Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 1/5/2024 at 5:01 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

Of course not. Your Quest Journal tells you to give it to Katarina.

If you didn't visit Sona on your way back, Katarina will tell you to go to the temple first.

That's what happens when you play half asleep.

Wait a minute, I had to go to 3 different npcs and the quest log specifically told me to return the thotium to Laura after that. Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell it out for you.

Couldn't wait to be snarky, could ya?

Edited by Tseverin
Vor 2 Stunden sagte Tseverin:

Das passiert, wenn man im Halbschlaf spielt.

Moment mal, ich musste zu drei verschiedenen NPCs und im Questprotokoll wurde mir ausdrücklich gesagt, ich solle das Thotium danach an Laura zurückgeben. Entschuldigung, ich wusste nicht, dass ich es für Sie buchstabieren muss.

Konnten es kaum erwarten, bissig zu sein, oder?

So... playing while half asleep - tzzz

Of course, you also miss the fact that there is a blog story that contains a solution for this quest, for example

16 hours ago, Laura said:

Don't think I'll add that. They don't make much sense to me and the current plugs work really well.

I get the appeal but that would lock the player out of playing most of the game. Kinky stuff is fun but I think it'll get old quick.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

❤️

I'm not gonna add a warning because you're supposed to get it all back. ?

Have you played through it multiple times? If you did, did it fail to return your stuff everytime?

Would you be able to expand on the paid chastity quest to volunteer for the chastity bra as well? Or maybe add a dialogue option when talking to NPCs to try to persuade them to try bondage? I'm not a modder, but it would be really cool if you could try to persuade people during the quest.

It would also be cool if you were able to implement something similar to the rubber commercial quest for the dollmaker.

9 hours ago, Tseverin said:

That's what happens when you play half asleep.

Then don't. The storyline of this mod is really complicated, and contrary to this tiny quest, most of them don't use questmarkers, and some are oldschool riddles, that need a lot of thinking and trying.

Wait a minute, I had to go to 3 different npcs and the quest log specifically told me to return the thotium to Laura after that. Sorry, didn't realize I had to spell it out for you.

And now you're lying. Sona tells you, the Journal states it, and there's even a questmarker.

Spoiler

Sona in the temple:

ScreenShot578.jpg.e1e16da7b34870e7ce786ddd0ab10962.jpg

Quest Journal:

ScreenShot579.jpg.9996ea1aec66c7feedf0aa0a0cbbf454.jpg

Questmarker on Kata:

ScreenShot580.jpg.1f54cbf679452a08033cc0f2a09a4666.jpg

Couldn't wait to be snarky, could ya?

If you'd look at the caption below my avatar, it says: "Grumpy ole bugger" You don't get that title for being nice and helpful ?

I don't understand why people always blame the mod author for their own inaptitude to read, be it the journal, what NPCs tell them or even the prerequisites for installing this mod. Fuz-Rho-What? Can't you make a non-DD version? Cannot find me own arse, but where's Hinde in Ivarsted?

7 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

If you'd look at the caption below my avatar, it says: "Grumpy ole bugger" You don't get that title for being nice and helpful ?

are you sure?  i thought it was just a notice that you do not suffer fools much at all.?

On 1/6/2024 at 8:52 AM, Laura said:

i’m not gonna add a warning because you're supposed to get it all back. ?

Have you played through it multiple times? If you did, did it fail to return your stuff everytime?

No, this is the first time I noticed it happening. Last time I got this far in the story was an update or two ago where that flashback was basically the story end at the time. When I started the flashback, the only things that went in with me when I woke up as Gemme was my quest items, my gold, and the DD plugs/piercings I was wearing. When I came back out, I had all my gear back and my quest items. However my DD stuff and gold was gone. I also didn’t keep the special ring Gemme receives, but that made a bit of sense because Gemme received that and not me.

Hello!
I'm having a CTD when getting in the cell after talking to Laura to remove the Belt. Anyway around this? Is this a known issue?

For what it's worth, I'm using the Masterstroke mod list. If there's anyway I can debug it let me know

I play on SSE (16.640) with JK's Whitrun Outskirts. It conflicts where Laura's shop is. I don't even see any clipping. Has anyone made a patch an moved the shop?

I wonder how difficult it is to move the shop myself. I found a good piece of land a bit farther south that would be perfect. I have rudimentary skills with SSedit and CK.

Edit: Thanks to Miauzi I found the patch for JK's Whitrun Outskirts on aurreth page https://www.loverslab.com/profile/5984766-aurreth/?tab=node_filestabprofile_filesTab. He mentioned the patch in this thread a while ago. That I couldn't see the shop at all was my mistake, as the esp was somehow deactivated. I use JK's Whitrun Outskirts together with Whiterun Outskirts Market and together with Aurreth patch it feels like it is in the outer city and works well.

Edited by SquatsAreLife
Found Solution
Vor 22 Minuten sagte SquatsAreLife:

Ich spiele auf SSE (16.640) mit Whitrun Outskirts von JK. Es gibt einen Konflikt, wo sich Lauras Laden befindet. Ich sehe nicht einmal einen Ausschnitt. Hat jemand einen Patch gemacht und den Laden umgezogen?

Ich frage mich, wie schwierig es ist, den Laden selbst zu verlegen. Etwas weiter südlich habe ich ein gutes Stück Land gefunden, das perfekt wäre. Ich habe rudimentäre Kenntnisse mit SSedit und CK.

