Mortal Weapons & Armors

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

When you're given the Radiant Raiment Fine Clothes, they are quite likely not to fit.

This seems a bit of an oversight on Taarie's part.

Can't expect taarie to have it in your size now can you? ?

I think the most efficient thing I can do in this case is just make the refit cost for that form zero. 

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I think the most efficient thing I can do in this case is just make the refit cost for that form zero. 

Can you make a quest that triggers off you getting that outfit from Taarie that sends you to Salvia to get it refit?

23 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

At least it's feasible to resize it, though you end up paying to do a quest you are supposed to be paid for.

However, when the Radiant Prostitution innkeeper gives you men's clothes to wear for whoring, it's a bit more awkward.

Another oddity is that I have "body only" ticked for the clothes fitting options, but my boots are still being sized and rejected based on size/gender. Perhaps that is by design, but slightly confusing.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

At least it's feasible to resize it, though you end up paying to do a quest you are supposed to be paid for.

Agreed. Which is why I suggested that the refit cost for it should be zero. Or perhaps only the first refit cost. 

However, when the Radiant Prostitution innkeeper gives you men's clothes to wear for whoring, it's a bit more awkward.

Happily, last version of MWA added an api function to give a fitting armor to an actor so a patch is quite doable. 

Another oddity is that I have "body only" ticked for the clothes fitting options, but my boots are still being sized and rejected based on size/gender. Perhaps that is by design, but slightly confusing.

Shouldn't be the case. I'd have to check it out as I don't use that option myself.

21 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Can you make a quest that triggers off you getting that outfit from Taarie that sends you to Salvia to get it refit?

Possibly but seems overkill for such a small problem. 

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Custom armor? Have you checked if the armor creator accidentally added keywords for body?  

I have seen that a couple times where a custom armor looks like the creator just pasted keyword stacks to all the parts. 

On 7/7/2019 at 9:28 PM, Monoman1 said:

Yes. Dropped loot matches the PCs gender and weight. If it's in a chest/on the ground then it is just fitted randomly.

Basically my plan is to have spawned NPCs have random weights (and of course armors matching their weigth).  I have created a bodyslide body that goes from skinny at 0 to fatty at 100 so I'm good on the mesh side for now.  The issue I'm now facing is that spawned NPCs such as bandits are created from a form with a fixed weigth. 

Now, I could use a mod to randomize NPCs weigth, but I'm afraid it will go like this :

Spawned (Fixed weigth, 50) -->  Your mod makes the loot match (50) ---> A randomizer sets the weigth (20)

Will the loot stay to 50 ?

As your mod seems to interract with the spawning phase to adjust the loot, could you maybe set a function to randomize NPCs/bandits weight ?  That way you could ensure the order of things going on :blush:

EDIT : I'm currently trying to find out if the Bodygen feature of Racemenu randomizes the weigth of NPCs, which would make things much more easier...

Perhaps some kind of keyword to indicate female-only armor would stop MWA creating items such as Glam Panties in male fittings?

I have a lot of armor that I can only get from the console (can't really craft it due to FMEA, even if it has recipes), and that (female-only) armor is created with random stats, half the time male, and frequently almost ruined.

Like the Tavern Whore outfit, it needs some way to tell the mod to resize it to fit the player, and if you want to use that to cheat, that's your business.

Perhaps use of that feature could be restricted to twice a day or something?

More availability of tailors seems practical too, I've never managed to repair anything because there are so few places to get it done.

Even with the Jobs of Skyrim tailors pitching in, there aren't really enough.

I end up disabling the fit feature entirely, which is a pity.

As for item repairs, I'm just failing to get them, so that's failing as a cash sink. Most of the time my poor character just wears some plain clothes from vanilla; mostly stuff she finds in barrels and saves for when the others get ripped up. Other times I may have something rubber to wear, they seem to last indefinitely - can't think why :) 

17 hours ago, mangalo said:

Basically my plan is to have spawned NPCs have random weights (and of course armors matching their weigth).  I have created a bodyslide body that goes from skinny at 0 to fatty at 100 so I'm good on the mesh side for now.  The issue I'm now facing is that spawned NPCs such as bandits are created from a form with a fixed weigth. 

