Mortal Weapons & Armors

2 hours ago, Fawk said:

Can’t wait to try this. Will I run into any trouble if I’m running remolded armor replacer and a lore weapons mod? 

Most mods should be fine. 

Remodeled armor is a bit of an exception. Because you convert existing outfits at the tanning rack the mod thinks you crafted them and will resize them to fit you and they'll be full durability. Which is a bit.... cheaty in my book but other than that it should be fine. 

wow i just tried this mod and it gives a complete new dimension to armors. Interests in building your personnal armors is real. And profession like enchanting become important. FISS possibility  for MCM is needed cause i found your base configuration for degradation and durability harsh (but near realism) for a gameplay and it's tile consuming to change each slides at each new game.

27 minutes ago, Barzing said:

wow i just tried this mod and it gives a complete new dimension to armors. Interests in building your personnal armors is real. And profession like enchanting become important. FISS possibility  for MCM is needed cause i found your base configuration for degradation and durability harsh (but near realism) for a gameplay and it's tile consuming to change each slides at each new game.

What's wrong with the 'Import/Export settings' buttons? :P

50 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Nope. Only the player character. 

Darn, I find it so strange that over all these years there isn't any mod that does than. Is there some kind of a limitation with Skyrim that's making its implementation unlikely?

Regardless of that, your mod still looks pretty neat! I'll give it a try but I'm worried how Requiem will react.

14 minutes ago, fakelake said:

Is there some kind of a limitation with Skyrim that's making its implementation unlikely?

Wouldn't be worth applying all of MWA to every Npc imo. Too much script load. There was a mod mentioned somewhere in this thread that does it. Can't remember the name of it right now.

1 hour ago, fakelake said:

but I'm worried how Requiem will react.

I also use requiem :)

22 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Wouldn't be worth applying all of MWA to every Npc imo. Too much script load.

What about a line of sight? i.e. mod is only active on NPCs when they are within some distance to the player, or have a purely random chance for NPC armor to break if they get hit?

There was a mod mentioned somewhere in this thread that does it.

Thanks for the tip! I'll look around for it.

I also use requiem :)

Neat!

2 hours ago, fakelake said:

Darn, I find it so strange that over all these years there isn't any mod that does than. Is there some kind of a limitation with Skyrim that's making its implementation unlikely?

Regardless of that, your mod still looks pretty neat! I'll give it a try but I'm worried how Requiem will react.

I use Equipment Durability System by Felisky384 to control NPC equipment damage.

It is very lightweight (no esp) just DLL control. 

Sadly it only does Body / Feet / Hands / Helmet which is fine for NPCs I guess.

To make it only do NPCs and not the Player go into the .ini file and set all the degradation level to 1/100th of their current levels and set the NPC multiplier to x100.

PS according to his permissions people are allowed to integrate his assets into other mods as long as you give credit (hint hint MM1 for potential NPC tracking!) ? 

Hi again,

Thanks for the pointers. I didn't have a log active and used the link provided to enable them. Been testing my game off and on this week and I have good news and bad news, for me at least.

The good news. I'm pretty sure that Mortal Weapons and Armors isn't what has been crashing my game. The log rarely mentions mwa and nothing really about it dropping anything.

The bad news. I think I'm having trouble with Devious Devices or at the very least Hydra Slave Girls. The logs mentions a bunch of errors around Devious Devices. My character wasn't wearing any... yet. The only ones wearing any were the nearby slave girls. A quick disabling of Slave Girls and my freezes seemed to have stopped. But now I have to figure out whats going on with those mods. I also thought it was odd that on a new character that I wasn't have cell trouble away from towns.

Anyways, again thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure why but my weapons break very fast. Especially bows break when i shoot, even if enemies are far from me (it's not that they are hitting it). Just now a couple hits with 30/100 dagger sent it down to 24/100, and that's after 2 pieces of armor and warhammer broke. This all happened in a matter of 5 seconds. Degradation settings for normal attacks says it should take 200 hits to degrade 1 level... To me it's more like 1 hit for 1 level. The over time degradation is disabled too.

The version is 0.39.

16 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I'm not sure why but my weapons break very fast. Especially bows break when i shoot, even if enemies are far from me (it's not that they are hitting it). Just now a couple hits with 30/100 dagger sent it down to 24/100, and that's after 2 pieces of armor and warhammer broke. This all happened in a matter of 5 seconds. Degradation settings for normal attacks says it should take 200 hits to degrade 1 level... To me it's more like 1 hit for 1 level. The over time degradation is disabled too.

The version is 0.39.

Temper your gear.  The degradation rate listed is to lower one level of tempering.  The item, if not tempered, loses one point of HP per hit (or per shot, if a bow).  Gotta get that gear tempered.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Mez558 said:

The tempering re-fitting armour doesn't seem to work for me.

