More Bandit Camps - EtR Patch

45 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

The new one you've been running around in beta testing.  ?  An thanks for the help with that btw.

Snowfall was the one I was thinking of, but I see you mentioned it on the Nexus page.  I think also there are 2 named NPCs there, not one, but I don't remember if only one had the non-bandit faction issues or not.

You could perhaps mention that if someone doesn't want to use the Explorer version of the MBC mod, the others will work if someone renames the ESP (that's what I did).

19 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Snowfall was the one I was thinking of, but I see you mentioned it on the Nexus page.  I think also there are 2 named NPCs there, not one, but I don't remember if only one had the non-bandit faction issues or not.

Nope, one, Vangar the Wildling.

19 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

You could perhaps mention that if someone doesn't want to use the Explorer version of the MBC mod, the others will work if someone renames the ESP (that's what I did).

Think you just did. ?

14 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

In the File Information - Requires box it says More Bandit Captives. ? This could lead to much confusion.

Thanks for the update.

Why, it is required?   You need the Explorer version of Skillest's More Bandit Camps.  Unless you use Karl's trick for the non explore version.

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Nope, one, Vangar the Wildling.

Think you just did. ?

Why, it is required?   You need the Explorer version of Skillest's More Bandit Camps.  Unless you use Karl's trick for the non explore version.

Oh, I was thinking of the other camp then... just north of there and across the road, with the pathfinding issues out for the SBC girls.

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

In the File Information - Requires box it says More Bandit Captives. ? This could lead to much confusion.

Thanks for the update.

1 hour ago, EinarrTheRed said:

I think he found a typo... You meant to say meant to say Camps but on the file page is lists Captives as Grey Cloud pointed out.

File Information

Views 11,094
    Downloads 1,617
    Submitted September 21, 2018
    Updated 6 hours ago
    File Size 394.9 kB
    Requires
    More Bandit Captives
    Special Edition Compatible
    No

3 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

I think he found a typo... You meant to say meant to say Camps but on the file page is lists Captives as Grey Cloud pointed out.

File Information

Views 11,094
    Downloads 1,617
    Submitted September 21, 2018
    Updated 6 hours ago
    File Size 394.9 kB
    Requires
    More Bandit Captives
    Special Edition Compatible
    No

Ah... that makes sense... unlike my spelling lately (actually that's been like that for almost a year...).  ?  Me go fix gooder.  ?

10 minutes ago, EinarrTheRed said:

Camp Frostcliff?

Now that I've had a chance to check, yes, Frostcliff.

Maybe, due to the captives pathfinding issues (unless BW took that one off the list) it would be a good candidate for "next".

I think BW did remove it, because of that.  It was on my short list of possible camps to do next.

So so far we have 1 vote for "all of em"  LOL and one vote for Frostcliff.

Regarding Frostcliff:

This camp does have two named NPCs, both are flagged as protected.  Making the camp accessible from the road would be relatively easy and still remain fairly concealed.  That just leaves cleaning up the navmesh.  I might make a few other changes but I don't think I'd expand the camp, and if anything I might remove some of the cash loot and replace it with more junk items.

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Exactly. More Bandit CAMPS or Sexy Bandit CAPTIVES. I told you it would lead to confusion. ?

Which brings us to the masked URL, third line in the "About this file" paragraph in the Description . . .

"I created this mod mainly for use with Sexy Bandit Camps by Blackbird Wander" :(

Still getting the hostile Redfox marker after updating, I'm afraid. Hadn't visited it yet in the save I've been using for some of my own testing, so I swung by after installing the update only to see it behaving as it always has. Tried re-installing the patch and visiting anew from the save prior to the first visit, but continued to get the same result.

1652084033_ScreenShot07-09-19at11_43AM.jpg.af0b24ba8ff214b15de366703c68ead9.jpg266305562_ScreenShot07-09-19at11.43AM001.jpg.e415a9b482e10b2e3fce94d07aa77c9e.jpg

I figured there was a chance it had already loaded into that save, as I had gone by on the road to the south of it earlier in the game. So I loaded up a save in the LAL cell and used the Erik the Slayer start to drop myself into the area, and found it still displaying the same issue even on a guaranteed first visit. 

