Mortal Weapons & Armors

6 hours ago, Barzing said:

Hi, is it a straight upgrade ?

Yep. 

8 hours ago, Ikwydls said:

When i try to change the maximum durability of items only items that had not been initialised by the mod have the new durability. Resetting worn durabilities and the "use this if items are having weird maximum durabilities" option dont seem to work, only the original durability is reset to maximum. Also disabling the mod in the mcm doesnt stop it. Anyone else had these bugs or am i missing something? 

Seems to work for me. Before: 

Spoiler

1.jpg.ba362a6697b4ecf5712d66b89c4cc463.jpg

After:

Spoiler

2.jpg.b2acd1af38d4dcf87a411d24a8201adb.jpg

As for turning off the mod completely. That toggle is sort of left over from a previous version. It does turn a lot of things off but probably not everything at this point. 

On 10/18/2019 at 2:46 AM, Monoman1 said:

Yea, might be a bad mesh. 

Search your papyrus log for 'MWA_' and check the last few lines. It'll probably be the last armor dropped: '_MWA_: Dropping xxxxxxxx'

To test, give yourself the armor in game and drop it from your inventory. If either A) the game CTDs or B) the mesh 'floats' then you've got your problem armor. 

It was just some pieces of Bikini Armors. It only happens with them really.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

How I got a negative payment for repairing various bikini items I'm not sure.

What the fuck... lol. Did he pay you? Don't think I've ever seen that. Were you maybe add/removing things really quickly? Or maybe closed the window before the calc had finished possibly. 

I think you've officially taken Bushi's 'breaker of stuff' title :P

Hi! I absolutely love this mod (I guess it's not in the nexus cause of the sexlab integration), but I have a couple questions:

1) Is it normal that every time you swing a weapon, it reduces 1 durability? And I mean, swing in the air.

The game has hitbox detection, so I don't know if its a bug of mine, or you actually can't make it other way.

Would it be possible to configure the mod so the weapons not lose 1 durability per hit? I've tried tinkering with the MCM but I don't see the difference.

2) Any physical contact with anything damages my equipment (I just started a character so everything he wears is feeble clothing), be it a carrot, a dropped item or such.

Also sexlab's mods animations produce damage to my clothing. I dunno if it's coded like that (I don't mean raping, even consensus) or it's because when two actors position before the animation starts they collide and that counts.

I have SL mods like MagnaCumGaudio,, Flower girls sex, TDF Prostitution.

Alas, a favorite, rolled into my pack of immersion mods as soon as I discovered it!

19 minutes ago, soclopio said:

Hi! I absolutely love this mod (I guess it's not in the nexus cause of the sexlab integration), but I have a couple questions:

It's not on the nexus because I'm still not happy enough with it yet. When I get tempering in and fix some more bugs, maybe then. 

+ generally speaking the level of modding knowledge is higher here I think. Many people here do their own tinkering with mods. 

1) Is it normal that every time you swing a weapon, it reduces 1 durability? And I mean, swing in the air.

Yes. That's normal. Basically, it's lighter script wise. I could do it on hit but then I'd have to cast cloaks and run OnHit() on every actor in the area. It's just not worth it I think. The only reason you're noticing it really is you just installed the mod and are checking things out. Put it out of your mind and play normally. You don't go around swinging weapons at the air normally :)

Would it be possible to configure the mod so the weapons not lose 1 durability per hit? I've tried tinkering with the MCM but I don't see the difference.

Not sure I follow. You want it to degrade less than one? I presume you don't mean zero as that would be pointless. 

You can't. Durability is an Integer but you can increase the base durability in the Mcm. Just keep in mind that tempering protects durability so get things tempered or cast mage armor if you're a clothes wearing mage. 

2) Any physical contact with anything damages my equipment (I just started a character so everything he wears is feeble clothing), be it a carrot, a dropped item or such.

Haven't noticed this myself. The physics in skyrim aint exactly going to win any awards. Try not to step on carrots :P

Or potentially it just coincidentally happened at the same time as a degrade over time update happened. 

