Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

During the quest blending in.  I have reached the part where it says I need to wait for katarina.  Nothing happens, I have sometimes fixed issues like this by saving and reloading but not working this time.  Waiting btw has been well over 5 minutes.  Is there perchance a console command to for the progress?

7 hours ago, Caladian said:

During the quest blending in.  I have reached the part where it says I need to wait for katarina.  Nothing happens

Just to clarify, this is the part after you have read the ledger, right? If so, Holdan is supposed to seek you out now and initiate a dialogue. If he did not approach you, try seeking him out and talking to him.

1 hour ago, Taki17 said:

Just to clarify, this is the part after you have read the ledger, right? If so, Holdan is supposed to seek you out now and initiate a dialogue. If he did not approach you, try seeking him out and talking to him.

Yes, I just read the second ledger (or the one I am supposed to read that is).  Just tried it and all Holdan talks about is how lucky I am to speak/see (tried having either blind/gag on).

20 minutes ago, Caladian said:

Yes, I just read the second ledger (or the one I am supposed to read that is).

Is the distraction scene over yet? It's pretty lengthy to give you enough time, and afaik the next phase won't start until it's over.

If the distraction has finished, then unfortunately something might be messed up in the game.

Which version of the mod are you using (and by that I mean LE, SE or any translated version)?

Does restarting from a save before this quest produces the same result?

Any other mods in play that might interfere with npc packages and behavior?

31 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Is the distraction scene over yet? It's pretty lengthy to give you enough time, and afaik the next phase won't start until it's over.

If the distraction has finished, then unfortunately something might be messed up in the game.

Which version of the mod are you using (and by that I mean LE, SE or any translated version)?

Does restarting from a save before this quest produces the same result?

Any other mods in play that might interfere with npc packages and behavior?

Yeah, the distraction scene is over, and using the most current version of the mod (3.14LE)  Yeah, restarted to just before the distraction scene, and same result.  That is why I was curious about quest id so I can just push past to the next part.

Hello. Some ideas, which, I think, go in line with this mod:

1. Adding to shop inventory Surprise Bondage Boxes, which, when used, equip one random set of restraints. Actual sets can be suggested by users on this thread ? My first suggestion is a non-tough copy of What She Deserves outfit.

2. Magical keysafe for rent - just a safe in a shop, all looted keys are automatically transferred into it. If prepaid time ends with keys inside, they are returned to player. Safe isn't locked, except when it isn't rented.

This may have been suggested already and i know you dont like that type of stuff but having laura being one of the outcomes of simple slavery+ would be really cool maybe kind of like what s_l_u_t_s does if they buy you.

if you get sent to the auction Laura will rescue you(buy your freedom) all you have to do is to repay her by working for her for a day(an hour or just one quest), maybe she(or katarina suggests to) locks you in the cage so she makes sure you dont run away from your debt or just puts a collar on you that like the dollmakers punishes you if you fail to complete the delivery within a set amount of time.

having her outcome as a radiant quest would be perfect.

SS has an MCM menu that lets you choose wich mods it will hand the player too when the auction is completed. i dont know the technicall details or if it requires SS to be updated to

recognise this mod or if its enough just to have both.

if its like DD and everything is already in place then it would be easier to do(ofcourse im not saying it would be easy to do such a suggestion) but if it requires SS+ to be updated to recognise it wouldnt be worth even trying since i dont know if SS is being worked on anymore

just a suggestion :)

36 minutes ago, pappana said:

This may have been suggested already and i know you dont like that type of stuff but having laura being one of the outcomes of simple slavery+ would be really cool maybe kind of like what s_l_u_t_s does if they buy you.

if you get sent to the auction Laura will rescue you(buy your freedom) all you have to do is to repay her by working for her for a day(an hour or just one quest), maybe she(or katarina suggests to) locks you in the cage so she makes sure you dont run away from your debt or just puts a collar on you that like the dollmakers punishes you if you fail to complete the delivery within a set amount of time.

