Mortal Weapons & Armors

Download

Mortal Weapons & Armor

This mod is basically unsupported. Use at your own risk.

Required setting for Devious Devices.

Devious Devices: ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED SETTING!!!: Devious Devices device hider DISABLED!!! The hider interferes with WornObject() functions which completely breaks MWAs ability to detect which ObjectReference is in which slot. Other than that MWA is fine with DD. See pic for exactly what setting I mean:

265755892_DDHider.thumb.jpg.cc7e15b626c9e216254ba9ed75471bee.jpg

Description

Adds a more traditional RPG style durability and degradation system to weapons and armors. Items degrade as they take/give hits until eventually they break. This makes preparation for fighting more important. Going into combat with untempered weapons and armors could very well end badly for you. Armors and weapons dropped by dead bandits (etc) will be badly damaged from their death so you can't really rely on just looting to survive. Bring your destroyed or damaged weapons and armor to a smith or tailor to have them repaired. 

Check out this video for an idea of what it's about. Note that this video was a test of warhammers & frost magic doing extra damage to heavy armor. And degradation was cranked up to the maximum. Weapon damage has also changed since. Now blocking heavy weapons with light weapons will damage them more quickly these days. 

Features

• Armor and weapon degradation, durability & repair system. 
  • All slots supported. Everything breaks (within reason) and can be repaired by smiths and the added tailors
  • Better quality materials have a higher durability (on average) and a higher degradation resistance (degradation resistance is hidden. Top tier weapons and armors like daedric and dragon ignore 50% of degradation damage. Shields have an added 25% extra degrade resistance due to their role)
  • Armor/Clothing suitability. Items dropped by dead NPCs must match your gender and/or weight for it to fit you. Smiths/Tailors can refit armor/clothing for you. 
  • Weapon and magic specialization. Different weapon/magic types do more damage to certain armor types. Includes Unrelenting Force shout. 
  • Creature damage scales with their health. The more powerful the creature the more it'll shred your armor. 
  • Damage to everything you're wearing on rape to simulate your armor being ripped off. 
  • Enable damage for every object type (if you so wish) - Jewelry, Daedric artifacts. 
  • Tempering restores item durability. Tempering also refits armor to suit your characters gender/weight (option needs to be enabled).
  • Broken object drops encourage decision making. Fight or flee and risk losing your weapon/armor.
  • Item drop and recovery system ensures you'll be able to get your dropped stuff back. No unfair dropping through the floor (stupid skyrim). Dropping can be disabled.  
  • Mage armor spells protect clothes and armor. Higher level spells offer better protection. 
  • Degradation over time.
  • Highly configurable. 
  • Requiem compatible. 
  • Import/Export settings and item immunity is carried through to new games. 
  • Option to reduce/remove food from Npcs and containers if you prefer scarcity. 
  • Option to reduce/remove lockpicks from Npcs and containers and set the value of lockpicks via the Mcm. 
  • Cursed objects that turn into Devious Devices. You can bring your cursed items to a priest to have them sanctified. 

Still To be added

• Blacksmith tempering
  • An option to disable smiths/tailors abilities to repair clothes/armor in towns without walls, for er... reasons ;)
  • Sounds! If you can think of mod that would make a good source of sounds (and the author would be willing to share) for MWA let me know. I'm looking to add sounds when objects:

1. Degrade one temper level
2. Hit certain percentages of their durability.

I'll need different sounds for clothes, light armor and heavy armor.

Requirements:

PapyrusUtil - Make sure you have the latest version and that it's not overwritten by another mod that includes an out-of-date version.
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch - Not a hard requirement but without it when NPCs die their weapon/shield become detached from the body and will cause them not to get initialized with a low durability.  

Compatibility

Should be compatible with any mod that adds the SexlabNoStrip keyword to armors. Anything with this keyword will be ignored.

Milk Addict:

- MA will disable it's tailors if MWA is detected
- Obtaining an object reference will be offloaded to MWA if it's installed. No dropping on equip any more :)
- Object destruction offloaded to MWA if installed. More robust.
- Extended slutiness menu to cover armor. The more slutty your armor the bigger your tits can get before your armor is unequipped. If MWA is installed armor can always be equipped but it will take damage just like clothes ripping. Armor will take increased damage based on how un-slutty the armor is and how big your tits are. 