Also sexlab's mods animations produce damage to my clothing. I dunno if it's coded like that (I don't mean raping, even consensus) or it's because when two actors position before the animation starts they collide and that counts.

Are we talking about a male PC here raping an Npc?

Damage on rape is coded in alright but the script checks that the player is the victim: 

If SexlabInterface.GetIsVictim(tid, PlayerRef)

So maybe the mod calling the animation is tagging the victim incorrectly....

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It's not on the nexus because I'm still not happy enough with it yet. When I get tempering in and fix some more bugs, maybe then. 

+ generally speaking the level of modding knowledge is higher here I think. Many people here do their own tinkering with mods. 

Yes. That's normal. Basically, it's lighter script wise. I could do it on hit but then I'd have to cast cloaks and run OnHit() on every actor in the area. It's just not worth it I think. The only reason you're noticing it really is you just installed the mod and are checking things out. Put it out of your mind and play normally. You don't go around swinging weapons at the air normally :)

Not sure I follow. You want it to degrade less than one? I presume you don't mean zero as that would be pointless. 

You can't. Durability is an Integer but you can increase the base durability in the Mcm. Just keep in mind that tempering protects durability so get things tempered or cast mage armor if you're a clothes wearing mage. 

Haven't noticed this myself. The physics in skyrim aint exactly going to win any awards. Try not to step on carrots :P

Or potentially it just coincidentally happened at the same time as a degrade over time update happened. 

Are we talking about a male PC here raping an Npc?

Damage on rape is coded in alright but the script checks that the player is the victim: 

If SexlabInterface.GetIsVictim(tid, PlayerRef)

So maybe the mod calling the animation is tagging the victim incorrectly....

Wow, thanks for the fast an thorough response!

On point 1) I'm just trying to understand how the mod works, hence the asking. I figured the durability loss on air swinging would be a script thing, just wanted official confirmation (and you're right, nobody goes around cutting through air). And yea, wanted the weapons to degrade 0,5 dur. actually, as 25 swings to destroy a steel sword feels a lot like Breath of the Wild to me xD. Guess I'll just increase the base durability of the weapons further up.

And on point 2) I'll try to find out a reproduceable way to demonstrate what I say, but it's something about collision with objects. I used a carrot as example, but it's any solid object actually.

The sexlab thingy I'll try to find a reproduceable way aswell, because surely I got a conflict mess there. The example that I got was with MagnaCumGaudio, when someone (damn delphine, you are already married!) approaches you for sex, I think that counts as consensual.

3) What does the tempering do in regards of your mod? It adds a second durability bar? Like, when you "break" the tempered state, goes back to full untemper durability, or it's just a way of repairing things by yourself?

To wrap up, this things I just wanted to know how the mod works, and it's okay that they are fucking me up (pun intended), I'm a newbie poor mage who relies on poor 8 durability clothes, and weak ass looted weapons for the time being!

1 hour ago, soclopio said:

On point 1) I'm just trying to understand how the mod works, hence the asking. I figured the durability loss on air swinging would be a script thing, just wanted official confirmation (and you're right, nobody goes around cutting through air). And yea, wanted the weapons to degrade 0,5 dur. actually, as 25 swings to destroy a steel sword feels a lot like Breath of the Wild to me xD. Guess I'll just increase the base durability of the weapons further up.

Untempered stuff isn't really meant to be used unless you're stuck. 

3) What does the tempering do in regards of your mod? It adds a second durability bar? Like, when you "break" the tempered state, goes back to full untemper durability, or it's just a way of repairing things by yourself?

No, no fancy bars. It's just the usual fine, superior etc. But durability won't decrease when there's any kind of tempering. 

Completely destroyed stuff needs to be repaired by a blacksmith/tailor. 

Can I disable the mod, load a save, check a copule of things and then re-enable it without problems?

I have a bug in my inventory (player doesn't store weapons) and want to check if this mod is related.