1214840138_ScreenShot07-09-19at11_50AM.jpg.5a789a909dda0a4925772bc6bf5cb0aa.jpg1942677419_ScreenShot07-09-19at11.50AM001.jpg.bf13fafa3d86b0c81f74ff5a6de29eba.jpg

Is it possible that this problem gets baked into a save right from the start? Didn't try a fully new game as I didn't have time to wait for all my mods to load, so I don't know if it'd still do this in that situation.

As for the other updates, I didn't check out Wakefield yet as I honestly don't remember off-hand which one that is, but I did find the new camp without any problems. Everything there seemed to work fine, but that's certainly a cute place to drop a whole bucketload of bandits onto like that. :D 

1969624545_ScreenShot07-09-19at12.07PM001.jpg.9aaaa41c496bf70211912ff75295c323.jpg

Hmm... I'm puzzled by the Redfox marker problem.  I suppose its possible it has somehow gotten baked in, but it shouldn't have.  That change should be instant.  Here's what the problem was originally.

You'll note the camp marker is a round circle instead of a tent shape.  That's the problem.  Skillest did not change the map marker to indicate it is a "camp" and instead left it at the default "none" marker.  Well, the "none" marker is what goes hostile on you and stays that way.  So all I did to fix that was simply open that map marker in CK, go to the Marker Data tab and change it to "Camp" and viola, fixed.  That change is in the update, so I'm not sure why its not showing for you and that very much puzzles me.  The other thing I did was add a heading marker and link it to the map marker.  This is how you set up a proper fast travel landing point so that if you fast travel to the camp you land outside it and not in the center of the camp.

Try fast traveling to the camp and see where you land, you should land some distance outside the camp just around a small ridge line (out of LOS so you have a chance not to into instant combat).  If not then something has really gone wrong.  I'll look at it on my end again as well.

If you know your way around CK, try looking at the MapMarker for that camp and check the Marker Data tab.  It should be set to camp.  If it is then somehow your game isn't updating the info (and it should be), but I can force that in the next patch (delete the original marker and make a new one, that'll force your game to use the new one)

Its odd though cause looking at your screen shots (and thank you for those!  they really help) it looks like the changes I made to the camp to make it more navigable are all there.  So the map marker should have updated.  Very odd.

Glad you like the new camp, I thought that would be an interesting surprise. ?  Its also why I haven't posted spoilers yet.  For Wakefield, go south of that camp and look for a cave.

The other problem I just discovered is that somehow my changes to the navmesh and landscape clean up didn't get saved.  So I'll have to redo that for the next patch.  Its always something. LOL

Don't forget to put in your vote for which camps you'd like redone next (will do 2-3 camps per update).

So far its one vote for Camp Frostcliff

While we are on Camp Redfox - I have had a problems with the bandits attacking me while I'm walking along the road. It wouldn't be that big of an issue but it sends my followers mental. They try to attack the bandits atop the hill but can't climb up there. Pain in the proverbial to get past.

That's with the old esp, not been past there with the latest one, yet.

Hmm... never had an issue with bandits from Redfox attacking the road.  There were issues with the navmesh that I *thought* I'd fixed where NPCs couldn't get in or out of the camp.  But my fixes didn't get saved for whatever reason so I have it open in CK now and am working on it.

You sure you didn't mean the old Steadwatch?  That was right next to the road and that camp was pretty much the reason I started this patch cause it really was a problem.  Or maybe you meant the road to Markarth?  I never had problems with them attacking there either but I suppose its possible if they were chasing an animal or something.  But either way, yeah, the navmesh was (and apparently still is) broken around that camp.  I'll have it fixed up soon.

Okay... another fast update.  I've only had time to do very limited testing but it should fix things up.  That means you guys get to be my guinea ... er... beta testers. ?