Loot and Degradation:

Required setting: Set 'Player Degradation Rate' to zero. Recommended setting: set 'Tempered Leveled Tiers' to 0. 

Configuring.

MWA has some keywords to help you configure the expected behavior of armors and their fit. 

_MWA_AlwaysFits - Items with this keyword will always fit the player. Examples: Quest items that should fit you - Radiant Raiment's outfit to see the Jarl. The embassy party outfit (Both of these are done by default. Other example: Whore clothes given to you by innkeepers.

_MWA_FemaleFitOnly - Objects with this keyword will be fit to female only. Useful for most mod added armors that only really apply to females - Dresses, bikinis, heels etc. The bikini armor keyword from SL Survival will also fit the item to females - So there's no need to add both.

_MWA_Immune - MWA will ignore objects with this keyword. You can also add items in game to the immune list but this keyword can also be used as an option should you wish. 

How do I add these keywords? Survival has a guide on adding it's own keyword to armors. The process is exactly the same except you use one of the keywords above instead: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99955-sexlab-survival/?do=findComment&comment=2251507

FAQ

Q: How do I repair destroyed objects?

A: Bring armors/weapons to a smith or clothing to a tailor. Select "I am in need of your services". Select "I have badly damaged gear that could use your skill". A container menu will open. Dump your broken stuff into the container. When finished just exit the menu and you'll be prompted to pay the price.

Q: I'm getting a consistent CTD when changing cells or adding a specific item to my inventory...?

A: I've had a couple of these myself and traced the cause to a bad world mesh for an armor. Check the last lines of your log for lines beginning with '_MWA_:' and see if you can find the name of the last object to be dropped by MWA. This should narrow down the problem armor for you. Then to test you could add the item in question via the console and drop it from your inventory to see if it causes a crash. There are only really two options to fix this either A) fix the nif itself, which I can't help with as I know nothing about meshes or B) replace the world model with something you know works via TesEdit. I usually just replace dodgy meshes with vanilla leather boots etc. This has the disadvantage that items won't look right in the inventory view or when dropped on the ground but it's the easiest solution. 

Q. I get the message 'I simply can not carry any more' and my item drops on the ground.

A. Either open the mcm and run the 'Alias cleanup routine' or simply save your game and reload the save to run the alias clean up routine automatically. 

Q. Durability is not decreasing/is decreasing too quickly. 

A. It's important to understand that tempering protects durability. That is to say an items durability won't decrease if the item is tempered to any quality. Once the item becomes untempered it will start to take durability damage. Once durability runs out the object will break. So this means that tempering is very important for weapons and armors. 

Caveats

MWA has limited capacity to track your broken stuff. Broken objects are held in aliases and there are currently 40 (should be enough. I'll add more if need be). Once all aliases are filled, old aliases will be recycled. Aliases will be prioritized for recycling if:
1. The object is NOT in your inventory
2. The object is NOT in the inventory of your follower (CurrentFollowerFaction)
3. The object is NOT in a container in a player home. (Player home keyword check)
4. If all else fails the 'oldest' alias will be used. Oldest = the last time the object was in any of the above 3

Broken stuff not in an alias may still be recoverable if the object reference has not been destroyed by Skyrim but I wouldn't count on it. Skyrim seems pretty aggressive at destroying object references.

Known issues

Due to the way the mod works it has a couple of quirks. 

1. Don't spam craft the same item over and over. 

2. Try not to take massive amounts of objects from a container in a single go. 

Comparison with Loot and Degradtion

Spoiler

I've been a long time user (and lover) of L&D. Here are the differences you need to know. 

Pros for MWA:
Supports all slots, not just body, head, hands, feet. Everything breaks (Bikini armors). 
Items won't break until their durability runs out meaning they can survive some hits when untempered. It's not all random chance.
Destroyed items can be repaired by blacksmiths/tailors at a cost.
Corpses are initialized with a random low durability from the damage they took at their demise. 
A more scaled approach to mage armor where higher level spells are actually more useful. 
Is more configurable (I feel at least). 