Now, I could use a mod to randomize NPCs weigth, but I'm afraid it will go like this :

Spawned (Fixed weigth, 50) -->  Your mod makes the loot match (50) ---> A randomizer sets the weigth (20)

Will the loot stay to 50 ?

As your mod seems to interract with the spawning phase to adjust the loot, could you maybe set a function to randomize NPCs/bandits weight ?  That way you could ensure the order of things going on :blush:

EDIT : I'm currently trying to find out if the Bodygen feature of Racemenu randomizes the weigth of NPCs, which would make things much more easier...

Npc gear is assigned a fit on their death. So as long as their weight is set before they die it should fit them. 

16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Perhaps some kind of keyword to indicate female-only armor would stop MWA creating items such as Glam Panties in male fittings?

Yea I guess a keyword _MWA_FemaleOnly (female would be enough right?) would work. Not sure how much use it would get though. Personally, I don't think even I'd be bothered using it. I've just too many bits and pieces. Also makes clean saving more... arduous. 

Like the Tavern Whore outfit, it needs some way to tell the mod to resize it to fit the player, and if you want to use that to cheat, that's your business.

Like I've said there's a mod event:

RegisterForModEvent("_MWA_AddFittedObject", "On_MWA_AddFittedObject")

Event On_MWA_AddFittedObject(Form akTarget, Form akBaseObject, Float DurMinMod, Float DurMaxMod, Bool Silent) ; DurMin/DurMax: 0.0 - 1.0
EndEvent

Which reminds me. There's a debug messagebox in there I need to delete. 

Other than that I think the best course of action for people who like to CHEAT items (ahem :P) via console is just to add a MCM toggle. Toggle on? then everything added to inventory that doesn't already have a fit automatically fits and is 100% Durability.

More availability of tailors seems practical too, I've never managed to repair anything because there are so few places to get it done.

I think most major towns have one. Where would you add them to?

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:
18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I think most major towns have one. Where would you add them to?

Is there a list of their locations somewhere? I couldn't find one in Windhelm at all.

Places you might find a tailor:

• In a clothes shop (you probably did this, but it's choice no 1 anyway)
  • In the market
  • In a Stormcloak or Imperial camp
  • In a general store (just hanging out in the corner, like a dry-cleaner and repair booth).
  • In an alchemist's shop (as above)
  • In the smithy (as above)
  • In a tavern or inn - having a drink but still prepared to take your dry-cleaning.

They could also be travelling about, on the road, just going places. Maybe khajit caravans could have one?

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:
18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Like I've said there's a mod event:

RegisterForModEvent("_MWA_AddFittedObject", "On_MWA_AddFittedObject")

Event On_MWA_AddFittedObject(Form akTarget, Form akBaseObject, Float DurMinMod, Float DurMaxMod, Bool Silent) ; DurMin/DurMax: 0.0 - 1.0
EndEvent

I don't understand this answer. If I handle the event, what am I supposed to do in it? How does one resize the outfit? Why post this if you have to read the source to figure out the purpose of it anyway?

Also, am I supposed to make or modify a mod to fix the problem of MWA grabbing hold of outfits the game specifically intended for player use and applying inappropriate sizes to them? That seems a bit inconvenient... If that wasn't what you meant, what did you mean?

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Other than that I think the best course of action for people who like to CHEAT items (ahem :P) via console is just to add a MCM toggle. Toggle on? then everything added to inventory that doesn't already have a fit automatically fits and is 100% Durability.

That would be fine. You'd still need to know ahead of time some NPC will give me an outfit, but usually you do know.

35 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Is there a list of their locations somewhere? I couldn't find one in Windhelm at all.

In this order of preference:

In a clothes shop (you probably did this, but it's choice no 1 anyway)

In the market

In a general store

In an alchemist's shop

In the smithy

In a tavern or inn

On the main page :P

Tailor Locations

Riverwood - Riverwood Trader - Yrsa
Whiterun - Belethors Goods - Ellie
Solitude - Radiant Raiment - Salvia
Falkreath - Gray Pine Goods - Eridir
Markarth - Arnleif & Sons Trading - Verania
Windhelm - The White Phial - Ildynea
Winterhold - Birnas Oddments - Githaril
Riften - Haelgas Bunkhouse - Ahdani

And your order is more or less my order. Only difference really is that I prefer adding extra Npcs inside as I'm already struggling for frames in outdoor towns so no extra market npcs. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Windhelm - The White Phial - Ildynea

I tried there!

