Mortal Weapons & Armors

Why do clothes get destroyed when my character is about to get assaulted by SL Defeat etc. although i have degredation off ? I disabled it because of the crashes i´ve had with Bikini Armors but now my game still crashes when it destroys them before an assault. Is this supposed to happen ?

40 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Why do clothes get destroyed when my character is about to get assaulted by SL Defeat etc. although i have degredation off ? I disabled it because of the crashes i´ve had with Bikini Armors but now my game still crashes when it destroys them before an assault. Is this supposed to happen ?

MWA has an option to do damage during SL scenes to any unstripped items, and since clothes are so fragile, they tend to fly off right away.

Under MWA > General settings > SL Options   set maximum hits to zero.

27 minutes ago, legraf said:

MWA has an option to do damage during SL scenes to any unstripped items, and since clothes are so fragile, they tend to fly off right away.

Under MWA > General settings > SL Options   set maximum hits to zero.

Oh thanks legraf. I guess i missed that one.

MWA seems to be crashing skyrim (SE) for me, but only in Riverwood and Whiterun (only in exterior areas or in interior/exterior transition). If I disable MWA in MO crashes stop there. I tried to even load MWA with only few basic mods(USSEP, SMIM, SKY UI, Engine and SSE fixes, LAL) and It still happens. I even tried to go back few versions (0.43, 0.44) but the result was same.

In FAQ there is line about ctd and I tried to add all armors "Dropped" in papyrus log and dropping them, but none of them seems to cause that crash. COC movement also works (since it doesnt save) but if I in those locations attempt to save (quick/auto/save in main menu/save by console) crash happens.

Did I do forget to do something? I am out of ideas how to solve this one (other than removing mod from my modlist).

All those tests were done using new game.

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, DFDark said:

MWA seems to be crashing skyrim (SE) for me, but only in Riverwood and Whiterun (only in exterior areas or in interior/exterior transition). If I disable MWA in MO crashes stop there. I tried to even load MWA with only few basic mods(USSEP, SMIM, SKY UI, Engine and SSE fixes, LAL) and It still happens. I even tried to go back few versions (0.43, 0.44) but the result was same.

In FAQ there is line about ctd and I tried to add all armors "Dropped" in papyrus log and dropping them, but none of them seems to cause that crash. COC movement also works (since it doesnt save) but if I in those locations attempt to save (quick/auto/save in main menu/save by console) crash happens.

Did I do forget to do something? I am out of ideas how to solve this one (other than removing mod from my modlist).

All those tests were done using new game.

Papyrus.0.log 377.1 kB · 0 downloads

Just check your papyrusutil is ok. Seems to be a lot of errors coming from it. It's probably not the newest version or is being overwritten by an older version. If you're using MO download the standalone version and move it to the bottom in the LEFT window in MO (make sure it overwrites everything)

At this point you might need a new game entirely because the damage might be done. 

Not directed at you:

I'm going to have to start adding a version check and messagebox spam for this error as it's just too common a problem. 

Edit: And oh, you use SE? There are issues with certain PapyrusUtil operations and armors from mods flagged as ESLs. When papyrusutil does any form operations on an ESL flagged mod it will cause a CTD. It is still safer to merge mods the old fashioned way than to rely on ESL IMO.

I'm just full of questions this week. Does MWA affect backpacks at all? I'm not sure if it's Frostfall or Campfire that adds them (the ones where you can combine them with amulets). I've had these in my game in years past, but this time around I can't equip them. I click on them and nothing happens. I wasn't sure if this was due to MWA, since the mod already prevents me from equipping anything that doesn't fit.

11 minutes ago, emes said:

I'm just full of questions this week. Does MWA affect backpacks at all? I'm not sure if it's Frostfall or Campfire that adds them (the ones where you can combine them with amulets). I've had these in my game in years past, but this time around I can't equip them. I click on them and nothing happens. I wasn't sure if this was due to MWA, since the mod already prevents me from equipping anything that doesn't fit.

Can't remember having any issues with frostfall backpacks. Is it the same kind of 'can't equip'? I mean does it actually equip and then unequip very quickly + a notification OR when you click it nothing happens at all? 

I've had the later problem with backpacks from wet and cold (at least I think they're from W&C) and usually dropping them on the ground and picking them up again fixes them. But I don't think this is an issue from MWA - it doesn't really prevent the act of equipping something - just quickly unequips it. 

43 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Can't remember having any issues with frostfall backpacks. Is it the same kind of 'can't equip'? I mean does it actually equip and then unequip very quickly + a notification OR when you click it nothing happens at all? 

I've had the later problem with backpacks from wet and cold (at least I think they're from W&C) and usually dropping them on the ground and picking them up again fixes them. But I don't think this is an issue from MWA - it doesn't really prevent the act of equipping something - just quickly unequips it. 

I do have W&C, too. I'm not entirely sure where the backpacks are from.

There's no message like there is for clothes and armor, so that's why I wasn't quite sure. The equip/unequip tends to happen pretty quickly, so it

s hard to tell.