Cons for MWA:
Doesn't support followers. And I don't expect it to ever support followers. I've no interest as there'd just be too much micro management
Doesn't add enchanted loot. (I am possibly interested in adding something similar)
Doesn't yet distribute tempered equipment to NPCs

Is largely unproven!

Tailor Locations

Riverwood - Riverwood Trader - Yrsa
Whiterun - Belethors Goods - Ellie
Solitude - Radiant Raiment - Salvia
Falkreath - Gray Pine Goods - Eridir
Markarth - Arnleif & Sons Trading - Verania
Windhelm - The White Phial - Ildynea
Winterhold - Birnas Oddments - Githaril
Riften - Haelgas Bunkhouse - Ahdani

Credits

twistedtrebla - Sounds

VaderHater - Sounds

Chesko - A mesh from Frostfall

I'm still waiting on a reply from twistedtrebla and Chesko on permissions. I'm fairly confident though that there shouldn't be any problems. twistedtrebla should be ok because VaderHaters mod is linked in his page and the mesh from frostfall is a modified vanilla mesh. But if there's any issue, just message me. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/09/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    PapyrusUtil & Unofficial Skyrim Patch
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

View File

Edited by Monoman1

Nope only works for the player. 

Trying to do the same for npcs may cause your papyrus vm to burst into flames. 

I might see if I can add a (optional) very simplified version for npcs later. 

Edit: wouldn't most npcs be dead before their armor broke though? 

34 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Nope only works for the player. 

Trying to do the same for npcs may cause your papyrus vm to burst into flames. 

I might see if I can add a (optional) very simplified version for npcs later. 

Oh please do that, that's something that's really missing in the modding scene, and I'm sure that more than a few are looking for that feature, especially in this community.

Oh hey, this is pretty cool!

I actually worked on something similar to this and had a lot of problems with the tracking aswell. I eventually stumbled upon the UID functions of NetImmerse Override though, they are actually pretty cool and you might want to look into them.

8AUDRd1.png.bf1acf57ff545f4f6a98ebfd0b95f161.png

Almost everyone has it installed already due to it being bundled with RaceMenu, so that's another plus.

8 minutes ago, MayDayCray said:

Hey Mono. I don't know if it's my end but damaged equipment looks to fetch the same price as undamaged equipment. 

Ya I don't think that it'll be possible to change the price of damaged stuff as it would change the price of every thing of the same type. 

11 minutes ago, MayDayCray said:

Also, are corpses supposed to undress them selves

They should very briefly and quickly reequip. It looks like a flicker on my setup. This again is to get an object reference. 

1 hour ago, Pigeon the Feathered said:

Oh hey, this is pretty cool!

I actually worked on something similar to this and had a lot of problems with the tracking aswell. I eventually stumbled upon the UID functions of NetImmerse Override though, they are actually pretty cool and you might want to look into them.

Can you be a bit more specific? I looked through it's code a while back for something else but don't remember anything that could help. But thanks anyway. I'll check it out when I can.

Is there also a limited number of items that can have the durability numbers assigned to them at one time? When I tested it out, I noticed that eventually the previous items would lose their durability status numbers when I equipped a weapon/armor piece. Using SkyUI, and noticed the loss of durability status in my favorites menu, when changing load-outs/gear. Besides that, I like the mod so far, it's pretty user friendly, and well organized. I will say it would be nice to be able to choose to have armor/clothing degrade, and not weapons, or vice versa. That would be a nice optional feature if possible, I think. Good work either way.

6 hours ago, JetBlackRaven said:

Is there also a limited number of items that can have the durability numbers assigned to them at one time? When I tested it out, I noticed that eventually the previous items would lose their durability status numbers when I equipped a weapon/armor piece. Using SkyUI, and noticed the loss of durability status in my favorites menu, when changing load-outs/gear. Besides that, I like the mod so far, it's pretty user friendly, and well organized. I will say it would be nice to be able to choose to have armor/clothing degrade, and not weapons, or vice versa. That would be a nice optional feature if possible, I think. Good work either way.

