Mortal Weapons & Armors

Character's inventory is empty (S.L.U.T.S. put the inventory into a chest), I'm trying to pick up stuff from the ground, and what I get is a message box that inventory is full. MWA 0.34. The MWA MCM "equip status" shows no inventory.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this fixed in 0.36? Can I upgrade from 0.34 to 0.36?

Thanks

[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: New: OnItemAdded: Fur Shoes. Ref: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: OnItemAdded ERROR for Fur Shoes - THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: MakePersistent: Requested on Fur Shoes. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: MakePersistent: Processing on Fur Shoes. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: Error: MakePersistent: There are no free aliases remaining

The attached file has load order, papyrus log, story manager log, console log, save file and skse co-save from right after the probem.

P.S. Re-loading the save does not exhibit the same behavior. Able to pick up ground objects, such as a weapon, which broke on use.

20190305_MWA_aliases_full.zip

2 hours ago, stillnofunnylogin said:

Character's inventory is empty (S.L.U.T.S. put the inventory into a chest), I'm trying to pick up stuff from the ground, and what I get is a message box that inventory is full. MWA 0.34. The MWA MCM "equip status" shows no inventory.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is this fixed in 0.36? Can I upgrade from 0.34 to 0.36?

Thanks

[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: New: OnItemAdded: Fur Shoes. Ref: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: OnItemAdded ERROR for Fur Shoes - THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: MakePersistent: Requested on Fur Shoes. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: MakePersistent: Processing on Fur Shoes. ObjRef: [ObjectReference < (FF0020D2)>]
[03/05/2019 - 09:48:17PM] _MWA_: Error: MakePersistent: There are no free aliases remaining

The attached file has load order, papyrus log, story manager log, console log, save file and skse co-save from right after the probem.

P.S. Re-loading the save does not exhibit the same behavior. Able to pick up ground objects, such as a weapon, which broke on use.

20190305_MWA_aliases_full.zip 6.47 MB · 0 downloads

Definitely try 0.36. There were some changes that might help.

37 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

.36!??!? 

When did that happen! :P 

They need to fix the file update notifications. ?

Oh I didn't realize notification were broken. Wonder did I miss anything good. 

I've been playing 0.36 for a while. No sign of those nasty alias errors anymore :)

next problem. Has anyone else had problems with objects being named one thing but actually being another thing. Nobody has reported it so I'm wondering if it's a mod conflict for me. 

11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I've been playing 0.36 for a while. No sign of those nasty alias errors anymore :)

Easy, quick repro: gather materials for twenty identical objects (I crafted an apparel item). Craft them all in a row. Watch as MWA goes beserk dropping stuff. I ended up with two items in inventory and unable to pick up anything new because aliases were full.

next problem. Has anyone else had problems with objects being named one thing but actually being another thing. Nobody has reported it so I'm wondering if it's a mod conflict for me. 

Saw it in .34; have not yet seen it in .36.

Next "has anyone seen this," under .36 I checked the box for tempering refits, and once an item looted from a female corpse initialized as male, I could not temper it to refit to female (PC could not equip). Took it to a smith to refit, and afterward the PC could equip it, but the name still indicated it was for a male.

Easy, quick repro: gather materials for twenty identical objects (I crafted an apparel item). Craft them all in a row. Watch as MWA goes beserk dropping stuff.

This still comes back to getting an object reference. MWA still needs to drop objects or place new ones to get an object reference. It just does it at a time that's more convenient now (most of the time). The more you have of the same item, the more things that need to be dropped to get the reference for the one you just created. It's a pain in the ass and I've not figured out any eloquent way of doing it. The mod should be fine if say you already have 10 things in your inventory of the same type and craft one more. But spam crafting the same thing confuses the shit out of the mod as events fire rapidly and may be processed out of order. 

I wonder if RemoveItem() prefers removing objects that haven't got an object reference. Then I could just RemoveItem(WhatYouJustMade) and PlaceAtMe(NewObject with Reference). Would be so much better and faster. But I highly doubt removeitem works that way. So tricky...

Saw it in .34; have not yet seen it in .36.

Did you start a new game with 0.36?