SS has an MCM menu that lets you choose wich mods it will hand the player too when the auction is completed. i dont know the technicall details or if it requires SS to be updated to

if its like DD and everything is already in place then it would be easier to do(ofcourse im not saying it would be easy to do such a suggestion) but if it requires SS+ to be updated to recognise it wouldnt be worth even trying since i dont know if SS is being worked on anymore

Generally SS is coded to be able to pass the player to a mod, and the mod in question has an event that SS can send (without dependency on the owning mod) to send the player into it.

Having Laura buy the player to save her from slavery does sound like something that she would do. I am not sure what content makes sense for her in response though.

I have still only done the first 2 story quests and haven't done much of the radiant quest stuff yet either, but from what I've seen so far she likes having control over the player, but not forcing them to do something it has always been the player asking for something, or the player accepting a job knowing that they will likely end up in bondage as a result. 

The player is bound without direct consent in those first 2 quests, but the first quest the curse binds you "because you want it", while in the second is more serious Laura genuinely feels terrible after she finds out what happened.

I don't see her doing a full indentured servitude thing with the player, if the player has done a few quests for her I could see her asking the player to do more work for her starting up a seeking the curse quest or something, and if not maybe start up the strange rock quest, saying all she wants is the player to look into the rock, and if you find it bring it back to her.

It would be fairly light as far as SS scenarios go but honestly SS needs some lighter results to balance out all the terrible things it can do..

1 hour ago, Tenri said:

Generally SS is coded to be able to pass the player to a mod, and the mod in question has an event that SS can send (without dependency on the owning mod) to send the player into it.

Having Laura buy the player to save her from slavery does sound like something that she would do. I am not sure what content makes sense for her in response though.

I have still only done the first 2 story quests and haven't done much of the radiant quest stuff yet either, but from what I've seen so far she likes having control over the player, but not forcing them to do something it has always been the player asking for something, or the player accepting a job knowing that they will likely end up in bondage as a result. 

The player is bound without direct consent in those first 2 quests, but the first quest the curse binds you "because you want it", while in the second is more serious Laura genuinely feels terrible after she finds out what happened.

I don't see her doing a full indentured servitude thing with the player, if the player has done a few quests for her I could see her asking the player to do more work for her starting up a seeking the curse quest or something, and if not maybe start up the strange rock quest, saying all she wants is the player to look into the rock, and if you find it bring it back to her.

It would be fairly light as far as SS scenarios go but honestly SS needs some lighter results to balance out all the terrible things it can do..

True, its hard to figure out how laura would handle it, but in fairness she did spend gold on you and a big amount i would asume, dont know the price of a sex slave with the experience the player would have(depends on your roleplaying, past experience, mod settings etc etc)

but i sell mine for about 500-3000 depending on how much i train them(paradise halls) so i have to asume it atleast makes a dent in her wallet, and even a nice girl like laura would probably expect something more than gratitude for that freedom.

maybe my suggestion would be better fitted for the dollmaker but DCL already has a few SS outcomes so i dont know if kimy wants to add more.

its hard to know what would fit laura since she even refused when i tried to become her slave via SD+

but working off that debt in some kind of way would probably fit.

maybe instead of laura asking, the player can make the suggestion like "thank you for saving me, i would like to repay you" then laura says she does need help with "insert radiant quest here" and ofcourse whatever the quest is it includes some bondage.

its harder than i thought to come up with something now that you mentioned lauras personality :/

On 8/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, twsnider1138 said:

Are there any plans to further the Thotium ore plot in the future or was that just a one off to get us started working for Laura and Katarina? It just seems like something that could be fleshed out later such as having to hunt down where it came from or have it randomly imprison poor Katya, requiring you to find a way to free her.

I planned to make Seeking The Curse from the very beginning and A Strange Rock was just a way for me to practice making quests. There wasn't a story planned then, but I found a way to use it in the story. :)

On 8/14/2020 at 12:38 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

I second that, it would be lovely.

One small suggestion: During Seeking the Curse I sometimes have the option to ask a blacksmith ro remove the items - unfortunately all other dialogue options aren't available. If I'm not totally stuck and have to delve into another dungeon, but found this weapon in the Boss Chest that I'd like to temper, I cannot get the needed ingot. How difficult would it be, to have the Option to remove the items in the normal dialogue?

Another idea: Shouldn't Swain be happy to help me if I'd offer him sex? "I know you don't want money! You want my pussy and it's dripping wet!" ?

