Mortal Weapons & Armors

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Pfff, fuck that's odd. I have to say, Bethesda has s lot to answer for for releasing two different versions on pc. Should have just been 64 bit from the beginning. Fucking consoles. (Or the cynic in me nowadays thinks the console excuse was just an excuse and greed was the real reason). 

Getkeyworditemcount is definitely used in one of my mods but I thought it was survival tbh. Used to check how many body clothes items you have when begging. Cant check right now as I'm in work. 

Well original Skyrim is from 2009 if I'm correct. 32bit cpu's were still mainstream in that time.

Survival is also on my modlist, but it wasn't activated in the tests above so I don't think it is related to this one.

Another funny thing I noticed is that when I created save with only 1 of those mods active, I was able to save even if activated the other one, but if new game is created with both MWA and engine fixes 4.12 the problem occurs.

2 hours ago, DFDark said:

Well original Skyrim is from 2009 if I'm correct. 32bit cpu's were still mainstream in that time.

Survival is also on my modlist, but it wasn't activated in the tests above so I don't think it is related to this one.

Another funny thing I noticed is that when I created save with only 1 of those mods active, I was able to save even if activated the other one, but if new game is created with both MWA and engine fixes 4.12 the problem occurs.

This crash, is it 100% reproducible? If so maybe we can at least narrow it down to a single system. 

Get yourself a save where you can recreate a crash within 5-10 seconds. 

Then disable all the scanning functions and see if it still crashes. If not turn on system until it crashes again. 

It'll be very difficult if not impossible for me to debug this without any direction. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This crash, is it 100% reproducible? If so maybe we can at least narrow it down to a single system. 

Get yourself a save where you can recreate a crash within 5-10 seconds. 

Then disable all the scanning functions and see if it still crashes. If not turn on system until it crashes again. 

It'll be very difficult if not impossible for me to debug this without any direction. 

Well from what I tried its solid 100%. It doesn't matter what type of save it is (auto, quick, menu save, console 'save xxxx'). If the new game has been created with Engine fixes v4.12 and MWA activated and you're in Riverwood/Whiterun (exterior) once you try to save it crashes.

Now I have tried to narrow it down, but something weird is happening there. Once I unchecked most of the checkboxes on MWA settings page I was able to save. Then I tried to tick them back on (first one by one, then combinations and finally all of them again) but I still could save. But once I entered interior and exited (I have autosave on transition off) and tried to save again it crashed.

Is there some sort of init on entering exterior?

8 hours ago, DFDark said:

Well from what I tried its solid 100%. It doesn't matter what type of save it is (auto, quick, menu save, console 'save xxxx'). If the new game has been created with Engine fixes v4.12 and MWA activated and you're in Riverwood/Whiterun (exterior) once you try to save it crashes.

Now I have tried to narrow it down, but something weird is happening there. Once I unchecked most of the checkboxes on MWA settings page I was able to save. Then I tried to tick them back on (first one by one, then combinations and finally all of them again) but I still could save. But once I entered interior and exited (I have autosave on transition off) and tried to save again it crashed.

Hmm. Ill take a look when I get home. Theres a cell change detection mechanism for sure but I can't think of any distinction between interior and exterior. 

Would it be possible to damage or break items when transforming into a Vampire, Werebear or Werewolf?
I've got no idea how those bikini straps could possibly hold and would give forced transformations like in Growl some additional thrill ?

I can confirm the problems with the newest MWA and Engine Fixes and SSE.

I only did a few tests but with EF 4.12 and MWA activated I 100% crash upon saving within an exterior regardless if it is within a bordered city (whiterun) or outside the city.

As soon as I disabled EF the game started working fine.

I did crash outside on the dlc dunmer island which name i forgot as well. But I believe that was due to a faulty mesh.

I'm gonna do some more testing in a bit.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, DFDark said:

Same happens with Breakable Equipment System, every time I tried to save in player homes (Lakeview manor, Breezehome,...) cell, it ctd.. disable engine fixes fix it, but I can't live without engine fixes ...

Ok, with the previous post where you point out GetKeywordItemCount change log, I disable GetKeywordItemCount to false in EngineFixes.ini and it able to save again...

Well after looking into this a bit GetKeywordItemCount is used in a lot of places in MWA. 

Container scanner.

Npc degradation aliases and

Dead npc degradation aliases.

There isn't really a whole lot I can do about this. Have you guys bought up the issue with engine fixes?

