Mortal Weapons & Armors

16 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I've yet to play the DCL prison part. What's an 'outfit' exactly? 

So is this something like this happening?:

DCL equips item.

MWA says nope, you can't fit into that

DCL say equip the damn item.

MWA says nope, you can't fit into that.

It's a combination of DD items.

DCL equips it just fine, there is no sign of the two mods fighting over it. I assumed so because it doesn't get its durability and gender set (which is probably for the best).

I don't have a save file from the time when I appeared in the prison unfortunately. One is from about 10 minutes after and has about 150 active scripts. Another one is about 2 hours later and has 800 active scripts.

5 minutes ago, Tiress said:

It's a combination of DD items.

DCL equips it just fine, there is no sign of the two mods fighting over it. I assumed so because it doesn't get its durability and gender set (which is probably for the best).

I don't have a save file from the time when I appeared in the prison unfortunately. One is from about 10 minutes after and has about 150 active scripts. Another one is about 2 hours later and has 800 active scripts.

Can you send me the save with 800? I'd like to look at it with a save cleaner. Message it to me if you'd prefer.

12 minutes ago, mangalo said:

This mod looks so dope, especially the male and female differentiation of armors, but I don't think I want to play without the device hider from DD :(

Personally, I've always found the hider annoying tbh. 

Anyway. The problem is Skyrim. If I was to give you two hats. You put one on your head and you put the other into a bag. I can't tell which one is on your head or which one is in the bag without these WornObject() functions and the hider interferes with them by masking slots. 

On 5/11/2019 at 10:34 AM, Mez558 said:

An idea for the mod.

There used to be a lot of people asking for the Fus Ro Dah shout to strip clothings, there is now a mod for this but it only works on the standard slots, head, feet, hands and body.

Could you had add this damage in the same way you have other spell damage? So a user could choose to have it do increased damage to their armour, if they desired?

Sorry I completely forgot to reply to you and it just popped into my head.

I thought of that idea myself at one point. There is a bit of a problem with it though. I'm not sure I could do it justice. You're probably visualizing it blowing all your armor off in one go but the scripts need a perceptible amount of time to run when destroying an armor so they couldn't all be destroyed in one go. I will probably add something though. Give you options on how many armor pieces to hit and how much damage to do etc and you can configure it yourself to whatever looks right. Remind me if I forget. 

28 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Sorry I completely forgot to reply to you and it just popped into my head.

I thought of that idea myself at one point. There is a bit of a problem with it though. I'm not sure I could do it justice. You're probably visualizing it blowing all your armor off in one go but the scripts need a perceptible amount of time to run when destroying an armor so they couldn't all be destroyed in one go. I will probably add something though. Give you options on how many armor pieces to hit and how much damage to do etc and you can configure it yourself to whatever looks right. Remind me if I forget. 

Actually no, not visualizing that at all. Eli's Knock their Boots off does that, albeit with just Feet, hands, head and torso slots and it's a bit excessive (you can also lose items a lot of the time)

Damaging the armour, in the same way the "Fire, Frost or Lightning" does and being able to adjust that damage to armour would be all I think is required.

Reproducible crash (on my system):

Start game, craft "HDT Maid Heels" (uses slots 37 and 47).

Mod: HDT Maid Outfit with Cleavage (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80267?tab=files) I'm using v1.9 (UUNP bodyslide)

I can send the save file if you  need it, but I'm on metered Internet and am currently throttled.

Thanks

Papyrus.0.log StoryManager.0.log plugins.txt

Edit 001: It seems it's not just the heels:

[05/12/2019 - 11:53:16PM] _MWA_: GetMaterialDurabilityBonus() for HDT Maid Bust took 0.063995 seconds to run

Could it be because they're Armor type "Clothing" but with keywords "ArmorLight" and "ArmorMaterialHide"?

1 hour ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Could it be because they're Armor type "Clothing" but with keywords "ArmorLight" and "ArmorMaterialHide"?