Changing the smith dialogue should be easy. Thanks for the suggestion.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, GregariousGibbon said:

I'm not sure what's causing it but I also encountered the issue a guy several pages back mentioned. The secure belt quest wasn't updating the time needed while time was passing, leaving it impossible to remove the belt. I ran sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest and the quest parameters were something like
Min: 7
Max: 14
Current day: ~20.6
Days needed: 15
Day started: ~11.0
Days passed: ~8.6
After waiting for 24 hours and perfoming the same command, none of these values changed.
When asking for the belt to be removed, and then running the command again, i think the Days needed increased to 18 (like it should right?).
In the end i used DDEquip to remove the belt and console to advance/end the quest, so far no problems. Are there plans to add a debug helper to remove devices/reset quests or is that liable to break stuff?

There isn't actually a timer running in the background. It stores those when it starts and only updates when you talk to her about it.

It then compares Days Passed with Days Needed. If Days Passed is more than Days Needed, she will unlock you.

The Days Needed value can increase if you ask too early.

You can use the "set timescale to [NUMBER]" command to skip ahead if you want.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:08 PM, CaptainJ03 said:

Not really related to Laura's Shop, but very convenient: I just stumbled upon this Tiny Shack (Lillehus) by Elianora which is purrfect for me. It's just across the road from the shop, has a bed with rested bonus, all the workstations you need, and coffee ☕

With the vanilla houses I found it annoying having to do some silly quests just to have a place where I can sleep for a night and store my stuff. Would be even nicer if that'd be possible in the shop (as they do have a spare bed) but if that's not wanted (after all it's a shop, not an inn) it's okay for me.

Edit: be sure to have Laura's Shop in Load Order after the Tiny Shack, otherwise the steps will be under a pile of dirt.

One tiny things that bugs me in the Shop-Quests: It seems that the relationship rank isn't updated. Even after doing some quests and they're calling me friend, taking that dagger from the counter or something from the barrels, still counts as theft.

ScreenShot15910.jpg

Adding a spot for the player is something I want to do in the future. :)

I'll take a look at the relationship rank thingy.

11 hours ago, DeWired said:

Hello. Some ideas, which, I think, go in line with this mod:

1. Adding to shop inventory Surprise Bondage Boxes, which, when used, equip one random set of restraints. Actual sets can be suggested by users on this thread ? My first suggestion is a non-tough copy of What She Deserves outfit.

2. Magical keysafe for rent - just a safe in a shop, all looted keys are automatically transferred into it. If prepaid time ends with keys inside, they are returned to player. Safe isn't locked, except when it isn't rented.

Adding a random box could be fun, but I think DCL already has both of those.

9 hours ago, pappana said:

Like you said, I don't like actual slavery mods like that and like @Tenri said, it's not something she would do. If it were to happen she would just buy you to give you your freedom back, Having the option to voluntarily work away the debt could be something, but it's not very interesting.

I also don't want to spend time working on something that a lot of people won't play because of the requirement.

20 hours ago, Caladian said:

That is why I was curious about quest id so I can just push past to the next part.

If you know the name of the quest ("Blending In" in this case), open up the console and type

help "Blending In"

then look for the listed entry that is marked as a quest, that will be your quest ID.

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Adding a random box could be fun, but I think DCL already has both of those.

Not quite. DCL has two boxes - Darepack - loot only, and DAMN - on sale. Both have a chance to bind player, but mostly are meant as source of high-quality loot. So - in line with DCL idea of loot and traps. What I'm suggested is a box, that always bind player - as a payed alternative for shop special offer, with more outfits. So, a different twist.

And about keysafe - DCL has keyholders, and they are more D/S option. So - in line of this mod being more helpful and non-pressuring to player, keysafe can be an alternative.

Oh, and about non-pressure - I'm just explaining my reasoning about those ideas in relation to existing features, I'm not saying that you must implement them ?

On slightly unrelated note - right now, there are three bondage shops in my Skyrim, and even when they offer same features (delivery runs, etc) - they do it in different styles. And it is fun ?

