Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 12/23/2023 at 7:48 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, this mod is a completely different league.

Most scenes are consensual, there's an actual story, and there's always a reason why you get tied up, not just some "you ran into yet another trap"

❤️

9 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

I understand where you are coming from and I do love this mod. Never in a million years would I have found that barrel without your help. I just think that for something as hard as that there should be at least a marker for that....

I recently wrote a quest that was inspired by Laura's quest and what I did, was add an optional objective where you can ask the quest giver for help and then you get a quest marker, so there's a pathway for both playstyles. But, I don't know if Laura would like that idea and it complicates the mod.

6 hours ago, Laura said:

?

Are the searches too difficult/vague or are you just not a fan of searches?

I searched for over three hours for the third note and couldn't find it. I don't mind searching for things but for three plus hours??? Don't get me wrong, I love your mod and this story line, it just frustrated me a bit looking for this third note... Also, after reading the pages under the bridge I couldn't figure out where the second journal was located. After reading the blog I thought I had to head south along the road and up the mountains until I found it along a creek then look for a barrel up in the mountains by a waterfall. May have mis-interpreted his blog plus the journal. This is the reason why I was asking about markers... My apologies if I upset you in any way. Just got a little frustrated...

Edited by Tokyoghoul67
Vor 14 Minuten sagte Tokyoghoul67:

Ich habe über drei Stunden nach der dritten Note gesucht und sie nicht gefunden. Es macht mir nichts aus, nach Dingen zu suchen, aber mehr als drei Stunden lang??? Verstehen Sie mich nicht falsch, ich liebe Ihren Mod und diese Handlung, es hat mich nur ein wenig frustriert, nach dieser dritten Note zu suchen ...

The first time I played this quest - finding the first diary page was my main problem... the second I came across more by accident... and the third was due to the trail of mead bottles on the lake shore easiest to find.

The letter in the barrel... well, I actually needed help from the forum - but the hint is on the third diary page.

Probably, for some users (myself included), their own limited knowledge of English is an obstacle - being able to adequately understand the information on these pages... I had all the written information translated separately for my blog story.

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

The first time I played this quest - finding the first diary page was my main problem... the second I came across more by accident... and the third was due to the trail of mead bottles on the lake shore easiest to find.

The letter in the barrel... well, I actually needed help from the forum - but the hint is on the third diary page.

Probably, for some users (myself included), their own limited knowledge of English is an obstacle - being able to adequately understand the information on these pages... I had all the written information translated separately for my blog story.

The first page was easy for me. I asked the tavern owner and he said that she rented a room so I checked the rooms. The second one after reading the first one was easy also seeing that it stated that it was under the bridge. After that I could not understand where the other page(s) were and the barrel was located. I knew that it was by a waterfall but where exactly I did not know. Spent hours looking for it going up and down both coasts of the road... I really do like this mod but sometimes it frustrates me when I look for hours then have to post about it and then wait again for it. She did an awesome job with this....

Vor 3 Minuten sagte Tokyoghoul67:

Die erste Seite fiel mir leicht. Ich fragte den Wirtshausbesitzer und er sagte, dass sie ein Zimmer gemietet hätte, also habe ich die Zimmer überprüft. Das zweite, nachdem ich das erste gelesen hatte, war leicht zu erkennen, da dort stand, dass es sich unter der Brücke befand. Danach konnte ich nicht verstehen, wo sich die andere(n) Seite(n) befanden und wo sich das Fass befand. Ich wusste, dass es an einem Wasserfall lag, aber wo genau, wusste ich nicht. Ich habe stundenlang danach gesucht und bin an beiden Küsten der Straße rauf und runter gefahren ... Ich mag diesen Mod wirklich, aber manchmal frustriert es mich, wenn ich stundenlang suche, dann darüber posten und dann wieder darauf warten muss. Das hat sie großartig gemacht....

The clue for the route from the second to the third diary page was on this second page... so it was clear that it could only be on the lakeshore.

Ultimately, the empty mead bottles made it clear which side of the lake to look for.

The crux of the matter was the barrel... I took the picture of the barrel from an angle - so that you could see the waterfall or the small castle.

Kapitel14_12.png.d35535a9daa782a728a2e649041be14c.png

1 hour ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

The first page was easy for me. I asked the tavern owner and he said that she rented a room so I checked the rooms. The second one after reading the first one was easy also seeing that it stated that it was under the bridge. After that I could not understand where the other page(s) were and the barrel was located. I knew that it was by a waterfall but where exactly I did not know. Spent hours looking for it going up and down both coasts of the road... I really do like this mod but sometimes it frustrates me when I look for hours then have to post about it and then wait again for it. She did an awesome job with this....

