Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

51 minutes ago, WinterV said:

Just wanted to say, i recently installed your mod and love it! :D i just finished playing through the quests and they were so much fun to do while also remaining kinky / sexy. Keep up the good work! :P

That's really kind. Thank you so much. :blush:

I didn't use any mods that adjust time, just sped up my character by 100percent. that still wasn't enough. it takes an in game day to go from rorikstead to solitude, so try setting the event to 3-4 days rather than 1-2. Otherwise, it just isn't possible, even with fast travel.

10 hours ago, neosuduno said:

I didn't use any mods that adjust time, just sped up my character by 100percent. that still wasn't enough. it takes an in game day to go from rorikstead to solitude, so try setting the event to 3-4 days rather than 1-2. Otherwise, it just isn't possible, even with fast travel.

You are going from Whiterun to Rorikstead to Solitude? It may be the safest route but far from the fastest.

edit:

I say this having just made that trip in reverse (i.e. Solitude to Laura's Shop, via Rorikstead, with an accidental detour through Riverwood cause I missed my turn due to blindfold) at timescale 10 in a little less than 2 days, with 16 hours of sleeping, ankle chains halving my movement speed, and I spent a good portion of the trip sneaking slowing me down further. So skipping the sleeping, sneaking, and the detour; (no ankle chains and timescale 20 cancel each other out) it should take at most a day and a half to make that trip assuming you aren't getting sidetracked too severely.

Side note: I just checked my days to sleep ratio in stats and it is ~7.85 hours of sleep per day passed I am somewhat surprised I've managed to keep that up for almost 3 game months now. I usually turn off the need to sleep in RND by now because it gets in the way too severely.

9 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Whatever you didn't do to your game, it seems to have completely f*cked up your moving speed.

I never had any trouble doing this on time, the few times I failed was because I was too lazy to ask the innkeeper for the whereabouts of the recipient and ran off in the wrong direction, or slept first bc I didn't think they'd expect delivery in the deep of the night.

When I start a game in Whiterun (using Alternate Start), I can't get the Strange Rock quest.  Issue doesn't seem to come up if I enter the shop before entering Whiterun, though.  Only other bug I found on my playthrough was that some gags don't show up on my elf (they did on my human character.)  Specifically, it was the gag you get trapped in during the Strange Rock quest, and a gag I got stuck in during Seeking the Curse.

I encountered no bugs on a human playthrough when I started outside of Whiterun (specifically, redguard using Al'ikir warrior start.)

Overall, great mod.  Fairly bug free for a one person development team.  And I love to have more BDSM mods that aren't so . . . rapey.

20 minutes ago, Tarbal40 said:

When I start a game in Whiterun (using Alternate Start), I can't get the Strange Rock quest.  Issue doesn't seem to come up if I enter the shop before entering Whiterun, though. 

That's odd because I didn't have this issue.

29 minutes ago, Caladian said:

That's odd because I didn't have this issue.

Maybe there's another reason for the bug, then.  I was playing the SE version, maybe the conversion caused a problem?  I didn't just start in Whiterun, I entered the temple before getting the quest and Sona wasn't there.  So maybe you can't enter the temple until starting the quest?  Sorry, I've never used the Creation Kit so I'm not certain exactly what kind of thing could prevent the quest from starting.  All the dialogue options were there, but when I stopped talking to Laura, no quest appeared in my log, and Sona still didn't exist in the Whiterun temple.

Only happened when I started in the Bannered Mare, though.  With other playthroughs, I started in Solitude, Riverwood, and that sinkhole dungeon, and the quest worked every time.

30 minutes ago, Tarbal40 said:

Maybe there's another reason for the bug, then.  I was playing the SE version, maybe the conversion caused a problem?  I didn't just start in Whiterun, I entered the temple before getting the quest and Sona wasn't there.  So maybe you can't enter the temple until starting the quest?  Sorry, I've never used the Creation Kit so I'm not certain exactly what kind of thing could prevent the quest from starting.  All the dialogue options were there, but when I stopped talking to Laura, no quest appeared in my log, and Sona still didn't exist in the Whiterun temple.

Only happened when I started in the Bannered Mare, though.  With other playthroughs, I started in Solitude, Riverwood, and that sinkhole dungeon, and the quest worked every time.

Yeah, most of my starts lately has been me starting in the Bannered Mare, as a 'patron'.  I am also using LE so yeah, might be an issue there.

13 hours ago, neosuduno said:

even with fast travel

First Skyrim VANILLA thing - Fast travel add more time as by walk. Because if you use fast travel you ALWAYS will be late. As example: (numbers are wrong i just use to show) Say from Whiterun to Riften you need 6 hours by feet but fast travel from Whiterun to Riften add 12 hours to your game time. The same for carriage travel.

