Should be amazing for just about everyone, honestly. There'll be some growing pains at first as everyone has to figure the new baseline out and migrate their mods over, but having a universal framework for things like races is huge. Should make compatibility and inter-mod connectivity a lot simpler too, when it comes to the systems added by the DLC.

it seems like pawns with the zoophile trait aren't gaining any positive thoughts for having relations with animals like they used to; and as far as I can tell they are supposed to based on what I read in the AfterSexUtility code. no more "zoophile bred" type moodlets are showing up anymore. they are just receiving the basic "got some lovin" moodlet. any idea why that might be? I enabled all logs but didn't see anything in the debug log, however there was an error in the hugslog, though it doesn't always seem to throw this error so I am not sure whether it is related.

Spoiler

[RJW] [GenderHelper] Snow Hanover detected as Male
[RJW] [GenderHelper] yak 2 detected as Female
Exception in CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail for pawn Snow driver=JobDriver_BestialityForMale (toilIndex=9) driver.job=(Bestiality (Job_438339) A=Thing_Yak307357)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at rjw.JobDriver_BestialityForMale+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<MakeNewToils>b__4 () [0x00010] in <e57487d4f0634cc2ae609d46f5cc5aee>:0
  at Verse.AI.ToilFailConditions+<>c__DisplayClass1_0`1[T].<FailOn>b__0 () [0x00000] in <81af9f8a18324e17b286924a43555a7c>:0
  at Verse.AI.JobDriver.CheckCurrentToilEndOrFail () [0x000e2] in <81af9f8a18324e17b286924a43555a7c>:0  
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

ReequipAndRetake:yak 2
[BnC] Generated Valid AgeStages for: AEXP_Otter with minAgeBaby: 0 and minAgeAdult: 0.33
Object with load ID Job_441442 is referenced (xml node name: targetJob) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

GC : animation data count [30 -> 10]
   PS=- __instance.def= VisitorGroup
   PS=- __instance.def= TraderCaravanArrival
Object with load ID Job_444596 is referenced (xml node name: targetJob) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.

Object with load ID Job_450500 is referenced (xml node name: targetJob) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.

[RJW] [GenderHelper] Snow Hanover detected as Male
[RJW] [GenderHelper] yak 2 detected as Female
[RJW] Rimjobworld::impregnate(Vaginal):: yak 2 + Snow:
[RJW]  'normal' pregnancy checks
[RJW]  no valid interaction tags/family
[RJW] Rimjobworld::impregnate(Vaginal):: Snow + yak 2:
[RJW]  'normal' pregnancy checks
[RJW]  impregnate - by initiator
[RJW] Rimjobworld::CanImpregnate checks (Vaginal):: Snow + yak 2:
[RJW]  Doimpregnate Snow is a father, yak 2 is a mother
[RJW]  Impregnation failed. Chance: 23% < 39%

On 10/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, FCKYOURALREADYTAKENNAMES said:

So.... what are the plans for 1.4?
I mean theoretically speaking between throwing the towel and taking out the entire child part of the mod to use the base game's version of it?
General thoughts and impressions tiem. Go.

Biotech should be a pretty massive quality of life improvement for RJW and make the mod teams life easier after the initial head ache of having to redo a bunch of stuff.

Using the official children, forced romance options, pawn growth aging acceleration, on the fly body part editing etc should all remove a lot of burden and upkeep from RJW. We could honestly end up with a RJW-lite that just adds "non-consesual volunteer surrogate mother" options and the small framework stuff that isn't already in vanilla like cum. Besides rape and perhaps cross species breeding if that's not in vanilla, RJW doesn't have to actually add that much itself

The mod team has been splitting RJW off into splinter modules recently anyway, which IMO is the best way to handle a bloated mod, so if we ended up with RJW core (rape), RJW interspecies breeding (insects and the like laying eggs in women), and then the splintered mods for prostitution and bondage etc it would likely make it a lot easier to upkeep the mod(s).

As for new options, forceful impregnation is obvious, and I expect some other mods will add some very interesting body part modification options like cow tits and rapid fire wombs and stuff, but a lot of the neat ideas are kind of out scope of RJW itself imo

I don't understand that take.  It seems to me that all Biotech is replacing from RJW is pregnancy, and i already had CSL handling pregnancy with RJW/Menstruation handling conception.  Biotech seems like it's replacing Children School and Learning, not RJW.  I'll be quite surprised if Biotech even has something like sex need, for example.

