Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

So I'm currently stuck on 'Origin'. I can't advance beyond the Inn scene after cooking and serving the Cabbage stew as I'm getting no new objectives and the characters are just milling around the inn. Help please? Not sure what I can use to advance it if things have become stuck.

On 12/11/2023 at 11:55 PM, Miauzi said:

I only mentioned this story to show how broad the fetish and BDSM area is... on the one hand, implementing it would be quite difficult and also doesn't fit the theme of business stores.

---

You yourself had already mentioned a few months ago that you were aiming to expand the business area... Laura herself gave a first indication of this - which I interpreted as the planned distribution of bondage furniture.

I planned the use of such furniture in my story - it even enables me to have an important story arc in the second part.

In the first part I purchased a "bondage house" with an empty basement - which I had the companion "Recoder" furnish with such furniture... the preferred source of supply for this is Laura's shop.

So if you are planning a sub-dom game between Laura and the player... my suggestion would be to make the player the "tester" of this furniture... and to install a separate basement cell under the ground floor - called the "test room". serves.

In a second stage, this game can also be expanded to include the aspect of customer presentation - the cell with the previous shop remains untouched apart from a cellar hatch.

Possible candidates for such furniture range from purely "medieval" to "modern"... ultimately you as the author decide which one fits best into the context of your mod.

Testing the furniture is a great idea. I just have to figure out how DD furniture works first. :P

23 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

If the dialogue is good, then it could work!

What about if the thotium has weird consequences when worn too long and the mod randomly picks some kind of sexy or comedy outcome for it, like light behaviour modification (e.g. player can't help but call everybody in the shop master, or customers think the player is the sexiest sub they ever saw and want to buy paintings or clothes they wear from the store).

That's great. The collars pulse doesn't have room to summon a restraint and it hits you. Instead of hurting you or something it just makes you weird and drunk-ish. Love it.

16 hours ago, Mister X said:

Oh, I love that idea! Some kind of aura that grows stronger the more and longer the person is tied up and influences both the wearer and people around her! That would explain, too, why it wasn't recognized during the first fetching quest, the player simply didn't wear it long enough for the aura to grow recognizably strong ^^

@Laura I have to admit, I get why you asked for help ^^
- Has to be feasible to create in Skyrim engine

- Should be somewhat fun to actually come by - even though the kinky aspect helps against the feeling of the umptillionth generic fetch quest, they shouldn't be too tedious to play

- Has to fit into the overall "playful" atmosphere of your mod

- 10-15 mins for each game

?

16 hours ago, Mister X said:

Those specifications really make it complicated to come up with new ideas ^^

I still believe, that the general idea of predicament bondage can provide some ideas: one tedious/tiring/stressful and one painful/restricting option with the player to choose which they endure. The main problem with that is to get something playable like that into Skyrim.

Your predicament idea is still in my notes. I really want to make it work. Maybe I make the player constantly move to avoid something and the consequence is more restraints or something with a plug. I feel like the solution is there and I just have to find it.

15 hours ago, Voidson22222 said:

I see, it is kind of out of character for Laura, though there could be some rivalry or tension between the PC and Kata resulting in some pranks and other things.

When I played though this mod it was almost entirely for the story where there were real stakes and characters were the real deal. That was great fun. I don't know if you ever plan to continue that type of stuff, but I hope you do. 

Anyway my point is that in story telling it just works better if there is a conflict of any sort. I think it would make things more interesting if there was some sort of conflict involved rather than straight up play with no twists.

LOL I guess it is an aquired taste. Though you did handle some pretty dark themes in the main story.

Well, there's not really going to be a narrative here. You can't have narrative tension in a repeatable quest. Not realisticaly anyway. Besides, I already made a 6-7 hour storyline. I wanna do something else. ?

13 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Good to see you're still working on it :) Any progress on the misc quests after the main quest?

Well, check the thread. We're all brainstorming to find kinky games/punishments for an upcoming sub&domme thingy.

7 hours ago, Bobmich said:

So I'm currently stuck on 'Origin'. I can't advance beyond the Inn scene after cooking and serving the Cabbage stew as I'm getting no new objectives and the characters are just milling around the inn. Help please? Not sure what I can use to advance it if things have become stuck.

Do you have a mod that changes cooking in any way?

I've seen this asked previously but it didn't seem to get answered: there's a point in Taking Control where Jade asks the PC to get documents from the storage room. After activating the small sack, the pop-up comes up and the storage room door closes and locks. However, after that, nothing happens. All scenes up to this point have worked quite well but this seems to not be working. 
I am on SE and besides this mod and DD itself I have a fairly script free Skyrim. Any suggestions?

