Treasure Hunter Whore (A Devious Quest)

3 hours ago, cciao613 said:

The Vampire master doesn't spawn, I have "You've found the trinket, return to yor vampire master" but he isn't on the market. I'm waiting 24h but nothing.

When I've done the quest, the destination was Half-Moon Mill, not a market.  The master always showed up for me there.  Are you sure that you have the right destination?

15 minutes ago, cciao613 said:

Have i to restart the quest or there any debug code?

When you said "market" above I thought you were referring to a town market.  I think you meant to say "marker".  You are in the right location.  The orange box in the picture is the trigger area for the master vampire to appear.  You might have to walk and outside the box and back in if it did not trigger the first time.

Spoiler

HMM.jpg.c8a551ec9c03f3a47ace7e28e42f7ee8.jpg

• 2 months later...

There are still some things that could be looked at for this mod:

1) Failing to catch the deliver girl gives player task to climb the mountain in a petsuit. This is really slow and there are sometimes beasts or even a troll on the way. You can't do any fighting and the restraint is inescapable so... I only like events that are somewhat fun and repeatable but this is something that can cause one to load a game back to a point before you met the vampire in the first place. A really fatal flaw.

2) Device weirdness: some devices are escapable and some are not. Also with the catch deliverer event you don't get any extra devices. I didn't see if you do with the hardcore mode, but even with that you shouldn't get hands bound as combat is the only way to win the event. Now with DD5 at the very least the devices could have timed lock shields and maybe even failsafe longer automatic unlock timer. This is very easy to do with DD5 device properties. Boots and corsets are fun little devices that cause player to sometimes trip over or stop to catch breath.

With guaranteed timed release you can even bind hands in the catch event so only the beginning would be a little risky. I don't think any device sets included hobble dress or leg chains (and good that they don't!), so player can kick.

3) When you reach the girl and hit once, quest updates. You don't get "getting cold/warmer" messages anymore and you can genuinely lose track of her.

4) For that same quest i had the chase start near Riften twice in a row. It could be randomized more all over Skyrim.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 10:23 PM, Zaflis said:

There are still some things that could be looked at for this mod:

1) Failing to catch the deliver girl gives player task to climb the mountain in a petsuit. This is really slow and there are sometimes beasts or even a troll on the way. You can't do any fighting and the restraint is inescapable so... I only like events that are somewhat fun and repeatable but this is something that can cause one to load a game back to a point before you met the vampire in the first place. A really fatal flaw.

I'm currently playing around in that area of the code mess. Any special whishes on what to equip for that part?

3 hours ago, lastbytescout said:

I'm currently playing around in that area of the code mess. Any special whishes on what to equip for that part?

That is a difficult question... Maybe full pony set of some sort with timelocked yoke (10h max). Player should have wait useable if wants to unlock it faster. But to make this more interesting it might start in some DD contraption a little higher up along the road. I don't like how close the bear spawns at the bottom of stairs, it comes right by sometimes. If we can kick the wolves that would help.

Either way i'd suggest all devices used by this mod are "non generic", so normal keys wouldn't work on any of them. This means not directly using devices from DD but making edited clones of them.

And worth mentioning that this mod could have potentially even more kinds of outcomes. I was thinking of a small labyrinth dungeon where player starts middle. There would be 6 doors and all entrances would look the same early on, but then differ later. If player spawns there with random angle you don't know which direction the exit was, even if nothing about it is moved or otherwise randomized. Maybe 5 of the ends would have special key to 1 of the devices and 6th one being the exit, which wouldn't open until you have removed all 5 devices whichever they are.

Would also be great if it's possible to fool the dungeon map with some roof geometry into thinking that the whole map is blank, otherwise it would reveal too much.

On 1/14/2021 at 3:18 PM, lastbytescout said:

Well, I had fun with this quest - but yeah, without cheating with something like BWitch, it is dangerous. So - something punishing but with option for bound combat? Or - leave petsuit but give it powerful damage reduction and health regen? And no gag, so shouts can be used for damage and/or speeding things up.

Another idea would be to remake whole punishment into two part journey - first, in pony suit to Solitude, then, inside of Solitude - in petsuit, to the Blue Palace, to get keys from Sybille. But maybe it is too much to edit...

The difficulty with buffing the player is that you often end up just chasing your tail.  A mod places the player in restraints, maybe some pretty restrictive ones for that "hardcore" experience.  Exciting!  Except it's too hard other than for players who like a difficult challenge and expect to fail a lot.  So the author buffs the player to make things "more fair", and just ends up turning the restraints into a joke because the player is nearly as strong all trussed up as when simply naked.  It looks like a challenge but it's not, and the experience ends up a disappointment because it doesn't deliver the kind of experience that it looks like it should.