Edited by Rimworld Traveller
5 hours ago, Rimworld Traveller said:

I don't understand that take.  It seems to me that all Biotech is replacing from RJW is pregnancy, and i already had CSL handling pregnancy with RJW/Menstruation handling conception.  Biotech seems like it's replacing Children School and Learning, not RJW.  I'll be quite surprised if Biotech even has something like sex need, for example.

yea you re right, rjw juşt makeş the female pregnant. That'ş all. The reşt iş the gameş job. Which iş going to be handled by biotech/1.4 update from now on

Hey folks.

I apologize for bothering you with this but I ran into an issue that I could use some assistance with, if anyone would be so kind to point me in the right direction..

I bought Rimworld just recently and so far I'm just trying various things out.

I have RJW mod plus few addons. Aside from that, the only other mod I have is romance tweaks. I got the harmony and hugslib too. Mods are, currently, installed via Vortex.

First problem is that my pawns don't seem to get pregnant. I am yet to play full four seasons but they bang together quite often. But no pregnancies, not even if I check for pregnancy operation. My stats in the mod settings are quite high...

Second problem is with menstruation addon. I assume these two problems are related, since it is mentioned that this overwrites RJW impregnation system. It has been last updated over a year ago, so I assume it might simply be outdated but incompatibility is not mentioned anywhere so... who knows. Adding an error log from the game, though only captured by cellphone... hope it helps.20221020_184052.thumb.jpg.3b516b008c81ffda208f4e5f8c00a6bc.jpg

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: probably fixed it by downloading a newer version of that addon through RJW's addon list.

Edited by Battle.cry
On 10/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, Rimworld Traveller said:

RJW's current main features - sex, pregnancy with both humans and cross species, sex parts hediffs and body parts

Biotech adds - Handling of human pregnancy along with all the baby raising support features, forceful relationship attempts, ability to easily add and remove body parts and hediffs to pawns

Most of the rest of RJW has splintered off into other mods. Bondage stuff has it's own mod for the most part, sex ideology is handled by other mods, milking human females is it's own mod (and might be a thing in vanilla), whoring is it's own mod now I believe etc. So removing bloat and legacy code stuff from RJW should make Ed and co's life a lot easier. All RJW really has to handle at this point is just sex, rape, and cross species pregnancy, and the official framework should make it a lot easier and cleaner.  It also gives a lot of tools that other mods can build on without Ed having to bloat RJW core

We'll have to see once Biotech comes out tomorrow, but IMO it could streamline stuff and make it a lot simpler for the mod authors to where we end up with the equivalent to Skyrim, where we have Sexlab (RJW) as the basic framework that just adds sex, and then there's all the extra mods that build off the base framework. 

2 hours ago, NoppaiKohai said:

RJW's current main features - sex, pregnancy with both humans and cross species, sex parts hediffs and body parts

Biotech adds - Handling of human pregnancy along with all the baby raising support features, forceful relationship attempts, ability to easily add and remove body parts and hediffs to pawns

Most of the rest of RJW has splintered off into other mods. Bondage stuff has it's own mod for the most part, sex ideology is handled by other mods, milking human females is it's own mod (and might be a thing in vanilla), whoring is it's own mod now I believe etc. So removing bloat and legacy code stuff from RJW should make Ed and co's life a lot easier. All RJW really has to handle at this point is just sex, rape, and cross species pregnancy, and the official framework should make it a lot easier and cleaner.  It also gives a lot of tools that other mods can build on without Ed having to bloat RJW core

We'll have to see once Biotech comes out tomorrow, but IMO it could streamline stuff and make it a lot simpler for the mod authors to where we end up with the equivalent to Skyrim, where we have Sexlab (RJW) as the basic framework that just adds sex, and then there's all the extra mods that build off the base framework. 

i feel like rjw iş already şexlabş of rimworld şince all thoşe addonş came

I would like to ask a question, until now I have the version of rimworld with the dlc published so far, excluding Biotech.
I have several mods installed and RJW, and I would like to know if Biotech is RJW compatible. 

If not, knowing how difficult it can be to integrate new and (I imagine) voluminous content, and without wanting to put

any pressure on the developers how much presumably should we wait for compatibility ?