MWA is one of the big mod changes from my last build (was using Loot Degradation before), so this was just my best guess at what might have been the culprit. Could be something else...I've merged a hell of a lot of mods this time around. :/

Anyway, other than that little hangup, so far it's been an interesting change. Already got caught off-guard as my girl lost her clothes and wasn't able to just put on something she looted off a body. Made for an interesting trip back into town. (Going to have to remember to bring spares...)

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Just check your papyrusutil is ok. Seems to be a lot of errors coming from it. It's probably not the newest version or is being overwritten by an older version. If you're using MO download the standalone version and move it to the bottom in the LEFT window in MO (make sure it overwrites everything)

At this point you might need a new game entirely because the damage might be done. 

Not directed at you:

I'm going to have to start adding a version check and messagebox spam for this error as it's just too common a problem. 

Edit: And oh, you use SE? There are issues with certain PapyrusUtil operations and armors from mods flagged as ESLs. When papyrusutil does any form operations on an ESL flagged mod it will cause a CTD. It is still safer to merge mods the old fashioned way than to rely on ESL IMO.

That one papyrus log was with the minimal test as mentioned so its possible that I forgot PapyrusUtil (that one is usually somewhere at the bottom of my loading order). Regular papyrus log has somewhat less errors. (Included crash with full modlist)

I'm not sure I understand that edit. Does that mean I should untick ESL based mods in xEdit when creating merged patch?

Papyrus.1.log

53 minutes ago, DFDark said:

That one papyrus log was with the minimal test as mentioned so its possible that I forgot PapyrusUtil (that one is usually somewhere at the bottom of my loading order). Regular papyrus log has somewhat less errors. (Included crash with full modlist)

I'm not sure I understand that edit. Does that mean I should untick ESL based mods in xEdit when creating merged patch?

Papyrus.1.log 536.95 kB · 0 downloads

Well it doesn't look like a bad mesh because there are a good few trace lines after the last object was dropped by MWA (I would have expected it to crash sooner if it was a bad mesh)

So the only thing I can think of is this CTD issue with PapyrusUtil SE - It only affects SE because the ESL flag was only introduced in SE. All I can suggest is use TesEdit to toggle off the ESL flag on all your armor/weapon mods. Anything mod with items MWA might process. 

I've had people with this problem in Milk Addict and SL Survival too. 

Having a bit of an issue with picking up, some, dropped (disarmed) weapons in that they will not be in my inventory when I look. Since this seems to be limited to Dawnguard arsenal mod weapons I'm think the issue is with that the custom weapons are missing something that MW&A needs but I have no idea what. Hoping someone might know and I can fix it in CK or TesVedit.

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Having a bit of an issue with picking up, some, dropped (disarmed) weapons in that they will not be in my inventory when I look. Since this seems to be limited to Dawnguard arsenal mod weapons I'm think the issue is with that the custom weapons are missing something that MW&A needs but I have no idea what. Hoping someone might know and I can fix it in CK or TesVedit.

Hmm. I use that mod. Never had any problems. Though my version is a couple of versions behind.

41 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Hmm. I use that mod. Never had any problems. Though my version is a couple of versions behind.

Odd, I was having with the BattleAxe and Greatsword. Added the battleaxe to Immune list for now, since I don't use weapon degradation anyway, I'll see if that fixes it.

On 12/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, Monoman1 said:

The fact that it's not appearing on weapons kind of makes it seem like it's not MWA because as far as I remember everything in MWA is pretty much treated the same whether weapons or armors (weapons can be cursed too for example)

Yours is the only mod added to my load order and I do not play with cursed items on.  I suppose it is possibly not playing nice with one of my other mods...

Para

9 hours ago, emes said:

I do have W&C, too. I'm not entirely sure where the backpacks are from.

There's no message like there is for clothes and armor, so that's why I wasn't quite sure. The equip/unequip tends to happen pretty quickly, so it

s hard to tell.

MWA is one of the big mod changes from my last build (was using Loot Degradation before), so this was just my best guess at what might have been the culprit. Could be something else...I've merged a hell of a lot of mods this time around. :/

Anyway, other than that little hangup, so far it's been an interesting change. Already got caught off-guard as my girl lost her clothes and wasn't able to just put on something she looted off a body. Made for an interesting trip back into town. (Going to have to remember to bring spares...)

The backpacks are from Campfire (the one used with Frostfall).  I too have that mod and have noticed the same thing in that I can no longer equip backpacks from looted bodies.  There is no message from MWA about it, the backpack doesn't ever actually equip.  It is like clicking on a non-active inventory item like an iron ore, nothing happens.  The backpacks that are added to inventory from console commands work just fine though.  Makes for an easy workaround.

Para

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

How do you safely remove an item from your inventory without causing bloat? removeitem doesn't work because the names get changes, and adding immunity doesn't work anymore for some reason. Is it safe to drop it in the additemmenu list?

Just get rid of it as you normally would. MWA runs a cleanup on game load that purges aliases, you can also trigger the cleanup in the MCM menu

10 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Just get rid of it as you normally would. MWA runs a cleanup on game load that purges aliases, you can also trigger the cleanup in the MCM menu

The removeitem command actually works. I hadn't tried it since last update so something must have changed, or I tried removing the broken version by mistake the first time I tried it and thought it didn't work.