Next "has anyone seen this," under .36 I checked the box for tempering refits, and once an item looted from a female corpse initialized as male, I could not temper it to refit to female (PC could not equip).

Yea I'd say I broke that toggle when I rewrote the tempering script. I'll have a look at it and the description not updating thing. 

I'll tell you one thing though. If you want your character to be naked most of the time, having that option disabled is the way to go. I'd say my character has been naked 60-70% of the time. Between Devious followers and Survival taking all my gold and the refit costs I just can't afford to get covered up. Case in point I had just gotten my lovely Necromancer robes back from a Naked Dungeons event when a guard in Dragons Bridge approached me for sex with DEC. I politely declined but he wasn't taking no for an answer.... and now my robes are in shreds again :(

I'll tell you one thing though. If you want your character to be naked most of the time, having that option disabled is the way to go. I'd say my character has been naked 60-70% of the time. Between Devious followers and Survival taking all my gold and the refit costs I just can't afford to get covered up. Case in point I had just gotten my lovely Necromancer robes back from a Naked Dungeons event when a guard in Dragons Bridge approached me for sex with DEC. I politely declined but he wasn't taking no for an answer.... and now my robes are in shreds again :(

I went looking for the toggle because I was looting male armor from female ex-bandits (the male ex-bandits always seem to reliably spawn male armor . . .).  That there's a way to keep the PC nekkid :P

It seems my emoji-fu is obsolete. Does anyone else miss the days when the emojis were plain text? ? :~(

Devious Devices: ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED SETTING!!!: Devious Devices device hider DISABLED!!!

Can you explain exactly what this means?  Does this mean:

• Don't select "Device Hider + Long Hair" for any of the Devices Underneath slots,
  • Make sure the Item Hider setting (first choice at top) is set to None,
  • Make sure all the Device Hider + Long Hair group settings are set to None,
  • ALL slots must be set to, "None (disabled)"?

Personally I really like to hide the nipple piercings because they look stupid poking through armor, but I don't know if setting the "Body - Full (32) #0" slot to Nipple Piercings causes a conflict with MWA, or if it's just the "Device Hider + Long Hair" option that causes the conflict.

46 minutes ago, cetuximab said:

Can you explain exactly what this means?  Does this mean:

• Don't select "Device Hider + Long Hair" for any of the Devices Underneath slots,
  • Make sure the Item Hider setting (first choice at top) is set to None,
  • Make sure all the Device Hider + Long Hair group settings are set to None,
  • ALL slots must be set to, "None (disabled)"?

Personally I really like to hide the nipple piercings because they look stupid poking through armor, but I don't know if setting the "Body - Full (32) #0" slot to Nipple Piercings causes a conflict with MWA, or if it's just the "Device Hider + Long Hair" option that causes the conflict.

Setting the option at the top to disabled is normally what I do. 

I haven't look into how the device hider works but it must be modifying the slotmasks an armor uses. WornObject() functions are the only function (as far as I can tell) that can tell you exactly what object reference is occupying a particular slot. And if something changes the slot an armor uses the WornObject returns None internally which breaks MWA ability to detect what you just equipped. Say for example you had 2x steel helmets in your inventory. You equip one. But which one was equipped? Most IsEquipped() type functions provided by Bethesda only work on a base form. So they would return true for both steel helmets. Which obviously isn't very useful for MWA. 

I would have thought the hider would only affect devious devices but that doesn't seem to be the case. You can check it out yourself if you like. I don't think there would be any lasting consequences but keep a save. Enable the hider and equip stuff. Wait a second or 2 for MWA to check what just happened and open it's MCMs 'Equip Status'. Is something missing that should be there? 

22 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

I am getting a significant amount of item replication. Especially when I recraft an outfit item that was previously destroyed. 

Need more detail...?

Are you wearing any DDs that might be blocking the equip of whatever you're recreating?

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Need more detail...?

Are you wearing any DDs that might be blocking the equip of whatever you're recreating?

No DD items.

So here is the pattern.

I go into combat wearing outfit (let's call it Fawn's Top)

Fawn's top is destroyed and sent flying. (I usually can't find em after that, and I have it set to always permanently destroy the item) 

later when I craft another fawn's top I will get the new one I just created plus the destroyed one at its last durability level prior to being to losing it before. Sometimes I also get a third one. 