She was either invisible (HDT bug) or simply hiding.

My Riverwood Trader is strangely packed with NPCs, so another could easily be missed.

It's my interiors that are insanely full of characters. Maybe not Dawnstar, but even there it can get quite active.

Bannered Mare is insane - something like a realistic level of population for a modern pub or cafe.

I don't understand this answer. If I handle the event, what am I supposed to do in it? How does one resize the outfit? Why post this if you have to read the source to figure out the purpose of it anyway?

It's fit to akTarget.

Instead of akTarget.AddItem(akBaseObject) in radiant prostitution or whatever.

If Game.GetModByName("MWA.esp") != 255
  int handle = ModEvent.Create("_MWA_AddFittedObject")
  if (handle)
    ModEvent.PushForm(handle, akTarget)
    ModEvent.PushForm(handle, akBaseObject)
    ModEvent.PushFloat(handle, 0.8)
    ModEvent.PushFloat(handle, 1.0)
    ModEvent.PushBool(handle, false)
    ModEvent.Send(handle)
  endIf

Else
	akTarget.AddItem(akBaseObject, 1, Silent)
EndIf

akTarget = target to fit outfit to (and to give the object to)

akBaseObject = armor you want

DurMin = miniumum durability as a percentage

DurMax = maximum durability as a percentage

Silent = Whether to create a notification or not (if it's the player)

Also, am I supposed to make or modify a mod to fix the problem of MWA grabbing hold of outfits the game specifically intended for player use and applying inappropriate sizes to them? That seems a bit inconvenient... If that wasn't what you meant, what did you mean?

I don't understand. You can't expect MWA to handle every mod that gives an item of armor to the player that should fit?

How is the mod supposed to determine that an item added to the player inventory should fit her and isn't just something she picked up?

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This i like +1

47 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't understand. You can't expect MWA to handle every mod that gives an item of armor to the player that should fit?

How is the mod supposed to determine that an item added to the player inventory should fit her and isn't just something she picked up?

No I don't expect that, and never asked for it. I didn't detail a solution, because I thought the options were obvious.

The MCM toggle that's like "always autofit" would be fine, as would other things.

One solution I never considered was asking other mods to patch to support MWA - that is upside down for sure, and likely won't happen.

For the reverse, all MWA needs to do to support those mods is to make a list with a handful of IDs in it.

Look up the IDs of those items from RP and the vanilla Radiant Raiments quest - it's two items, so not every LL mod in existence - and add them to a list that gets autofit behaviour. You can extend the list of whore outfits in RP, but I don't believe that changes what innkeepers give you, just what customers react to. Or if that's too much pain, ask somebody else to do it :) I could simply open my game and see them in the console.

When a player reports a problem item, or complains of a broken quest or mod, add the occasional item that comes up as needing a workaround to the list and let it flow out with the next release. That's less work than the menu, and a kind of reasonable request, given the friction it would remove from the MWA experience.

For a luxury solution, the player could fix items after the fact, and if that "cheats" MWA out of making your loot unusable, that's the player's business.

Show a list of carried items that don't fit the player and let the player click on them to make them fit/repaired.

I alluded to this when I suggested that nobody would need to use such a feature more than once a game day - which would stop it becoming a habit.

Or maybe that MCM toggle that was suggested.

But what I didn't do was suggest MWA handle every mod. And now, I have suggested it handle at least two, maybe more, but that was just now - not before.

42 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

No I don't expect that, and never asked for it. I didn't detail a solution, because I thought the options were obvious.

The MCM toggle that's like "always autofit" would be fine, as would other things.

One solution I never considered was asking other mods to patch to support MWA - that is upside down for sure, and likely won't happen.

For the reverse, all MWA needs to do to support those mods is to make a list with a handful of IDs in it.

