Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Every time I try to get Laura to remove my belt she tells me to come with her and then it just says "This person is busy" what could be wrong? Also, when try to complete the stone mission Kataina gives me my rewards but the mission never ends and I can't buy anything from Laura

i got stuck on taking control the quest completely broke on my save and didnt do anything the npcs didnt move and now no matter what with one of the other mods whenever i try again i get attacked and raped and then it breaks so

I'm stuck on quest "Taking control" after I got in Inn and talked with Only 1 dude that says "Girl and men left and dont know where" what should i do next? I just searched the Inn and town itself and i have no clue what I'm looking for. Any help please?

Edited by arthurioBoomer
Vor 23 Minuten sagte arthurioBoomer:

Ich stecke bei der Quest „Die Kontrolle übernehmen“ fest, nachdem ich im Inn angekommen bin und mit nur einem Typen gesprochen habe, der sagt: „Mädchen und Männer sind gegangen und wissen nicht wohin.“ Was soll ich als nächstes tun? Ich habe gerade das Gasthaus und die Stadt selbst durchsucht und habe keine Ahnung, wonach ich suche. Bitte helfen Sie mir?

Just finished questline. It was pretty good experience overall but last quest "Taking control" was just a hell for me. Every moment when it was taking control from me my character was going in strange direction. She just made step by step journey on invicible quest marker. It would be realy good experience if i was just ordered to step somewhere and got my control all the time. Yeah probably it's problem with some other mods, which make such strange behavior. But idk it was really frustrating sometimes. 
Thanks Laura for some good story and cool DD shop.

Edited by arthurioBoomer
Vor 3 Stunden sagte IWWccca:

Gibt es einen Missionsführer oder so etwas, denn manchmal weiß ich nicht, wohin ich gehen soll, insbesondere bei der Mission „Übernahme der Kontrolle“.

Mission leader?

Not exactly - but the quests from this mod take up quite a lot of space in my blog history.

The beginning of the main quest series begins with this chapter (the translation into English is included in a spoiler at the end of the chapter)

Let me start by saying Thanks for this fantastic mod! 

I'm stuck on the "what she deserves" quest.    Which I have loved so far.    I just walked back to whiterun and they put me in the cell!   But now the quest seems stuck there.  Am I missing something?  I waited 48 hours in game and it doesn't seem to be progressing.

Is there a way to force the quest to go to the next step? 

Or reset it back to the beginning and free myself so I can try again?

I am using skyrim SE and the SE version of this mod, but I probably started the quest in LE so maybe that caused the bugs. 

I am using a few other mods as well - DCL would be the main one that might be affecting this. 

Edit: I was missing Fus Ro D'oh.  That fixed this.

Edited by Islandername
1 hour ago, Islandername said:

I just walked back to whiterun and they put me in the cell!   But now the quest seems stuck there.

If you mean the one I think, there's quite a long scene, do you have subtitles turned on?

Vor 2 Stunden sagte Islandername:

Lassen Sie mich zunächst Danke für diesen fantastischen Mod sagen!

Ich bleibe bei der Suche nach dem, was sie verdient. Was mir bisher sehr gut gefallen hat. Ich bin gerade zurück nach Whiterun gelaufen und sie haben mich in die Zelle gesteckt! Aber jetzt scheint die Suche dort festzustecken. Vermisse ich etwas? Ich habe 48 Stunden im Spiel gewartet und es scheint keine Fortschritte zu machen.

Gibt es eine Möglichkeit, die Quest zum nächsten Schritt zu zwingen?

Oder es auf den Anfang zurücksetzen und mich befreien, damit ich es noch einmal versuchen kann?

Ich verwende Skyrim SE und die SE-Version dieses Mods, aber ich habe die Quest wahrscheinlich in LE gestartet, also hat das vielleicht die Fehler verursacht.

Ich verwende auch ein paar andere Mods – DCL wäre der wichtigste, der dies beeinflussen könnte.

Especially this scene with the mistaken capture due to the mix-up... it reacts very sensitively to things that weren't installed properly.

Did you update Skyrim LE to the SE (or AE) version during the mission?

Seems very unlikely to me - but if you had a version change of the main game - a lot of things would NOT work - not just the quest from this mod.

There would be nothing that could be reset or "fixed" - the only thing that helps is starting a new game with a new character.

What would be conceivable - a user has already pointed this out - is the "silent" dialogue system.

Since the mod has no soundtrack - but the protagonists perform a "voiceless" dialogue - a small additional mod has to create the synchronization between mouth movement and the dialogue text.

And this mod must fit the current Sykrim version - you should definitely check here.

6 hours ago, Islandername said:

Let me start by saying Thanks for this fantastic mod! 