Fast travel can be use as alternative for waiting or sleeping. If you need wait 24 hours you can 2 times do fast travel from upper map part to Riften and back.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:42 PM, neosuduno said:

Like I said, it's thoroughly tested so it's very likely something on your end is messing it up.

Fast travel won't work though. Fast travel timings aren't realistic and take much longer than actually running there. You'll always be too late when you fast travel and that's by design.

If you're 100% sure that nothing in your game is messing it up, try reinstalling my mod. Maybe some older files of my mod are still there after it didn't get overwritten or something. The timer for the delivery quest was different in an earlier version, but that's the only thing I can think of.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:52 AM, Tarbal40 said:

When I start a game in Whiterun (using Alternate Start), I can't get the Strange Rock quest.  Issue doesn't seem to come up if I enter the shop before entering Whiterun, though. 

That's weird. Maybe using that start doesn't properly spawn NPCs. That can mess up quests.

Only other bug I found on my playthrough was that some gags don't show up on my elf (they did on my human character.)  Specifically, it was the gag you get trapped in during the Strange Rock quest, and a gag I got stuck in during Seeking the Curse.

The custom gags this mods uses are the same as the ones from DD. The custom devices are just copies with different properties, but they use the same models, textures and animations. Maybe they can help you in the DD thread.

I encountered no bugs on a human playthrough when I started outside of Whiterun (specifically, redguard using Al'ikir warrior start.)

That's good to hear. :)

Overall, great mod.  Fairly bug free for a one person development team.

Thank you. :)

It's not really a one person team though. There would be a lot more bugs without my testers. :D

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thank you. :)

It's not really a one person team though. There would be a lot more bugs without my testers. :D

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to say you have a really great mod here. It's fun to play. It is very well designed. And this support thread is one of the best! It amazes me that this is your first released mod! It's so much better than many others who have multiple mods out there. You've done a great job.

And the people testing it have done very well with finding issues. The big difference I see is how helpful this support thread is. It seems every question that gets asked gets an answer very quickly. That is so important to people like me who don't have the skill to make our own mods. 

My only wish is that one of these helpful people lived near me so they could visit and clean up my game, haha! I'm afraid I'm one of those people that had no idea what I was doing when I started modding my Skyrim and it has led to all sorts of issues. I've learned a bit but not nearly enough to have a "clean" game. 

A big thank you to you, and those supporting you! 

55 minutes ago, JustMe469 said:

I'm afraid I'm one of those people that had no idea what I was doing when I started modding my Skyrim and it has led to all sorts of issues. I've learned a bit but not nearly enough to have a "clean" game.

I suggest you do a clean install of your game. More often than not, deleting a messy install and starting over is easier than trying to fix it up piece by piece. Also gives you more opportunities to think over what mods do you really want in your game.

If you are looking for how to make your game work more reliably, and how to install the required frameworks and popular mods, I suggest you take a look at this blog:

All three chapters do a pretty good job at explaining what you need to know, but you mostly need to focus on chapters 1 & 2.

13 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Hi Laura,

I just wanted to say you have a really great mod here. It's fun to play. It is very well designed. And this support thread is one of the best! It amazes me that this is your first released mod! It's so much better than many others who have multiple mods out there. You've done a great job.

And the people testing it have done very well with finding issues. The big difference I see is how helpful this support thread is. It seems every question that gets asked gets an answer very quickly. That is so important to people like me who don't have the skill to make our own mods. 

My only wish is that one of these helpful people lived near me so they could visit and clean up my game, haha! I'm afraid I'm one of those people that had no idea what I was doing when I started modding my Skyrim and it has led to all sorts of issues. I've learned a bit but not nearly enough to have a "clean" game. 

A big thank you to you, and those supporting you! 

You're too kind. :blush:

6 hours ago, keptsecrets said:

Top notch mod. Looking forward to future updates.

Thank you. :D Progress is slow, but more will come.

So this is just an amusing thought I had and not a bug report or complaint. So Laura needs a slave to give to this Sloan character, hence the whole Ultimate Girl quest line. But so far it doesn’t say that Sloan wants something specific and any old slave will do. So why doesn’t the Godzilla-Born just convince Laura and Katya to buy #27 off the slavers? I mean it’s clear unlike everyone else that #27 enjoys being a slave, or at least a Brat ?, so why not buy her. I mean aside from derailing the plot that is. ?