31 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Here is a test run The pictures are an inventory before, what I am crafting and an inventory after shot. 

Reveal hidden contents

1246637039_Fawn-Whiterun2019-03-0900_50_33.thumb.png.55418c0a4cea12f20ffecb13019a497f.png1897363330_Fawn-Whiterun2019-03-0900_50_46.thumb.png.da1db3194a5270e4872804943da1bca3.png680871963_Fawn-Whiterun2019-03-0900_50_52.thumb.png.979571eca9bf564586081cab3d2c858b.png616061310_Fawn-Whiterun2019-03-0900_51_05.thumb.png.20d764dd91885602eb779b7b7857c5ac.png

As you can see it created 2 new ones and 1 that has already been tempered. 

here is the papyrus

Papyrus.0.log 219.24 kB · 0 downloads

Ok I'll check it out when I can. See if it happens on my PC. 

Btw, how the heck are you tempering clothes? I might have made some assumptions in the mod around clothes not being tempered. How does degradation behave?

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ok I'll check it out when I can. See if it happens on my PC. 

Btw, how the heck are you tempering clothes? I might have made some assumptions in the mod around clothes not being tempered. How does degradation behave?

There's a Clothes Tempering mod that was originally designed for Loot and Degradation.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68898?tab=description

I've been using it since I discovered this mod a few days ago.  I haven't seen anything weird, though I also haven't played that much, as literally every other new game I own has been patching and Div 2 comes out Tuesday for me.  I'll squeeze some time in this weekend to see if I get the same replication errors.

Epic mod, by the way.  I'd been trying to find something like this for ages.  L&D was the best I'd found, and it just wasn't cutting it.  Now that clothes have actual HP values and all that, I can finally give that Grandmaster mod a proper shake and try out being a monk!

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Btw, how the heck are you tempering clothes?

@jealco is half correct, I do normally use that mod to temper clothes but in this instance, the outfit is a bash creation of my own, and it has a tempering recipe in the constructible items of my closet mod*. (Temper Clothing - for Loot and Degradation isn't running on this test environment because L&D isn't on. TC doesn't require L&D but on my MO they are merged so one unchecked means both unchecked.) ?

*special mod that has all my personal tweaks, patches, and outfits. ?

Hello, I think you want to check for SexLab.esm like this:

If Game.GetModByName("SexLab.esm") == 255
    Debug.Messagebox("Mortal Weapons & Armors: Sexlab was not detected...")
EndIf

I have no SexLab and 0.36 gives me message boxes in MCM and on load, I'm attaching a possible patch.

Also, I went straight to test the Alternate Start integration and out of the prison I got an all-M15 outfit (Nord preset n. 5, maybe relevant, as a different preset gave me different numbers), no item of which I could wear ("You are too big to fit into...").

So I headed to a blacksmith, who refitted some to M14, yet still couldn't wear anything.

If I coc from the main menu into the game and skip the ASLAL prison I get everything M100, but I can't dress up the same.

I'm about to dig into the sources and this thread to understand how it's working, any clue in the meantime? Can you see your actual size somewhere?

Looking to possibly contribute, I'm loving the ideas brought together in this mod!

sexlab-check.patch

2 hours ago, Pragasette said:

Hello, I think you want to check for SexLab.esm like this:

You should not have gotten that script if SL was not active in your load order when you installed MWA. The FoMod installs different scripts based on what is active in your load order. Copy the scripts folder from archive on path: 'Mortal Weapons And Armors\Conditionals\SL\Inactive' to your Skyrim folder. 

Unfortunately Game.GetModByName() is not enough to prevent really nasty errors if 2 or more mods make a function call to a non-existent external script. Which is the whole purpose of the FoMod installing different scripts. You can read more about that issue here if you wish: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/106848-multiple-mods-with-soft-dependency-to-the-same-resource/

As for the other problems, they may be caused by the 'unable to link type' errors I mentioned above. Start a new game with the correct interface script and see if it still happens. And also make sure your PapyrusUtil is up-to-date and not overwritten by some other mod. 