Change Log:

• Renavmeshed the camp, cleaned the surrounding exterior cells
  • Retouched the landscape so there's no grass inside the camp
  • Tweaked the camp fire
  • Disabled the original map marker and replaced it with a duplicate to force a map marker update.

The camp layout is basically the same as before so no major changes.  This is mostly just navmesh and landscape fixes and fixing the bugged map marker.

EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp

So... I had your 1.1.5 patch installed and it had the correct tent map marker icon for the camp, enabled for fast travel.  I installed this posted patch and it removed the marker (as I'd expect for the explore version) though that makes me wonder why it was visible and enabled for the 1.1.5 version, unless you never changed it and my own edits to the original were working.

Discovering the camp in your new fast patch, leaving and fast traveling back dropped me on the fire, not outside the camp so either something didn't change or half the changes are baked in.

Your nexus version works the same as the 115. I had installed that to see if the rename problem someone posted there about I could duplicate, but it works for me, so I think renamed the file wrong.

Yeah I'm still puzzled about that map marker thing.  All I did was mark the original one disabled and made a new one.  But I bet you a $1 I forgot to link the new on to the heading marker for fast travel.  *le sigh* ?   Me go fix. 

Try this one.

Change Log:

• Expanded the "map marker discovery" radius so it should be "discovered" about the time you get to the outer perimeter of the camp.
  • Redid the map marker link to the heading marker, fast travel should work correctly.

EtR MBC Camp Patch (explore).esp

@karlpaws

The Nexus version is the same as the 1.1.5 verison, so is the one on the download page here, that was the last build before I made it the "official" 1.2 patch.  So when I start the next update build, we'll be going to 1.2.# until I get a finished build and then I'll release it as the 1.3 patch and so on.  Just to clarify the nomenclature.

Not sure why fast travel wasn't working, another odd glitch.  I actually had remembered to link the new map marker to the heading marker, but for some reason it wasn't working for you.  So I redid the link and tested just now, worked for me... now let's see if it works for everyone else.

Either something's baked in or something else is going wrong.

Marker is gone again until I find it, fast travel back still lands me in the fire.

I will start a whole new game quick and dirty later, see what happens.

Well apparently I can't just start a new game, I just at the starting screen with the menu gone, music playing in the background and nothing else happening.

I can open the console and coc qasmoke or load a save if I made one by name but I just end up with a plain black screen.  I can use the console to qqq and relaunch Skyrim and load a game.

Free time again, dug into the .esp from Sunday's original 1.2 update with the CK and found that the MapMarker was still set to the 'none' type. 

364543811_ScreenShot07-10-19at08.11AM001.jpg.d9d8a270c1763a3179a57b6780ba61dc.jpg

Did it again for the most recent update file above, and that one seems to have successfully kept the changes.

2103104277_ScreenShot07-10-19at08.17AM001.jpg.9f649ae0792c3c7d8811e65fe2e4cec0.jpg

Using that version in-game got me the proper compass and map icons with no invisible hostile signal.

1444816735_ScreenShot07-10-19at08_24AM.jpg.7c80e428ab554ca288f77f2d610d0a24.jpg321881011_ScreenShot07-10-19at08_25AM.jpg.f65b00991037c55c4cc4c560b2bbee23.jpg

But while fast travel worked, it's also dropping me into the camp right next to the fire instead of a distance away from the camp. 

1157777515_ScreenShot07-10-19at08.26AM001.jpg.2fd5a7cbdf954bee6144dd1c15b36d3b.jpg

This run was started from the same save point that I used to start the run in the previous report, so that at least seems to rule out this stuff being due to things getting baked into a save. It does rather look like the CK is just seriously fighting your changes for some damn reason.

Planning to check out Wakefield later after I get some work on my own project done. Pretty sure I know which one you mean, now, and yeah, that one certainly needed to get moved off from where it was. That spot was already too busy. The camp that's just sorta plopped down on the road to Riften near the sawmill could also use some work, for similar reasons.