Yep, there's a limit of 40 too. Again older aliases should be recycled when they're all filled based on the same rules for broken stuff. What you saw could just have been a display bug. If you notice the item being dropped and being re-equipped then it is definitely getting initialized again. Even if the item has it's alias recycled the information MWA needs is actually attached to the object reference itself. So if Skyrim hasn't destroyed the object reference it should still come back with it's old durability. 

MWA has 3 different tracking quests. 

1. The armor you use: _MWA_ArmorTrack - 40

2. Your broken stuff: _MWA_BrokenTrack - 40

3. Npc loot: _MWA_NpcLootTrack - 80

You can type 'sqv <Quest name>' to see how full the aliases are and what exactly they're pointing to. 

I can increase all of these. Both broken track and npc loot track shouldn't give any problems really. In fact I meant to increase Npc track to about 200 since there's no processing done on them at all but armor track is a problem. When you equip something you expect it to be done within a certain amount of time. The more aliases I add the longer this time will get so it's a bit of a balancing issue. 

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yep, there's a limit of 40 too. Again older aliases should be recycled when they're all filled based on the same rules for broken stuff. What you saw could just have been a display bug. If you notice the item being dropped and being re-equipped then it is definitely getting initialized again. Even if the item has it's alias recycled the information MWA needs is actually attached to the object reference itself. So if Skyrim hasn't destroyed the object reference it should still come back with it's old durability. 

MWA has 3 different tracking quests. 

1. The armor you use: _MWA_ArmorTrack - 40

2. Your broken stuff: _MWA_BrokenTrack - 40

3. Npc loot: _MWA_NpcLootTrack - 80

You can type 'sqv <Quest name>' to see how full the aliases are and what exactly they're pointing to. 

I can increase all of these. Both broken track and npc loot track shouldn't give any problems really. In fact I meant to increase Npc track to about 200 since there's no processing done on them at all but armor track is a problem. When you equip something you expect it to be done within a certain amount of time. The more aliases I add the longer this time will get so it's a bit of a balancing issue. 

I just deleted my latest attempt to play a save beyond level 50 just for your mod ( i do this always when i critically change my modlist). Because i like your concept more than L&D. After initial testing i raised the durability of every item by 100%, because in my testing the original settings were too harsh (especially for new characters). Works okayish for me, but tempering is absolutely necessary now (and as L&D is not in my modlist anymore, i have to do it myself now instead of paying the blacksmith for that). Okay, new things to be considered. Adds to immersion/tension

When an item drops, it seems to lose the tempering. I recognized it the first time after a Cursed Loot event: worn items drop to the floor. Unfortunally the tempering was gone after picking them up again. Did a test with just drpping the items directly from the menu - same: Tempering is gone after pick up. I can live with that though. This makes some events more dangerous :)

1 hour ago, Heinz01 said:

I just deleted my latest attempt to play a save beyond level 50 just for your mod ( i do this always when i critically change my modlist). Because i like your concept more than L&D. After initial testing i raised the durability of every item by 100%, because in my testing the original settings were too harsh (especially for new characters). Works okayish for me, but tempering is absolutely necessary now (and as L&D is not in my modlist anymore, i have to do it myself now instead of paying the blacksmith for that). Okay, new things to be considered. Adds to immersion/tension

When an item drops, it seems to lose the tempering. I recognized it the first time after a Cursed Loot event: worn items drop to the floor. Unfortunally the tempering was gone after picking them up again. Did a test with just drpping the items directly from the menu - same: Tempering is gone after pick up. I can live with that though. This makes some events more dangerous :)

You definitely shouldn't be losing tempering. I've never had that happen and I've been dropping weapons and armors a lot while testing the mod. Hell the mod drops items all the time. I suspect something else is causing it. 

