Mortal Weapons & Armors

On 4/11/2019 at 5:51 PM, Monoman1 said:

I actually never thought of this stupidly. What message comes up? 

I don't know that it is related to the summoned bow now as it doesn't always appear. Kinda just forgotten about it, The bow has never broken so it appears to be immune.

I really enjoy this mod... I like the chance to lose armour in a fight. I like the Gold sink that it creates to keep having armour and clothing fitted and repaired (keeps your character from being able to buy Skyrim after 30 levels) I can live with the odd bugs of miss-named items and occasionally not being able to pick things up because, well, it's a WIP and the Pro's outweight the Con's

But...

How do you make it so your weapons don't break after, like, 5 uses?

I've Set all weapons to durability 100

Lowered the amount of damage they take per attack to .00002

On a new play through it's not challenging, it's frustrating... It's like everything I pick up was made in china and sold on Ebay.

I can't find any other settings, am I missing something?

TBH, I really want it for the Armour damage so a toggle to remove degradation of weapons would be fine with me.

Edit: I suppose the easy answer is just to add them to the Immune list.

Also, something I did on my game was add voice files in place of the female gasps when she loses her armour. So my current character uses the Young Eager voice (Ysolda) and I've added voice files to say

"No, not like this!"

"What the..?" and

"Why, You...!"

Unfortunately the only voice files that use the word "naked" appear to be the Male and Female child, otherwise I would have tried to edit something together.

Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in implementing later. It takes a little while to find appropriate lines but I'm sure all the voice types would have 3 lines that could be used.

15 hours ago, Mez558 said:

But...

How do you make it so your weapons don't break after, like, 5 uses?

I've Set all weapons to durability 100

Lowered the amount of damage they take per attack to .00002

I presume these are weapons you're taking from bodies/the game world that already have low durability? In that case I will probably be adding configuration settings for it. When I get around to it. 

15 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Unfortunately the only voice files that use the word "naked" appear to be the Male and Female child, otherwise I would have tried to edit something together.

Not sure if that would be something you would be interested in implementing later. It takes a little while to find appropriate lines but I'm sure all the voice types would have 3 lines that could be used.

Believe me I know all about the troubles of voiced dialogue. To be honest though, I'm happy with the gasps but feel free to change them. 

Anyone else getting an issue with CTD when trying to buy/sell from Lucan in the Riverwood trader?

This crash seems to be a common thing to happen for various reasons so I cleared out a bunch of mods started a new game. Tested with ok then added MWA and tried again. CTD.

new character and no custom armour or weapons carried.

19 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Anyone else getting an issue with CTD when trying to buy/sell from Lucan in the Riverwood trader?

This crash seems to be a common thing to happen for various reasons so I cleared out a bunch of mods started a new game. Tested with ok then added MWA and tried again. CTD.

new character and no custom armour or weapons carried.

I've traced some of these back to bad world meshes. Disable MWA and try dropping the object in question. You'll probably CTD when it's dropped. If you don't know which object search for some of the last lines in your papyrus log for '_MWA_'. It should tell you which object. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

I've traced some of these back to bad world meshes. Disable MWA and try dropping the object in question. If you don't know which object search for some of the last lines in your papyrus log for '_MWA_'. It should tell you which object. 

OK, I was thinking load order or something conflicting as Lucan seems to be involved in lots of CTD's for various reasons but I've just realised what is likely causing this. I have a mod called lootable unlootables or something like that which adds previously unusable and unlootable items to the loot table and also the to vendors.

The issue seems to be a ragged cap but Lucan doesn't have one in his chest or on his person to sell so I suspect it's the other mod causing the conflict.

I'm going to remove this and start a new game, see if this doesn't resolve the issue.

Could worn items be made exempt from size/gender requirements in a similar way to making items invulnerable to damage?

Trying to use a Mod called PBP - Portable Backpack which, instead of you creating a backpack, assigns one to you which you can drop and load items into like a container, then wear.

Trouble is everytime you equip it MWA tells you it's for Men and PBP fights with it, PBP wins so you can equip the backpack but you end up with duplicates in your Inventory.

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

Could worn items be made exempt from size/gender requirements in a similar way to making items invulnerable to damage?

Trying to use a Mod called PBP - Portable Backpack which, instead of you creating a backpack, assigns one to you which you can drop and load items into like a container, then wear.

Trouble is everytime you equip it MWA tells you it's for Men and PBP fights with it, PBP wins so you can equip the backpack but you end up with duplicates in your Inventory.

If the item is added to the immune list does it make the item fit?

38 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

If the item is added to the immune list does it make the item fit?

Well obviously I've tested that and...

Let me get back you to you real quick ?

*cough* Nothing to see here... Move along.

6 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Well obviously I've tested that and...

Let me get back you to you real quick ?

*cough* Nothing to see here... Move along.

Great :)

that wasnt me being sarcastic btw. It was an actual question - I couldn't remember the answer.

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Great :)

that wasnt me being sarcastic btw. It was an actual question - I couldn't remember the answer.

No Worries, if I do or say something stupid I deserve it.

Found an interesting bug (that I think has already been reported numerous times) and a sort of work around.

I have some custom weapons and armour installed and I've mostly seen this affect them. When creating something it will occasionally rename it to something completely different but also give the item the durability rating of the item who's name it used.

So, for example, Made a Silver Katana, it gets named as Fur Boots with a rating of 14/14. Every time I made one it gave it the same name.

So I used to console to add a Silver Katana (with the idea I would discard the Fur Boots one that I created) but instead of having a Silver Katana and Fur Boots in my weapon inventory I just had a single Silver Katana. It replaced the one I made. To start with that annoyed but then, after checking I wasn't carrying the weight of two realised that's actually resolved the issue.