As far as I remember, there's two pages in the inn (been a while since I played it), another under the bridge towards Honeystrand Cave, and then you need to walk along the shore towards Nilheim Towers (the small castle Miauzi refers to, translations of the locations are too odd to try back-translating). After you've found the stool with the 4th page, the barrel should appear downhill of the waterfall right before reaching Nilheim.

I don't recall how often I've written these instructions in the thread, too bad that the search function of this board is useless...

Ok.... At Laura's shop. No master, and she is not asking me to touch the thothium stone. After the cave I did two things. I A) killed both of the NPC's, went to the cave, killed the Troll, recharged and went to the store with the same results above. I also did not kill both NPC's, went to the cave, killed the Troll, recharged and went to the store with the same results above. Both times the master was following me from the cave to the store and did not show up in both cases inside the store. I waited twenty minutes each time and nothing happened. What did I do wrong this time????

4 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

What did I do wrong this time????

umm probably just Skyrim being janky.

Master must go in shop with you for it to  progress.  what i would suggest doing is to walk close to shop, open console and select master

(so that his info is visible instead of having to type prid #) then when you go inside shop if he comes in fine, but if he does not just open

console and type "moveto player" (this is why you selected him in console earlier), which will move him beside you and allow the scene to play.

37 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

umm probably just Skyrim being janky.

Master must go in shop with you for it to  progress.  what i would suggest doing is to walk close to shop, open console and select master

(so that his info is visible instead of having to type prid #) then when you go inside shop if he comes in fine, but if he does not just open

console and type "moveto player" (this is why you selected him in console earlier), which will move him beside you and allow the scene to play.

Couldn't use the console commands so I used the matchmaker spell on him to lure him inside. When that happened the quest continued. Thak you for your help and making me think of a roundabout way of getting him inside!

Made a little thing for the first quest:

Spoiler

ezgif-4-175e03ea84.gif.11597544aaf3545df2507d74956a3a0f.gif

Made it as an OAR replacer for the standard SL undressing animation that plays after this dialogue between the two quest stages, so no FNIS lists were harmed in the making of this. ? I did have to edit one script to put a Utility.Wait there (or otherwise the animation would be cut a lil' short), so please be mindful of that in case Laura updates the Shop again and changes this script too, this was made on 3.42-3.43.

Requires OAR to work.

Don't know how it will look without DD NG and it's faster equips. ?

As this is OAR, you can even uninstall it after this quest completes without any harm.

LBS - You spin me right round.zip

Edited by krzp
30 minutes ago, uberorange said:

was there a mod that gave voice lines to all the NPCs in this one, or am I just remembering shit wrong?

I'm using this one. Might be some discrepancies with 3.43, if some dialogues have changed.

Edited by krzp
16 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

The fact that Laura only updated her mod a few days ago... is the language package already adapted to this?

The pack was made for 3.42, so at worst you might run into characters saying one thing and subtitles displaying something else, but other than that - it shouldn't breaak anything ? 

Don't think there are that many changes between 3.42 and 3.43 to call for a voicepack re-generation.

21 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

I recently wrote a quest that was inspired by Laura's quest and what I did, was add an optional objective where you can ask the quest giver for help and then you get a quest marker, so there's a pathway for both playstyles. But, I don't know if Laura would like that idea and it complicates the mod.

Adding that would always make it the obvious choice and negate the search. Maybe I could add more hints or reveal the marker after a certain time. Don't know yet.

21 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

I searched for over three hours for the third note and couldn't find it. I don't mind searching for things but for three plus hours??? Don't get me wrong, I love your mod and this story line, it just frustrated me a bit looking for this third note... Also, after reading the pages under the bridge I couldn't figure out where the second journal was located. After reading the blog I thought I had to head south along the road and up the mountains until I found it along a creek then look for a barrel up in the mountains by a waterfall. May have mis-interpreted his blog plus the journal. This is the reason why I was asking about markers... My apologies if I upset you in any way. Just got a little frustrated...

You didn't upset me, don't worry.

Three hours is crazy long though. While the journals are written kinda fruity (is that the right word?) they only ever mention 1 location and that's the one you need.

You also mentioned a bunch of technical issues. Playing through it while lots of things don't spawn or work would've frustrated me too. It maybe would've been better if we adressed those before you continued with the playthrough.

7 hours ago, krzp said:

The pack was made for 3.42, so at worst you might run into characters saying one thing and subtitles displaying something else, but other than that - it shouldn't breaak anything ? 

Don't think there are that many changes between 3.42 and 3.43 to call for a voicepack re-generation.

Please don't install a voice pack from a previous version. I don't think it's a problem in this case but I'm sure that can break things.

I never used one but since they change dialogue they need an .esp, which then needs to be loaded after the one from my mod. Which means they overwrite my mod. That will cause issues when using an outdated version.