34 minutes ago, Dogduigi said:

I've seen this asked previously but it didn't seem to get answered: there's a point in Taking Control where Jade asks the PC to get documents from the storage room. After activating the small sack, the pop-up comes up and the storage room door closes and locks. However, after that, nothing happens. All scenes up to this point have worked quite well but this seems to not be working. 
I am on SE and besides this mod and DD itself I have a fairly script free Skyrim. Any suggestions?

Does this happen everytime you try it?

9 minutes ago, Laura said:

Does this happen everytime you try it?

So far yes, I've restarted from right before I activate it, from right before I get the new quest, and right before I get sent to the cave. As of yet, it has happened every time. Apparently, the scene is running but Jade is still standing in the cage. 

11 minutes ago, Dogduigi said:

So far yes, I've restarted from right before I activate it, from right before I get the new quest, and right before I get sent to the cave. As of yet, it has happened every time. Apparently, the scene is running but Jade is still standing in the cage. 

Did you tried the 'wait' function? Setting it to wait for 1 hour can teleport characters if they're stuck.

3 hours ago, Laura said:

Did you tried the 'wait' function? Setting it to wait for 1 hour can teleport characters if they're stuck.

I did try this and it did nothing. The problem isn't that she's stuck. I even tried teleporting her to right outside the storage room door and she ran back to the cage.

Edited by Dogduigi

I went back to Skyrim Special Edition to try out the latest version of the mod. The first 6 main quests were taken as an example. Overall, they were good and a big improvement over the old version. but there were some problems with some quests. It seemed that there were some problems with the operation of the AI Package. Delay, such as the third main task Blending In. In some stages, you need to press the Wait button to wait for an hour, and then wait for a few seconds before the NPC's AI Package can run (in my understanding, similar to refreshing).

Edited by tznvlw
16 hours ago, Laura said:
On 12/12/2023 at 11:46 AM, xyzxyz said:

Well, check the thread. We're all brainstorming to find kinky games/punishments for an upcoming sub&domme thingy.

IIrc we had some ideas for "Assist a customer" quests like in CD. Model shows or helping women put on their own DDs and such.

Vor 4 Stunden sagte xyzxyz:

IIrc hatten wir einige Ideen für „Kunden unterstützen“-Quests wie auf der CD. Modelschauen oder Frauen dabei helfen, ihre eigenen DDs anzuziehen und so weiter.

Or trying out "naughty" furniture... basically playing the test subject and then suggesting improvements to it

Some more game/punishment ideas.

Spoiler

Key Hunt:

Kind of a kinky easter egg hunt.

Get locked in DD's and have to find keys to unlock them.

Could be timed but I think it would work better if it were a race against an NPC doing the same.

If you lose, you lose the keys you found and keep whatever DD items on you, on you. For the race version the winner gets to choose what the loser has to wear.

As for punishments, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.

Maybe you get an item you have to sell to the next customer and if you can't get them to buy it you have to wear it for a day. Have this repeat a few times and give the PC a chance to up sell the later customers the devices you will inevitably end up wearing for failing earlier.

Thief: Someone stole some keys from the store and it's probably your fault.

The keys are linked to the devices they open however, so if you wear the clothes associated with the keys you can track them down.

The more items you wear the more accurate the tracking will be.

Can't take them off until you find the thief.

@Laura?

After several hours of testing, I have completed testing the latest version of your mod on Skyrim Special Edition. It feels very good and has a high degree of completion? (but as I said before, some quest stages require you to press the Wait button( wait for one hour), and then wait for a few seconds before the AI Package can run. This should be paid special attention to on the special edition).

On 12/13/2023 at 1:12 AM, Laura said:

We're all brainstorming to find kinky games/punishments for an upcoming sub&domme thingy.

hi, I've been reading all proposals, some are very nice. Honestly when you mentioned Laura as a dom I got a bit surprised since she's always been on the sub side of things, even if she loves putting things on you. So my idea would be to make it a very progressive thing in which Laura finds herself out of position at the beginning and eventually discovers that she can feel comfortable as a dom. Maybe even include Kata in a supportive role at the very beginning. Kata has never been too interested in PC.

