is simple to change in the esp, but overriding it in the code requires a player to edit and recompile a script.  It might be worth a look at removing those two function calls for cleaner functionality and ease of customization.

Event OnInit()
    SetShockerStrength()
EndEvent

Event OnPlayerLoadGame()
    SetShockerStrength()
EndEvent

What kind of range do you think is good for strength and duration?

I am just about done adding configuration for it, just don't know what values would be good, defaults will be current values.

Well since I had everything open I picked numbers that I hope work for you, strength 1 - 100 default 7, duration 1 - 25 default 2.

I've also included tip text warning against setting either value too high. I included such large caps so that it can be made still hazardous for high level players.

I've included all the patched scripts from earlier downloads and the esp does have a new edit to enable the new configuring.

I might try to think up a way to scale it with level, but that makes for a balancing nightmare, as the user loses much control over how dangerous the mod gets. Adding a per level increase on damage taken will force you to increase health every level up, or make the damage become increasingly lethal the 'stronger' you get. I could make it a percentage of max health thing, but I am going to keep things simple.

1 hour ago, Tenri said:

Well since I had everything open I picked numbers that I hope work for you, strength 1 - 100 default 7, duration 1 - 25 default 2.

I've also included tip text warning against setting either value too high. I included such large caps so that it can be made still hazardous for high level players.

THW TenriTweaks Jan 11 2020 1.7z 119.26 kB · 0 downloads

I've included all the patched scripts from earlier downloads and the esp does have a new edit to enable the new configuring.

I might try to think up a way to scale it with level, but that makes for a balancing nightmare, as the user loses much control over how dangerous the mod gets. Adding a per level increase on damage taken will force you to increase health every level up, or make the damage become increasingly lethal the 'stronger' you get. I could make it a percentage of max health thing, but I am going to keep things simple.

As I understand it, shocker strength as health percentage can be set durind or in the end of quest start dialogue - it is guaranteed that player will be at max health, without modifiers. This way, player can set damage in MCM in percents and seconds, and then it will stay stable on any level. Unless player levels up several times durind single run, of course ?

7 minutes ago, DeWired said:

As I understand it, shocker strength as health percentage can be set durind or in the end of quest start dialogue - it is guaranteed that player will be at max health, without modifiers. This way, player can set damage in MCM in percents and seconds, and then it will stay stable on any level. Unless player levels up several times durind single run, of course ?

I am sure I can figure out a way to get it working in a fairly balanced way, but I don't feel like putting that amount of effort into this mod at the moment. The changes I've made here are all changes that I had already made, or were small alterations to what I had already done. Making the shocks configurable probably took longer to launch the CK than it did to code the scripts.

16 hours ago, Tenri said:

Thank you for the update.  Yes, that range is good.  Unfortunately it looks like there was an editing error on the MCM script, which prevents the MCM from opening.  Comparing the Jan 11 version to Jan 9, the ModName (and Slave property) got lost.

Spoiler

THW.png.dac5ad53c83f231b4b0267c393e86c04.png

@HexBolt8

It doesn't look like any scripts used the slave property, It isn't in the original source code of any of the mod's scripts. I've added it to the MCM script but that shouldn't have caused any issues I think. As for the name, I have issues with the SKI_ConfigBase scripts, as in my CK refuses to load the source for it that is likely how the property got lost when I added the shocker property.

Edit: Forgot to add the file here you go

Now that this is in a better state, I've gone through the dialog and removed all the superfluous capitalization, things like:

I'll make you my Thrall and keep you as a Sex Slave.

We slaughtered quite a few Townsfolk
A few nights ago, I led an attack on a major Hold.

I did it for my own use, but if anyone else wants it I've attacked the esp file here.  It's identical to the one in Tenri's Jan 12 patch, except for the minor dialog edits.

TreasureHunterWhore.esp

While I was in there, I noticed a scene with an over-sized dildo and a lot of dialog for a Thieves Guild quest.  Pity that it never got finished.

31 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

While I was in there, I noticed a scene with an over-sized dildo and a lot of dialog for a Thieves Guild quest.  Pity that it never got finished.

Yeah there are a few MCM pages that just don't exist for all sorts of planned content, I have started actually working on my own mod now.

Maybe after it is functioning I will see if something can be done to finish some of that stuff, if not as originally planned then at least in some meaningful way.

If you want details about the mod I'm working on you can PM me I guess, not going to make a page/thread for it yet.

Those duration is for the vibration events at the end of the quest and when you find the bag of keys, vibrations during the quest will still be only 10-30 seconds.

I had tested the final vibration without a clean save and my test at 600 took 20 mins then a proximity rape interrupted the vibrations.

The reason the events during the quest aren't overly long is they pause the distance check until the vibrations stop. Making the quest much harder if you don't know where you are going yet.