Mortal Weapons & Armors

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

How can I check that SLAX and not SLAR is installed?

It's version 29.

And what should I check to determine if an item is:

A) a bikini part that will satisfy the bikini curse 

B) a body clothing item that would be considered slutty enough to not trigger the bikini curse. 

C) an armor item that MWA should fit to females only

There are two ways to do it - the first doesn't even require you to know if SLAX is installed or not:

Using storage util, you can check the int values, and if you get 0, it might not be installed, or it just might not be set, doesn't matter, it can be treated the same either way. And if you get a value other than 1, that signifies an amount of the tested quality. I set 50 by default for non-zero items. It ranges up to 100. The amount will matter to SLAX. You may not care; anything other than zero is "set".

The SLAX MCM even says this.

These are the storageutil tags SLAX sets:

SLAroused.IsNakedArmor

SLAroused.IsBikiniArmor

SLAroused.IsSexyArmor

SLAroused.IsSlootyArmor

SLAroused.IsIllegalArmor

SLAroused.IsPoshArmor

SLAroused.IsRaggedArmor

SLAroused.IsKillerHeels

Or the keywords:

SLA_ArmorHalfNakedBikini - bikini

SLA_ArmorPretty - sexy

SLA_ArmorHalfNaked - slooty

SLA_ArmorIllegal - illegal

ClothingRich = posh (this is a vanilla keyword)

ClothingPoor = ragged (this is a vanilla keyword)

SLA_KillerHeels - heels

As you will see, most of these are either vanilla keywords, or Babo keywords that already existed prior to SLAX.

I only invented two new keywords. Mine are all spelled correctly :) 

Of course, I sent you this information back in August, so you would have plenty of up-front time to incorporate it.

SLAX can put keywords on items other than bra and panties, but it doesn't support all slots, only common bikini slots and the regular body slot.

I did a bit of research to see what slots were used, including the "famous" bikini armors, including TAWoBA, plus the Daz3d collection, which is a massive resource of clothes.

I plan to add the ability to edit any slot eventually, but I want a different MCM for that as it's so rarely necessary - and also, slow.

I have a little problem with latest MWA ignore list...

I can't add items to it. At least not most items.

I can remove items.

In the drop down of equipped items, it primarily shows me the ignore list items, not things equipped or in my inventory.

Stuff I need to ignore is missing from the drop down, so I can't act on them.

In particular, I cannot set Grimsever ignore. It's a quest item, so I can't even give to a smith to repair.

Of course I want to hand it in, not use it, but it's sooo fragile, I'm afraid it will rot from simply being in my inventory.

I don't understand why no-drop items are ever getting tagged with durability.

For reasons I don't really grasp, just one or two items from my inventory show up in the drop down.

The interface is confusing. I expected to click on an ignore list item on the right to make it the current item, and only pick NEW ignore targets from the drop-down.

Instead, everything is in the drop-down - or rather everything in the ignore list, not so much items I actually need to ignore.

48 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

It's version 29.

44 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I have a little problem with latest MWA ignore list...

Yes. There are shortcomings in the list: 

Only worn items and items on the ignore list are included on menu load to keep it from taking forever to load

Weapons are not included (that was me being stupid)

I need to add a 'Scan inventory' button to add items not worn to the list.

If the list is missing something other than that check that the equip list is accurate. If not unequip and re-equip the item. 

The menu context changes based on the selected object. 

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

1. I've decided to exclude gauntlets, helmets and boots* from the bikini curse. I'll say, however, that I am concerned about armor rating balance by this move. I think it might be OP as hell. 

*Boots - I might make the requirement that they are heels for the curse at least for armored boots. Even though that doesn't make a whole lot of sense as regards the curse. 

IMO this is a good idea for another reason - if some anime-inspired female "armor" is anything to go by, some people really like the look of a female warrior wearing massive armored gloves and boots, and what basically amounts to a string bikini covering their actual vitals.  So you'd be avoiding some headaches will letting people have that look if they wanted it.