I will say, as I've played your questline quite a lot of times and loved it, I'd love it if you put in some more of your amazing dialogue with laura teasing, praising the PC, etc. getting more carried away as the PC "gains" more restraints, and she develops herself as a dom. I understand restraints will be equipped on you by the thotium collar while you do other things, so the interactions with laura may be more far in between than that [sadly x)].

I'm a big fan of furniture done the right way. I very much liked the scene of PC being on the cell while Kata and Laura went about their daily lives. Maybe a scene could involve the PC in furniture while a client comes in to the store, comment on how good the PC looks on their restraints, and then do their business like usual. The client could even buy a restraint "just like the one PC is wearing", that'd get a nice reaction out of Laura. But maybe it doesn't fit/you dont want to come back to things you already did. Just ideas.

I'm a big fan of everything related to doms calling you a good girl/boy, so everything I come up with ends up in that direction. Not very helpful x)

Thanks for the SE update, good excuse to play it again :)

Vor 17 Minuten sagte albyznts:

Hallo, ich habe alle Vorschläge gelesen, einige sind sehr nett. Ehrlich gesagt, als du Laura als Domina erwähntest, war ich ein wenig überrascht, denn sie war immer eher zurückhaltend, auch wenn sie es liebt, dir Dinge anzutun. Meine Idee wäre es also, es zu einer sehr progressiven Sache zu machen, bei der Laura sich am Anfang in der falschen Position befindet und schließlich entdeckt, dass sie sich als Dom wohlfühlen kann. Beziehen Sie Kata vielleicht gleich zu Beginn in eine unterstützende Rolle ein. Kata hat sich noch nie so sehr für PC interessiert.

Da ich Ihre Questreihe ziemlich oft gespielt habe und sie mir sehr gut gefallen hat, würde ich sagen, dass ich es lieben würde, wenn Sie noch mehr von Ihren erstaunlichen Dialogen einbringen würden, in denen Laura neckt, den PC lobt usw. und dabei immer mehr mitgerissen wird Der PC „gewinnt“ mehr Beschränkungen und entwickelt sich zu einem Dom. Ich verstehe, dass Ihnen durch das Thotiumhalsband Fesseln angelegt werden, während Sie andere Dinge tun, sodass die Interaktionen mit Laura möglicherweise weiter dazwischen liegen [leider x)].

Ich bin ein großer Fan von Möbeln, die richtig gemacht sind. Mir gefiel die Szene, in der der PC am Handy war, während Kata und Laura ihrem Alltag nachgingen, sehr gut. Vielleicht könnte eine Szene den PC in Möbeln zeigen, während ein Kunde den Laden betritt, kommentiert, wie gut der PC an seinen Fesseln aussieht, und dann wie gewohnt seinen Geschäften nachgehen. Der Kunde könnte sogar eine Fessel kaufen, „genau wie die, die PC trägt“, was bei Laura eine nette Reaktion hervorrufen würde. Aber vielleicht passt es nicht/Sie möchten nicht zu Dingen zurückkehren, die Sie bereits getan haben. Nur Ideen.

Ich bin ein großer Fan von allem, was damit zu tun hat, dass Doms dich ein gutes Mädchen/einen guten Jungen nennen, also endet alles, was mir einfällt, in diese Richtung. Nicht sehr hilfreich x)

Vielen Dank für das SE-Update, eine gute Ausrede, es noch einmal zu spielen :)

Well - Laura is not a dominatrix like you would see in a professional studio... and let me remind you - the women there only play the roles that their (mostly) male customers want.

The dominant women in the "private" BDSM scene are much more diverse... and you can also find "something different" there... people who "play" both sides - who switch back and forth between their dominant and submissive sides ... aka "Switcher".

And that's how I see the character "Laura" - whereby my own experience with BDSM and my own interpretation come into play here.

But look at her reactions to the quest with the chastity belt... the "little dominatrix" comes through very subtly.

Sure - Laura talks a lot about the "Master" and her "subordinate time" there - when she was able to let herself go and this "Master" made all the important decisions.

(I see this more as a homage to "capture dreams" - this mod probably opened the BDSM gate for Skyrim in the first place)

But Laura can also make decisions - the really big ones require the player's help... that's why the long series of quests to find the "perfect girl" is an important key to her development.

But the thing with the KG takes place before this quest arc... and of course the seemingly "arbitrary" extension of the gestation period is part of a popular interaction between a dominatrix and her willing "victim".

What the character "Laura" probably won't be... a "copy" or "sister in spirit" of the "Doll Maker" from the DCL mod... because that would probably require crossing a border - that was the case the author has so far excluded herself.