More Bandit Camps - EtR Patch

20 minutes ago, abcd99 said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I usually started the quest by reading the Curious Note from Belethor's shop. Not long after that (just exiting Whiterun, about a minute or so after all the notifications are shown), it CTD'ed every single time. If I rolled back to the save just before reading the note, I am okay. By the way, I am running Skyrim SE and I converted the mods (that might be the problem).

Curious note is part of Sexy Bandit Captives. Did you have Sexy bandit Captives installed and running prior to installing patch? What's your load order and mod manager? 

Did you port the LE version of this patch to SE? I dont see patch in load order. Your on MO so your base is good. Assuming you ported the LE version of patch to SE I would move more bandits downs a little in load order and have patch underneath it with sexy bandit captives just below it. and test on a new game or a save prior to having sexy bandit captives.

Edit: my dumbas started posting after looking at your load order, I see you had done the conversion. Try playing with load order and testing on new game. 

On 10/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, abcd99 said:

@EinarrTheRed, I hope you are okay with this. If you are okay, please also make an SSE thread so that people can start using it. Thanks.

I'm fine with it, you can post what you have in this thread.  I'm working on another update to this that will relocate a couple more of the "problem" camps, make another camp more accessible (especially for NPCs so SBC captives can exit the camp) and maybe add one more new camp.  I just haven't had time or motivation to get back to it just yet.

I won't do an SE thread until I can test it out myself and I've yet to convert over to SE.  Plus I'm still working on developing the patch so it remains very much a work in progress.  I'm glad to hear the SE version uses just one file name, that will be one less headache to deal with.

As far as differences between the explorer and non-explorer versions, its literally just a tick box on the map marker for each cap.  For the Explorer version the option to have it revealed on map is uncheck, for the non-explorer version its checked.  That's the only difference.  So if you have one working and then changed that option for the other version if one works okay the other should as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Needs some help folks.  I'm working on some more camps and am looking at a site to add new camp to.  However, I'm concerned this site may already be used by other mods.  I don't personally know of any mods using it but I also not the biggest user of mods either.  So help me out with some research.

The location is a barren island off the coast of Haafingar Hold, North of the Orphan's Tear wreck and due East of Castle Valkihar.  There's nothing really on the island, some dead trees, a couple of bird's nests, some spikey grass and a couple of nightshade plants.  You have to swim or waterwalk to get out too it.  The cells are listed as Wilderness and the island covers a bit more than 4 cells, their CK coordinates are: -31, 37 ; -32, 37 ; -31, 36 ; -32, 36   Any help would be appreciated, just post links to mods that you know of that use this site so I can check them out.  I want to try to avoid using any location used by popular mods.  I have something special and fun in mind I'd like to do here.

Thanks in advance!

Was finally able to attack an image, the island circled in red with the ? next to it is the location I'm talking about.  The other red circle is the current location of Camp Dead Drop.

NEWLighthouse.jpg.1ce475e4f0cd2916d761f427b032ec04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I scanned a little quick so I apologize in advance if I missed this already being asked and answered...

But is there any difference between the 1.2.1 patch uploaded yesterday on LL and the 1.2.1 patch that was previously available on the Nexus? 

oh... Hi btw... ?

6 hours ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Nope, no patch was uploaded.  I just updated the description to make it clear there would be no further development of this patch.  The current version is now the final version.

Oh, whew. Had me scared for a second, there.

Moving on to a stand-alone mod definitely makes more sense if you're shifting your focus to building new camps instead of revamping the existing ones, which seem to be pretty well fixed up at this point in the patch anyway. And expanding out from under the 'bandit' label would certainly be welcome. I look forward to seeing where you go with that.

Out of curiosity, are you intending to keep things running along the same lines as MBC, or are you looking at adding some more mechanics to the gameplay? It would be interesting to have something like easy player-occupiable camps,  either as dedicated camps with no enemy respawns, or by putting some kind of respawn toggle into the camps, if that's possible.

The patch will stay up just as it is.  I never got any complaints about it or anything.  I just felt it was going beyond a patch towards rebuilding someone else's mod and that was a line I didn't want to cross or go anywhere near.  Plus it was confining and limiting, I found I had ideas that went much beyond the scope of MBC and I wanted the freedom to explore that.  Some of the content I did for the patch I'll retain, but even that I'm going to take another look at and possibly rebuild it.  I want everything in the new mod to be as original as I can make it.

The other issue that brought it to a head was SBC.  Turns out my patch was double the work for Blackbird with each camp I relocated and I never intended that.  Its easier for Blackbird to add support for new original locations so I just decided that between my growing discomfort with the MBC patch that was quickly becoming not-a-patch and saving both myself and Blackbird a lot of extra work it was time to make the break and do my own thing.