Look up the IDs of those items from RP and the vanilla Radiant Raiments quest - it's two items, so not every LL mod in existence - and add them to a list that gets autofit behaviour. You can extend the list of whore outfits in RP, but I don't believe that changes what innkeepers give you, just what customers react to. Or if that's too much pain, ask somebody else to do it :) I could simply open my game and see them in the console.

When a player reports a problem item, or complains of a broken quest or mod, add the occasional item that comes up as needing a workaround to the list and let it flow out with the next release. That's less work than the menu, and a kind of reasonable request, given the friction it would remove from the MWA experience.

For a luxury solution, the player could fix items after the fact, and if that "cheats" MWA out of making your loot unusable, that's the player's business.

Show a list of carried items that don't fit the player and let the player click on them to make them fit/repaired.

I alluded to this when I suggested that nobody would need to use such a feature more than once a game day - which would stop it becoming a habit.

Or maybe that MCM toggle that was suggested.

But what I didn't do was suggest MWA handle every mod. And now, I have suggested it handle at least two, maybe more, but that was just now - not before.

Sure. A list is a sensible option. 

Consider though if all of a sudden the whore outfit from radiant prostitution were to be distributed in containers/npcs across skyrim. In that case the list breaks down and every outfit you come across magically fits you. 

Of course that's probably not going to be a problem for RP but you see what I mean. 

I will probably add it anyway. User beware etc. 

Edit: Also each item processed through MWA (which is every item in the world really) will have to be checked against the list = not great efficiency. 

15 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Consider though if all of a sudden the whore outfit from radiant prostitution were to be distributed in containers/npcs across skyrim. In that case the list breaks down and every outfit you come across magically fits you. 

Sure. But I wouldn't actually mind. It's a low value item and you can ask any innkeeper for one, so they are already a bit like you describe.

Of course if you run around in those whore clothes, expect the occasional interested customer to come up to you ...

I tag mine "Illegal" but it does nothing :( 

For the Radiant Raiment item, it's a unique quest object, so I don't think the same problem applies.

Why are we having this debate though? It's become silly. I set out to try and make minimal suggestions on how to fix the problem so as to avoid this exact kind of thing happening.

I just pointed out the problem(s) I had.

I was surprised to see them given the extraordinary lengths you've gone to in other areas.

• Rose panties only for men. (Sure ... maybe this is possible, but there's not much room in those panties).
  • Bras only for men. (I laughed). The brobra?
  • Innkeepers that give you an outfit you can't wear to mark you as a whore. Fortunately you can just go naked.
  • A pretentious elf who takes obsessive pride in her merchandise handing you an item that won't fit you to show off to the queen.

Fix or do not fix. However you like. It's your thing.

But I'd rather have a half-decent fix with some holes, than no fix at all.

I was actually suggesting add the FemaleOnly keyword to a base mod, one that already has an item keyword tagging menu - though that only works for items you are wearing.

35 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Edit: Also each item processed through MWA (which is every item in the world really) will have to be checked against the list = not great efficiency. 

Presumably you only pass clothing items into the fit-processor, so that's not all items, just all wearable items.

The list check is one function call, the internals of which are native code. There is no performance cost in any real terms. Papyrus is many thousands of times slower than the check time just to handle a simple increment on an Int.

It might be a net gain in some ways, as I should imagine the processing required for an item with a random fit is more than simply assigning cached constants. In either case, that fit processor cost is going to dominate the performance by a significant factor. Trust me. Calling Find on an array costs the same as any other native call because the Papyrus cost far outweighs the native execution cost.

Find is an instant return, it isn't a task like the incredibly costly GetWornForm() - it's going to impact your performance about as much as the call to GetFormID() that you use to get the ID to search for will.

19 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Because it helps me think :P

I would guess that if you don't use FMEA, then crafting your own outfit is easier than finding one in a chest or on a vendor.

If you craft one, who does it fit?

I don't even need FMEA really - my SLD setup makes smithing all but impossible for women who lack the build for it.

And smithing while naked? I wouldn't recommend it!

(That actually sounds like an SLS feature ... smithing while naked can result in nasty burns). But what about tailoring as its own skill? That's a safer pursuit for ladies!

