Bad Ends: Executions [11/2/18]

6 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

What about the vanilla game beheadings on a block?

Markarth, solitude and dawnstar use that one. When you get the two guards popping up do they stand still or shuffle around a little? Do you have any mods that change whiterun decorations/buildings that might have messed with the navmesh?

Guest AthenaESIV

Ah I see, cool.

And hmmm, nothing that changes the navmesh. I use some texture packs but intentionally stay away from mods that alter meshes in holds and towns. I wouldn't think texture packs would mess up navmesh?

I am using Prison Overhaul though, if that is important. It is the only mod I can think of that might cause a conflict but when the NPCs spawn all 3 are alone and no other NPCs are around them... They just stand there idle, you can talk to them but they just make the default comments and never move...

27 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Ah I see, cool.

And hmmm, nothing that changes the navmesh. I use some texture packs but intentionally stay away from mods that alter meshes in holds and towns. I wouldn't think texture packs would mess up navmesh?

I am using Prison Overhaul though, if that is important. It is the only mod I can think of that might cause a conflict but when the NPCs spawn all 3 are alone and no other NPCs are around them... They just stand there idle, you can talk to them but they just make the default comments and never move...

Hmm Prison Overhaul shouldn't effect that, I'm going to start testing with both soon. Have you tried in any other cities?

Version 0.1 uploaded:

-Added a MCM button to teleport player to the lead guard (good for getting up stairs)

-Changed the check while in prison to happen every 30 seconds

-Bad Ends will not trigger while the player is in any other scene, hopefully this will help avoid conflict with Prison Overhaul

-Added a notification so you can tell when the scene is firing without being right there

mh worked at the first time but then path was bugged i tried it myself so it worked then, but myself doesnt seem to get executed or sth they dont wanna show up... could u maybe add more devious from za 8+ there are guillotines in the test chamber, execution chairs and more :) just look there through ^^

11 hours ago, torrmm said:

You can always set the chance to 0% or very low

If you're running around town it will generate an NPC, it will only choose an existing one if you're inside the prison. I've added an NPC or two to each jail as well. 

Where are you waiting for it to start? The process for when the player is in town vs in the jail are different so that would help me narrow it down. 

After how long? And is it after a save and reload or just after playing continuously for a while?

After 10seconds ,I just open and close the mcm menu,the third time I turn on the menu ,it went back again even if I quick save and load the game.

11 hours ago, torrmm said:

Are any bystanders showing up and waiting with you? 

Could it be that its too soon between events? Try turning the minimum time between scenes to 0 in MCM.

Also Idk if you're american but make sure you're within the right time period, the MCM setting uses the 24 hr clock time.

It works, my problem was the time period.

Regarding the hangings, I suggest adding this code - your mod is a bit too evolved for myself to try patching it

Rope = activActor.placeatme(mslNTHangRopeACT)
    Rope.SetPosition(activActor.GetPositionX() as float, activActor.GetPositionY() as float, activActor.GetPositionZ()+200 as float)

ActivActor.SetActorValue("Paralysis",1)        
    ActivActor.PushActorAway(activActor, 0)
    Utility.Wait(0.1)
    game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(ActivActor,"NPC Neck [Neck]",Rope,"Vert05",0,0,16)
    ActivActor.Kill()

I know for sure the code works (I tested it on the resources from this mod), and the result is the NPC getting actually killed and attached to a flexible rope. 

The activator mslNTHangRopeACT is a "boned" havoked chain / rope resource from a mod here that I am just unable to locate right now - I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, if not I'll try searching more

LE: there are some "boned" noose meshes in the working gallows mod, please check them out, linked above

10 hours ago, torrmm said:

15 hours ago, timtim212 said:

Thank you for this mod.

For now i can see npc beeing executed but when i'm in prison nobody come to execute me (i'm alone in prison and set the chance to 100%)

Have you tried setting min time between events to 0, and chance per round to 100% also?