I think I remember breaking that. Almost intentionally as there's a disconnect between how much it costs to refit something with a blacksmith/tailor and how much is costs to temper something yourself (Practically nothing - One ingot)

On 8/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Mez558 said:

Also, dropped/stripped pieces changing size and gender, was this always a known issue or something new?

Depends on how long it's been out of the mods systems. The mod can't track everything (nor should it) so it's got to cut it's losses at some point. 

On 8/4/2019 at 5:41 AM, meeper said:

Anyways, again thanks for the advice.

Just keep in mind that the papyrus log is NOT a crash log. 

The only reason you can tell MWA is not at fault is because I added lines of code that output to the log before running something that can potentially cause a CTD.

If it's not anticipated by the modder then it won't be captured in the log, in general. 

On 8/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, Zaflis said:

Degradation settings for normal attacks says it should take 200 hits to degrade 1 level... To me it's more like 1 hit for 1 level. The over time degradation is disabled too.

The version is 0.39.

Yea jealco is right. The settings you are referring to are for temper level reduction only. Untempered items only use durability. 

Also you should be aware that certain things will wear faster when hit with certain weapon types. An example is Warhammers/maces/frost magic versus heavy armor. Blades/fire damage versus clothes. 

And as well as that light weapons are not good for blocking against heavier weapons. Blocking a warhammer with a dagger isn't great for the dagger, it will break very quickly. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

I think I remember breaking that. Almost intentionally as there's a disconnect between how much it costs to refit something with a blacksmith/tailor and how much is costs to temper something yourself (Practically nothing - One ingot)

Can we get that unbroken, please. ?

I use that a lot especially when testing outfits.

11 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Can we get that unbroken, please. ?

I use that a lot especially when testing outfits.

If/When I get back to MWA. Remind me if I don't remember. 

I meant to ask you. That Npc armor breaking mod. How does it work exactly? Do Npcs just unequip the item when it breaks? Is chance of breaking just random? What happens when an Npc dies?

I guess I could just try it myself but I'm short on time. 

So I was having some issues with the mod that nearly lead me to uninstall it :(

I was losing my two primary weapons, they'd just disappear! This happened after a Defeat event, specifically being robbed but it seemed to happen without being robbed too and then happened when I tried to add the weapons to the immune list.

I suspect it was due to having a lot of looted weapons and robes in my inventory, many of which were the same type.

So my two primary weapons were Honed Silver Scimitars from Immersive weapons that were enchanted, not that I think the weapon made much difference but the fact there was a matching pair might have.

Adding one of the weapons to the immune list would then drop the weapon at which point it would then disappear and the one in my inventory would follow suit.

My fix; Store them both in a container (used a barrel close by) console to additem of that type and then add this to the immune list, again I dropped the weapon (but it didn't vanish) do whatever you want with the weapon now on the floor. Collect your weapons from the container. All done. Now they are on the immune list they seem to be safe from getting lost in my bag of holding (which I must have considering the amount of crap I can carry) :)

I am getting some interesting quirks that I think are down to MWA but I cannot be sure. Looted items duplicating (weapons and armour only, which is why I think it's MWA) and items I have sold long ago returning to my inventory?!?

Seriously, I have a pair of Iron Hand Gauntletts that I have probably sold 5 times now and a Skull Axe that I enchanted and sold keeps coming back as well, I ended up turning that into ingots as it was an IW item.
Anyone else seeing this? It could just be me, my install is old and flakey as fuck at times :D

9 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

If/When I get back to MWA. Remind me if I don't remember. 

I meant to ask you. That Npc armor breaking mod. How does it work exactly? Do Npcs just unequip the item when it breaks? Is chance of breaking just random? What happens when an Npc dies?

I guess I could just try it myself but I'm short on time. 

It degrades tempering till untempered then breaks. Broken items are gone.  

4 hours ago, Mez558 said:

I am getting some interesting quirks that I think are down to MWA but I cannot be sure. Looted items duplicating (weapons and armour only, which is why I think it's MWA) and items I have sold long ago returning to my inventory?!?

Seriously, I have a pair of Iron Hand Gauntletts that I have probably sold 5 times now and a Skull Axe that I enchanted and sold keeps coming back as well, I ended up turning that into ingots as it was an IW item.
Anyone else seeing this? It could just be me, my install is old and flakey as fuck at times :D

MWA is a quirky mod. No doubt. I've seen the issue you mentioned but damned if I know where it's coming from. I couldn't even guess and it's not something that happens reliably so I could recreate it. Which is why I haven't gotten anywhere with that one. 

I *think* if you dump the offending item in a barrel and open the console, click on the barrel and type 'RemoveAllItems' it stops that item from coming back. I think...

@Monoman1 Me over here also now. :) I love this mod.