Nah that won't cause a crash. It's probably a bad world mesh.

To test. Disable MWA. Create a new game. Add yourself a 'HDT Maid Bust' with the console by:

help "HDT Maid Bust"

Player.AddItem xxxxxxxx 1

Then drop it from your inventory. I'd bet the farm that you'll crash anyway without MWA. I've had a few of those myself. I've 'fixed' some myself by replacing the world mesh with something that doesn't crash it. Like vanilla 'Leather Boots' because I'm not a modeler and don't know how to fix meshes. Below is the path to the world model. You can either try replacing the mesh itself or change the path in TesEdit to another mesh that doesn't crash. 

worldmesh.jpg.6aa372b8fb22d9c86d6ba64b7d296a12.jpg

3 hours ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Reproducible crash (on my system):

Start game, craft "HDT Maid Heels" (uses slots 37 and 47).

Mod: HDT Maid Outfit with Cleavage (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/80267?tab=files) I'm using v1.9 (UUNP bodyslide)

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Nah that won't cause a crash. It's probably a bad world mesh.

To test. Disable MWA. Create a new game. Add yourself a 'HDT Maid Bust' with the console by:

help "HDT Maid Bust"

Then drop it from your inventory. I'd bet the farm that you'll crash anyway without MWA. I've had a few of those myself. I've 'fixed' some myself by replacing the world mesh with something that doesn't crash it. Like vanilla 'Leather Boots' because I'm not a modeler and don't know how to fix meshes. Below is the path to the world model. You can either try replacing the mesh itself or change the path in TesEdit to another mesh that doesn't crash. 

Reveal hidden contents

worldmesh.jpg.6aa372b8fb22d9c86d6ba64b7d296a12.jpg

I have this outfit too and I can confirm what Monoman1 is saying, bad world mesh. It's pointing to it's own 1stperson .nif for world mesh.

I only ever used the Bust, Skirt and Panties so I just changed the world model path to something I knew that worked (under Armor, you can use CK or tesVedit)

2 hours ago, Mez558 said:

I have this outfit too and I can confirm what Monoman1 is saying, bad world mesh. It's pointing to it's own 1stperson .nif for world mesh.

I only ever used the Bust, Skirt and Panties so I just changed the world model path to something I knew that worked (under Armor, you can use CK or tesVedit)

Changed the ground objects in tes5edit, loaded the game, crafted a full set with no crashes.

Wasn't able to wear any of it, 'cause half was wrong gender and the other half was the wrong size, but the game did not crash!

In my regular play style, I don't drop anything -- I either sell it or leave in a chest in a player home. Doubtless that's why I never noticed this before.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Changed the ground objects in tes5edit, loaded the game, crafted a full set with no crashes.

Wasn't able to wear any of it, 'cause half was wrong gender and the other half was the wrong size, but the game did not crash!

In my regular play style, I don't drop anything -- I either sell it or leave in a chest in a player home. Doubtless that's why I never noticed this before.

Thanks!

Glad you got it resolved, odd that after crafting the items were the wrong gender? They've always been the right gender and size whenever I have crafted anything, not always the right name :D but everything else was right.

A lot of mods are set to strip, e.g. Defeat or Sexlab Adventures so I notice things like this quite quickly, depending how well I've done at avoiding attacks.

Also, dropping something that has a bad or no world mesh should not crash your game with out MWA installed. There should be either nothing there or something floating midair that you cannot interact with. It's a bit lazy on the outfit creators part but at the same time easy to fix so can be forgiven :)

25 minutes ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Thanks!

Also interested that crafted items aren't fitting you. They should. 

What object are you creating the items at? Forge/tanning rack etc? Is it a mod added forge/rack?

13 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Also interested that crafted items aren't fitting you. They should. 

What object are you creating the items at? Forge/tanning rack etc? Is it a mod added forge/rack?

It's the smithing station from "Als Elsweyr Rift" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25824).

