Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

11 minutes ago, krzp said:

If you look at the contents of the patch you've linked to and compare it to the newer version, you'd find out that the files are identical. So if your game fixed itself because you copied the same file over the same file - good for you, but using outdated patches on a mod in active development is a practice that I'd recommend avoiding. ?

Then I don't know what exactly happened if all the files are the same releasewise. And also it doesn't explain why @durrik seems to have had the exact same problem as me. DD NG is not overwritten by anything but overwriting parts of the current DD version as it should.

Quick information for anyone looking on google or here for the quest Taking Control at Ivarstead for the 1st page, the mod The Great Town of Ivarstead or the district great Ivarstead interiors (i've disabled both so not sure wich one cause the issue) is incompatible.

Both of these mods are in the mods pack Nolvus so if you play with this modpack you have to disable these mods to do this quest.

You will not be able to find the letter.

But you can safely (at least it was my case) disable the mods then go back to your save to do the quest.

Edited by someoneis

So, I fnished the main quest line and I have to say, I really like it. The last time I played this was around 2020 or beginning of 21 IIRC and back then, a whole part of the main quest was still WIP. I have to say here that I played on SE at this time, maybe the conversion was one of the earlier releases. However, the mod has come a long way since then and especially the escape game sequences (the one in Embershard Mine in particular) I really celebrated as they reminded me of Aelie's point-and-click escape games. Also I have to say, I really like what has been done to the audio text lines. The VXa method normally produces a lot of robotic lifelessness. But here, apart form a few exceptions, this was already close to the original dialog of the game.

WIth all the good stuff and the bells and whistles also comes a bit of criticism. This is mostly technical.

1. I liked the approach to find most of the hints in a sequence by yourself and not through quest markers. However, some of the areas were a bit too big for my taste to use this kind of method and made me sometimes run around for half an hour and still not finding any clue (I am talking about Ivarstead here in particular as some of the hints are highly misleading, up to the point it gets frustrating).

2. The cave sequence in the hideout seems to be kind of buggy. I had to reload this cell very often because at some point scripts would stop to continue, performance would after a reload suddenly tank to 4-5 FPS, or after two or three reloads the game would simply CTD. The cave itself is borrowed from Lost Knive Hideout IIRC. I also admit that my base game is built upon Lexy's LOTD which amongst other things also uses LUX and uses a mixture of SE and AE elements and mods. And often enough I had notifications in NetScript Framework reports hinting to a conflict with LUX and the adaption of this dungeon. So the culprit definitely is to find somewhere there. I also sometimes had to deal with a "bodyless" Daubeny where only the legs were visible but the torso and the head were gone :) And in the second sequence, I got always stuck by the auto leash function when Holden puts the PC into the cage again for the first time: the PC was extremely fast turning left and right at the same time and not being able to get out of this loop. I had to PLAYER.MOVETO next to Holden to finish the walking sequence. Using this command on an already caged Jade seemed to break the script.

3. The cave sequences deal with partly extreme script lag. I have to say that devious mods are the only script heavy mods that I use. So there is something fishy going on. Very often after a script sequence I had to wait for more than 2 minutes to get the next script sequence to fire (e.g. Daubeny following 27 after ending the dialogue with her) or waiting in the cage to be approached again by Kata. Also sometimes, scripts wouldn't even start, like accessing the little storage behind the iron gate and opening the sack with the consequence of Jade trying to lock you up for another time simply didn't work in the first couple of playthroughs and I had to restart the whole cave sequence in the end to finally make her lose the shackles and come to the iron gate, only to be blown away by the collar.

4. Getting Jade to follow to the river shack took me 4 attempts and a lot of PRID commands as she immediately starts to run away as soon as you hit the shoreline. Every obstacle seems to be a challenge for her. The sequence with the trap still works but if she's not there, Daubeny has a lot of dialogue wihtout response because she's currently running around somewhere at the hotsprings which somehow kills the fun and the prupose.

5. Silisus still does the "Captain": he flies away and in my case was "under the ground" right from the start, so I had to TCL to find him and mark him for copy. This could be however due to my base game setup as I didn't find any clues in other posts here that he falls through the map. I also had him marked with a quest marker and it was quite funny that everytime I got close to him, the marker would shoot off into the distance. Unfortunately, of course I couldn't see him flying away because at this time, he was still under the map :D Only found out through PRID. When he flies away he also tends to end up in an extremely deformed mass at his next stop. And it is completely impossible to deal with the original Silisus as you don't have any chance to get near him with the MOVETO PLAYER command. He immediately flies away again. So the only way is to create a copy with a PLACEATME command like already someone else pointed out and then kill him. This is completely safe because as soon as Njadi turns up, the original body disappears for good.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:41 AM, postal192 said:

So, I fnished the main quest line and I have to say, I really like it. The last time I played this was around 2020 or beginning of 21 IIRC and back then, a whole part of the main quest was still WIP. I have to say here that I played on SE at this time, maybe the conversion was one of the earlier releases. However, the mod has come a long way since then and especially the escape game sequences (the one in Embershard Mine in particular) I really celebrated as they reminded me of Aelie's point-and-click escape games. Also I have to say, I really like what has been done to the audio text lines. The VXa method normally produces a lot of robotic lifelessness. But here, apart form a few exceptions, this was already close to the original dialog of the game.