As for Warlords, Renegades and Rogues, its still in the concept phase.  I'm kicking around ideas and getting my thoughts organized still.  It will be more than just bandits.  But right now all the ideas on the drawing board are just that.... concepts.  I'm organizing things both in terms of what I want to do and how I want to approach building the mod and releasing it.  One of my main goals is to build something original, give players new stuff they haven't seen before, and new stuff to do that isn't exactly like everything else out there.  I don't plan on making any locations the player can permanently occupy, but some of them may be temporarily friendly (at least until the location resets and gets new occupants, at which point who knows...)  I'm giving a lot of thought to what I want to create and coming up with some original ideas that I've not seen done before.   Building locations will of course take time, I can do a small camp in a day or two and still meet the standards I'm setting for myself (I want each site to blend in, look like it was always there, and where possible have some interesting geographical features), larger locations will take 1-2 weeks each.

I can also tell you that the new mod will not be compatible with MBC and probably not Pirates of the North either.  Both mods are large and use up a lot of prime sites.  There's only so much real estate in Skyrim and conflicts are inevitable.  I want to have a free hand to really build my own mod, do my own things and run with my own ideas.  If I try to avoid conflicting with every other mod out there, especially the ones cover lots of ground, I might as well give up now and save myself the headache.

An then there's all my other mod projects.... maybe if I just give up sleep. ?

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:54 AM, abcd99 said:

Well it also looks like I did not properly convert EtR Patch. Here are the converted versions, choose only one. The ESP version (which I tested) and the ESL version (not tested). Looks like it is running okay. Thanks @Heroine of the Night!

EtR MBC Camp Patch SE v1.2.1.rar 446.41 kB · 29 downloads EtR MBC Camp Patch SE v1.2.1-ESL.rar 448.08 kB · 18 downloads

Edit: This also reflect the changes to more recent "More Bandit Camps" mod. Both explorer and regular versions are named exactly the same (MoreBanditCamps.esp).

@EinarrTheRed, I hope you are okay with this. If you are okay, please also make an SSE thread so that people can start using it. Thanks.

I've tested both of these uploaded plugins, and figured I'd let y'all know of my findings:

The ESL plugin doesn't work - LOOT keeps claiming it is running into some cyclic errors with the MBC mod itself.

The ESP doesn't share the above issue - however, it doesn't work with the Sexy Bandit Captives mod on account of the ESP apparently not having been named correctly.

In order for SBC mod to pick up on MBC Camp Patch, you'll need to rename the ESP to the following: "EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp".

Managed to get it working after a couple of attempts, SBC now detects the EtR MBC patch.

I have attached my SBC compatible version to this post for others' convenience :]

EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore) v1.2.1.7z

• 9 months later...

Why move the Dragonstone to a really tough bandit camp tho..... seriously. For anyone considering downloading this be aware that he moves dragonstone to a new bandit camp with lots of bandits in it.... It doesn't even make sense either what the hell. Those bandits just somehow got past the guardian and took the stone without opening sarcophagus or defeating the boss really. I like the changes this mod makes but, that is just ridiculous come on bruh smh. I'm level 11 using combat mods and stuff I can't be going into a bandit camp with 20 something bandits and obis bandits at that right after a dungeon crawl..... It needs to be mentioned again how it doesn't make bloody sense

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/8/2020 at 3:58 AM, Caco Demon said:

I've tested both of these uploaded plugins, and figured I'd let y'all know of my findings:

The ESL plugin doesn't work - LOOT keeps claiming it is running into some cyclic errors with the MBC mod itself.

The ESP doesn't share the above issue - however, it doesn't work with the Sexy Bandit Captives mod on account of the ESP apparently not having been named correctly.

In order for SBC mod to pick up on MBC Camp Patch, you'll need to rename the ESP to the following: "EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp".

Managed to get it working after a couple of attempts, SBC now detects the EtR MBC patch.

I have attached my SBC compatible version to this post for others' convenience :]

EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore) v1.2.1.7z 439.99 kB · 130 downloads

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Do I download the main mod then overwrite it with this? Or do I have to also add the previous patches mentioned in this thread?

On 7/20/2023 at 7:08 AM, Zukirin said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Do I download the main mod then overwrite it with this? Or do I have to also add the previous patches mentioned in this thread?

Nice to see a 3 year old post is still proving useful to someone :]

To answer your question, replace the main mod with the provided file.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

@Caco Demon It seems like the creator of More Bandit Camps has recently combined their Explorer and Normal version of the mod and opted to use a FOMOD to allow the user to choose.

In the process, they have renamed MBC, and as a result, have broken the dependency of this mod on the now, non-existent Master. Is there a tool I can use to rename the Master that this mod is looking for to update and align them once again?

So, I make no assertions that this fix will work, but I created a dummy ESP out of the new MBC esp file, named it to what EtR's mod patch was looking for, and then proceeded to use XEdit to update the master record for EtR's esp to reflect the change made by the MoreBanditCamps author.

