4 hours ago, FrogFrozen said:

Still on 1.3 right now. Coming back after not playing for years. Have q uestion about a difficulty I'm having.

Can someone tell me how rape works now? The code and mechanisms behind it seems to have changed a lot at some point.

Even with all settings turned on, my rapist pawns in Random Rape mental state just wander forever and never touch anything or anyone. They won't even rape Masochist prisoners marked for Comfort.

I can't even order rapes on my colonists, allies, enemies, or prisoners unless they're already in a downed state. No matter what I set the vulnerability thresholds to.

I did get one rape to happen automatically(Without the mental state), but that was only after jacking up a single pawn's libido+aggressiveness and dropping him in a colony where everyone's already married. (He'd never rape if there was even one unmarried person to have casual sex with.)

I know its not a conflict because I tried it with only RJW and its requirements on and I'm still getting these issues.

Rapist means smoking pot or wishing they had pot to smoke.

An alternately trait is Hypersexual. They have sexual emergencies and refuse to chose a willing pawn in the next room over and instead force themselves on the most important people in the colony. This is not a Rapist, but Hypersexuals can gain the pot smoking trait if they have enough sexual emergencies.

Edited by S32S32S5
6 hours ago, S32S32S5 said:

Rapist means smoking pot or wishing they had pot to smoke.

An alternately trait is Hypersexual. They have sexual emergencies and refuse to chose a willing pawn in the next room over and instead force themselves on the most important people in the colony. This is not a Rapist, but Hypersexuals can gain the pot smoking trait if they have enough sexual emergencies.

The complete left turn that is the pot smoking thing makes me think you're joking and the problem is something else entirely. Or you misunderstood me. I can never tell with this specific site.

The Rapist trait. The Random Rape mental state does nothing. Both Rapists and Hypersexuals in my game still just choose willing pawns unless there is no pawn able to give consent.

2 hours ago, FrogFrozen said:

The complete left turn that is the pot smoking thing makes me think you're joking and the problem is something else entirely. Or you misunderstood me. I can never tell with this specific site.

The Rapist trait. The Random Rape mental state does nothing. Both Rapists and Hypersexuals in my game still just choose willing pawns unless there is no pawn able to give consent.

That person is being intentionally obtuse. Something else is going on for you.  It works for me as usual.  Perhaps check your mod settings and see if you have anything conflicting. Also, parts of RJW were taken out of the base mod and you have to download them separately now.

36 minutes ago, JackBikwik said:

That person is being intentionally obtuse. Something else is going on for you.  It works for me as usual.  Perhaps check your mod settings and see if you have anything conflicting. Also, parts of RJW were taken out of the base mod and you have to download them separately now.

I tried a few settings and this has always been how these traits work. It's been a while since I've play with rape enabled, but it's always been hypersexuals rape while Rapist(and random pawns) just gain the Random State Mental state and consume drugs. What's "obtuse" about explaining which trait mean the English word "rapist?" This is often how the events tend to go down in gameplay.

You say it's working as usual, but I've seen this kind of compliant every once in a while. I recently got a visiting pawn(without either of these traits) go into the Random Rape mental state, and he just wondered around(there we no accessible drugs). This kind of brokenness is just something to be expected if you chose settings not used by the mod creator. I guess you choose the right settings in which Rapists actually rape, but it seems to require customization options not everyone is going to chose.

1 hour ago, Ed86 said:

- broken pawn bio rjw button, probably wont be fixed unless any of you know how to make harmony transpilers

- biotech pregnancy replace rjw humanlike

RJW1.4test2.7z 10.79 MB · 17 downloads

So the new dlc is now a hard requirement? I'm a bit surprised, but I can see why you would go in this direction. Now it really is Tynan's problem to keep people breedable and the mod's code is probably way thinner that way.

What was the bio rjw button again? Honest question, I can't remember.

Edited by void_master_11
3 hours ago, void_master_11 said:

So the new dlc is now a hard requirement? I'm a bit surprised, but I can see why you would go in this direction. Now it really is Tynan's problem to keep people breedable and the mod's code is probably way thinner that way.

If i'm remembering correctly, the bio button sets fetishes for your pawns at the creation screen/through devmode (Messy, vigorous, exhibitionist, etc.)

27 minutes ago, S32S32S5 said:

People shouldn't be unhappy if there are still mods for babies. Relying on base RJW for babies is kind of crazy.

Eh, i dunno.  RJW did a pretty good job making babies previously.  I'd imagine biotech's pregnancy system is pretty good and it's probably way less work for Ed to let Biotech handle it.  We just need RJW/Menstruation to get the pawns pregnant.  And aminations to watch.

Hello, as a sometimes-modder, how do I submit patches? I have a minor one like to fix compile warnings:

--- a/1.4/Source/Harmony/SexualityCard.cs
+++ b/1.4/Source/Harmony/SexualityCard.cs
@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@ namespace rjw
                                        found = false;
                                        i.labels.Clear();
                                }
-                               if (i.opcode == OpCodes.Call && i.operand == HighlightOpportunity)
+                               if (i.opcode == OpCodes.Call && i.operand as MethodInfo == HighlightOpportunity)
                                {
                                        found = true;
                                }

I was also hoping Source/Common/Helpers/Genital_Helper.cs get_*BPR methods use BodyPartTagDef so AndroidTiers robots (for 1.3) can work with RJW with minor patching with xml tags.

I've been hacking my game a bit and thought of giving back some when 1.4 came around.

1 hour ago, Jin34 said:

Hello, as a sometimes-modder, how do I submit patches? I have a minor one like to fix compile warnings:

--- a/1.4/Source/Harmony/SexualityCard.cs
+++ b/1.4/Source/Harmony/SexualityCard.cs
@@ -29,7 +29,7 @@ namespace rjw
                                        found = false;
                                        i.labels.Clear();
                                }
-                               if (i.opcode == OpCodes.Call && i.operand == HighlightOpportunity)
+                               if (i.opcode == OpCodes.Call && i.operand as MethodInfo == HighlightOpportunity)
                                {
                                        found = true;
                                }

I was also hoping Source/Common/Helpers/Genital_Helper.cs get_*BPR methods use BodyPartTagDef so AndroidTiers robots (for 1.3) can work with RJW with minor patching with xml tags.

I've been hacking my game a bit and thought of giving back some when 1.4 came around.

either merge request to dev branch or send whole file

1.3 is ded

18 hours ago, void_master_11 said:

DLC may not be a hard requirement, but the 1.4 update also changes stuff in vanilla base game...

Edit:  Well, actually, I guess the pregnancy changes don't touch base game.  So Biotech DLC is basically required, vanilla changes don't include the pregnancy stuff and coding RJW to work on 1.4 but substitute RJW code if DLC not detected not worth coding/maintaining.  If you want to use this mod with how rimworld was pre-1.4, then have to use current version of mod and set steam (or whatever) to not update/use 1.3... or just pony up and buy the DLC!

Edited by ghostfalll
14 hours ago, Rimworld Traveller said:

Eh, i dunno.  RJW did a pretty good job making babies previously.  I'd imagine biotech's pregnancy system is pretty good and it's probably way less work for Ed to let Biotech handle it.  We just need RJW/Menstruation to get the pawns pregnant.  And aminations to watch.

i nearly pulled hair out of my hair trying to make hair scale correctly on 1.3 babies

20 hours ago, void_master_11 said:

ye but 1.3 will remain up for download i think? or someone could give u the file...

I dunno, I'm glad the mod devs aren't gimping the entire mod just to make it so that the most relevant DLC isn't a hard requirement. If you don't want to buy the DLC you can always just stick with 1.3, but RJW not interacting with the vanilla children aspect would be like expecting the sex ideology mods to not require Ideology

3 hours ago, Seengignpaipes said:

Or wait for Halloween or Christmas steam sales, half my steam library is from the sales.

AFAIK Rimworld basically doesn't go on sale and the DLC barely gets discounted too, so I wouldn't really expect any deep discounts