I'm stuck on the "what she deserves" quest.    Which I have loved so far.    I just walked back to whiterun and they put me in the cell!   But now the quest seems stuck there.  Am I missing something?  I waited 48 hours in game and it doesn't seem to be progressing.

Is there a way to force the quest to go to the next step? 

Or reset it back to the beginning and free myself so I can try again?

I am using skyrim SE and the SE version of this mod, but I probably started the quest in LE so maybe that caused the bugs. 

I am using a few other mods as well - DCL would be the main one that might be affecting this. 

When you say you waited for 48 hours, did you actually wait, or did you use the wait function? I'm no expert but I believe using the wait function does not progress the quest if there is still dialogue happening. And like the others have mentioned, there is quite a bit of dialogue while you are in the cage. It's a lengthy wait. Don't rush it or try to skip over it. I've played through that scene multiple times and to amuse myself I try to struggle out of the bondage items, that way I can watch my very pretty behind moving around.  🙂 

12 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

I'm no expert but I believe using the wait function does not progress the quest if there is still dialogue happening

Yes, you're correct. If NPCs are stuck, it does still progress movement (..though not every time), but not their dialogue.

Fresh reinstall and updated to 3.43 and still having problems finishing the Strange Rock quest, the journal is showing the step "Go back to the shop and give Katarina the Thotium" is complete and there is no next step. I can keep talking to Katarina and get the gold and keys reward each time but I'm unable to progress to the next quest.

I've tried reloading before I started the quest, before I got to Laura's and within Laura's. Tried doing what DevilGod05 said and waiting, being patient at each step of the conversation with Katarina but still not getting flagged as complete.

Any suggestions on how to progress? It would be a shame to be unable to continue with tthe quests.

24 minutes ago, Shark_61695 said:

Fresh reinstall and updated to 3.43 and still having problems finishing the Strange Rock quest, the journal is showing the step "Go back to the shop and give Katarina the Thotium" is complete and there is no next step. I can keep talking to Katarina and get the gold and keys reward each time but I'm unable to progress to the next quest.

I've tried reloading before I started the quest, before I got to Laura's and within Laura's. Tried doing what DevilGod05 said and waiting, being patient at each step of the conversation with Katarina but still not getting flagged as complete.

Any suggestions on how to progress? It would be a shame to be unable to continue with tthe quests.

You may have to get the quest id from Laura and then use console commands to complete it that way.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte Shark_61695:

Neu installiert und auf 3.43 aktualisiert und immer noch Probleme beim Beenden der Strange Rock-Quest. Im Tagebuch wird angezeigt, dass der Schritt „Gehe zurück zum Shop und gib Katarina das Thotium“ abgeschlossen ist und es keinen nächsten Schritt gibt. Ich kann weiter mit Katarina reden und jedes Mal die Gold- und Schlüsselbelohnung erhalten, aber ich kann nicht mit der nächsten Quest fortfahren.

Ich habe versucht, nachzuladen, bevor ich mit der Quest begonnen habe, bevor ich bei Laura und in Laura angekommen bin. Ich habe versucht, das zu tun, was DevilGod05 gesagt hat, und abzuwarten, wobei ich bei jedem Schritt des Gesprächs mit Katarina geduldig war, aber immer noch nicht als abgeschlossen gekennzeichnet wurde.

Irgendwelche Vorschläge zum weiteren Vorgehen? Es wäre schade, die Quests nicht fortsetzen zu können.

If you can't finish this quest - there's usually something wrong with the installation... no quest ID will help - as another user suggested - because it can only make the chaos bigger.

But it is also possible - that in this quest you "skip" the intermediate step with the priestess - that the quest progress is not recorded internally at this point (we had several such cases, including requests from mod users)

Yes - the quest diary speaks of Laura - but Katharina frees the player from the bondage clothing and also takes over the "stone"... and this is followed by a conversation between Laura and Katharina.

At this point problems sometimes arise when the player is too impatient IN FRONT of the screen (I humbly bow my head here and plead guilty as charged!)

P.S.

I took another look at your other two posts on this topic - they're almost 1 year old!

We still don't know their installed mods - so we don't know if something was FORGOTTEN during installation... and if they started with a new character after updating.

This makes it difficult or even impossible to help them!

Edited by Miauzi
17 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

We still don't know their installed mods - so we don't know if something was FORGOTTEN during installation... and if they started with a new character after updating.

This makes it difficult or even impossible to help them!

It is a new installation and new character and I could be missing something, is there anything I can provide to help diagnose? I have my loadorder or a papyrus log if they would help. I'll do the whole quest again this afternoon as who knows, it might just be glitching to annoy me.