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Well after looking into this a bit GetKeywordItemCount is used in a lot of places in MWA. 

Container scanner.

Npc degradation aliases and

Dead npc degradation aliases.

There isn't really a whole lot I can do about this. Have you guys bought up the issue with engine fixes?

Not yet, but it seems to be a at least somewhat know issue. The author of EF uploaded the previous version because many people reported crashes with the new version.

For me -using EF 4.12- I did what Z@rkn3ss did as well. Opened the EngineFixes.ini and disabled GetKeywordItemCount. Downgrading worked as well. Maybe you could put that in the op? 

Having played for a few hours with a ported version of MWA everything worked quite well. As far as I can tell I had no crashings caused by MWA at all with the fix to engine fixes.

I had a few issues though.

1. Sometimes clothing (I haven't obeserved that for armor yet) spawns with 0/0 durability. Maybe this is intended and I don't exactly know what it means.

2. Sometimes wearing clothing (only played with clothing so far because of Survival's licenses :P) MWA says something like "Couldn't find Index to decrease durabillity. This should not be happening". Most of the time this happenes when getting hit. I think this also popped up during rape events a few times. Sometime later this goes away and the clothing breaks like it should.

3. The biggest issue is with repairing clothing at tailors. I tested it with the one in Whiterun. I have broken clothing in my inventory. I select the option to repair broken clothing. The inventory opens and I select the broken stuff. Game says that I need X gold to repair it. I close the window and pay up. The items are still broken. But if I reinforce the items in question first (with the very same tailor) and then repair them it works just fine.

I also had the "Not enough aliases" error once, but that was easily fixed and did not come up again. I just spawned a whole bunch of stuff into the world because I tried to find a corrupt mesh and that was too much for MWA. :D

So all in all it works quite well in SE.

Sorry I forgot to reply here.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:16 PM, Silvain said:

1. Sometimes clothing (I haven't obeserved that for armor yet) spawns with 0/0 durability. Maybe this is intended and I don't exactly know what it means.

Yes. I've seen this and it bugs me. Had a look but I can't figure out where 0 is coming from. 1 is supposed to be minimum. 0 is broken. 

2. Sometimes wearing clothing (only played with clothing so far because of Survival's licenses :P) MWA says something like "Couldn't find Index to decrease durabillity. This should not be happening". Most of the time this happenes when getting hit. I think this also popped up during rape events a few times. Sometime later this goes away and the clothing breaks like it should.

Hmm. I THINK this happens when the worn list isn't accurate. Make sure the DD device hider is disabled. If not un-equipping and re-equipping should fix it. 

3. The biggest issue is with repairing clothing at tailors. I tested it with the one in Whiterun. I have broken clothing in my inventory. I select the option to repair broken clothing. The inventory opens and I select the broken stuff. Game says that I need X gold to repair it. I close the window and pay up. The items are still broken. But if I reinforce the items in question first (with the very same tailor) and then repair them it works just fine.

I don't think I've ever seen this one. The only problem I've ever seen with reconstruction is if there's a devious device blocking the slot. The object must be worn to set custom enchantments. 

Forgot to mention, though this happened a while back...

Ran into the typical MWA sizing issue with Radiant Prostitution.

Innkeeper gives you an outfit, but it doesn't fit.

I couldn't exempt them, they wouldn't show up in the list, and it was too late to pre-emptively tick everything fits.

I got it altered. It was many times more expensive than buying a new outfit.

Immersive, maybe?

The tailor (Ellie?) in Belethor's shop had masses of items for various prices. Normal clothes were 7 gold.

A couple of days later, all her items were gone.

Not sure what's going on with the vanishing items or whether the presence is the problem and the absence was intended.

I can probably figure how to make all my clothes expensive by fiddling about with pascal scripts in Tes5Edit, but it seems like something that MWA might logically have built-in for people who don't want to do that sort of thing.

Vanilla clothes are just too cheap. I can buy an outfit for less than the price of a loaf of bread.

It not easy to suspend disbelief, or good gameplay to have such cheap clothes. Silly vanilla!

They aren't really heavy enough either. A dress weighs 1?

Plausibly, for some outfits, but a weight of two to four seems more appropriate for heavy fabrics that would wear well and provide warmth in Skyrim, and it just balances better in terms of value per weight-unit, especially if values are increased.

While making clothes a lot more expensive (about 10x vanilla ?) would allow the PC to make more cash from selling them, I think that's OK.

With my stealing mods, I don't have much access to free clothes.