Armor rating balance is a thing, but at least the bikini curse would still usually break having the option of full set armor perks.

19 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Weapons are not included (that was me being stupid)

If you checked and added the currently equipped weapons, I guess that would be enough to fix that without a full inventory scan.

Being able to click on the list on the right to select items in the list would be super-convenient though - and then you could not put any of those items in the drop-down, keeping it smaller and easier to find things in.

1 hour ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Here's another item to add to the ignore list: Amren's family sword (647ac)

411564|skyrim.esm

There's _still_ no simple way to detect a quest item, is there?

Or you could look at it like, it's just a regular sword and you shouldn't be using it in its current condition (un tempered) or it might break and you will have failed the quest. ?

Just another perspective. ?

4 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Or you could look at it like, it's just a regular sword and you shouldn't be using it in its current condition (un tempered) or it might break and you will have failed the quest. ?

Just another perspective. ?

Nope, MWA ate it while setting durability. That, or it fell through the Whiterun tundra when MWA dropped it to get a handle on it, which is sadly all too plausible.

And you don't fail the quest -- as far as Skyrim is concerned, you can't lose a quest item. The quest just crouches like a toad in your quest list until you break down and use the console to finish the quest (adding in another copy of Amren's Family Sword won't advance the quest, it's not the quest item. Guess how I know).

Here's a json I just whipped up containing the base game quest item weapons and clothing (not quest rewards) from the list on uesp.net.  I haven't tried it yet (I spent too long making it), but jsonlint.com says I haven't mucked up the formatting.

{
    "formList": {
        "immunelist": [

"186202|Skyrim.esm",

"0",

"894800|Skyrim.esm",

"278046|Skyrim.esm",
            "411564|Skyrim.esm",
            "607996|Skyrim.esm",
            "568827|Skyrim.esm",
            "568828|Skyrim.esm",
            "319067|Skyrim.esm",
            "440749|Skyrim.esm",
            "340857|Skyrim.esm",
            "350197|Skyrim.esm",
            "428406|Skyrim.esm",
            "853848|Skyrim.esm",
            "702557|Skyrim.esm",
            "654672|Skyrim.esm",
            "143119|Skyrim.esm",
            "140283|Skyrim.esm",
            "115942|Skyrim.esm",
            "651868|Skyrim.esm",
            "612021|Skyrim.esm",
            "609854|Skyrim.esm",
            "1006109|Skyrim.esm",
            "885890|Skyrim.esm",
            "1016574|Skyrim.esm",
            "867291|Skyrim.esm",
            "786788|Skyrim.esm",
            "513656|Skyrim.esm",
            "186195|Skyrim.esm",
            "186202|Skyrim.esm",
            "186191|Skyrim.esm",
            "606421|Skyrim.esm",
            "412529|Skyrim.esm",
            "894800|Skyrim.esm",
            "438807|Skyrim.esm",
            "487186|Skyrim.esm",
            "889748|Skyrim.esm",
            "158779|Skyrim.esm",
            "458354|Skyrim.esm",
            "411542|Skyrim.esm",
            "920482|Skyrim.esm",
            "418778|Skyrim.esm",
            "593458|Skyrim.esm",
            "430109|Skyrim.esm",
            "784906|Skyrim.esm",
            "860968|Skyrim.esm",
            "802022|Skyrim.esm",
            "263081|Skyrim.esm"
        ]
    }
}

32 minutes ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Nope, MWA ate it while setting durability. That, or it fell through the Whiterun tundra when MWA dropped it to get a handle on it, which is sadly all too plausible.

Ya, this should be fix for sure. Things definitely should make it safely to your inventory. But I don't think immunity is the long term solution because this can happen to any peice of equipment, it just sucks when it's a quest item. 

37 minutes ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

And you don't fail the quest -- as far as Skyrim is concerned, you can't lose a quest item. The quest just crouches like a toad in your quest list

Yes... as dark and constant reminder of your failure.?

