Mortal Weapons & Armors

12 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Hey, I've taken a look at this but can not seem to reproduce it. 

Something i've just noticed. You crafted the boots but one pair shows up as tempered. How did it get tempered? Was it something you clicked yourself in the crafting menu or is it done automatically via some script? If it's a script thing it might complicate things. 

sometimes one of the items is tempered, I originally thought it was the previously destroyed item come back to life. but It seems like they are always fine tempered when it happens... The sampling of tempered duplicates it so infrequent I can not say with any certainty why it is sometimes. But the duplication is consistent. Every time I craft part of this outfit I get 3 or 4 copies 100% of the time. 

8 hours ago, Corsayr said:

sometimes one of the items is tempered, I originally thought it was the previously destroyed item come back to life. but It seems like they are always fine tempered when it happens... The sampling of tempered duplicates it so infrequent I can not say with any certainty why it is sometimes. But the duplication is consistent. Every time I craft part of this outfit I get 3 or 4 copies 100% of the time. 

Is it specific to that particular outfit? If so, that's pretty bizarre. Where can I download this mod?

Good news!

The newest patch appears to have fixed item duplication!!! ??‍♀️?

Everything else appears to be working fairly well, it still gets a little jumpy if you hit "take all" on a container with a bunch of outfit or weapon items... but runs okay when being more considerate and giving the mod time to digest new aliases. ?

I have one wishlist feature (okay, one more wish list item.) ?

I have mine set up in such a way that the total destruction of a standard item is way more likely than damaged. But, it would be nice to have a separate setting for unique or rare items so they can degrade but only get damaged. Example: I would like it if when I use an artifact type weapon that would typically be set to immune, have a setting that instead treats it the same as normal equipment, but cannot be destroyed. (that make sense?) 

I don't want to make these items immune and totally negates degradation (why run MWA in the first place, right?), but I don't want things like The Ax of Whiterun to ever get permanently destroyed. At the same time, I don't want to set it so nothing gets destroyed because I like the degradation mod to be a financial balance. 

6 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Good news!

The newest patch appears to have fixed item duplication!!! ??‍♀️?

Everything else appears to be working fairly well, it still gets a little jumpy if you hit "take all" on a container with a bunch of outfit or weapon items... but runs okay when being more considerate and giving the mod time to digest new aliases. ?

I have one wishlist feature (okay, one more wish list item.) ?

I have mine set up in such a way that the total destruction of a standard item is way more likely than damaged. But, it would be nice to have a separate setting for unique or rare items so they can degrade but only get damaged. Example: I would like it if when I use an artifact type weapon that would typically be set to immune, have a setting that instead treats it the same as normal equipment, but cannot be destroyed. (that make sense?) 

I don't want to make these items immune and totally negates degradation (why run MWA in the first place, right?), but I don't want things like The Ax of Whiterun to ever get permanently destroyed. At the same time, I don't want to set it so nothing gets destroyed because I like the degradation mod to be a financial balance. 

While I understand what you mean and wouldn't mind it as an option, it is trickier than it would seem. Most of these 'unique' weapons and armors have nothing in common. The Axe of whiterun is only a randomly enchanted axe in vanilla skyrim for example. There's no reference to it at all that I can find in TesEdit. Others like the Pale Blade don't have any distinguishing factors either. The only method I can think of right now is to check the object name against a list (a potentially very long list) of strings for every object added to your inventory or when equipped. But I don't think this is very practical. 

Actually, what I would like to see for total destruction (at least for armors) is a configurable granularity based on damage type.  So, for instance, I could set a higher chance of fire damage destroying clothes (burned away), frost for heavy armors (becomes brittle and shatters), etc.