Is there anything to be done for it giving wrong clothes on instances like RP Tavern clothes? Also.. 99% time anything I pick up from anywhere minus a female NPC is male some ridiculous low weight.  Tho' it happens that female can and do give male items on occasion. ?  BTW.. this chugs along nicely beside Survival. I ve not seen any issues come up because of that, at least not that I can identify. 

I also believe it was this.. that caused the Jagged Crown to not advance. I could not get it off corpse, had to use console to advance the pickup.  Other than that, no problems. That quest worked fine after that. Have not found others yet. :) THANKS!!!!

42 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

Is there anything to be done for it giving wrong clothes on instances like RP Tavern clothes?

Not currently. But I might add a list you can add to later where if the item is in the list it will always fit you. 

43 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

Also.. 99% time anything I pick up from anywhere minus a female NPC is male some ridiculous low weight.  Tho' it happens that female can and do give male items on occasion.

You mean a dead male bandit sometimes has female clothes and vice versa?

I don't know why that would be. The sex of your crosshair ref the moment the inventory window opens is checked. Unless there's something weird going on with GetSex() or sex not being sex properly etc.

45 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

I also believe it was this.. that caused the Jagged Crown to not advance. I could not get it off corpse, had to use console to advance the pickup.  Other than that, no problems. That quest worked fine after that. Have not found others yet. :) THANKS!!!!

Yes. Noticed this issue while trying to figure out stormcloak/imperial ranks for the licence discounts in survival. I'll probably just hard-add it to the immune list next version. Remind me if I forget. 

19 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Not currently. But I might add a list you can add to later where if the item is in the list it will always fit you. 

You mean a dead male bandit sometimes has female clothes and vice versa?

I don't know why that would be. The sex of your crosshair ref the moment the inventory window opens is checked. Unless there's something weird going on with GetSex() or sex not being sex properly etc.

Yes. Noticed this issue while trying to figure out stormcloak/imperial ranks for the licence discounts in survival. I'll probably just hard-add it to the immune list next version. Remind me if I forget. 

Yeah.. a few times I have picked up Female off a Male. For myself, I ignore it. Since my found weights are normally not fitting anywho.  I just toss 'em in the pile of needs refitted or sold. But I imagine it could be annoying for some when it happens. I ll watch for it and try to get more info.

An option on some items would be great. I do not worry over the sizing of the RP things, it makes sense to have to get them fitted. But getting handed something marked Male is a bit odd even in my easy going RP style.  My Skyrim is really open, but it's rather odd that all the hooker clothes are male.. 

I ll try and remember. Odds are I wont unless it happens again. Worse case... setstage for the one part of picking up the crown fixes. Didn't mess with anything else after. 

So I am starting to get some weird behavior

first off my weapons are not degrading they are improving...

also when a Devious trap fired off and it stripped some of my armor items the stripped items also got improved from fine to superior*.

and I still get the duplication of old items when I craft another of that type of item. I feel like this is related to the feature that returns items to you after a time period that prevents stripped items from getting lost in cracks in the world. (is there a way to completely turn that feature off to test that theory?)

*Probably not too helpful, but here is the papyrus from the trap improving my armor items. That even had just happened and should be towards the end of the log. 

Papyrus.0.log

The Skirt was the only thing that didn't get stripped. 

Spoiler

1327495820_Fawn-BleakFallsTemple2019-08-1109_19_50.thumb.png.e64a9a5e21a3eceb538d0bbd64693bce.png

On 8/11/2019 at 2:30 PM, Corsayr said:

So I am starting to get some weird behavior

first off my weapons are not degrading they are improving...

also when a Devious trap fired off and it stripped some of my armor items the stripped items also got improved from fine to superior*.

and I still get the duplication of old items when I craft another of that type of item. I feel like this is related to the feature that returns items to you after a time period that prevents stripped items from getting lost in cracks in the world. (is there a way to completely turn that feature off to test that theory?)

*Probably not too helpful, but here is the papyrus from the trap improving my armor items. That even had just happened and should be towards the end of the log. 

Papyrus.0.log 195.38 kB · 1 download

The Skirt was the only thing that didn't get stripped. 

Reveal hidden contents

1327495820_Fawn-BleakFallsTemple2019-08-1109_19_50.thumb.png.e64a9a5e21a3eceb538d0bbd64693bce.png

I haven't seen items increasing in tempering in my game yet. I have seen items increasing passed it's maximum durability (clothes only so no tempering). Just my cuirass though. I think it has something to do with milk addict trying to damage it when my characters breasts get too big. 

I have seen duplicate items popping up or old items getting back into my inventory somehow. It's hard to tell where it's coming from because it's usually some time before I actually notice it's there. If we could track down a specific event that causes it in game I could take a look at the scripts but until then I've no real direction. 

Nothing out of place in your log. Did you say you were playing this game for some time?

[08/11/2019 - 09:14:01AM] [_mwa_mcm <_MWA_ModConfigMenu (9F000D67)>] INITIALIZED

Seems like a new game/clean save?