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm not sure what's causing it but I also encountered the issue a guy several pages back mentioned. The secure belt quest wasn't updating the time needed while time was passing, leaving it impossible to remove the belt. I ran sqv Laura_SecureBeltQuest and the quest parameters were something like
Min: 7
Max: 14
Current day: ~20.6
Days needed: 15
Day started: ~11.0
Days passed: ~8.6
After waiting for 24 hours and perfoming the same command, none of these values changed.
When asking for the belt to be removed, and then running the command again, i think the Days needed increased to 18 (like it should right?).
In the end i used DDEquip to remove the belt and console to advance/end the quest, so far no problems. Are there plans to add a debug helper to remove devices/reset quests or is that liable to break stuff?

There isn't actually a timer running in the background. It stores those when it starts and only updates when you talk to her about it.

It then compares Days Passed with Days Needed. If Days Passed is more than Days Needed, she will unlock you.

The Days Needed value can increase if you ask too early.

You can use the "set timescale to [NUMBER]" command to skip ahead if you want.

Thanks for responding and for the timescale tip, but just to clear something up, shoudn't the "days passed" value also change when you talk to laura?

42 minutes ago, GregariousGibbon said:

Thanks for responding and for the timescale tip, but just to clear something up, shoudn't the "days passed" value also change when you talk to laura?

Yeah, DaysPassed and CurrentDay should change.

Here's the code that does that by the way:

Spoiler

Function CalcRelease()

CurrentDay = Utility.GetCurrentGameTime()
    Int CurrentDayInt = CurrentDay as Int

DaysPassed = CurrentDay-DayStarted
    Int DaysPassedInt = DaysPassed as Int

If DaysNeeded <  DaysPassed
        Laura_LA_RandomDiaGlob.setvalueint(4) ;release
    Else
        Int Random = Utility.RandomInt(1,3)

If Random == 1
            Laura_LA_RandomDiaGlob.setvalueint(1) ;No release
        ElseIf Random == 2
            Laura_LA_RandomDiaGlob.setvalueint(2) ;No release
        ElseIf Random == 3
            Laura_LA_RandomDiaGlob.setvalueint(3) ;Longer wear
        EndIf

EndIf

EndFunction

When I doing the thief mission and I stuck after Xayah took the potion, I mean, it just stucked, no talking no control, the character just standing. I know Xayah will say something after toke the potion. I'm wondering where is the bug and how should I fix it?

4 minutes ago, laskyYu said:

When I doing the thief mission and I stuck after Xayah took the potion, I mean, it just stucked, no talking no control, the character just standing. I know Xayah will say something after toke the potion. I'm wondering where is the bug and how should I fix it?

There's supposed to be a scene there, but it sounds like it failed to start for you.

If you can, please post the papyrus log from when it went wrong.

Also, are you using SE or LE?

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Like you said, I don't like actual slavery mods like that and like @Tenri said, it's not something she would do. If it were to happen she would just buy you to give you your freedom back, Having the option to voluntarily work away the debt could be something, but it's not very interesting.

I also don't want to spend time working on something that a lot of people won't play because of the requirement.

true, maybe its something better suited for DCL

well worth suggesting atleast :)

13 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

There's supposed to be a scene there, but it sounds like it failed to start for you.

If you can, please post the papyrus log from when it went wrong.

Also, are you using SE or LE?

I'm using the LE and I don't know what "papyrus log" means, does that mean the console in game?

By the way, I'm also using the Simple slavery, DCL and Devious Carriages, will they effect this mod?

15 minutes ago, laskyYu said:

Little question, when I create the file SkyrimCustom.INI, what should be in this file, three entries of [Papyrus] or entire content of Skyrim.INI

I guess, all of it. ?

Though it's news to me that SkyrimCustom.ini would be required at all.

Editing Skyrim.ini and setting the logging values to 1 or back to 0 was always sufficient in my 8 years of Skyrim :classic_huh:.

Thanks for guys who help me, turns out I'm being stupid, there is a general warning in my skyrim.INI file. 

"One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on." I think this means I must used old version of Devious Devices or Fuz Roh da or all of them.

Skyrim.INI

35 minutes ago, laskyYu said:

Skyrim.INI

If you are curious, you can compare your ini files with my commented ones.

For convenience I've added URLs to the documentation of each section in them.

Another job that shoud have been done by Bugthesda in the first place :classic_unsure: