Bad Ends: Executions [11/2/18]

View File

In an attempt to make a more grimdark Skyrim, the guards will now choose a prisoner at random from the dungeons and publicly execute them.

-Includes all hold capitols except DLC and Winterhold

-Can include the player if they are in jail 

-Can include NPCs put into the jail as long as they aren't a guard. (player must be present in jail at the start of the event)

I've tested this as much as one person can and ironed the biggest issues out but there are definitely going to be problems, so don't use this on an important save. 

-Quest NPCs in jails should be ignored but I may have missed some.

-Changes to towns might mess with civil war questlines, but probably nothing game breaking.

-Small animation things and NPC pathing are buggy, there's no way to completely get rid of that.

Prison Overhaul compatibility

-This is still being tested with POP but seems to work on a basic level.

-Bad Ends scenes will not start while player is in a POP scene.

-Does NOT work with the markarth/winterhold jail added by POP. 

-Seems to work randomly with the altered winterhold jail.

-Load Bad Ends AFTER POP or some scenes the NPCs will not be able to walk. 

MCM

-Reset: Use to reset the scenes (use if nothing is starting when it should be, or if the NPCs are stuck. Will stop the scene and restart the whole process including NPC selection

-Min hour and Max hour: Between these hours, the guards will be able to execute somebody. This will happen whenever player enters a valid town, or according to settings if they're in jail.

-Minimum hours between events: Executioners will hang around for this long before being able to choose another victim. 

-Chance of events in jail: The percent chance that executioners will come into the jail and pick somebody. Only checked if player is inside the jail cell, but will only choose player if they are actually arrested. This is checked every ~3 seconds during the valid hours, so set it very low if you want any decent chance of them not showing up! 

-Chance Player will be chosen: Self explanatory. Player has to have been arrested and in the jail. If there are no other prisoners inside, they player will always get chosen.

Version 0.3 hotfix:

-Removed the test guy I was using to debug follower stuff

Version 0.3:

-Added follower support. Only tested with one vanilla follower. If the player is chosen in prison, they will take the follower too. 

-Added gender toggle (For generated NPCs only)

-Fixed guards trying to arrest player again (Mostly). Still not 100% if you have POP installed. If this keeps happening you can type tdetect into the console before you get taken outside to make them ignore you.

-Changed some stuff around to make scenes run a little more smoothly.

-Added the suggestion by SAC to make sure NPCs don't come back to life. May still look a little weird. 

Version 0.2:

-A lot of script fixes, mainly dealing with scenes not starting after the first instance

-Some pathing fixes

-Added a MCM button to reset the scenes (use if nothing is starting when it should be, or if the NPCs are stuck. Will stop the scene and restart the whole process including NPC selection

-Added SOME compatibility with POP. See above.

Requirements

-Zap 8.0+ and all its requirements. (untested with earlier versions. 7.0 might work, 6.0 probably not.)

-FNIS

Suggested but not required

-Populated city and populated prison mods. I added a few NPCs to jail but not many.

Credits

-T.ara for all the Zap resource pack

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/24/2018
  • Category
  • Requires

• Special Edition Compatible
    No

View File

8 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

Very cool, hope you have good success keeping it updated and making it work as you intend.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, COLOCO said:

Can u make a version without Zap 8.0+.

Without ZAZ at all in fact?

Big animations counts checks!

Probably not, I use several of those animations a lot in this mod

3 hours ago, mangalo said:

Looks like a mod that will end up in my load order soon 

As I use Prison Overhaul Patched I'm a bit scared I'll always be chosen to be executed, though :/

You can always set the chance to 0% or very low

45 minutes ago, Nagib said:

For compatibility, could you consider using random generated NPCs and just the player?

Or it doesn't grab mod added NPCs?

If you're running around town it will generate an NPC, it will only choose an existing one if you're inside the prison. I've added an NPC or two to each jail as well. 

1 hour ago, sacredfire said:

Hmm not working at all for me.  Anyone know of any common conflicting mods?

Where are you waiting for it to start? The process for when the player is in town vs in the jail are different so that would help me narrow it down. 

34 minutes ago, 373977538 said:

My mcm would get default settings after I change the setting of bad ends in a short time,and the guards didn't came to bring up the player. 

After how long? And is it after a save and reload or just after playing continuously for a while?

11 minutes ago, SAC said:

So, I am sitting in front of the Riften gallows and waiting for an event to trigger and nothing happens. Is there anything I need to do? I tried waiting 1h each time, still nothing.

I am not a prisoner.

Are any bystanders showing up and waiting with you? 

Could it be that its too soon between events? Try turning the minimum time between scenes to 0 in MCM.

Also Idk if you're american but make sure you're within the right time period, the MCM setting uses the 24 hr clock time.

Instead of pick up an existing npc, why not make the quest create its own random victim? Like prisoners, necromancers, vampires, bandits, rapists, cannibals, slavers etc.

Like that, same locations without prisons can become available and same if there aren't prisoners in prison the mod can still work.

Guest AthenaESIV

Tried it out, have an issue where 2 guards spawn with a prisoner near the Dragonreach prison entrance but then they just stand there and do not start what I assume is a walk to the gallows.

Maybe a mod conflict but I haven't had problems with any other mods not firing off scenes that I have noticed. Here's hoping it gets a patch that works for me!

5 hours ago, poblivion said:

Will you add more variants of executions?

Maybe eventually, but there aren't many useful animations for it at the moment

5 hours ago, sacredfire said:

I was waiting in the cell as a prisoner.  I tried it bare bones with no other mods except a few essentials and it worked fine.  I have to play the game of which mod breaks this one.

Hmm I can't think of anything that would mess with it off-hand unless there's one that massively changes the prison interior. Let me know if you find it?

4 hours ago, timtim212 said:

Thank you for this mod.

For now i can see npc beeing executed but when i'm in prison nobody come to execute me (i'm alone in prison and set the chance to 100%)

Have you tried setting min time between events to 0, and chance per round to 100% also?

3 hours ago, macomaco said:

Instead of pick up an existing npc, why not make the quest create its own random victim? Like prisoners, necromancers, vampires, bandits, rapists, cannibals, slavers etc.

Like that, same locations without prisons can become available and same if there aren't prisoners in prison the mod can still work.

It does this, if the player is in the town and not in the prison interior it will generate an NPC

Guest AthenaESIV
7 minutes ago, torrmm said:

Maybe eventually, but there aren't many useful animations for it at the moment

What about the vanilla game beheadings on a block?