Mortal Weapons & Armors

22 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

or it might be a decent argument for auto sizing anything purchased from a shop keeper to fit the player. You simply wouldn't buy something that wasn't your size. 

Isn't this is the way the mod currently works?

To be fair. If you go into a shop they're not guaranteed to have something in your size. I'd imagine this would especially be the case back in the old trying time of Skyrim. It's a nice idea but for the amount of trouble it would create and given that the real end goal was to make clothes more expensive it'd just be easier to patch the forms and change the base values. We've agreed on this. There's a bit of 'wire crossing' going on I think. I'm too sleepy....

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

To be fair. If you go into a shop they're not guaranteed to have something in your size. I'd imagine this would especially be the case back in the old trying time of Skyrim.

That was the point I was making. They wouldn't have your size, or any size, because they wouldn't hold stock at all. They might hold some partially completed garments that could be finished up. But that's realism. i.e. Meaningless in Skyrim.

The reason I suggested having to wait is so when you lose your clothes, you're stuck for days before you can get replacements.

Then when the Whiterun women's morality committee burns your clothes and cuts off all your hair, you have to wait two weeks for new clothes unless you want beggar rags.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, Lupine00 said:

Then when the Whiterun women's morality committee burns your clothes and cuts off all your hair, you have to wait two weeks for new clothes unless you want beggar rags.

I want that mod!

@Monoman1
Would it be possible to have an option to include the cover animation even if in combat? Maybe either to unequip or drop your weapon(s)

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Are the tailors supposed to have inventory?

Mine started full of items, then they dwindled away until nothing, as if something were removing them.

Yea, Probably the container is not flagged as respawn. The tailors were copied from Milk Addict. In that mod because the armor reconstruction isn't as good I added the item that broke to the tailor container so you could buy it back if necessary and so disabled respawn so the outfit wouldn't disappear. 

That's not so much a problem with MWA so I think I can enable it. Another possible problem is that all tailors share the one chest and that chest is in a hidden cell. Not sure the container will respawn when accessed remotely or is it absolutely needs to be loaded in first. 

22 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Would it be possible to have an option to include the cover animation even if in combat? Maybe either to unequip or drop your weapon(s)

Mmm playing the cover animation during combat/with weapons drawn can cause problems. DCL does this sometimes and my character get stuck in some sort of weird state. To get out of it I need to press a hotkeyed spell to equip both hands. Often manually equipping something via the inventory doesn't even restore normality. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Mmm playing the cover animation during combat/with weapons drawn can cause problems. DCL does this sometimes and my character get stuck in some sort of weird state. To get out of it I need to press a hotkeyed spell to equip both hands. Often manually equipping something via the inventory doesn't even restore normality. 

Ah ok

Shame.

I couldn't find any mention of the cover animation on the Mod page. Did it get mentioned in the release notes? I wasn't even sure what mod was doing this when it happened until I started looking through your source files.

I was actually looking for a way to increase the amount of different sound files used for the female gasp. Fortunately I discovered that this had to be done in CK as, even if I could edit your script without breaking something, I can't get them to compile :confounded:

12 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

I couldn't find any mention of the cover animation on the Mod page. Did it get mentioned in the release notes?

I think the cover animation plays if the body armor breaks but there's a bunch of other conditions like not riding a horse, doesn't have weapon drawn etc so it might not play all that often. 

I was thinking of adding a manual 'cover myself' hotkey to SLS with some small consequences if you didn't cover yourself like increased resistance reduction in DFC etc. But the major hurdle there is I don't think there's any nice way of knowing when the animation ends or is interrupted. 

12 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

I was actually looking for a way to increase the amount of different sound files used for the female gasp. Fortunately I discovered that this had to be done in CK as, even if I could edit your script without breaking something, I can't get them to compile

Hmm I'd imagine this should be possible in TesEdit. All you'd have to do is add more sound files to the sound descriptor _MWA_FemaleGaspSD [SNDR:0202950D]

5 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I think the cover animation plays if the body armor breaks but there's a bunch of other conditions like not riding a horse, doesn't have weapon drawn etc so it might not play all that often. 

I was thinking of adding a manual 'cover myself' hotkey to SLS with some small consequences if you didn't cover yourself like increased resistance reduction in DFC etc. But the major hurdle there is I don't think there's any nice way of knowing when the animation ends or is interrupted. 

I sort of have a coverself using Poser Hotkeys and animations from Get Stripped again (abandoned mod) but one that would actually have an effect would be great but as you say, how does the game know the animation is over. Only thing I can think of is having it on a timer, you have ten seconds (for example) to find clothes or hide from view. Obviously if you jump or draw a weapon etc it will break the animation. I don't know if you script the game to check for those events only for that time period?

DFC?

15 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Hmm I'd imagine this should be possible in TesEdit. All you'd have to do is add more sound files to the sound descriptor _MWA_FemaleGaspSD [SNDR:0202950D]

I just had CK open at the time and found it by accident.

6 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Obviously if you jump or draw a weapon etc it will break the animation. I don't know if you script the game to check for those events only for that time period?

DFC?

A great many things end the animation. Checking for them all would probably be unworkable tbh.

16 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea, Probably the container is not flagged as respawn. The tailors were copied from Milk Addict. In that mod because the armor reconstruction isn't as good I added the item that broke to the tailor container so you could buy it back if necessary and so disabled respawn so the outfit wouldn't disappear. 

That's not so much a problem with MWA so I think I can enable it. Another possible problem is that all tailors share the one chest and that chest is in a hidden cell. Not sure the container will respawn when accessed remotely or is it absolutely needs to be loaded in first. 