Here my settings: Chance of events in jail is set on 100%

(i tried to wait just like that + waiting hours)

20181026_115223.jpg

I'm having a bug where when they come in the jail and choose me, I am not tethering/following them. I am just standing there and doing nothing, they just stand there and do nothing, and if I move, one follows me and the other walks ahead, but when he steps out the door of the jail, I get a bounty and either A. Guards kill me, or B. The guards arrest me and I'm back in prison again.

6 minutes ago, Harfes said:

I'm having a bug where when they come in the jail and choose me, I am not tethering/following them. I am just standing there and doing nothing, they just stand there and do nothing, and if I move, one follows me and the other walks ahead, but when he steps out the door of the jail, I get a bounty and either A. Guards kill me, or B. The guards arrest me and I'm back in prison again.

Im suffering the same bug unfortunately. Have tried different holds, and with/without mods, still the same. In Markarth they tied my characters hands but failed to go anywhere.

very promising mod!

I like already what I see

wasnt in jail yet myself, but joined the crowd for puplic executions

installed ver 0.0(?) and update to 0.1 on a running game

so far:

ver 0.0

- falkenrath, gallows => prisoner got hanged, but after that the scene got stuck, after days the 2 guards and a floating prisoner are still there

ver 0.1

- whiterun, gallows => execution scene worked, guards moved prisoner in position and activated the gallows => scene was quickly over, lets see how long they stay there

- falkenrath, gallows => the prisoner and the two guards (still the same from the stuck first execution) got killed by a failed hargarven from "skyrim unhinged" => while looting the guards I found out that the guards carry all jail keys of EVERY possible jail! that might come in handy =D

EDIT:

and thx for:

-Added a notification so you can tell when the scene is firing without being right there

19 hours ago, SAC said:

It works, my problem was the time period.

Regarding the hangings, I suggest adding this code - your mod is a bit too evolved for myself to try patching it

Rope = activActor.placeatme(mslNTHangRopeACT)
    Rope.SetPosition(activActor.GetPositionX() as float, activActor.GetPositionY() as float, activActor.GetPositionZ()+200 as float)

ActivActor.SetActorValue("Paralysis",1)        
    ActivActor.PushActorAway(activActor, 0)
    Utility.Wait(0.1)
    game.addHavokBallAndSocketConstraint(ActivActor,"NPC Neck [Neck]",Rope,"Vert05",0,0,16)
    ActivActor.Kill()

I know for sure the code works (I tested it on the resources from this mod), and the result is the NPC getting actually killed and attached to a flexible rope. 

The activator mslNTHangRopeACT is a "boned" havoked chain / rope resource from a mod here that I am just unable to locate right now - I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, if not I'll try searching more

LE: there are some "boned" noose meshes in the working gallows mod, please check them out, linked above

Heretical Resources has been able to do some decent stuff with a script like that, I haven't been able to make the actual activation not look awkward and glitchy though. It doesn't play nice with animations of any kind

7 hours ago, Harfes said:

Does the compass on your UI blink off for a second when they approach you? I'm thinking I had this as a mod conflict in the past where a mod always re-enabled my controls. If you type disableplayercontrols and setplayeraidriven 1 into the console and it still enables your controls that's probably the issue.

16 hours ago, 373977538 said:

AND is this mod conflict with death alternative-captured?

I haven't tested it with that, but it probably doesn't work well if the player is set to essential.

Added Version 0.2:

-A lot of script fixes, mainly dealing with scenes not starting after the first instance

-Some pathing fixes

-Added a MCM button to reset the scenes (use if nothing is starting when it should be, or if the NPCs are stuck. Will stop the scene and restart the whole process including NPC selection

-Added SOME compatibility with POP. See above.

