1 hour ago, ptmc2112 said:

I keep getting "unable to comply" from the Mr Handys I find, even with flirt set to always succeed.

however, I can succeed, as long as I ask them to strip 1st. Is that normal?

Are you using that voiced add-on for SEU?  It breaks several of the dialogue conditions in SEU, and causes flirtation with robots not to work correctly.

26 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Are you using that voiced add-on for SEU?  It breaks several of the dialogue conditions in SEU, and causes flirtation with robots not to work correctly.

weird thing is, I'm not using it.

Also, I only have to ask any Mr Handy to strip just once, including Codsworth, and it acts normal for the rest of the save.

EDIT: I actually looked it up, didn't expect it to be on nexus, and definitely didn't download it.

Edited by ptmc2112
8 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Not sure what would cause that then, it works fine for me.

enb2023_7_26_01_10_14.jpg  enb2023_7_26_01_10_33.jpg

Make it happen again and post your script log and I'll take a look.

Had to go back a few saves to before I used the workaround I already mentioned, but this is the result of me attempting it with flirt always succeeds, and then doing the strip, then trying again, then following with "never mind"

If this isn't enough, I can share my mod list or something (I used vortex)

Papyrus.0.log

19 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

If this isn't enough, I can share my mod list or something (I used vortex)

Your log confirms what you saw but there are no script errors.  I really don’t know how that would happen without something modifying the SEU plugin, the only time I have seen this is with the voiced extension mod because it breaks the dialogue conditions.

All I can suggest is check in Vortex that nothing is overwriting any of SEUs files, and maybe reinstall SEU (don’t do a “clean install”, just save, reinstall, and load) to ensure its files all match.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:57 AM, EgoBallistic said:

Your log confirms what you saw but there are no script errors.  I really don’t know how that would happen without something modifying the SEU plugin, the only time I have seen this is with the voiced extension mod because it breaks the dialogue conditions.

All I can suggest is check in Vortex that nothing is overwriting any of SEUs files, and maybe reinstall SEU (don’t do a “clean install”, just save, reinstall, and load) to ensure its files all match.

Sorry for the late response, but I checked, nothing was overwriting any records, and nothing was overwriting any files. Also redownloaded and reinstalled it for good measure.

I did find out it wasn't actually acting normal after the strip, it was acting like flirt with robots would always succeed, even when base chance was at zero, charisma set to not affect chances, affinity to not affect chances. Only tested with pre-war Codsworth and Nate. Nate tested out as expected.

NOTE: for good measure, i also tested it with simple flirting on, and it acted as expected with simple flirting (tested with flirt always succeed, and with base chances at zero), so the problem seemed to happen only with conversation-based flirting.

EDIT: Fun fact: all Mr Gutsys at the galleria are all technically Mr Handys.

Edited by ptmc2112
On 7/28/2023 at 11:17 PM, ptmc2112 said:

I did find out it wasn't actually acting normal after the strip, it was acting like flirt with robots would always succeed, even when base chance was at zero, charisma set to not affect chances, affinity to not affect chances. Only tested with pre-war Codsworth and Nate. Nate tested out as expected.

Ah ha.  It hadn't occurred to me to test with a brand new save, and with that I was able to reproduce the issue.

Thank you for doing all this testing.  I'll put out a new version soon with the fix.

New Version 1.17 Uploaded

• Fixed the dialogue that initiates flirtation with robots and synths setting the wrong stage on the Flirtation quest, causing the quest to skip the flirt success chance test.

Note that this does not address the problem that prevents flirting with robots when using the AAF SEU Voiced Extension patch.  I have looked at that mod in the CK and xEdit but I can't see what the issue is.

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

New Version 1.17 Uploaded

• Fixed the dialogue that initiates flirtation with robots and synths setting the wrong stage on the Flirtation quest, causing the quest to skip the flirt success chance test.

Note that this does not address the problem that prevents flirting with robots when using the AAF SEU Voiced Extension patch.  I have looked at that mod in the CK and xEdit but I can't see what the issue is.

I know when I looked in CK I could not see anything wrong with the dialog unless it's the fact that "Unable to comply" response ignores FlirtSuccess_var?

In any case both response condition sets are technically true. I'm assuming it takes the first in the tree it encounters? I'm not sure at all, It's been years since I really messed with CK scenes or even GECK dialog trees... 

i.e. It test these for the success response

image.png.af122574eec6f19c7d50d7c2faef8b0a.png

and "Unable to comply" just requires either Robot or Synth actor types.

image.png.5103e6b6746c45aa513594ba74412c0a.png

Edited by eflat01
1 hour ago, eflat01 said:

In any case both response condition sets are technically true. I'm assuming it takes the first in the tree it encounters? I'm not sure at all, It's been years since I really messed with CK scenes or even GECK dialog trees... 

Yes, it evaluates them in order, so if the flirtsuccess_var is true it will stop on that response, otherwise it will stop on the unable to comply one.

I tested 1.17 with the voiced patch enabled and it shows that it does run the flirt success test, but for whatever reason the unable to comply response is picked anyway.  I can't see a reason why that is happening.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yes, it evaluates them in order, so if the flirtsuccess_var is true it will stop on that response, otherwise it will stop on the unable to comply one.

I tested 1.17 with the voiced patch enabled and it shows that it does run the flirt success test, but for whatever reason the unable to comply response is picked anyway.  I can't see a reason why that is happening.

Right is how I was thinking it should work... kind of like a case statement.

All I can think of is that somehow the order got switched when SEU Voiced Extension ... but really does not look that way when loaded in CK.  {Scratching head} and what's really weird is all other scenarios except that one seem to work.

Edit: 

{Smacks head on desk}  Naturally I may have just managed to answer myself? I think it's because the voice extension mod adds so many other responses in the tree ... the underlaying id's somehow may end up different in sequence?  Although does not look that way in CK nor Fo4Edit. Wish I knew the tree's real order.

Anyway, when I added the following  flirtsuccess_var is not True condition to the "Unable to comply" and tested it at Greygarden it worked and grabbed the "I am fully functional, programmed in multiple techniques.". I've not tested the failed side yet though for the correct response.

image.png.5ca98b9d057340638e1677d37b6b049e.png

Edited by eflat01
On 8/4/2023 at 5:35 AM, EgoBallistic said:

New Version 1.18 Uploaded

• Fix for AAF SEU Voiced Extension patch not working correctly.  Thanks to @eflat01 for figuring it out.

You fixed that quick, and I was not looking for a mention I'm just a curious dude... is nice of you though. 

I did not see any Mr. Handy staged out there when I was toying around with this at Greygarden used SC's handy animations. Do not know if anyone wants this but here   SC_F_Handy.7z just quick and dirty, works most times but not all for some darn reason - think needs positional transitions,  is a start if anyone wants it.

Edited by eflat01
Hello everyone
I have a problem.
During the dialogues of the mod I only have the voices of my character.
I tried to put AAF Sex Em Up Voiced 1.0.0 mod but it doesn't work.
With or without.
Yet I see the Playervoicemale folders in the mod.
Do you have an idea please?
Thank you and good job for this great mod
Edited by Kantos0