But Skyrim's engine isn't truly prepared for a lot of now common place occurrences. For one; vanilla Skyrim in general doesn't think you can be defeated. 

... it's a bigger discussion than should be on a mod "get help" forum, so I apologize for the divergence and return you now to your regular scheduled forum discussion.

And I shall return to my corner. ?

23 hours ago, Reesewow said:

IMO this is a good idea for another reason - if some anime-inspired female "armor" is anything to go by, some people really like the look of a female warrior wearing massive armored gloves and boots, and what basically amounts to a string bikini covering their actual vitals.  So you'd be avoiding some headaches will letting people have that look if they wanted it.

Armor rating balance is a thing, but at least the bikini curse would still usually break having the option of full set armor perks.

I never 'got' anime but whatever. To each their own. 

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

If you checked and added the currently equipped weapons, I guess that would be enough to fix that without a full inventory scan.

Yep. I'd imagine so. 

4 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Or you could look at it like, it's just a regular sword and you shouldn't be using it in its current condition (un tempered) or it might break and you will have failed the quest.

6 hours ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

There's _still_ no simple way to detect a quest item, is there?

I wouldn't be so bothered about the quest item making it into MWAs systems if it didn't break the quest. 

I don't see any good way of determining if an item is a quest object. Technically I think the only way to detect whether or not the item is a quest object is if it is referenced by a quest alias. BUT everything in MWA is referenced by a quest alias and they aint really quest items. So... thank you bethesda for not really being able to flag an item as a quest object. 

Additionally. If the item is held in a quest alias then it SHOULD have an object reference already. And MWA is supposed to use existing object refs and not create new ones if one already exists. I have found that the ways of obtaining object references via bethesdas functions to be.... flakey at times. For instance MWA uses two ways to get it if the first fails. It's a complex... mess. 

If the object ref isn't destroyed then the quest should continue as normal. I'll have to dig more into it when I have more time but it is a pain the ass of biblical proportions. 

16 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I wouldn't be so bothered about the quest item making it into MWAs systems if it didn't break the quest. 

I don't see any good way of determining if an item is a quest object.

Not all quest items are detectable, that is true.

However, there is a large class of quest items (including Grimsever and Nettlebane) that are easily detectable.

The items will be in a quest alias that is explicitly marked as a quest item.

Only a very few quest items are not correctly flagged in this way.

57 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Not all quest items are detectable, that is true.

However, there is a large class of quest items (including Grimsever and Nettlebane) that are easily detectable.

The items will be in a quest alias that is explicitly marked as a quest item.

Only a very few quest items are not correctly flagged in this way.

You mean the 'Quest Object' flag in the reference alias window in the CK? Is that even detectable via papyrus? I don't see any way. And even if it was would it be wise to try to detect it on every object that is loaded into MWA. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

You mean the 'Quest Object' flag in the reference alias window in the CK? Is that even detectable via papyrus? I don't see any way. And even if it was would it be wise to try to detect it on every object that is loaded into MWA. 

Since other degradation mods seem to use an ini form list to exclude quest items I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it is likely that there is either no way to detect quest items, or at minimum no good way to do it. ?

But I would like to point out the issue that started this "round" of discussion on this was not normal degradation. @stillnofunnylogin 's issue was the item broke just picking it up.

This is something I have noticed a couple times, but never to a quest item so I just wrote it off as me seeing things. But in retrospect that does happen. 

8 hours ago, Barzing said:

i've been sent to jail because a stupid enforcer has popped me front of 6 guards in whiterun while i was denounced for peeing in my inn room .... ?.

Guards gave me unweareable rags (bad size and bad genre) ? i live naked in prison, it's cold ....

In cases like this there are only really two options. 

1. If the outfit is something you're given only in certain circumstances then you can add the always fits keyword to the item yourself. 

2. If the other mod is just giving you a generic outfit then mwa has no idea what gave you the outfit or its purpose so its treated like everything else. In this case support needs to be added on the other mods side. There is a modevent to send the player clothes that will fit. 

23 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

In cases like this there are only really two options. 