The weight increase would offset it slightly, and besides, it's not like you would ever get rich from it.

Life is tough enough, and with a need to get new clothes every time some rapist rips them up, or some guard takes them for no obvious reason ... plus with the cost of getting clothes altered ... these things balance out a bit.

In my current game, I haven't found any free clothes, I've had to buy everything, so it's moot whether there's even an issue there.

Another way to increase clothing cost would be to make all clothes you buy unwearable until you have them refitted. It's not like they sell off the rack in Skyrim, so ... sort of believable. Or if you were being fully immersive, populate the vendor with randomly sized items, and if you can ever find one that fits in stock, lucky you. Just like Meyer!

That would immediately make them at least as expensive as a refit, without revaluing them.

Such a feature could be an optional thing.

In the case of tailors added by MWA, it seems possible that if the player prefers, the default behaviour could be to give tailors an inventory of slut outfits that the player can easily configure in Tes5Edit, but which otherwise amounts to Tavern clothes, Barkeeper Outfit, and that's about it?

Not everyone would want that though. Some might use MWA for straight-up item durability.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Another way to increase clothing cost would be to make all clothes you buy unwearable until you have them refitted. It's not like they sell off the rack in Skyrim, so ... sort of believable. Or if you were being fully immersive, populate the vendor with randomly sized items, and if you can ever find one that fits in stock, lucky you. Just like Meyer!

I could add an option to disable the autofitting when you buy something from a shop. But I don't know about initializing an entire shop container which can have hundreds of items because:

1. It would take a very long time. Longer than it would take you to enter the shop and open the barter menu. Which means you'd see objects being processed. 

2. It would consume huge chunks of the ObjRef aliases.

3. If the container isn't initialized then you'd have no idea what 'size' you're getting or even if it's for females which isn't very immersive. 

That said I think you CAN already do this. There's an option in the mcm that controls the maximum number of items in a container before MWA will try to process it. The slider upper limit might be a bit low though (100 IIRC)

I don't think it'd be too difficult to create a TesEdit script to do the job of increasing value tbh. In the end it might be the best solution. 

I'd agree that in general clothes are too cheap. + slutty clothes should be cheaper than 'decent' clothes right? It's a pity there's no way to apply value modifiers on the fly in game if certain keywords are present on a form. 

8 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I could add an option to disable the autofitting when you buy something from a shop. But I don't know about initializing an entire shop container which can have hundreds of items because:

Are you talking about two things together here?

Disable autofit seems the cheap/lazy way, and if the item randomly fits, well all is good.

Init a whole shop container?

Are you talking about re-pricing on the fly there? Or something to do with fitting?

I thought fitting was only handled for those items once they entered your inventory?

For re-pricing, the best solution is in the ESP. The vanilla items are all 00XXXXXX so should be patchable, and you could add sex keywords too.

The problem is that the keywords are spread across MWA and SLS. I thought SLAX might help there, though that's really XKCD's "Standards" cartoon. https://xkcd.com/927/

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Or something to do with fitting?

Fitting. For it to more closely resemble real life where you walk into a shop and you can see the fit etc before you buy it then the shop container contents needs to be initialized. MWA normally DOES init container contents IF the number of items in the container is less than that Mcm setting I mentioned. If the shop container isn't initialized and I disable autofit then what you get will be completely random and may or may not fit you. Outfit lottery. Which isn't very... real life like. 

I mean I wouldn't go into a shop and ask for an underpants and the guys says 'No problem. But I get to pick the size of that underpants. And I might just give you a knickers either. Haha!'

Which is why I think just increasing the value in TesEdit would be best. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

I mean I wouldn't go into a shop and ask for an underpants and the guys says 'No problem. But I get to pick the size of that underpants. And I might just give you a knickers either. Haha!'

That can still happen though?

I guess there may be a way to detect that case and handle it sensibly when the item arrives in your inventory?

What is different is that you -could- go into a shop in Skyrim and say:

"I want to buy a dress"

...and they should realistically say "I have two in stock that could be altered to fit you. Price includes alteration. Do you like either of them?"

And you say "yes" and they say "Come back in a couple of days when it's ready." (Because we don't have an overlocker, and we have to sew every single alteration by hand).

But that's sort of "realism" so probably unhelpful.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Which is why I think just increasing the value in TesEdit would be best. 

Which I already agreed with.

Returning to the odd point I made above... Here's a random thought bubble... Yes. I know I have a lot of them.