I prefer using the right number and types of devices to provide the desired experience.  Leave the hardcore mode as it is for the die-hards.  They love that stuff.  Add an intermediate mode or two with reduced use of devices to offer the kind of challenge that a player can intuitively understand.  Equipping the player is all up front, so the work stays fairly simple.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found the place where the vampire artifact is supposed to be.  I keep getting messages "I know it's here somewhere" or something like that, and lots of vibes.  Can't really search the room as my character can't move more than 2 or 3 seconds at a time before the vibes kick in to the point my character won't move.  Is the trinket an actual item?  If so what does it look like, or do I just need to stand in an exact spot for some period of time?

Also can there be a "no crime" option in the MCM, so that whatever I'm searching for isn't in a location that would be a crime to access?

42 minutes ago, ekw070 said:

I've found the place where the vampire artifact is supposed to be.  I keep getting messages "I know it's here somewhere" or something like that, and lots of vibes.

The trinket is an item, usually a bat amulet.  You just have to keep checking containers in that building until you find it.

• 3 weeks later...

Problems every time I attempt quest:

1. At quest marker area, trinket I'm supposed to find is absent.

2. At quest marker area, keys to unlock devices are absent.

3. Due to mods such as Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases, failure of quest makes crawling up mountain impossible.

4. Due to Frostfall, warming up after running nearly naked around Skyrim in freezing weather and/or at night results in constant screaming "Quit standing around!"

Therefore, this mod is no longer fun. It's annoying.

Uninstalling.

One positive thing: without this mod, there will be less load on my computer.

4 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Something new happened to me when I got sold to the vampire via SS++, once I had completed the task and got the keys, the chastity belt had a timed lock that wouldn't let me remove it for 24h.  I wasn't sure if that was because of this mod or because I'm using DD 5.1.

It is entirely possible that timed lock was always there, placed by author, but just wasn't working due to a bug in framework. Timed locks were definitely bugged in 4.3.

5 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

once I had completed the task and got the keys, the chastity belt had a timed lock that wouldn't let me remove it for 24h.  I wasn't sure if that was because of this mod or because I'm using DD 5.1.

I believe that's DD 5.  I've started getting timed locks even from older mods.  Timers have a place in quest mods, but I don't like them as random devices.  When I get one and I have a key, I use the console to remove the device and then I deduct one key.

• 3 months later...

Found another 'bug'.  While standing in front of your Vampiric captor, you can talk to him before the mission starts.  When I did that, I got the random event where a person you talk to adds even more bondage to you.  I recommend starting the player out in some kind of bondage where they can't approach him.

• 3 weeks later...

@Tyrant99 underr certain circumstances the quest is unplayable. If the character is put in chains in the south of Skyrim and has to walk to the north, she will die again. There is a big mountain in the middle of Skyrim ;) It is not possible to walk to one side of the mountain because it will get colder in both directions. To play the quest, the shock feature has to be disabled. Maybe you should restrict the random spawn of the trinket and the starting postion.

You cannot stand around and struggle your way out of the restraints fast enough to prevent dying. Most times she has a gag in her mouth and is not able to use a potion. The armbinder is not helpful at all.

2 hours ago, Rogwar002 said:

If the character is put in chains in the south of Skyrim and has to walk to the north, she will die again.

The author never had the chance to finish the mod to his satisfaction, and (as you've seen) it was not designed for use with mods that make temperature a problem for survival.  At this point, your best option would be to just not use Hardcore Bondage Mode.

Edit:  In my own experience, the quest is plenty challenging without Hardcore Mode.  My impression has been that Hardcore is like those games that offer an "Impossible" difficulty setting, for players who really want that sort of thing.  Don't be put off by what Hardcore Mode does; just avoid it and you can enjoy the mod.

Edited by HexBolt8
17 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

The author never had the chance to finish the mod to his satisfaction, and (as you've seen) it was not designed for use with mods that make temperature a problem for survival

ups. missunderstanding. The distance is getting colder and the character will die :)

But I get what you suggest. Will try. I really like the bondage idea, because of my own mod. Everytime the character is forced to use restraints, the body will have some alterations. Perhaps anytime I will code the mindset to a devious transformed body, too ;)

Thanks for the hint.

4 hours ago, Rogwar002 said:

ups. missunderstanding. The distance is getting colder and the character will die :)

Heh, yes, I see that I completely misread your meaning about "colder".

I didn't want you to get discouraged and give up on using the mod, since Hardcore Mode can be very difficult.  If you really want to use Hardcore again, Zaflis had a good point about the shock death.  Also, I recommend Tenri's fixes for the mod, which fix some problems and might make the experience better for you.