Have to try it if I have loot anything that has the same problem.

I've been playing with this mod for a while now and I'm loving it! However, I noticed I've got something in my active effects menu called "_MWA_IsInGrindstone" from the source "_MWA_FurnitureDetect". The effect's description also mentions "_MWA_IsInWorkbench". I'm guessing this is only supposed to be there when you're actually in a  working station?

29 minutes ago, Supreme Taco said:

I've been playing with this mod for a while now and I'm loving it! However, I noticed I've got something in my active effects menu called "_MWA_IsInGrindstone" from the source "_MWA_FurnitureDetect". The effect's description also mentions "_MWA_IsInWorkbench". I'm guessing this is only supposed to be there when you're actually in a  working station?

Whoops. Nope. It's a script polling-free method of detecting when you jump into either. It should however, be hidden. If it really bugs you it's really easy to change with tesedit. Just set the 'hide in ui' flag on the magic effects. 

11 minutes ago, DerivedIntegral said:

I hate to be "that guy" but is there an SE port for this? I'm about to try and convert it for myself but I'm lazy so I thought I'd check first.

Apparently, it works.

Quote from @Lugubrious0ne on the previous page. 

Now, also worth noting that I have been running this mod on SSE for the past month or so without any problems whatsover, beyond item name-swapping. When I have used previous versions of this mod in SSE, I would resave in creation kit as I hear you always should, but this time I didn't bother and there have been no negative consequences. Playthrough has lasted well over 30 hours at this point - I know more reports than just mine would be ideal, but honestly I think you should go ahead and list the mod as SSE compatible, or at least make a note in the description. It would be a shame for others to miss this!

Oh, this mod is so cool. Those situations where your armor gets shred by a massive blow from the enemy you actually manage to defeat even almost naked and you just fail to find any fitting armor or clothing to put on. It just plays nice with mods that punish you for running around naked. You could go to town or village to get your armor repaired, but you'd risk being harrased or even worse, raped. Then there is the option to kill some bandits and pray for fitting piece of garbage to put on, but without armor it's just another risk of being defeated, raped and sold to slavery. Not mentioning your follower might take advantage of it too...?

4 minutes ago, Tiress said:

Oh, this mod is so cool. Those situations where your armor gets shred by a massive blow from the enemy you actually manage to defeat even almost naked and you just fail to find any fitting armor or clothing to put on. It just plays nice with mods that punish you for running around naked. You could go to town or village to get your armor repaired, but you'd risk being harrased or even worse, raped. Then there is the option to kill some bandits and pray for fitting piece of garbage to put on, but without armor it's just another risk of being defeated, raped and sold to slavery. Not mentioning your follower might take advantage of it too...?

IKR

That's why, even with the little bugs of incorrectly named items, it's definitely staying in my load order.

24 minutes ago, Tiress said:

Yup, works very well with Barefoot realism too. Finding a good pair of boot is almost more important than clothes. 

20 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

That's why, even with the little bugs of incorrectly named items, it's definitely staying in my load order.

Name bug is definitely numero uno on my hitlist of bugs to squash for MWA. I still don't understand why it happens. 

2 minutes ago, Nepro said:

Does this mod constantly uses 49 slot? Something keeps unequipping LSAR skirts (slot 49) from the player but not from the NPCs. I am trying to figure out which mod is it.

No, I've had no issue with skirts in slot 49. The only issue I've seen with them is if the armour you have has a bad world mesh but this normally causes CTD's when you change cells.

Try dropping you skirt (ahem) and see if there it appears in some manner on the floor.

32 minutes ago, Nepro said:

Does this mod constantly uses 49 slot? Something keeps unequipping LSAR skirts (slot 49) from the player but not from the NPCs. I am trying to figure out which mod is it.

Mwa doesn't use any slot. Slot 49 is devious devices chastity belt though...?

3 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Mwa doesn't use any slot. Slot 49 is devious devices chastity belt though...?

Correct.

MCM -> Devious Devices -> Devices Underneath (1) -> Item Hider Slot -> None (Disabled)
This setting will give fix compatibility issue with LSAR and give you back skirts. 

18 minutes ago, Nepro said:

Correct.

MCM -> Devious Devices -> Devices Underneath (1) -> Item Hider Slot -> None (Disabled)
This setting will give fix compatibility issue with LSAR and give you back skirts. 

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that the device hider should be disabled, full-stop if Using mwa....

It's in big red writing at the top of the page ?

An idea for the mod.

There used to be a lot of people asking for the Fus Ro Dah shout to strip clothings, there is now a mod for this but it only works on the standard slots, head, feet, hands and body.

Could you had add this damage in the same way you have other spell damage? So a user could choose to have it do increased damage to their armour, if they desired?

Hmm... I was sent to DCL prison today and although I don't see anything going wrong, my save has over 800 active scripts from MWA and about the same amount of suspended stacks of _mwa_utility. DCL forces outfit change in prison quiet often and it seem like if MWA was trying to handle them too, but can't since it's unable to re-equip them.

7 minutes ago, Tiress said:

Hmm... I was sent to DCL prison today and although I don't see anything going wrong, my save has over 800 active scripts from MWA and about the same amount of suspended stacks of _mwa_utility. DCL forces outfit change in prison quiet often and it seem like if MWA was trying to handle them too, but can't since it's unable to re-equip them.

I've yet to play the DCL prison part. What's an 'outfit' exactly? 

So is this something like this happening?:

DCL equips item.

MWA says nope, you can't fit into that

DCL say equip the damn item.

MWA says nope, you can't fit into that.