On 12/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, Monoman1 said:

So the only thing I can think of is this CTD issue with PapyrusUtil SE - It only affects SE because the ESL flag was only introduced in SE. All I can suggest is use TesEdit to toggle off the ESL flag on all your armor/weapon mods. Anything mod with items MWA might process. 

I've had people with this problem in Milk Addict and SL Survival too.

I don't use SE, but I'm curious - is this a different problem to what PapyrusUtil SE 3.8 was meant to fix? "Fixed handling of forms from ESL files" in the changelog and "Aside from the version updates, this update also now enables JsonUtil and StorageUtil to properly handle forms from .esl mods." in the stickied comment sound like it might be a different issue.

1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

I don't use SE, but I'm curious - is this a different problem to what PapyrusUtil SE 3.8 was meant to fix? "Fixed handling of forms from ESL files" in the changelog and "Aside from the version updates, this update also now enables JsonUtil and StorageUtil to properly handle forms from .esl mods." in the stickied comment sound like it might be a different issue.

@DFDark

Yup that's exactly the problem I reported. So hopefully all you need to do is update papyrusutil and make sure the newest version overwrites everything. 

Hi there ?

I am having some issues. MWA is not degrading weapons or armor. Other functions like fit are working but not the degradation stuff. 

I have tried a few things like starting a new game and reinstalling MWA changing its location in the load order... but nothing seems to kick start it into working. For a while the degrade on SL rape feature was working but that doesn't seem to work anymore either.

here is a papyrus to look at... maybe that will help diagnose 

Papyrus.0.log

2 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Hi there ?

I am having some issues. MWA is not degrading weapons or armor. Other functions like fit are working but not the degradation stuff. 

I have tried a few things like starting a new game and reinstalling MWA changing its location in the load order... but nothing seems to kick start it into working. For a while the degrade on SL rape feature was working but that doesn't seem to work anymore either.

here is a papyrus to look at... maybe that will help diagnose 

Papyrus.0.log 246.8 kB · 1 download

Hmm. Just check the equip list is accurate. In not drop everything on the ground and pick it back up again. 

On 12/30/2019 at 9:34 PM, Monoman1 said:

@DFDark

Yup that's exactly the problem I reported. So hopefully all you need to do is update papyrusutil and make sure the newest version overwrites everything. 

Okay, Now I have done crazy amount of testing and I'm fairly certain. By enabling only the most minimal mod setting for MWA:

Spoiler

USSEP

Fuz Ro D'Oh

SkyUI

FNIS (Just to be sure)

LAL

PapyrusUtil

Mortal Weapons and Armor

I know that my PapyrusUtil is correct one, since in this setup saving works as it should. From this point there has to be some kind of conflict between mods. Further adding Engine Fixes 4.12 proved that as saving started crashing again (Binary search ftw.!!). Fun kind of starts here, because those 2 mods should have no conflict. Each one of them works fine when on it's own, only when together they start crashing. I tried to fiddle with EngineFixes.ini, but to no avail. Then I tried v4.11 and suddenly all is working again. 

On the changelog of SSE Engine Fixes is:

Add a fix for the condition function "GetKeywordItemCount" which returns the wrong values in some situations.

Could this be the culprit?

Also I have tried to teleport between each hold (console coc command) and only 2 holds where this occurs is whiterun and riverwood (and all the dungeons in their vicinity). I don't know however what makes those 2 locations special

11 hours ago, DFDark said:

Okay, Now I have done crazy amount of testing and I'm fairly certain. By enabling only the most minimal mod setting for MWA:

Reveal hidden contents

USSEP

Fuz Ro D'Oh

SkyUI

FNIS (Just to be sure)

LAL

PapyrusUtil

Mortal Weapons and Armor

I know that my PapyrusUtil is correct one, since in this setup saving works as it should. From this point there has to be some kind of conflict between mods. Further adding Engine Fixes 4.12 proved that as saving started crashing again (Binary search ftw.!!). Fun kind of starts here, because those 2 mods should have no conflict. Each one of them works fine when on it's own, only when together they start crashing. I tried to fiddle with EngineFixes.ini, but to no avail. Then I tried v4.11 and suddenly all is working again. 

On the changelog of SSE Engine Fixes is:

Add a fix for the condition function "GetKeywordItemCount" which returns the wrong values in some situations.

Could this be the culprit?

Also I have tried to teleport between each hold (console coc command) and only 2 holds where this occurs is whiterun and riverwood (and all the dungeons in their vicinity). I don't know however what makes those 2 locations special

Pfff, fuck that's odd. I have to say, Bethesda has s lot to answer for for releasing two different versions on pc. Should have just been 64 bit from the beginning. Fucking consoles. (Or the cynic in me nowadays thinks the console excuse was just an excuse and greed was the real reason). 

Getkeyworditemcount is definitely used in one of my mods but I thought it was survival tbh. Used to check how many body clothes items you have when begging. Cant check right now as I'm in work.