Imagine all clothing were removed from vendors. You simply strip it out. They can buy it, but they don't sell it retail, they sell it to a tailor to refit.

From now on, only tailors sell clothes.

Now you have to go to the tailor, and they're a MWA NPC, whose inventory list you tightly control.

You buy the unsized item from them.

After selling, they remove the item from your inventory. You were robbed. No...

Then they say ..

"Your purchase will be ready in [count] days. Come back to collect when it's ready."

And you have to wait X days before you can get your clothing from them.

Armor could be the same, but the day counts would be even longer.

Clothes and armor would cost a fortune to buy.

It would make refitting much more practical, because it could have a duration related to how close you were in size to start with.

You'd still have to wait, but maybe only a day or two.

Some fun upsides to this, but also a downside... Some random guard stealing your clothes isn't just an inconvenience, it's really nasty. Maybe too nasty.

Why do they take your clothes by the way? Just to humiliate you, or is it more of a Slaverun oriented feature and they're supposed to be illegal?

42 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Just to humiliate you, or is it more of a Slaverun oriented feature and they're supposed to be illegal?

First one. 

In my mind they're rotten, abusive and corrupt and will gladly use any opportunity to humiliate you. Plus they get to see you run away in shame in all your jiggly gloriousness. 

You could always just take the bounty. Guess you need to way up for yourself if your clothes are worth 500 gold. 

Or just be a good girl and behave yourself. 

7 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Guess you need to way up for yourself if your clothes are worth 500 gold. 

If you *have* 500 gold.

I think in a differently balanced world, where a short term weapon license also costs 500, a dress should cost 350 or so, a full set of clothes around 500?

If I left my licenses at default costs, I'd be watching SL animations for a lot of real-time days before I could afford one.

Are the bounties adjustable?

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If you *have* 500 gold.

Well it's a bounty, so it's basically an IOU. Or you could just go to prison I suppose. 

10 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Are the bounties adjustable?

Not atm. Should they be? I think they're fairly reasonable, but then I would wouldn't I. 

26 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Not atm. Should they be? I think they're fairly reasonable, but then I would wouldn't I. 

I don't know. For a weak lowbie character, a 500 bounty means prison.

They would probably hand over their clothes, even if they were worth 500.

For a higher level character, or a more vanilla game, it might be pocket change.

Depends what you're trying to do I imagine.

I'm not really asking for it, just checking.

There's a limit to how many things you can add that are customisable. Even SLD has limits :) 

Maybe if you could add some kind of global cost scale, so one slider for all bounties, fines and punishments that don't already have individual sliders?

Many things have them already, which is good. I can set my kennels to be really cheap and attractive.

I can set each license and each kind of license. I can set the toll amount. Plenty of control there.

In my old game, I used a toll of 1000, so sewers and evasion were worth it sometimes. Or I could do the out and back again in a day trip, and try and make it.

Gave me valid opportunities to use other payment methods, which otherwise tended not to get used.

In the new game, a toll of 200 is gutting, but it won't be forever. I'm tempted to set it to 1000 again, or higher.

I tend to pretend that the exit toll is not a simple gate opening price (because I don't lock my gates) but a price for a license to travel.

If I'd devised the feature, I'd have probably planned it thus:

Spoiler

Entry has a toll. You only pay it when entering a city different to the one you left. The toll is relatively low. e.g. 100 but suspect looking people such as whores or dodgy adventurers (who are probably just bandits) should have to pay more to enter (or provide other services).

Exit is always free.

You need a travel license to enter a new hold.

If guards of a new hold greet you without a valid license, then...

• They take any valuables, including nice clothes, armor and weapons
  • Give you a prisoner outfit
  • Bind your wrists with cheap rope
  • Add local bounty
  • Dump you somewhere outside the hold border, back in the hold you entered from.
  • If you're already a prisoner, wearing prisoner clothes and with no valuables, you're shipped back to the town of the hold you left and get bounty there too. Possibly denied exit through the gates (but still not locked, but by guard greet).

You cannot pay for a license at the point of meeting the foreign guards.

You must have been authorized to travel by your Jarl in advance.

During civil war, if you come from an enemy hold, they probably go aggro on you, unless you're specifically on a diplomatic mission to that hold.

I'm not saying that's more fun than what there is, it's just how my mind works.

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

or it might be a decent argument for auto sizing anything purchased from a shop keeper to fit the player. You simply wouldn't buy something that wasn't your size. 

Never really comes up in my play through, but it would be a nice immersion add.