Problem is that I'm also using Milk Addict.

It didn't matter, but now some malicious guard steals all my clothes every day and I have to buy a lot of clothes.

He stole my boots. I can't run now. Nobody in Whiterun will sell me regular non-armor boots.

Could we have an option for arbitrarily stolen clothes to go to the confiscation chest? Then you can go and get them for whatever buy-back price you have, or for free, if you don't have one. And if you simply want to be robbed, you can disable the option and the items are lost for good.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Problem is that I'm also using Milk Addict.

It didn't matter, but now some malicious guard steals all my clothes every day and I have to buy a lot of clothes.

He stole my boots. I can't run now. Nobody in Whiterun will sell me regular non-armor boots.

Could we have an option for arbitrarily stolen clothes to go to the confiscation chest? Then you can go and get them for whatever buy-back price you have, or for free, if you don't have one. And if you simply want to be robbed, you can disable the option and the items are lost for good.

Milk addict disables it's tailors automatically if MWA is installed. So it's the MWA system/chest you're using. 

Maybe just try flagging the container as respawn and see what happens. There's only one chest anyway so it won't take long - it's in the hidden cell. 

But I'm not sure if the chest has already been instanced without the flag and therefore won't change or if the container needs it's 3d loaded for it to respawn. 

I've got that no bikinis show up thing again... Very strange.

On a related topic, I used the Forumula thing in Tes5Edit to make all my clothes expensive.

I'd share, but there are so many random clothes mods in there you'd never match it to another game.

It's ironic. I spent so much time reducing the value of over-valued armor (Tera, etc).

Regular clothes now have a high value per weight, but as I can't find or buy any it's somewhat moot.

17 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I've got that no bikinis show up thing again... Very strange.

On a related topic, I used the Forumula thing in Tes5Edit to make all my clothes expensive.

I'd share, but there are so many random clothes mods in there you'd never match it to another game.

It's ironic. I spent so much time reducing the value of over-valued armor (Tera, etc).

Regular clothes now have a high value per weight, but as I can't find or buy any it's somewhat moot.

I'd be interested to see if stealing clothes and selling them to the thieves guild is a bit unbalanced by this?

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I'd be interested to see if stealing clothes and selling them to the thieves guild is a bit unbalanced by this?

Are you suggesting the exploit where you steal NPC's worn clothes?

There's a place for one of your mods to interfere there...

1) Make pickpocket impossible on naked characters, using the system you also use to block pickpocketing while bound.

2) assuming (1) wasn't true, check victims a short delay *after* pickpocket. If they are naked afterwards, add around 500 crime gold to PC. No chance to get away with stealing somebody's clothes, just add it.

Seems like the sort of thing you like.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking around for a L&D patch to have the degrading option on all possible slots, I guess this is it.

Thanks for the mod!

edit: Tried this one out but I have no items in the Equip status that should display item durability, I can see durability only on items that i pick up from corpses.

I guess its because I use non-vanilla weapons and armors.

Maybe it was a bug on my side, but I noticed a dead male npc wearing boots having the "F" tag.  I might be a stupid question, but how is the gender tag assigned to the cloth?  Based on its metadata or based on the gender of the actor wearing it ?  Because it sounds much simpler to simply tag everything worn by a male "M" and female "F".

Also I have a strange issue with items breaking on their own, but my game is so modded that I don't exclude another mod invisibly draining my health.  Maybe to prevent fast travel, who knows...

1 hour ago, mangalo said:

Maybe it was a bug on my side, but I noticed a dead male npc wearing boots having the "F" tag.  I might be a stupid question, but how is the gender tag assigned to the cloth?  Based on its metadata or based on the gender of the actor wearing it ?  Because it sounds much simpler to simply tag everything worn by a male "M" and female "F".

Item fit is assigned based on the Npcs gender and weight. 

I'm not sure what happens if an armor with the _MWA_FemaleFitOnly keyword is found on a male Npc though.

1 hour ago, mangalo said:

Also I have a strange issue with items breaking on their own, but my game is so modded that I don't exclude another mod invisibly draining my health.  Maybe to prevent fast travel, who knows...

Armor can break on rapes. Armor also degrades over time and if it's health is low enough when it happens it'll break. 

Some mods have cloak spells that disintegrate armor very quickly even though they don't do any damage to you. The 'Wenches' series of mods are terrible for this. 

Hi there ?

Quick question, items crafted on a tanning rack should count as player made by MWA and thus should be created as fitting the player, correct?

MY version of Osare Panties has them crafted on tanning racks (my head cannon is tanning rack/textile wheel) but they are not being created in my size and I have to have them resized.

It isn't a huge issue as I am actually thinking of just setting them to always fit with keyword... cuz why not... but it would be preferable for them to have the right size, you know for immersion reasons. Also there are other things crafted on tanning wheels that might also be impacted. 

7 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Tanning rack yes. Tested and seems to work fine.

Textile wheel....? I don't know what that is?

Just head cannon. I think of the tanning rack as also a textile wheel so anything leather or cloth I have assigned to the tanning rack. 

game wise it is just the tanning rack. ?

1 hour ago, branden1213fog2 said:

This is a great mod and i prefer it over L&D and other degradation mods but for some reason when i have it enabled it CTD's when i try to save my game and i've made sure it was this mod just to be sure do yo you have idea why this happens and how i'd go about fixing it? Appreciate any help!

Most common reason to CTD with this mod is using a custom armour/clothing mod that has bad meshes.

I've not heard of this when saving, it normally happens when that item is unequipped/dropped. Are you using any custom armours that would be in play