-REQUIRES clean save if upgrading

9 hours ago, Jimi123 said:

yep they are coming in the jail but always pick npcs.. mh strange...

pls add more variations of executions guillitne etc there is a lot of in zap 8+ ^^ thx

I probably will once this version gets somewhere near stable

Well... first issue is decapitation event for NPC - it is not work, 2 guards (one of them with executioner's axe) and prisoner just stay before block and do nothing. Try to reload/make a new game with same options - nothing changes.
The second issue is a "escape from jail"-trigger when guards move you to execution... and standart city guards just kill you...

3 hours ago, torrmm said:

Heretical Resources has been able to do some decent stuff with a script like that, I haven't been able to make the actual activation not look awkward and glitchy though. It doesn't play nice with animations of any kind

First, a question: can you please add a toggle to spawn female victims only?

I took a longer search, I am now attaching a rough mod of my own, based on manoose, that spawns a gallows and hangs whoever you targeted - check out the "basic noose" spell in the esp, and the script. It is not playing animations, just kills them and lets them hanging. Even without animations, I think dead and ragdolling / swinging is better than looping an animation, plus you get the benefit of not having the "victim" just wake up and start fucking someone triggered by a sex mod or whatever :) (just happened to me now, the "dead" prisoner just teleported to my PC and started fucking it)

Manoose even had them animating before killing them, check it out.

Still not sure about the flexible rope, I'll check out heretical resources

A clip of a hanged victim, I made it now (quick and dirty): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xNkIJplIfgMy4kLrvmRK6NTcPCVQij8E/view?usp=sharing

NooseTest2.rar

ok killing npcs is now working fine except in soltiude it seems its gettin behind and under the ground in front of the execution block but its playin, seemd its another execution block than vanilla because of this mod ?

if the pc get choosen and in pop there is no dialouge there is no forced ai controll (leash) and u cant go through doors because ur in pop and if u leave the cell ur "escaped" get a bounty and the next guard will catch u again.. so that isnt working yet

maybe u could add some devices to haning like a hood or devices in general.

In riften they still get bugged under the stairs somehow...cuz there isnt much space... for that fat guards maybe

12 hours ago, torrmm said:

Does the compass on your UI blink off for a second when they approach you? I'm thinking I had this as a mod conflict in the past where a mod always re-enabled my controls. If you type disableplayercontrols and setplayeraidriven 1 into the console and it still enables your controls that's probably the issue.

I haven't tested it with that, but it probably doesn't work well if the player is set to essential.

I wasn't paying attention, but I'll upgrade to your current version and give this a try and see what happens! Will update if problem is solved or remains.

Edit: Now I'm being taken away properly, though on my way out of the jail I'm getting escape bounty and the guards attempt to arrest me. Other than that I'm being properly cuffed and dragged away by the guards.

Alright, i've been testing some more now with 0.2!

- <Setessential 0000007 0> worked quite well, that allowed the guards to drag my PC away in most cases.

- In the case they wouldn't, <disableplayercontrols> and <setplayeraidriven 1> did. (Markarth)

- Speaking of Markarth, the guards have a really hard time pathing out of there. They can only get through the bared iron door when they tp to the other side.

- Beheading scenes crashes my game just as the axe swings down. That's one way to say "u ded" but im not sure thats intentional. Tried this in Solitude and Markarth

- Hanging scenes so far works well. In Falkreath my PC slid down to the ground during the actual hanging tho. Tried Whiterun and Falkreath so far.

So far, great mod! I can tell this will have a permanent place in my load order when it's finished! 

1 hour ago, grenadenpizza said:

- Beheading scenes crashes my game just as the axe swings down. That's one way to say "u ded" but im not sure thats intentional. Tried this in Solitude and Markarth

I doubt it's related to this mod, search for nioverride Decapitation CTD thing.

Hey,

I'm gonna give this one a try together with this other new mod Sewerrats as a replacement for POP

Is there a chance to make them compatible as well?

Not pushing though, I will fully understand if you first want to make it work and get it out of beta :)

It's just intended as a suggestion.

thanks,

Myrr