Personally, for unique stuff like the Axe of Whiterun I can make it immune, although in all likelihood it's just going up on a plaque in Breezehome anyway XD

Edit:  I realized, that would probably be a fuckton of work considering all the possible permutations.  If we could at least have one slider per damage type, that would be ok too.  Or maybe just a logical selection of increased chances, like "fire and blades make clothes get destroyed easier"

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

While I understand what you mean and wouldn't mind it as an option, it is trickier than it would seem. Most of these 'unique' weapons and armors have nothing in common. The Axe of whiterun is only a randomly enchanted axe in vanilla skyrim for example. There's no reference to it at all that I can find in TesEdit. Others like the Pale Blade don't have any distinguishing factors either. The only method I can think of right now is to check the object name against a list (a potentially very long list) of strings for every object added to your inventory or when equipped. But I don't think this is very practical. 

I should point out that I don't mind adding keywords in TES5Edit to items manually if that makes life easier, and anyone using mods should know how to do minimally complicated things like that. But ideally, I see it working just like the immune item system, where you simply tell it what items are like that via a "next item I equip" system. ? 

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

I should point out that I don't mind adding keywords in TES5Edit to items manually if that makes life easier, and anyone using mods should know how to do minimally complicated things like that. But ideally, I see it working just like the immune item system, where you simply tell it what items are like that via a "next item I equip" system. ? 

Guess I could do that. Just to point out though that this wouldn't work for the likes of the Axe of whiterun as it doesn't have a formid. In vanilla at least. 

5 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Actually, what I would like to see for total destruction (at least for armors) is a configurable granularity based on damage type.  So, for instance, I could set a higher chance of fire damage destroying clothes (burned away), frost for heavy armors (becomes brittle and shatters), etc.

Personally, for unique stuff like the Axe of Whiterun I can make it immune, although in all likelihood it's just going up on a plaque in Breezehome anyway XD

Edit:  I realized, that would probably be a fuckton of work considering all the possible permutations.  If we could at least have one slider per damage type, that would be ok too.  Or maybe just a logical selection of increased chances, like "fire and blades make clothes get destroyed easier"

It might be doable. But those scripts are already pretty complex. We'll see. 

I love this kind of mod a lot, search it from very beginning when I play skyrim. When I back and found out about your mod, I got try it......

But sadly... It conflict with skyUI Hotkey and Equipment HUD, maybe because you add valuem behind weapons and equietments, everytime they change, hotkey won't find them anmore. Hopefully there's a way to work with those mods.

The other things I'm thinking was different style to play Skyrim.

If it's possible, add few cyclers hotkey from your mod. Like press 1 will cycler equipt through one hand weapons at right hand from player's inventory, press 2 is left hand, press 3 two hand weapeons, press 4 maybe bows and so on.....

Yes, I'm talking about grab a weapon form dead enemenis or at nearby then continue to fight.... Yes, not exactly what your mod want to do right now, but I think kill a guy really not necessary need to broke his weapon first. Maybe a adjustable probability not make weapon too broken in MCN, of course,  a hard core check box make weapon always seriously damaged could be add for some players.

I want continue to test your mod, but I'm really tired to re-equipt by opening inventory, especially DCL and other mods love to take them off every couple minutes.....

I'll continue to keep eyes on your mod and hopefully will test it again soon....

I probably missed this in the MCM menu but is there an option to instead of becoming naked when armor breaks that a temp degraded clothing model is applied IE maybe Rags or something instead of being naked or should I just put on underwear and make it immune to the tearing?

3 hours ago, Soap desu said:

I probably missed this in the MCM menu but is there an option to instead of becoming naked when armor breaks that a temp degraded clothing model is applied IE maybe Rags or something instead of being naked or should I just put on underwear and make it immune to the tearing?

There isn't. Though something similar was requested where there are armors available that have a good state and a broken/ripped version.

Guest AthenaESIV
1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

There isn't. Though something similar was requested where there are armors available that have a good state and a broken/ripped version.

If you took this mod, and had custom sets of armor (or a way to configure a piece of armor to have broken variants in the MCM) that degraded over time and got more skimpy as they degraded, it would be incredible.

Maybe LL could convince an armor creator like Melodic or someone to build a set of armor that has 2-5 stages of breaking that gets progressively skimpier, and if Monoman had a naming convention for the NIF files this mod could cycle through them appropriately. The problem I see with this (besides all the work involved) is there would likely be a flash when the character went naked while the mod swapped the armors.