As far as I know, yes... but I can't remember which page it's on in this thread.

Be patient for a few days - there are users who know where this patch is.

38 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

As far as I know, yes... but I can't remember which page it's on in this thread.

Be patient for a few days - there are users who know where this patch is.

I just thought I had gone crazy when I saw that your quote of my post was in German, which made me think I had written my post in German.  Something, even though I can still write German, I should have noticed.

Thanks for the advise.

Edited by SquatsAreLife
Vor 15 Minuten sagte SquatsAreLife:

Ich dachte einfach, ich wäre verrückt geworden, als ich sah, dass Ihr Zitat meines Beitrags auf Deutsch war, was mich glauben ließ, ich hätte meinen Beitrag auf Deutsch geschrieben. Etwas, obwohl ich immer noch Deutsch schreiben kann, hätte mir auffallen müssen.

Danke für den Rat.

I write my blog stories (the one for Skrim contains a solution to the quest series from this mofd) in my native German - but I have my posts here in the forum machine translated before I send them in.

37 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

I write my blog stories (the one for Skrim contains a solution to the quest series from this mofd) in my native German - but I have my posts here in the forum machine translated before I send them in.

Thanks - found the patch and your blog. Might come in handy. I updated my original post.

I haven't replayed the mod since the last big update and now playing it again on the recent one it keeps being stuck after a certain objective is finish and I have no idea why. After the objective has ended it doesn't start the next one or if at the end of the quest it doesn't end it. 

Edit: I played a downgraded version and I still have the same issue. I check if any mods were conflicting with it but nothing is conflicting.

Edited by DevilGod05
Checking my suspicion
23 minutes ago, DevilGod05 said:

I haven't replayed the mod since the last big update and now playing it again on the recent one it keeps being stuck after a certain objective is finish and I have no idea why. After the objective has ended it doesn't start the next one or if at the end of the quest it doesn't end it. 

Wee bit difficult to tell w/o knowing the objectives where it gets stuck.

What happens from time to time is that Laura and Kat are still talking, the quest officially moves to the finished state (sound and title) but isn't. Don't ever leave the shop until Laura says "Welcome" when you approach her. (okay, "how's the delivery going" is okay too, but you get the gist. "This person is busy" means 100% the quest isn't done yet.)

21 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Wee bit difficult to tell w/o knowing the objectives where it gets stuck.

What happens from time to time is that Laura and Kat are still talking, the quest officially moves to the finished state (sound and title) but isn't. Don't ever leave the shop until Laura says "Welcome" when you approach her. (okay, "how's the delivery going" is okay too, but you get the gist. "This person is busy" means 100% the quest isn't done yet.)

Sorry, it got stuck at the end of the Stone quest where you talk to kat and then it unequips all DD and she gives you your rewards, but to some luck after retrying many times it finally ended the quest after waiting a couple seconds. Now on the theif quest when I talk to Xayah it doesn't start the script where I am frozen in place and the AI takes control. Xayah still closes the door and just stands by the closet and I am able to move around freely like normal. 

On 12/21/2023 at 9:36 PM, Laura said:

Are you using translations or AI voice mods?

Does this happen everytime?

Do you have all the correct versions installed?

Sorry for delay, had some time off gaming over chrissy.

No translation or AI voice mods that I know of, I have a devious lore voicepack installed

It happens every single time reliably

I have version 3.43 SSE and am running Skyrim Special Edition, all other quests to this point have run flawlessly

• 2 weeks later...

I've just completed the main quest line on AE 1.6.640 without problems.

I loved it, it was full of unexpected twists, the characters were very interesting and the story was alluring.
Thank you for making this mod, and I hope that you'll make more stuff.

I have problems with the "take control from player" scenes, where NPCs tell you to "com over here; follow me" etc. Every time such a scene starts, the moving is really slow, my character only moves 1 step every 20 seconds and often changes direction after each step. Is there a way to skip the "take away control" or just beam the player to the end location? Even crossing the room, after getting poisoned in Solitude took 10 rl minutes. Any suggestions?

19 hours ago, Jasmine92 said:

I have problems with the "take control from player" scenes, where NPCs tell you to "com over here; follow me" etc. Every time such a scene starts, the moving is really slow, my character only moves 1 step every 20 seconds and often changes direction after each step. Is there a way to skip the "take away control" or just beam the player to the end location? Even crossing the room, after getting poisoned in Solitude took 10 rl minutes. Any suggestions?

Yes. There is a command to turn it off and restore your controls, but that might break the quest. I suppose you could try setting the player movement faster. Do you have a lot of followers blocking your path?

8 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

Yes. There is a command to turn it off and restore your controls, but that might break the quest. I suppose you could try setting the player movement faster. Do you have a lot of followers blocking your path?

Made sure the followers where no where near, but even if a straight path is available, the player character gets confused. Maybe it doesn't like mods like true directional movement and the like? (I play the licentia wabbajack list btw.)

1 hour ago, Jasmine92 said:

Maybe it doesn't like mods like true directional movement and the like? (I play the licentia wabbajack list btw.)

Possibly, there's a patch referred to in the text of that mod: "Nemesis patch", which sounds like it might be relevant, but I don't think TDM changes navmeshes or pathing for NPCs.