Edit: Sorry, There's a bug in the inactive SL interface. Try this instead: scripts.7z

But do double check that your PapyrusUtil is up to date and not overwritten by anything. 

With regard to armors not fitting you. Are you changing your characters weight? Or do you have a mod that does it maybe? Honestly I've not tested the mod much as a male character and right now all the sounds are female so that's going to be a problem for male characters! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my development version of MWA with me and can't work on it right now. 

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Edit: Sorry, There's a bug in the inactive SL interface. Try this instead: scripts.7z

I confirm the fixed script removes the warning. To clarify: the fomod installed the right inactive scripts, my bad I quoted the wrong snippet from the active version.

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

But do double check that your PapyrusUtil is up to date and not overwritten by anything.

With regard to armors not fitting you. Are you changing your characters weight? Or do you have a mod that does it maybe? Honestly I've not tested the mod much as a male character and right now all the sounds are female so that's going to be a problem for male characters! Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my development version of MWA with me and can't work on it right now. 

Double checked PapyrusUtil is the latest 3.3, I tested a bare minimum load order before posting, now further stripped down of the bugfixes too:  modwat.ch, no weight change should be happening, but I have no idea how to check my current weight.

Still here's what I get with ASLAL disabled: screenshot 1.

And with ASLAL enabled, my preset: screenshot 2 and what I get once out of the abandoned prison: screenshot 3.

I finally tried to run player.setnpcweight 100 in my former test, but still couldn't wear M100 items, so it appears they are initialized correctly but something else is preventing me to equip them, I'll get into the code and post any finding.

32 minutes ago, Pragasette said:

Hey, thanks for the quick reply!

I confirm the fixed script removes the warning. To clarify: the fomod installed the right inactive scripts, my bad I quoted the wrong snippet from the active version.

Double checked PapyrusUtil is the latest 3.3, I tested a bare minimum load order before posting, now further stripped down of the bugfixes too:  modwat.ch, no weight change should be happening, but I have no idea how to check my current weight.

Still here's what I get with ASLAL disabled: screenshot 1.

And with ASLAL enabled, my preset: screenshot 2 and what I get once out of the abandoned prison: screenshot 3.

I finally tried to run player.setnpcweight 100 in my former test, but still couldn't wear M100 items, so it appears they are initialized correctly but something else is preventing me to equip them, I'll get into the code and post any finding.

Thanks. It's a bug in IsWeightMatch(). Try this: scripts.7z

Turns out not many people here play a male character. Who knew! ;)

I'll try to fix the female sounds when I can. 

Regarding finding out what your weight is. Do you not use RaceMenu? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624

The vanilla menu is a bit shit. RaceMenu will give you an actual number for your weight. 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:57 AM, Corsayr said:

Hey, I've taken a look at this but can not seem to reproduce it. 

Something i've just noticed. You crafted the boots but one pair shows up as tempered. How did it get tempered? Was it something you clicked yourself in the crafting menu or is it done automatically via some script? If it's a script thing it might complicate things. 

Thanks. It's a bug in IsWeightMatch(). Try this: scripts.7z

Turns out not many people here play a male character. Who knew! ;)

I'll try to fix the female sounds when I can.

Great, it seems solved!

There's a couple minor things I'm reporting for the sake of completeness, but I understand if these aren't use cases you want to address - still, how do you manage to develop without cocing around, honest question? ?

• I could wear my starting gear (M15), but I could also equip everything I found in the same cell despite of the label (~F50 and F80), possibly I was still under the 20 seconds grace period and I will test better, other items I found later behaved as expected, so it seems just label mismatch;
  • if I coc and skip ASLAL, sometimes MWA doesn't finish the soft deps check, which results in vanilla items and empty MCM - I thought it was just after the new fixes, but then I verified it happening with original 0.36 too, I'm attaching a log in case you find it of any use: Papyrus.0.log

Regarding finding out what your weight is. Do you not use RaceMenu? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624

The vanilla menu is a bit shit. RaceMenu will give you an actual number for your weight. 

I never used it, I play mostly dead is dead and my characters so far lived shorter than it would take to customize their look ? but I'll consider it at least for testing MWA.

Thank you!