The mod author describes it as "Allforge -> combines Skyforge with Galmar's Forge (so you can craft crossbows and bolts)"

Edit 001: Similar results from actual Skyforge

loaded the game, COC  whiterunskyforge, and crafted all seven items of the set.

1 came out same gender, right size.

5 came out same gender, wrong size

1 came out opposite gender, wrong size

Papyrus log from Skyforge crafting

Papyrus.0.log

On 5/14/2019 at 2:55 AM, stillnofunnylogin said:

It's the smithing station from "Als Elsweyr Rift" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25824).

The mod author describes it as "Allforge -> combines Skyforge with Galmar's Forge (so you can craft crossbows and bolts)"

Edit 001: Similar results from actual Skyforge

loaded the game, COC  whiterunskyforge, and crafted all seven items of the set.

1 came out same gender, right size.

5 came out same gender, wrong size

1 came out opposite gender, wrong size

Papyrus log from Skyforge crafting

Papyrus.0.log 142.58 kB · 0 downloads

Now that I've thought about it a bit more, it shouldn't matter what crafting object you use as long as the crafting menu is open when the item is processed it should come up fitting you. My advice for now is to give it a second or two to finish before exiting the crafting menu. Also, try not to craft loads of the same thing at a time. It confuses the mod as it needs to drop objects to process them and then you are adding more of the same item on top of it. 

Edit: Also make sure your DD device hider is disabled. That thing wrecks havoc on MWA. See pic for the setting I mean

963752947_DDHider.thumb.jpg.8084e8f44cdbeede1c77153abf96ca45.jpg

27 minutes ago, Sutsiua said:

I'm getting crashes just a few minutes after loading

Papyrus.0.log 178.46 kB · 2 downloads

Most likely a bad world mesh on one of these:

[05/15/2019 - 04:33:52PM] _MWA_: Attack akAggressor: [SOT_MoreChests < (000380BB)>] - . Source: [WEAPON < (0002C672)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:54PM] _MWA_: Degrade: Actor: [SOT_Draugr2 < (000380BB)>]. Item count: 2
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:54PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DegradeCorpse(). ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E0)>]. Base: [WEAPON < (0002C672)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: ObjRefTemp: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E0)>]. Name: Ancient Nord War Axe. i: 1. j: 300
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DispItemDurability. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E0)>]. Base: [WEAPON < (0002C672)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DispItemDurability. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E0)>]. Base: [WEAPON < (0002C672)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DegradeCorpse(). ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E1)>]. Base: [Form < (00012EB6)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: ObjRefTemp: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E1)>]. Name: Iron Shield. i: 0. j: 300
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DispItemDurability. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E1)>]. Base: [Form < (00012EB6)>]
[05/15/2019 - 04:33:55PM] _MWA_: GetDynamicName - CallingFunction: DispItemDurability. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0015E1)>]. Base: [Form < (00012EB6)>]

I hope I didn't remove the traces on object drops last update. I'll have to check tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Sutsiua said:

ok how would i test and fix this?

Disable MWA and create a new game. Then use the console to add the items to yourself:

where xxxxxxxx is the formids from the log. Eg: 0002C672

Then drop them from your inventory which will test if the world model loads ok. 

I'm a bit worried though that I removed the drop traces in the last update which would mean we're looking at the wrong items. 

9 minutes ago, Sutsiua said:

Both models dropped fine no crash?

Ok. Just for testing purposes. Remove new MWA and install v0.37. Then load your crashing save and check the log with that version. Search the log for the last few lines with '_MWA_' and it should tell you what the problem mesh is. 

Edit: I will check the new version tomorrow and add trace before every drop. 

3 minutes ago, Sutsiua said:

I'm not crashing anymore but Idk why. All I did was uninstall face animations then run the game with mwa not .37. Then I did what you said and reinstalled the animations and now nothings wrong so far 

Ok. Potentially its random leveled lists at work and when the npc spawned or the chest was filled with loot it didn't contain the bad mesh.