WIth all the good stuff and the bells and whistles also comes a bit of criticism. This is mostly technical.

1. I liked the approach to find most of the hints in a sequence by yourself and not through quest markers. However, some of the areas were a bit too big for my taste to use this kind of method and made me sometimes run around for half an hour and still not finding any clue (I am talking about Ivarstead here in particular as some of the hints are highly misleading, up to the point it gets frustrating).

2. The cave sequence in the hideout seems to be kind of buggy. I had to reload this cell very often because at some point scripts would stop to continue, performance would after a reload suddenly tank to 4-5 FPS, or after two or three reloads the game would simply CTD. The cave itself is borrowed from Lost Knive Hideout IIRC. I also admit that my base game is built upon Lexy's LOTD which amongst other things also uses LUX and uses a mixture of SE and AE elements and mods. And often enough I had notifications in NetScript Framework reports hinting to a conflict with LUX and the adaption of this dungeon. So the culprit definitely is to find somewhere there. I also sometimes had to deal with a "bodyless" Daubeny where only the legs were visible but the torso and the head were gone :) And in the second sequence, I got always stuck by the auto leash function when Holden puts the PC into the cage again for the first time: the PC was extremely fast turning left and right at the same time and not being able to get out of this loop. I had to PLAYER.MOVETO next to Holden to finish the walking sequence. Using this command on an already caged Jade seemed to break the script.

3. The cave sequences deal with partly extreme script lag. I have to say that devious mods are the only script heavy mods that I use. So there is something fishy going on. Very often after a script sequence I had to wait for more than 2 minutes to get the next script sequence to fire (e.g. Daubeny following 27 after ending the dialogue with her) or waiting in the cage to be approached again by Kata. Also sometimes, scripts wouldn't even start, like accessing the little storage behind the iron gate and opening the sack with the consequence of Jade trying to lock you up for another time simply didn't work in the first couple of playthroughs and I had to restart the whole cave sequence in the end to finally make her lose the shackles and come to the iron gate, only to be blown away by the collar.

4. Getting Jade to follow to the river shack took me 4 attempts and a lot of PRID commands as she immediately starts to run away as soon as you hit the shoreline. Every obstacle seems to be a challenge for her. The sequence with the trap still works but if she's not there, Daubeny has a lot of dialogue wihtout response because she's currently running around somewhere at the hotsprings which somehow kills the fun and the prupose.

5. Silisus still does the "Captain": he flies away and in my case was "under the ground" right from the start, so I had to TCL to find him and mark him for copy. This could be however due to my base game setup as I didn't find any clues in other posts here that he falls through the map. I also had him marked with a quest marker and it was quite funny that everytime I got close to him, the marker would shoot off into the distance. Unfortunately, of course I couldn't see him flying away because at this time, he was still under the map :D Only found out through PRID. When he flies away he also tends to end up in an extremely deformed mass at his next stop. And it is completely impossible to deal with the original Silisus as you don't have any chance to get near him with the MOVETO PLAYER command. He immediately flies away again. So the only way is to create a copy with a PLACEATME command like already someone else pointed out and then kill him. This is completely safe because as soon as Njadi turns up, the original body disappears for good.

Dang. Well, I can assure you that LBS on SE/AE is supposed and is fully capable of being to be much smoother than what you described. You were unlucky and had a setup that didn't mesh well with it. Such are the woes of Modded Skyrim, I guess, but I don't think there is much here that the mod author can do anything about. EDIT: especially since the mod is for Oldrim to begin with, so converting it to SE and playing it alongside SE stuff (such as alternatives to the mods required for Devious Devices) is kinda of an "at your own risk" move.