It would also be interesting to know in which direction the mod will move.

Thank you

9 minutes ago, akab said:

I would like to ask a question, until now I have the version of rimworld with the dlc published so far, excluding Biotech.
I have several mods installed and RJW, and I would like to know if Biotech is RJW compatible. 

If not, knowing how difficult it can be to integrate new and (I imagine) voluminous content, and without wanting to put

any pressure on the developers how much presumably should we wait for compatibility ?

It would also be interesting to know in which direction the mod will move.

Thank you

it'ş from dişcord. I think it'ş more than a month. Becauşe thiş DLC iş  H U G E. It addş şo much thing. OR maybe ED86 will juşt update it to 1.4 and let şubmodderş implement the new xenotypeş mechanic into RJW

resim_2022-10-22_000530965.png

1 hour ago, DaMan1 said:

it'ş from dişcord. I think it'ş more than a month. Becauşe thiş DLC iş  H U G E. It addş şo much thing. OR maybe ED86 will juşt update it to 1.4 and let şubmodderş implement the new xenotypeş mechanic into RJW

resim_2022-10-22_000530965.png

I didn't mean to bother anyone, neither the developers nor the server moderators.
I was only asking for a rough estimate (perhaps referring to the time it took to adapt it to Ideology or Royalty).

You already gave me the answer I wanted, I didn't know about the discord news.

I will wait, thanks.

i'll be first to ask - is it updated  ? ?

Spoiler

cant wait for shit like phenotypes and xeno stuff to be streamlined now that the game literally support different races with gene mods no need for middleman,wanted this shit for so long. once tried to make/add gender tied bodies... this was hell,then i give up. now i can,or at least modding options way wider now with xenomods. i dont even talk about pregnancy... there will be a lot of dogs hybrids running my colony now ?

now i need to sit and wait for all my mods to be updated and few game patch,then try update which didnt ?

Edited by Seedling
22 minutes ago, akab said:

I didn't mean to bother anyone, neither the developers nor the server moderators.
I was only asking for a rough estimate (perhaps referring to the time it took to adapt it to Ideology or Royalty).

You already gave me the answer I wanted, I didn't know about the discord news.

I will wait, thanks.

You are wholeşome. We şhall wait together

I cannot imagine the amount of work that needs to be done for this update. I am no programmer but I have been modding everything for years and know when things will conflict. This update in my eyes is directly targeting the sanity of this Dev. Does this man/woman have a paypal? He/she deserves many cups of coffee.

3 hours ago, yomak said:

I cannot imagine the amount of work that needs to be done for this update. I am no programmer but I have been modding everything for years and know when things will conflict. This update in my eyes is directly targeting the sanity of this Dev. Does this man/woman have a paypal? He/she deserves many cups of coffee.

It's kinda funny because the base game on itself didn't change much from what I gathered, but the dlc is the bloody monster. Dunno if they will basically rewrite the mod from scratch to be a "Biotech addon" with all the fucked up shit we love about rjw or if they will make a patch that's basically "if (biotech == 1): use biotech_pregnancy.dll; else use rjw_pregnancy.dll;" and just iron out the vanilla code change errors.

Well, probably the latter because it's way less work on the near future and keeps the mod compatible for people that doesn't want to buy the dlc, but who knows? Using exclusively the biotech pregenenent system will make things easier to develop in the future because now it's Tynan's problem to keep things breedable.

Edited by void_master_11

Still on 1.3 right now. Coming back after not playing for years. Have q uestion about a difficulty I'm having.

Can someone tell me how rape works now? The code and mechanisms behind it seems to have changed a lot at some point.

Even with all settings turned on, my rapist pawns in Random Rape mental state just wander forever and never touch anything or anyone. They won't even rape Masochist prisoners marked for Comfort.

I can't even order rapes on my colonists, allies, enemies, or prisoners unless they're already in a downed state. No matter what I set the vulnerability thresholds to.

I did get one rape to happen automatically(Without the mental state), but that was only after jacking up a single pawn's libido+aggressiveness and dropping him in a colony where everyone's already married. (He'd never rape if there was even one unmarried person to have casual sex with.)

I know its not a conflict because I tried it with only RJW and its requirements on and I'm still getting these issues.