1. If the outfit is something you're given only in certain circumstances then you can add the always fits keyword to the item yourself. 

2. If the other mod is just giving you a generic outfit then mwa has no idea what gave you the outfit or its purpose so its treated like everything else. In this case support needs to be added on the other mods side. There is a modevent to send the player clothes that will fit. 

Isn't it a normal behavior on the vanilla side, when you go to jail, the game give you rags, no ? (i don't remember, i'm not used to go in jail in my previous games).

here a part of my fun story in jail (i'm a bit out of subject Monoman1, sorry for that, but it's a good example of good things that can happen during a session of skyrim with some good mods found here on Loverslab, including yours, and more over the mods used were probably not totally planned to be used this way) 

SO i got an adventure spending some of my days in jail.

One of the mod i installed (sexlab survival ? dragonborn in distress, sexlab disparity ?) give me food every morning (bread & something to drink), so there's a challenging way of surviving with RND (with "die of thirst" checked), i had to pee (pee and fart mod) in a bottle and drink it to avoid to be completly dehydrated ?, spend my time praying Dibella and use RND "wait" to hold my day .

There was this dead bandit corpse near me that was decompositing (mod decomposition) that popped some little skeevers (i didn't installed hunterborn else i would propbably be able to loot meat , i missed it)

After someday, i was near from death starving and dehydrating (this morning guard gave me a skooma instead of Ale ...).  So i decided to take care of the guard to escape jail. SLSO and SexlabUtilOne helped me for that, i did cry for help (it's a survival mod hability) i my jail, guard asked what happening and that i should shut up, i provocated him. He came in jail to teach me a sexual anal lesson apparently.

In SexlabUtilOne i put 2 rules On orgasm that give a chance (40%) to get Calm for one rule and "Alcool" for 1 hour (think it give drunk or dizzy effect) for the other rule.  (scent of sex with appropriate rules could have probably been a good choice) =>

[ There is no mod on loverslab that permit to use sex to convert npc to your which, foe, subdue him, poisonning, kill while sexing ... ? After sex while the npc is off you could give him drugs ...  ]

Let's continue, with SLSO i pushed him on Orgasm, he got the Calm effect, after sex ended (this guard hold my asshole a long time, nasty guard , i don't understand boy that like filthy girl -> BiS...)he was like a moutain flower ?.  I sneaked (covered of sperm and my already sticking dirtiness),  stole the jail keys and escaped while he was calmed, now i'm out in dragonsearch, hidding in the ceillar for the moment :) ... naked ? (fun, fun !)

Sorry for my poor english ...

On 10/15/2019 at 6:53 PM, habilon said:

Loving the mod, only thing I would say should be added is the ability for the player to do repairs, even if it needed certain smithing skills for different levels of armours.

Yes im also wishing for something like this. Maybe repairing them yourself would lower the durability since the Weapon/Armor is still weak where it was broken and would break more easily. 

13 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

I have a CTD Issue with this mod. If my character is about to get assaulted by human/creature, sexlab strips my character which breaks some armor parts. This crashes the game for me. Only after the 3rd or so armor part being broken though.

What armor are you using?

sometimes bad ground nifs can cause CDT with MWA

1 hour ago, AkiKay said:

Yes im also wishing for something like this. Maybe repairing them yourself would lower the durability since the Weapon/Armor is still weak where it was broken and would break more easily. 

Yea, might be a bad mesh. 

Search your papyrus log for 'MWA_' and check the last few lines. It'll probably be the last armor dropped: '_MWA_: Dropping xxxxxxxx'

To test, give yourself the armor in game and drop it from your inventory. If either A) the game CTDs or B) the mesh 'floats' then you've got your problem armor. 

When i try to change the maximum durability of items only items that had not been initialised by the mod have the new durability. Resetting worn durabilities and the "use this if items are having weird maximum durabilities" option dont seem to work, only the original durability is reset to maximum. Also disabling the mod in the mcm doesnt stop it. Anyone else had these bugs or am i missing something?