Edited by Viri1
Vor 2 Stunden sagte Viri1:

Verdammt. Nun, ich kann Ihnen versichern, dass LBS auf SE/AE viel flüssiger sein soll und kann, als Sie es beschrieben haben. Sie hatten Pech und hatten ein Setup, das nicht gut dazu passte. Das sind wohl die Probleme von Modded Skyrim, aber ich glaube nicht, dass der Mod-Autor hier viel dagegen tun kann. BEARBEITEN: Vor allem, da der Mod ursprünglich für Oldrim gedacht ist, ist die Konvertierung in SE und das Spielen neben SE-Sachen (z. B. Alternativen zu den für Devious Devices erforderlichen Mods) eine Art „auf eigene Gefahr“-Schritt.

His problems are definitely NOT due to the SE conversion - but rather to the abundance of other mods he uses.

And it's not just scripts from mods that cause delays - the author of this mod explained this to me in detail a few pages ago.

Since I play on the SE version myself - I can confirm that the "conversion" runs smoothly... as long as you keep your setup "lean".

But if you have installed too many mods, the delays described will occur.

But you can't blame something like that on the mod or the work of its authors... because how are they supposed to know what users of their mod are installing?

2 hours ago, Miauzi said:

His problems are definitely NOT due to the SE conversion - but rather to the abundance of other mods he uses.

And it's not just scripts from mods that cause delays - the author of this mod explained this to me in detail a few pages ago.

Since I play on the SE version myself - I can confirm that the "conversion" runs smoothly... as long as you keep your setup "lean".

But if you have installed too many mods, the delays described will occur.

But you can't blame something like that on the mod or the work of its authors... because how are they supposed to know what users of their mod are installing?

To be honest, I'm not sure what is considered "lean" these days. I recently started an SE run with around 75 mods, no issues with LBS or anything else.

Edited by Viri1
Vor 22 Minuten sagte Viri1:

Ehrlich gesagt bin ich mir nicht sicher, was heutzutage als „schlank“ gilt. Ich habe kürzlich einen SE-Lauf mit etwa 75 Mods gestartet, keine Probleme mit LBS oder irgendetwas anderem.

I have about 200 - but it's not the "pure" number that's important - but rather whether the mods lead to delays... although you shouldn't just pay attention to the "script load".

Prefabricated mod images have now become quite popular - the esp limit is almost completely exhausted - a total of more than 1000 mods are installed.

You would then want to put “SexLab” and “DD” on something like that AND various “applications” like “LBS” or “DCL” or something similar.

There are already several threads here in the DForum where people can seek help.

Ultimately, you can only find out through intensive testing yourself.

Don't bother, in the end it all worked out. And it was not much more than the hassle of the Vanilla Nightingale quest (will the gate open or not?) that gave me a huge headache back in 2012 when I played this game the first time. In the end I had to console myself in.

LOTD base game runs nothing less than ~ 1150 mods of which around 70 are ESL flagged to keep the plugin limit. The chances that one or a couple of these might cause other mods going haywire is quite high - especially when like here, authors kept to LE for a very long time, with many still doing it and not developing at least on SE. I will play around a bit with the radiant quests but as soon as she unbelts my PC I think I will only visit her shop to sell scavenged toys.

And talking about a lean Skyrim: I see a lot of authors but also users here play on mod bases which are... asketic but not aesthetic to say it mildly (what somehow I don't understand). I just love this game because the community at Nexus was able to bring so much more spirit in it, with texture, polygon models, ENBs and additional lore as well as mechanics that the vanilla game to my eye simply looks horrible and also plays extremely clunky. For me, starting a Skyrim char also means playing the game in it's entirety. Which also caused me to stop using mods which overly randomize devices too much like DCL, DI or DC as they can really slow you down and cause frustration. These days I tend to stick more with quest-based stuff or domination mods like DFC or especially Submissive Lola. These challenge you but at the same time, they also give you some immersive, guidelined and well-proportioned interaction, letting you play the game and at the same time still don't end up in frustration.

Edited by postal192
Vor 3 Stunden sagte postal192:

Machen Sie sich keine Sorgen, am Ende hat alles geklappt. Und es war nicht viel mehr als der Aufwand der Vanilla Nightingale-Quest (wird sich das Tor öffnen oder nicht?), der mir im Jahr 2012 große Kopfschmerzen bereitete, als ich dieses Spiel zum ersten Mal spielte. Am Ende musste ich mich trösten.

Im LOTD-Basisspiel laufen nicht weniger als etwa 1150 Mods, von denen etwa 70 ESL-gekennzeichnet sind, um das Plugin-Limit einzuhalten. Die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass eine oder mehrere davon dazu führen könnten, dass andere Mods durcheinander geraten, ist ziemlich hoch – vor allem, wenn wie hier die Autoren sehr lange an LE festhielten, viele es immer noch taten und zumindest nicht auf SE entwickelten. Ich werde ein bisschen mit den strahlenden Quests herumspielen, aber sobald sie meinen PC loslegt, werde ich wohl nur noch ihren Laden besuchen, um geplündertes Spielzeug zu verkaufen.