All that aside I've discovered a bug where the mod fails to get an object reference. DropObject() is not returning an actual usable object reference but a bullshit one like 'Item 3 in container player' which no other script commands will work on. Thanks very much bethesda. Honestly working on object references has been nothing but infuriating and has really put me off modding. I don't have time to work on a fix right now so I'd suggest not using the mod on a serious game til I update it. 

I dont know if this mod is the same as other but, if this removes items(breaking) incorrectly it will cause an annoying skyui bug where if you have equipment sets and an item that breaks is removed it will permanatly screw up the slot that it was assigned too.

For instance you have a dual swords set too hotkey or equip slot 1 in skyui, that item breaks, that slot will no longer work. Anyway its a skyui bug as far as I know but its something that ive seen happen with all these break mods.

it usually happens with dual weapons or weapon and shield.

As to NPC's and enemies having armor that can break... you could add a few magic spells that can break armor in the alteration skill. The better the armor, the less likely it will break. The better the spell, the more likely it will break armor (while secretly skipping degeneration).

Out of curiosity, how about devious items? Will they be spared? If not, could you add the option that they'll be spared?

Anyway, when I noticed this mod, I was reminded about a mod request where breakable armor could make Skyrim more devious. There is only one thing truly required to make this mod look like the idea posted. And of course there are other small possible options as well.

• The thing definitely required would be having to tailor your clothes and armor before you can fit in them (or better, you will have to get them tailored). This implies that the player can't just wear the robe of a slain necromancer.
  • Another option could be hiding the stats of the degeneration, meaning that you might get nude by surprise. And if you're unlucky, the spare set might not be in top condition either.
  • The third possible addition would be having to wait a day till the tailoring and/or repairing is finished. You might even decide to increase the waiting period to two or three days should the player exceed a certain amount of tailored items. This way, the player will be limited to a certain amount of fitting clothes and armor. (if there is a threshold, it might be required to be able to remove items from the tailored list)

Anyway, I hope you like the suggestion of armor breaking spells and like the idea of first having to refit armor and clothes before being able to wear them.

14 hours ago, Risamei said:

I dont know if this mod is the same as other but, if this removes items(breaking) incorrectly it will cause an annoying skyui bug where if you have equipment sets and an item that breaks is removed it will permanatly screw up the slot that it was assigned too.

For instance you have a dual swords set too hotkey or equip slot 1 in skyui, that item breaks, that slot will no longer work. Anyway its a skyui bug as far as I know but its something that ive seen happen with all these break mods.

it usually happens with dual weapons or weapon and shield.

Haven't noticed this yet but this mod hates favourites right now. Dropping objects automatically unfavorites items. If I remember right I'll be able to re-add it as a favourite but I won't be able to re-assign hotkeys as there's no way of doing it. 

11 hours ago, jaberwocky said:

As to NPC's and enemies having armor that can break... you could add a few magic spells that can break armor in the alteration skill. The better the armor, the less likely it will break. The better the spell, the more likely it will break armor (while secretly skipping degeneration

The more I've thought about this the more tricky I think it's going to be. Npcs don't wear individual items but outfits. And you can't change outfits because it will affect every other npc that uses the same outfit. 

Out of curiosity, how about devious items? Will they be spared? If not, could you add the option that they'll be spared?

Devious devices are automatically ignored already. 

The thing definitely required would be having to tailor your clothes and armor before you can fit in them (or better, you will have to get them tailored). This implies that the player can't just wear the robe of a slain necromancer.

That is potentially very possible. I'd just have to add extra data to the object reference. 

Another option could be hiding the stats of the degeneration, meaning that you might get nude by surprise. And if you're unlucky, the spare set might not be in top condition either.

There's already an option to hide the durability. Objects already initialized won't be affected though there's a button on the same page of the mcm to reset your worn stuff. 

The third possible addition would be having to wait a day till the tailoring and/or repairing is finished. You might even decide to increase the waiting period to two or three days should the player exceed a certain amount of tailored items. This way, the player will be limited to a certain amount of fitting clothes and armor. (if there is a threshold, it might be required to be able to remove items from the tailored list

This is on the list of things I want to add. A courier style delivery similar to loot and degradation.