There are no conflicts and everything seems to be happy for now. I will have to test it to ensure that everything loaded as intended, but I believe it should.

For those that come after me with the same problem, I offer the repackaged more-bandit-camps-EtR-patch below. Hopefully, it works for all of you, but I again I make no promises...

NOTE: (Not sure how much it matters, as this form is already the old version, but this was done for use with SE/AE.)

NOTE: When installing More Bandit Camps using the new FOMOD, be sure to select Explorer's Edition as I suspect not doing so would break this mod.

EtR_MBC_Camp_Patch_ v1.2.1.zip

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2019 at 1:51 AM, EinarrTheRed said:

Needs some help folks.  I'm working on some more camps and am looking at a site to add new camp to.  However, I'm concerned this site may already be used by other mods.  I don't personally know of any mods using it but I also not the biggest user of mods either.  So help me out with some research.

The location is a barren island off the coast of Haafingar Hold, North of the Orphan's Tear wreck and due East of Castle Valkihar.  There's nothing really on the island, some dead trees, a couple of bird's nests, some spikey grass and a couple of nightshade plants.  You have to swim or waterwalk to get out too it.  The cells are listed as Wilderness and the island covers a bit more than 4 cells, their CK coordinates are: -31, 37 ; -32, 37 ; -31, 36 ; -32, 36   Any help would be appreciated, just post links to mods that you know of that use this site so I can check them out.  I want to try to avoid using any location used by popular mods.  I have something special and fun in mind I'd like to do here.

Thanks in advance!

Was finally able to attack an image, the island circled in red with the ? next to it is the location I'm talking about.  The other red circle is the current location of Camp Dead Drop.

NEWLighthouse.jpg.1ce475e4f0cd2916d761f427b032ec04.jpg

Would love it if you turned that large island into something like a quest-theme dungeon. large number of captives, rescue hapless damsels being ravaged, multiple trips, maybe stop to watch, lots of girls in cages getting ravaged by groups of people, etc. maybe put in trained trolls and giants having their way, too, for people so inclined.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:42 PM, shiftbitlogic said:

So, I make no assertions that this fix will work, but I created a dummy ESP out of the new MBC esp file, named it to what EtR's mod patch was looking for, and then proceeded to use XEdit to update the master record for EtR's esp to reflect the change made by the MoreBanditCamps author.

There are no conflicts and everything seems to be happy for now. I will have to test it to ensure that everything loaded as intended, but I believe it should.

For those that come after me with the same problem, I offer the repackaged more-bandit-camps-EtR-patch below. Hopefully, it works for all of you, but I again I make no promises...

NOTE: (Not sure how much it matters, as this form is already the old version, but this was done for use with SE/AE.)

NOTE: When installing More Bandit Camps using the new FOMOD, be sure to select Explorer's Edition as I suspect not doing so would break this mod.

EtR_MBC_Camp_Patch_ v1.2.1.zip 460 kB · 10 downloads

There were to camps that were problematic for me on AE:

1. I the camp southeast of Rorikstead, near Goldenhills plantation: it was a little *too* close to Goldenhills, and the b andits would attack my workers. This isn't a problem if you're using a mod like "my home is your home" and you redeploy mercs or housecarls; they can just duke it out right in front of you. having said that, if you're not inclined to drop the coin go to the trouble, then this isn't a great option. it isn't a good option to leave it there anyways.

2. the camp down by Runoff Caverns (clover-something) conflicts with the Runoff Caverns opening, part of the Forgotten Seasons AE CC DLC. I had to disable it.

HAVING SAID THAT... the specific thing skillest did with that mod was supremely awesome, and I wish there were authors doing it, too: putting in a specific utility to enable/disable camps. There are a couple of other mods that put in a large number of bandit camps/caves/dungeons, but there's so many new additions in the AE CC that most of those will probably not be compatible.

On 11/3/2023 at 3:42 PM, shiftbitlogic said:

EtR_MBC_Camp_Patch_ v1.2.1.zip 460 kB · 11 downloads

I found a bug with your mod.

So the vanilla More Bandit Camps mod has a conflict with Goldenhills Plantation. Even when you disable the camp, there's still some visual issues that are resolved through a third-party, user-submitted mod.

For clarity, the MBC mod page is here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1994
Patch that addresses the visual bug:
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65053

Your fix/patch is not compatible with this exact setup and produces the first 2 pictures below:

(#434 and #435) #434 is the bug, #435 is after i disabled this patch.

I then went the other way, and enabled your patch but disabled the other patched I linked to above (#65053)

Doing this yielded #436

Something is, however, at work; note the design/shape/height of the grass directly in front of the tanning rack.

Suffice it to say that this patch doesn't work.

image.png.bc33f9ef37d531c9e8187c9e558743f1.pngScreenShot435.png.51e50b7c86c6c8b2102cb63faf0c1886.pngScreenShot434.png.33d21b935d74f8c000a373dc955545d3.png