I think the bug appeared when I went to sell quite some items after a dungeon.
It involved the portable knapsack storage (from campfire, or hunterborn?) and after selling the items I can't store any weapons.

Not crafted (other items work fine), nor via additemmenu. I dropped a weapon of my inventory, and picked back, banished.

Can I disable the mod, load a save, check a copule of things and then re-enable it without problems?

I have a bug in my inventory (player doesn't store weapons) and want to check if this mod is related.

I think the bug appeared when I went to sell quite some items after a dungeon.
It involved the portable knapsack storage (from campfire, or hunterborn?) and after selling the items I can't store any weapons.

Not crafted (other items work fine), nor via additemmenu. I dropped a weapon of my inventory, and picked back, banished.

If you mean the toggle in the Mcm. I can't recommend it. 

if I were you I'd just create a manual save, disable the esp, check things out and go back to your save later. 

Really enjoying MWA, though I had to turn the damage effects way down so I wasn't tossing weapons aside as casually as Blood Rayne.  I had been toying with installing Naked Dungeons just for the equipment damage, and now along comes MWA and I have something better, thanks!

One very small thing - when tempering armor (and so also re-sizing it, since I have that option on), the item name doesn't change until one wears it.  I went through a whole mess of boots before I finally tried a pair on again!  Could this be updated immediately on refitting (as it adds the "fine" or other tempering keyword already)?

1 hour ago, legraf said:

Really enjoying MWA, though I had to turn the damage effects way down so I wasn't tossing weapons aside as casually as Blood Rayne.  I had been toying with installing Naked Dungeons just for the equipment damage, and now along comes MWA and I have something better, thanks!

One very small thing - when tempering armor (and so also re-sizing it, since I have that option on), the item name doesn't change until one wears it.  I went through a whole mess of boots before I finally tried a pair on again!  Could this be updated immediately on refitting (as it adds the "fine" or other tempering keyword already)?

Mmm, just off the top of my head I think this is something you just have to put up with. When you temper something there is absolutely no way to tell which item you actually tempered (if it isn't equipped). So what MWA does is remember the objects health when it was last run through the system and check it again when you equip it. If the item health has increased then it must have been tempered. 

The only tempering event bethesda gave us causes the game to CTD if the line is even present in a script....

Or maybe it was an unfinished SKSE thing. Either way, not much I can do. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Mmm, just off the top of my head I think this is something you just have to put up with.

Woe, woe, my life is a misery, etc. etc.

Somehow I'll pull through.  Thanks for the quick and informative response!  I appreciate the glimpse under the hood.

Think of it as: you find armor, it's broken/doesn't fit, you tinker with it to repair/adjust it, then you have to put it on to see how well the patching/adjusting worked. ?. And oooh, what a lovely place to insert a chance for cursed armor.  ooh, Mortal (Cursed) Weapons and Armors! ?

18 hours ago, Bound said:

Think of it as: you find armor, it's broken/doesn't fit, you tinker with it to repair/adjust it, then you have to put it on to see how well the patching/adjusting worked. ?. And oooh, what a lovely place to insert a chance for cursed armor.  ooh, Mortal (Cursed) Weapons and Armors! ?

Define cursed weapons and armors? 

If you mean transforming an armor into a devious device when it's equipped then that would sort of be possible. 

JimmyJimJim had a mod something like this but the problem was that it ran on the base form. Which meant that every time you equipped the SAME armor it had a chance to change into a devious device. MWA tracks objects individually so it could set a single object as cursed or not cursed. 

The problem is that MWAs tracking is limited. It doesn't track every object forever. Objects move into and out of the system. So an armor that was previously not cursed and you decided to put in storage in your home for a while and then came back some time later to equip it then if it had passed through the mods systems it would again have another chance to become cursed which would exactly be right. But certainly better than running on the base form. 

On 10/25/2019 at 9:41 AM, Bound said:

That's a lovely rationalization!  Works for me.

6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

If you mean transforming an armor into a devious device when it's equipped then that would sort of be possible. 