25 minutes ago, Shark_61695 said:

I'll do the whole quest again this afternoon as who knows, it might just be glitching to annoy me.

Good news... it worked, didn't do anything other than the quest, no speaking to anyone else or diversions.

Bad news... doesn't get any closer to figuring out why it wasn't working in the first place, didn't change anything (just poked around a little).

But now onwards to whatever the world has in for store for me.

2 hours ago, Miauzi said:

But it is also possible - that in this quest you "skip" the intermediate step with the priestess - that the quest progress is not recorded internally at this point

No, Laura anticipated that and included a line from Katarina, who tells the PC to go back to the temple first.

DE: Laura hat mitgedacht. In dem Fall schickt Katarina den Spieler zurück in den Tempel, so daß alles in der richtigen Reihenfolge passiert.

4 hours ago, Shark_61695 said:

Good news... it worked, didn't do anything other than the quest, no speaking to anyone else or diversions.

Bad news... doesn't get any closer to figuring out why it wasn't working in the first place, didn't change anything (just poked around a little).

But now onwards to whatever the world has in for store for me.

4 hours ago, Shark_61695 said:

It is a new installation and new character and I could be missing something, is there anything I can provide to help diagnose? I have my loadorder or a papyrus log if they would help. I'll do the whole quest again this afternoon as who knows, it might just be glitching to annoy me.

One thing of note: on a fresh Skyrim install to play mods like LBS, I end up saving and reloading around 3-4 times (while SexLab, DD and other mods complete their installation). If you didn't do this, I would expect glitches.

Hello, i've just downloaded the mod for skyrim SE and there's a warning saying it's not correctly ported for the version, i've saw a few pages ago on this thread that this warning is something normal and it wouldn't affect the game, i just wanted to confirm that, can i really play normally even with this "form 43" warning?

Hey I'm having a issue on the quest "Taking Control". Everything so far in the mod has been great but I got to the part of the quest where you need to get documents from the storage room and nothing happens after the door closes. I've tried teleporting jade, disable / enable ai, waiting, reloading saves. Seen other people with this issue but no fixes. I'm using a wabbajack list "SERVITIUM". Any help would be great thanks!

54 minutes ago, anormalusername said:

Hey I'm having a issue on the quest "Taking Control". Everything so far in the mod has been great but I got to the part of the quest where you need to get documents from the storage room and nothing happens after the door closes

Ah, the wonders of debugging. "Nothing happens" is okay-ish, because you're the one who's supposed to act. As there are some rooms to go into, and several stages to this quest, I have no idea where you might got stuck. Did you read @Miauzi 's walkthrough?

57 minutes ago, anormalusername said:

I've tried teleporting jade, disable / enable ai, waiting, reloading saves.

You could try uninstalling Skyrim, praying to some anthropomorphic deity who supposedly created the world denying physics, ask the next beggar you meet on the street... Not that it would help in any way, but trying to be smarter than this mod, and not simply solving the old school riddle, doesn't help either.

1 hour ago, anormalusername said:

I'm using a wabbajack list "SERVITIUM".

Your loss. Learn the ropes, modding isn't that complicated.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Ah, the wonders of debugging. "Nothing happens" is okay-ish, because you're the one who's supposed to act. As there are some rooms to go into, and several stages to this quest, I have no idea where you might got stuck. Did you read @Miauzi 's walkthrough?

You could try uninstalling Skyrim, praying to some anthropomorphic deity who supposedly created the world denying physics, ask the next beggar you meet on the street... Not that it would help in any way, but trying to be smarter than this mod, and not simply solving the old school riddle, doesn't help either.

Your loss. Learn the ropes, modding isn't that complicated.

That part of the quest only has one route("part of the quest where you need to get documents from the storage room"). I don't know what you are even talking about with rooms and stuff. The collar killed them and then the quest only has "get the documents" as a obj. When going up to and looting the satchel in the storage room with the quest marker a message pops up saying the bag is empty and the door closes but thats it. Nothing else happens after that. The quest still says get docs, its a locked room, nothing to interact with, no way out unless using commands. And yea I looked at the walkthrough, in that jade should walk up after the door closes (whole reason i mentioned trying teleport, waiting etc). Saw at least 3 posts from other people here with the same issue but nobody had a solution. Why did you even feel the need to respond with such a useless and rude post??? 

6 minutes ago, anormalusername said:

Why did you even feel the need to respond

I am trying to help, but it's been quite a while since I last played this quest, so 'm asking for some more information to get my brain back on track. I don't even remember going to the storage room, as the documents are in the tavern. You need to get rid of Daubeny (sp?) and ask the same slave as in Blending in for help.