16 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

So this is just an amusing thought I had and not a bug report or complaint. So Laura needs a slave to give to this Sloan character, hence the whole Ultimate Girl quest line. But so far it doesn’t say that Sloan wants something specific and any old slave will do. So why doesn’t the Godzilla-Born just convince Laura and Katya to buy #27 off the slavers? I mean it’s clear unlike everyone else that #27 enjoys being a slave, or at least a Brat ?, so why not buy her. I mean aside from derailing the plot that is. ?

That's a good point. I also noticed that it in my recent playthrough and a tester also mentioned it. I made some changes to dialogue in the next update to hopefully explain that a bit better. :)

Here's why: (Spoiler)

Spoiler

They don't buy someone for Sloane because they don't want to. They hate slavery. When they (not really) captured a thief they kept telling themselves that Jade deserves it, but it still didn't feel right. And then they found out that it all went wrong and decided that they are going to look for someone that wants it. That's when they heard about the perfect girl. That could be exactly what they need. Someone that wants it and one they can give to Sloane without feeling guilty.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Hide contents

They don't buy someone for Sloane because they don't want to. They hate slavery. When they (not really) captured a thief they kept telling themselves that Jade deserves it, but it still didn't feel right. And then they found out that it all went wrong and decided that they are going to look for someone that wants it. That's when they heard about the perfect girl. That could be exactly what they need. Someone that wants it and one they can give to Sloane without feeling guilty.

Why can't this be the PC though?

20 minutes ago, Fenroo said:

Why can't this be the PC though?

Because they won't let you. They don't want to send you after what you've done for them.

But the real reason is that this story ending in [Player just said yes and now the story is over] isn't fun. I also don't want this to be a slavery mod. There are plenty of slavery mods already.

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That's a good point. I also noticed that it in my recent playthrough and a tester also mentioned it. I made some changes to dialogue in the next update to hopefully explain that a bit better. :)

Hide contents

Well, maybe the story could still lean towards "rescuing" her, and seeing if she would take the offer. Maybe implying a return to the camp? (wink)

36 minutes ago, Viri1 said:

Well, maybe the story could still lean towards "rescuing" her, and seeing if she would take the offer. Maybe implying a return to the camp? (wink)

That could be cool, it didn't go to plan last time and could be too dangerous to go there again. They also don't want to rescue someone just to give them to Sloane.

I haven't forgetten about the cave though. I spent a long time on it and it would be a shame to use it only once. :) 

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

isn't fun.

:classic_biggrin: I see the quest for "the perfect girl" as something like ....

Spoiler!

Yes! SPOOOOOILER!

Spoiler

... like the quest for the holy grail. Endless!

Is has many tales about it, people going mad about it, it is nowhere to be found, perhaps it's just imagination, an inspiring idea that drives people

holygrail.jpg

Or to say it blunt:  The quest MUST NOT come to a conclusion! It needs to be an endless cliffhanger :classic_happy:

The means, we may have sooo many more adventures to face :classic_cool:

PS: and I like your stance to NOT make this mod into just another slavery thing. We really have a good choice of mods for that and I really enjoy LBS, where this is actively unsupported as part of the story.

9 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That could be cool, it didn't go to plan last time and could be too dangerous to go there again. They also don't want to rescue someone just to give them to Sloane.

I haven't forgetten about the cave though. I spent a long time on it and it would be a shame to use it only once. :) 

Yes! I loved the cave! I wanted it to last much longer. I even went back to a save just before I entered and really took my time in there. I was hoping for more action. ?

Returning to the cave at some point would be very awesome! I can think of at least 3 ways that it could fit in with your storyline. 

I'm glad you have the idea in your mind! 

20 hours ago, worik said:

:classic_biggrin: I see the quest for "the perfect girl" as something like ....

Spoiler!

Reveal hidden contents

Yes! SPOOOOOILER!

Reveal hidden contents

... like the quest for the holy grail. Endless!

Is has many tales about it, people going mad about it, it is nowhere to be found, perhaps it's just imagination, an inspiring idea that drives people

holygrail.jpg

Or to say it blunt:  The quest MUST NOT come to a conclusion! It needs to be an endless cliffhanger :classic_happy:

The means, we may have sooo many more adventures to face :classic_cool:

PS: and I like your stance to NOT make this mod into just another slavery thing. We really have a good choice of mods for that and I really enjoy LBS, where this is actively unsupported as part of the story.

That would be a fun twist, but following a legend/mystery and then finding out there's nothing can be a real bummer. Could still be cool though. :)

11 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

Yes! I loved the cave! I wanted it to last much longer. I even went back to a save just before I entered and really took my time in there. I was hoping for more action. ?

Returning to the cave at some point would be very awesome! I can think of at least 3 ways that it could fit in with your storyline. 

I'm glad you have the idea in your mind! 

What was your favorite part of Blending In?

By the way, isn't Blending In like 30 mins long or something?