28 minutes ago, AthenaESIV said:

If you took this mod, and had custom sets of armor (or a way to configure a piece of armor to have broken variants in the MCM) that degraded over time and got more skimpy as they degraded, it would be incredible.

Maybe LL could convince an armor creator like Melodic or someone to build a set of armor that has 2-5 stages of breaking that gets progressively skimpier, and if Monoman had a naming convention for the NIF files this mod could cycle through them appropriately. The problem I see with this (besides all the work involved) is there would likely be a flash when the character went naked while the mod swapped the armors.

Yea that would be pretty sweet. But even though you say it would be a lot of work I still think you under-estimate. It would be an absolute shit ton of work. And yea, the new armor would have to be equipped over the old. But honestly that can be done very quickly. Npcs currently do that when they die with MWAs Npc scanner on. 

Someone linked me to an armor mod page a while back that had a few pretty cool looking armors that had various stages of breakages. But damned if I can find it now. It was either here or over in the milk addict thread. I'll dig for it later if I can find the time. 

Guest AthenaESIV
17 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Yea that would be pretty sweet. But even though you say it would be a lot of work I still think you under-estimate. It would be an absolute shit ton of work. And yea, the new armor would have to be equipped over the old. But honestly that can be done very quickly. Npcs currently do that when they die with MWAs Npc scanner on. 

Someone linked me to an armor mod page a while back that had a few pretty cool looking armors that had various stages of breakages. But damned if I can find it now. It was either here or over in the milk addict thread. I'll dig for it later if I can find the time. 

Oh whenever I suggest things like that, I always imagine it is MUCH worse than I imagine it being, haha. Nothing but respect for the code you guys throw together for all of us for free, it's really amazing.

I think the best way to simulate armor break is to use a mod like The Wonderful world of bikini Armor (or another mod with tons of slots occupied) and use your mod. It already has the settings to break 1-n pieces at once per hit so it is perfect.

Guest AthenaESIV
21 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I know that mod, it is pretty old. I am happy with how it is setup now. Your mod works really good as is no need for the breakable armor thing!

Melodics things are awesome but usually not broken (although a few are) but he made several tops where the breasts spill out (and covered versions too) so that would already be a great feature too^^

The old mod Athena was refering to is probably this: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1559-break-undies-plus/

Unfortunatly it was given up, it has a couple of armors where this feature works, though. No idea if the authors are still around or if it's possible to get permissions to use their assets. If you'd be intrested in something like that.^^

But maybe it would be possible to just check for (in)compatibilities and make it a soft dependency, afaik it's fully functional, i just don't like the armors that much.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

Check the FAQ. You likely have a bad mesh. 

?It works when MWA is disabled... I mean not well, it is a mesh of an outfit bash that I am working on... So it does have problems ?

Is MWA somehow pickier with meshes than normal Skyrim?  

46 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Is MWA somehow pickier with meshes than normal Skyrim?  

Nope. It's just that MWA drops them. So it's the world model that's usually the problem. Some armor mod authors don't seem to put a whole lot of time into them. 

15 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Nope. It's just that MWA drops them. So it's the world model that's usually the problem. Some armor mod authors don't seem to put a whole lot of time into them. 

that is helpful! thank you. 

Hi, new fun problem!

When I go to take something off a weapon rack it disappears.

Spoiler

1870515946_Fawn-LakeviewManor2019-04-0309_02_30.thumb.png.adfacabc6b7ed3c8058cfffc95dbc299.png1929278004_enb2019_04_0309_02_35_51.thumb.jpg.dce64628cc4cb734fa2e9e4a557abae7.jpg1232196260_Fawn-LakeviewManor2019-04-0309_02_47.thumb.png.4c506d0e3d2b8efe599d54d55c24aa81.png

If this helps I had also had an issue with items dropping, and I could not pick them up. Getting the message that my inventory was full or something. That happened last night before saving and was gone this morning when I reloaded. But might be connected. 

Papyrus.0.log