Oburael

no complications on mine--

I'm old (born before 1950) ... accused of actually 1850 on occasion by grandkids (and see references from other members that are in the same age range thanks to you all)

been compared to a cat forever (land on feet, slink out of tight spots, see in the dark, 9 lives) as well as being partial to cats

On 8/19/2018 at 9:32 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

User names, not nicknames. Like how did you come up with yours?

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" ?

Lol oh i thought it was nicknames and not usernames. My nickname is from my favorite monster hunter monster. I would think the title should be tweaked a bit because my opinion nicknames and usersnames are 2 different things.

I needed a user name so I just looked around at stuff in my apartment. I have one of these:

Panther Combo organ - Italian transistorized organ made by Elka in the 60's. I collected

vintage keyboards for a while, mostly organs. I've got examples By Farfisa, Doric, Acetone,

Yamaha YC series, Rheem, and Fender. I would buy them non-working for cheap, repair them

and hoard them. 

I hate Hammond organs unless they're being played by Jon Lord...

Not mine, but it looks just like this one:

Panther Combo.jpg

Are the initial of my real name.

I was called like that already when I was 15 years old (and "CPU" was not really a common term, PCs were not yet existing. The common term (OK, not common from the masses) was MicroProcessor.)

When I started the work I am doing now in real life (in 1999) I had it as domain user account. Then it stuck forever, and everywhere.

Also my wife and friends and colleagues call me that.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:27 PM, Deviljho-san said:

Lol oh i thought it was nicknames and not usernames. My nickname is from my favorite monster hunter monster. I would think the title should be tweaked a bit because my opinion nicknames and usersnames are 2 different things.

Uh... not really. The tags I posted it under should say it all.

"Online Persona"

Ok well. It's really a typo. I wanted better mods for skyrim, so did hubby. We got a bit active when we started looking at descriptions and he wanted the name "Kirzo".

If you look at a QWERTY keyboard you'll see that the L is under the O. While filling in the registration a pair of hands took control of a pair of B-cups! I never noticed the typo till three or four days later.

19 hours ago, Oburael said:

Uh... not really. The tags I posted it under should say it all.

"Online Persona"

Oh i'm just used to knowing that nickname is what your family or friends come up because they see you like something or do something that's weird to them.

7 hours ago, Deviljho-san said:

Oh i'm just used to knowing that nickname is what your family or friends come up because they see you like something or do something that's weird to them.

No worries. I understand :). I was tired when I made the post.

Okay my nickname is the same i use since 10 years.

The main reason for my nickname is to always have it available for forums and games so it means nothing and has nothing to do with anything existing.
I start using it for an online game named "La Horde" as a second account, it became my best account and I liked this nickname so it became my nickname for all games. and it is always accompanied by my profile picture coming from the prinnies of the disgaea series.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator.

It's inspired by japanese name but with no translation possible like sakura means cherry tree.

Only phonetic place in a order with good sound XD.

My first WoW character was named Lolyta, which has been my avatar-name in many games including FO3, FNV, Skyrim and MMOs like WoW, SWTOR, Rift, GW2, TSW, etc.

One night I made the mistake of posting a RL picture of myself on my WoW Guild's forums (as Lolyta, wearing a shirt that said "Daddy Issues") and somebody remarked in-game "we're calling you Vixen from now on" and my new character Vyxenne was born.

Well, I honestly didn't think I would be sticking around here for any length of time after trying out SL for the first time.

So I picked something out of my ordinary comfort zone for nicknames, and I thought the echotest account from skype was kinda funny...

So yeah, there we are.

a mix up of drinking with friends and truth or dare, where i was announced to take a bite of my childhoods bestfriends mothers lux soap (cant recomment it, even if it sais "soft and creamy" on the package, its soap and tastes like .. well.. soap, nothing creamy inside) and my favorite animal: the panther

I would like to say it was something clever or profound. Truthfully I couldn't come up with a username for Steam that wasn't already taken. I'm terribly uncreative when it comes to usernames. Whatever this power or missing gene people have that allows for witty playful SNs I was born without. ? I saw one SN, Icebankmyself, online on another page and immediately got so jealous. Someday I'll come up with one, until then you are all stuck listening to something Shao Khan would say with a v instead of a u because actual Brutality was taken and v's are so kvlt anyways. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Freyadin said:

I used to be known as gundershot back when I was still a man. I'm a woman now but I wanted to continue the Norse theme I had going with gunder. Freya seemed like a beautiful name so I picked it and added a diin to the back (felt it had a nice ring) and tada!

An intriguing story! I like it!

Archived