But the recipes for the Bewitching set are trivially easy to get materials for. It looks nice too, and has no enchantments or armor value. Actual clothes! At least my version of it has no armor value, there's probably a light-armor version. Some of the stuff in TAWoBA is very easy to make, if you can find the recipes.

But what's your goal? To stop the PC easily getting an outfit after a clothes confiscation?

Most purchases will be stopped by the license, or at least require a certain commitment :) to get past the paperwork request.

Towns aren't full of chests that spew free gear. At least mine aren't.

I can ask an innkeeper for work though ... but then, what do I get? The "hole" there is that RP doesn't impose a minimum amount you have to make before you can stop working.

Follower stealing clothes is different. They might not take all your clothes. You could easily (probably would) have spares anyway.

What MWA actually does, most of the time, is stop you using armor and robes you pick up as loot - and in that case you are miles from any guards, tailors, or innkeepers.

It is highly effective at blocking most of that loot. Allowing some cheap whore clothes and a quest item won't compromise that ... what other items you add later, I guess you can worry about them when you add them?

Small question, 

I'm mostly enjoying this mod... I wind up running around naked and dying a lot because of it so mostly... lol but anyway, question is, is the phrase "I simply cannot carry anymore" and making my char drop all her things coming from this particular mod? I was reading the description and I didn't see anything referencing it, but this is one of the new additions I put in so it might be this or one other I think. 

Either way, thanks for the mod and yes, I would like a toggle so I can add my pretty armor :)

-C

16 minutes ago, Carida said:

Small question, 

I'm mostly enjoying this mod... I wind up running around naked and dying a lot because of it so mostly... lol but anyway, question is, is the phrase "I simply cannot carry anymore" and making my char drop all her things coming from this particular mod? I was reading the description and I didn't see anything referencing it, but this is one of the new additions I put in so it might be this or one other I think. 

Either way, thanks for the mod and yes, I would like a toggle so I can add my pretty armor :)

-C

That message means all the inventory tracking aliases are filled. Beths OnContainerChanged isn't very reliable (which should be cleaning things up)

To fix it. Simple save your game and load that save. And the alias cleanup will run. 

It shouldn't happen very often unless you're bringing the kitchen sink or you haven't saved/loaded in a long time. 

Hello. first off let me say I love the mod. It scratched an itch that Loot and Degradation couldn't.

Recently I a came back to to Skyrim after a little break and saw the mod has gone through many iterations since I left. I've been trying to test out the new features the best I can but I think I've been running into an issue addressed in the F.A.Q. dealing with crashes when changing cells. The F.A.Q. says to check the log to narrow down the armor that might be causing the issue. The problem is I don't know how to access said log.

So I have a couple questions.

How do you access the log?

After I identify the problem what are the next steps? Do we report the problem to you?

And finally will there be an update in the future that will deal with the problem?

Your mod was one of my favorites prior to my break, and I'd really rather not go back Loot and Degradation.

39 minutes ago, meeper said:

How do you access the log?

The logs are at: \Documents\my games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\

Papyrus.X.log

0 is the newest

1 is from the session before and so on.

If there's nothing there then it means that logging is not enabled. In that case, read this: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=User:DavidJCobb/Papyrus_logging

40 minutes ago, meeper said:

After I identify the problem what are the next steps? Do we report the problem to you?

44 minutes ago, meeper said:

And finally will there be an update in the future that will deal with the problem?

Ah not really. There isn't a whole lot I can do about this. You see it's a problem with the armor. Armor modders have been getting away with it for years because normally what happens when you install an armor mod? How do you get it? You normally get it from a container or console it to yourself or craft it. In all of these cases the world model is never rendered as the item goes from container to container. And then you bring it to breezehome and dump it in another container. MWA NEEDS to drop the object to the ground for the mod to work. It's a fundamental requirement for the mod to work so this is why this problem happens. 

Solutions: 

1. Uninstall the armor mod

2. Uninstall MWA.

3. Fix the mesh itself.

1 and 2 are pretty straight forward. 

3... A little less so. How do you feel about TesEdit? Just know that we wouldn't really be fixing the mesh as I don't know how. We'd replace it with a model that should work fine (Eg. leather boots). Should fix any crashes but it will look like leather boots in inventory/the world.