Und wenn wir gerade von einem schlanken Skyrim sprechen: Ich sehe viele Autoren, aber auch Benutzer hier, die auf Mod-Basen spielen, die ... asketisch, aber gelinde gesagt nicht ästhetisch sind (was ich irgendwie nicht verstehe). Ich liebe dieses Spiel einfach, weil es der Community bei Nexus gelungen ist, so viel mehr Geist hineinzubringen, mit Texturen, Polygonmodellen, ENBs und zusätzlicher Überlieferung sowie Mechaniken, dass das Vanilla-Spiel in meinen Augen einfach schrecklich aussieht und sich außerdem extrem klobig spielt . Für mich bedeutet das Starten eines Skyrim-Charakters auch, das Spiel vollständig zu spielen. Was mich auch dazu veranlasste, keine Mods mehr zu verwenden, die Geräte zu stark zufällig anordnen, wie DCL, DI oder DC, da sie einen wirklich verlangsamen und Frustration verursachen können. Heutzutage bleibe ich eher bei questbasierten Sachen oder Dominanz-Mods wie DFC oder insbesondere Submissive Lola. Diese fordern Sie heraus, bieten Ihnen aber gleichzeitig auch eine immersive, geführte und wohlproportionierte Interaktion, die es Ihnen ermöglicht, das Spiel zu spielen und gleichzeitig nicht in Frustration zu geraten.

Well - every player has their own preferences... especially when it comes to "kinky" content like "fetish" or "BDSM".

I've been playing Skyrim since it first came out more than 12 years ago - after "knocking Alduin" twice, the base game is absolutely no fun anymore... so I have to find my own fun in the game.

When I came across this forum less than 2 years ago - there was a clear push.

I now use Skyrim to tell the stories of my own head cinema... in the form of blog stories.

Since I really like this mod - I decided to make it a part of my story (with the consent of the mod creator).

When you create a chapter like this - you don't want to have to deal with game play problems - it just has to work smoothly.

But since I don't want to produce a pure picture story... the many possible optical "gimmicks" (which undoubtedly exist) are more of a burden to me than they are of any actual help.

I want to concentrate on the text to be written and not whether the lighting in a scene can be improved.

(I once estimated that I would have to invest about 1-2 years in order to acquire the necessary tools... I already know that after this time I will probably have no inspiration whatsoever to write my story)

I the quest "Taking Control" I am in the cave at the part where jade tells me to grab the papers from the bag and locks the door on me but then nothing. I have tried reloading and even redoing the whole quest and nothing happens. I know that Jade is supposed to run over and have a collar event open up the door as I managed to get it to work once before having a crash whilest trying to save after leaving the cave but have since been stuck in the storeroom. Any known fixes to get jade to walk over ant trigger the next part?

On 11/24/2023 at 6:21 PM, wdsj011 said:

When I went back to find Lisa in the Disappearing Ghost quest, the dialogue disappeared and I got stuck here. Or I choose to let her go back on her own, also when I go back to the store, it stuck once I enter the store.

How could I solve it, thanks

Pretty sure that quest isn't from this mod.

3 hours ago, wdsj011 said:

sorry, the woman named Liza. I'm sure it belong to the larua's mission, Disappearing Ghost. When I bring her sister to Liza.

Oh! Ghosts of the Past. The translation confused me.

Spoiler

When you find Dynane, take her back to the temple of Mara. Liza should be there in the same back room as the previous time.

On 11/30/2023 at 2:20 AM, threp said:

Oh! Ghosts of the Past. The translation confused me.

Reveal hidden contents

When you find Dynane, take her back to the temple of Mara. Liza should be there in the same back room as the previous time.

sorry, english is not my native language. and i solve the problem, the new version of mod fuz rodoh have conflict with the tranlation version  of laura's

Vor 2 Stunden sagte wdsj011:

Entschuldigung, Englisch ist nicht meine Muttersprache. und ich löse das Problem, die neue Version von Mod Fuz Rodoh hat einen Konflikt mit der Übersetzungsversion von Laura

Well - the mod "Laura's Bondage Shop" is in "English" ... The user in question uses translations into other languages at his own risk.

When such users look for help here and don't even indicate that they have installed such a translation... it leads to the confusion clearly seen above.

Users who want to help - like me - are literally "in the woods".

Ultimately, the whole thing only shows me one thing... without a complete list of all installed mods, effective help is often not possible.

?