5 minutes ago, Laura said:

I never used one but since they change dialogue they need an .esp, which then needs to be loaded after the one from my mod. Which means they overwrite my mod. That will cause issues when using an outdated version.

The one I've linked doesn't change anything, it's an empty esp to load the BSA file with all the fuz'es?

One can even unpack the BSA and just leave all the loose sound files, negating the need for a esp. ?

16 minutes ago, krzp said:

The one I've linked doesn't change anything, it's an empty esp to load the BSA file with all the fuz'es?

One can even unpack the BSA and just leave all the loose sound files, negating the need for a esp. ?

So it works directly with Fuz? That's clever. Thanks for the info.

8 hours ago, Laura said:

Adding that would always make it the obvious choice and negate the search. Maybe I could add more hints or reveal the marker after a certain time. Don't know yet.

Somewhat brainstorming, and while I know it's theoretically possible as long as the right data is exposed in Papyrus, I also don't know how hard it would be:

1. If you ask [someone] without even trying, you get a response along the lines of "Don't look at me, I haven't got a clue."
  2. If you've gotten within X units (I don't remember exact details of Skyrim's measurements, but I'm thinking something like within 500m or so) you get an answer like "It's within a hundred meters of [landmark]," along with a quest marker at said landmark. It doesn't give the game away entirely, but gives a rough area (I've seen other RPGs add a circle to a map/minimap, but I know Skyrim doesn't have that functionality).
  3. After X period of time (half a day in game, perhaps?) it can move to the exact location of the item.

These are rough ideas that have come to mind for me. You'll still need to go looking, and get close, but there's an out if you're really struggling. I'm just not sure how hard this would be!

16 hours ago, Laura said:

So it works directly with Fuz? That's clever. Thanks for the info.

No worries, voicepacks do tend to get a bad rap for some of their past antics, but the modern ones are usually pretty harmless. ?

I even managed to voice all the player lines with Elevenlabs for my Dragonborn Voiceover, so the whole questline is fully voiced, and I like it so much more (i know, i know, not everyone's a fan of generated voices, but I don't like silent dialogues).

P.S. If you want that animation in 32-bit format, let me know, i'll re-export it for LE. DAR doesn't have IsQuestStageDone as a condition, but it can probably be done in a different way somehow ?

So apparently there is a new update that I have to download. Will I need to start a new game by chance?

also this would be so much easier to solve Laura’s Sloane problem if Kata would just let me off the metaphorical leash and kill the witch.

Me: “can’t we just kill Sloane?”

Kata: “She has an army.”

me: “You have a Godzilla-Born!” ?

12 hours ago, Scautura said:

Somewhat brainstorming, and while I know it's theoretically possible as long as the right data is exposed in Papyrus, I also don't know how hard it would be:

1. If you ask [someone] without even trying, you get a response along the lines of "Don't look at me, I haven't got a clue."
  2. If you've gotten within X units (I don't remember exact details of Skyrim's measurements, but I'm thinking something like within 500m or so) you get an answer like "It's within a hundred meters of [landmark]," along with a quest marker at said landmark. It doesn't give the game away entirely, but gives a rough area (I've seen other RPGs add a circle to a map/minimap, but I know Skyrim doesn't have that functionality).
  3. After X period of time (half a day in game, perhaps?) it can move to the exact location of the item.

These are rough ideas that have come to mind for me. You'll still need to go looking, and get close, but there's an out if you're really struggling. I'm just not sure how hard this would be!

Yes, the possibility to ask someone would be really nice, not only for this mod. I don't know how often I've been looking for Amren in Whiterun for one-handed training. In vanilla Skyrim has has some kind of schedule, but with Immersive Citizens he can be anywhere. Roleplaying I'd ask someone - in reality it's player.moveto

21 hours ago, Scautura said:

Not sure this is the way but your idea of being able to ask anyone is great.

12 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

So apparently there is a new update that I have to download. Will I need to start a new game by chance?

Nope. My mod is simple enough to not need that.

12 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

also this would be so much easier to solve Laura’s Sloane problem if Kata would just let me off the metaphorical leash and kill the witch.

Me: “can’t we just kill Sloane?”

Kata: “She has an army.”

me: “You have a Godzilla-Born!” ?

Killing her at quest 3 or something wouldn't be very rewarding. I get you though. ?

7 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yes, the possibility to ask someone would be really nice, not only for this mod. I don't know how often I've been looking for Amren in Whiterun for one-handed training. In vanilla Skyrim has has some kind of schedule, but with Immersive Citizens he can be anywhere. Roleplaying I'd ask someone - in reality it's player.moveto

The main issue with that is the dialogue used to start it. You could easily throw an actor in an alias and start a short quest. But you'd probably need massive preset list of characters you can ask about.