The problem is that MWAs tracking is limited...

It's a fun idea, like the Devious Masque of Clavicus Vile.  My first thought was that you could declare objects taken from a player-owned container as always uncursed, but that makes it too easy to make everything safe - just put it in a container and take it out again.  I don't see an easy, non-clunky way to track things reliably.  For tracked items you can use a flag, initially cleared, set when worn (at which point the "curse" check was made).  From then on that object is safe until it's put away and the system loses track of it.

However, if you like Bound's idea enough to consider it, I think it would be fun, and would gladly put up with the "but this wasn't cursed last week" issue with untracked items.  For one thing, the (configurable) chance of a curse would presumably be very low so these would be rare hiccups.  For another, the character has any number of enemes, perhaps they managed to attune to some item and get a curse on it through some ritual.  For yet another, perhaps the curse was there all along, but time-delayed or triggered by some other unknown factor.

I'm having a problem where no matter the settings food ALWAYS get removed from npcs.

I love the mod, but this is being a pain with RND...

I don't even know why this is an option... Killing a deer and not being able to get venison? 

Rabits drop nothing in my game atm, and it changes nothing if I disble de remove food option...

9 minutes ago, vhungria said:

I'm having a problem where no matter the settings food ALWAYS get removed from npcs.

I love the mod, but this is being a pain with RND...

I don't even know why this is an option... Killing a deer and not being able to get venison? 

Rabits drop nothing in my game atm, and it changes nothing if I disble de remove food option...

I want to add to this comment as I am suffering from the same problem. The toggle for food removal doesn't seem to work properly and *always* removes food from wherever food can be found, containers and corpses, regardless of the checkbox or not. Sometimes there are exceptions, and these are usually the already laid out food on tables and such, which might or might not be the intentional result?

I'd still like all food to be left untouched as I am trying to run this with some realistic needs mods, and it helps to not have food wrestled away from me when I always need it. I swear, sometimes I get a split second to watch the food disappear in front of me when I really need it, as I am peeking into something, and it's a pretty funny situation when it happens.

I've only really heard of this mod's behavior as a series of scans for food every so often, but I still don't really understand what the removal of food has to do with equipment durability in the first place, and why it has to be part of it at all. Does this feature have to be bedded into this mod, on by default, or could it possibly be it's own mod instead, when the weapon mortality is the main focus here? Is there a way for me to forcefully edit this feature to a halt instead of ticking a box?

Despite the struggles with food removal, I do like this mod. The sound effects for clothes being ripped are really flashy, and the customization on ranges of durability also helps a ton. I just wish for the food to remain untouched so that I don't have to worry about missing out on resources all the time, and possibly save on some performance as well.

I know that iNeed has a similar food-removal feature as well, but then it's actually featured as a off-by-default option, and once you've turned it on, there's no getting the food back again. Never mind the permanent changes. I'd just really like it to be a feature that is off by default.

Well, the cursed loot idea was only half serious, because yeah, implementation problems as I've heard it's difficult in Skyrim to both track unique object IDs and "hide" from the user the uniqueness of a cursed/special item in a stack of otherwise similar items.

That said, I was more thinking of the classic RPG style cursed item which has some malus effect and which cannot be unworn/unequipped until the curse is removed. But that would then require implementing a whole curse and removal subsystem, so yeah, maybe not such a great idea. ☺️

I do like the transform into a devious item idea better, if it could somehow be limited to only triggering on items which have been tempered/resized by the player.

One thing I'm wondering about is how does your mod cooperate with Signature Equipment? (Link)

So far it seems like both Loot & Degradation as well as Equipment Durability System have somewhat of a tug of war with it. Since all three make use of Skyrim's own item quality system, it doesn't really go anywhere or at least it feels kinda pointless.

It would be nice to have an option to have both features, just tracked separately. So you can improve the tier of your items through use or tempering, but still have to repair them outside of that.

Outside of that, are there any known issues with using MWA with stuff like Perkus Maximus, WAFR, or other mods?