Vor 16 Minuten sagte Zakyutie:

Hallo, ich stecke in der Quest „Übernahme der Kontrolle“ fest. In dem Moment, in dem das Halsband explodiert, werden die Sklavenhändler getötet und dann tritt meine Figur aus dem Käfig. Ich kann den Lagerraumschlüssel nicht finden und kann das Inventar eines NPCs nicht öffnen, da ich die folgende Meldung erhalte: „Diese Person ist beschäftigt.“

Ich habe alles versucht, viel gegoogelt, frühere Spielstände geladen und die Konsole geöffnet, für den Fall, dass es eine Skriptverzögerung war. Nichts hat geklappt

Wenn jemand die Lösung hat, wäre das großartig! Dank im Voraus

There is no storage room key in this part of the quest - "Sloane" opens this door for the player or it opens by itself.

24 minutes ago, Zakyutie said:

Hello, I am stuck in the Taking Control quest. The moment where the collar explodes, the slavers gets killed and then my character steps out of the cage. I can't seem to find the storage room key, and I cannot open any NPC's invenrory, as I get the following message "This person is busy".

I tried everything, googling a lot, loaed earlier saves, opening console in case it was a script lag.. Nothing worked out

If someone has the solution, that would be great! Thanks in advance

Have you checked the office? The room Mundir used to be in.

Edited by Laura
21 minutes ago, Laura said:

Have you checked the office? The room Mundir used to be in.

Yes, noticed it was there like 5 minutes after.. My bad! That is why I deleted my post. I didn't grabbed the key earlier, which resulted my quest to be stuck. The earlier saves saved me

Edited by Zakyutie
Vor 22 Minuten sagte Laura:

Haben Sie das Büro überprüft? Der Raum, in dem Mundir früher war.

Is there a key there?

I have the feeling of "standing in the forest" ... or I'm showing the first signs of (old-age) dementia - because in my memory the door opened without a key.

:cold_sweat:

Is it possible that it works differently in the SE version?

I finished the storyline, and I wanted to say: AMAAAZING WORK! I loved it from beginning to ending. Some quests objectives were a bit tricky to understand, and I sometimes spoiled myself... The letter at the end really touched my heart, I'm glad you are safe now Laura ❤️

1 hour ago, Zakyutie said:

I finished the storyline, and I wanted to say: AMAAAZING WORK! I loved it from beginning to ending. Some quests objectives were a bit tricky to understand, and I sometimes spoiled myself... The letter at the end really touched my heart, I'm glad you are safe now Laura ❤️

Thank you so much. ❤️ ❤️

21 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Is there a key there?

I have the feeling of "standing in the forest" ... or I'm showing the first signs of (old-age) dementia - because in my memory the door opened without a key.

:cold_sweat:

Is it possible that it works differently in the SE version?

It shouldn't work differently in SE. But you never know.

That key is the same one from Blending In but it gets removed from your inventory at the end of Blending In. For the new quest it's placed right next to the ledger thing with the hints. So either you picked it up without thinking or it failed to remove it in Blending In.

Vor einer Stunde sagte Laura:

Vielen Dank. ❤️ ❤️

In SE sollte es nicht anders funktionieren. Aber du weißt nie.

Dieser Schlüssel ist derselbe aus Blending In, wird jedoch am Ende von Blending In aus Ihrem Inventar entfernt. Für die neue Quest wird es direkt neben dem Hauptbuch mit den Hinweisen platziert. Entweder haben Sie es ohne nachzudenken aufgegriffen oder es konnte in Blending In nicht entfernt werden.

Thanks for this advice.

It could actually be the case - that it hadn't been removed from me.

But whether I can replicate this fact again... or whether I simply forgot - that my character went to the bandit leader's office... I unfortunately no longer know today... when I played the quest for my story - I paid attention to a lot of details and staged them accordingly with text and images - I only have nothing on the subject of "door keys".

---

P.S.

I'm trying to remember the scene when the collar was "released"... something like a "wave" moved through the cave.
The bandits hit many around... and when she reached the "shack" with the barred door - it jumped open.

My memories could also be wrong... especially when you're writing a story, you go through many fictional versions of a story in your mind.

But at least I now have the information about how the quest should work regularly at this point and can pass this information on to a possible questioner

Edited by Miauzi

Thanks for a wonderful mod with a great story.

I hit two minor bugs:

#1: While travveling back to the shop with master, I accidentally hit him with splash damage (chain lighning) while fighting other enemies along the path. This turned master into an enemy with a red bar. When entering Lauras shop, the story events did not trigger and I got stuck there. I had to revert to an older save before the fight.

# 2: At the very end of the story, my character is still wearing evenyns arm cuffs that don't come off.