2 hours ago, Mdy said:

Well you can already break npcs armours with Equipment Durability System, but mostly the common slots of vanilla items - and not a full set of bikini armour.

Neat. I'm not surprised it took an skse plugin to do it though. I wish I knew... anything about skse plugin creation. 

In other news, I think I've nailed down the object reference problem. DropObject() is a piece of shit. Just need to do a little testing. I'm also introducing the concept of suitability as suggested by jaberwocky. Armor from dead npcs will need to match your characters gender. It will also have to be within a certain range of your characters weight or it won't fit. All optional of course. Just need to add a way for smiths/tailors to refit it for your character. 

omfg, i'm so excited to see this mod!  I just cannot play without L&D, and this seems even better.  

Thank you and going to try it tonight!

EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAVE A CHANCE TO DESTROY THE ITEM PERMANENTLY?  That is a feature I love about L&D, and sadly, I can't use this until that's a possibility.  So please consider, thanks!

2 hours ago, slonez1 said:

EDIT: PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAVE A CHANCE TO DESTROY THE ITEM PERMANENTLY?  That is a feature I love about L&D, and sadly, I can't use this until that's a possibility.  So please consider, thanks!

Sure. Shouldn't be too hard. (I've said that before)

23 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Neat. I'm not surprised it took an skse plugin to do it though. I wish I knew... anything about skse plugin creation. 

In other news, I think I've nailed down the object reference problem. DropObject() is a piece of shit. Just need to do a little testing. I'm also introducing the concept of suitability as suggested by jaberwocky. Armor from dead npcs will need to match your characters gender. It will also have to be within a certain range of your characters weight or it won't fit. All optional of course. Just need to add a way for smiths/tailors to refit it for your character. 

Do that and I'll love you FOREVER! ?

2 hours ago, MayDayCray said:

Do that and I'll love you FOREVER! ?

It's already in. 

Suitability.png

I'll probably release an update tomorrow. Right now sleepy ?. Need to do a little more testing with a proper load order. Here's a list of changes made so far:

- Increased reliability of obtaining an object reference (hopefully bulletproof)
- Increased the number of NPC loot aliases to 250
- Added the formID of an object to the Equip Status MCM page if you need to track down any weird unnamed objects (It's in decimal so you'll have to convert it to hex yourself)
- Improved NPC degradation scan. Scans now covers NPCs with just clothing, already dead corpses and non dynamic actors set to respawn
- Added armor/clothing suitability (optional). Items must match your characters gender and/or weight for it to fit
- Smiths/tailors can adjust items to fit your character for a price
- Halved the degradation rate of tempered weapons and armors by default (tempering was decaying too quickly for my liking)
- Added option for a chance to permanently destroy an object when its durability hits zero
- Added a sort of 'caching' to GetMaterialDurabilityBonus() and GetDurability(). Mod learns what durability and durability bonus to apply to armors/weapons speeding up the process considerably. Changing durability settings resets all learning.

Eg:
    Cache Miss: GetDurability: Name: Iron Helmet
    Cache Miss: GetMaterialDurabilityBonus: Name: Iron Helmet
    GetMaterialDurabilityBonus() for Iron Helmet took 0.434002 seconds to run
    GetDurability() for Iron Helmet took 0.634003 seconds to run

Cache Hit: GetDurability: Name: Iron Helmet - 16
    Cache Hit: GetMaterialDurabilityBonus: Name: Iron Helmet - 0.000000
    GetMaterialDurabilityBonus() for Iron Helmet took 0.034004 seconds to run
    GetDurability() for Iron Helmet took 0.232994 seconds to run

Reduces the impact of checking the long list of material type keywords. 

Checked this out, it works!

Well, for the most part. I happened to test this with the Aegyptus outfit. The nipple covers (slot 46) and panties (slot 54) were not assigned a durability on equipping, and proved indestructible in combat.

There was also an issue with the headpiece, but that may be due to armor pack in question. The headpiece was assigned a durability, but failed to equip. As a result, in combat it kept got destroyed over and over, as the screenshot below illustrates.

Spoiler

aegyptus.png.abb806ccd17cbbc4861f97a0bc168449.png