4 hours ago, seralol said:

Hi! Was just messing around with some script decompilation to debug some stuff; for some reason, in the bad ends, super mutants and raiders don't use the impaling pole(either this is a bug or I just have the worst luck ever haha), so I decided to try and alter the script just to make sure. 

The impaling pole will only happen on an actual Fatal Bad End.  They won't use it on a regular bad end that you can survive.

3 hours ago, seralol said:

Also took a look at the AAF Violate directory; it looks like the .psc files are actually in there, but so far I don't actually know if those are compiled at runtime or if they need to be compiled beforehand, since I think I tried to modify them and the changes didn't go through therefore necessitating the recompilation to .pex

Yeah you have to recompile the psc scripts into new pex's, just modifying the psc's won't do anything.

3 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The impaling pole will only happen on an actual Fatal Bad End.  They won't use it on a regular bad end that you can survive.

Yeah you have to recompile the psc scripts into new pex's, just modifying the psc's won't do anything.

Gotcha... will definitely have to do more research on the compile issue then since it looks like other people have run into it, but I don't see an actual concrete solution posted :(( 

And thanks for the clarification on the pole! Do you know if there's a way script/xml wise that can be toggled to trigger on regular bad ends? Did some messing around in the xml and I was able to have the pole itself spawn through renaming of the formID, but not the animations(though I haven't gone through the animations since that would involve renaming all the tag refs for those, and it'd probably break something lol) 

7 hours ago, seralol said:

Gotcha... will definitely have to do more research on the compile issue then since it looks like other people have run into it, but I don't see an actual concrete solution posted :(( 

Maybe ask in the CK help topic, but also it would help to know exactly how you're trying to compile. I've never heard of PCA, I've worked out (through much wailing and gnashing of teeth) how to compile complex scripts with namespaced dependencies (like AAF) using PapyrusCompiler.exe on the command line, but initiating the compiler from the CK's script manager/editor or via the Notepad++ Papyrus plugin have turned out to be far easier for me. Some people also use MS Visual Studio/Codium, I think, though I've never tried it.

Also, when you post in the other topic, it would be good to go into more detail about why you felt it necessary to decompile anything. Almost all mods here on LL come with source code (either automatically, as a non-default FOMOD installer option, or in a separate download). Editing and recompiling the original source is pretty much always the better choice when you can, since you'll have the benefit of the author's inline comments and formatting to help guide you.

12 hours ago, seralol said:

Hi! Was just messing around with some script decompilation to debug some stuff; for some reason, in the bad ends, super mutants and raiders don't use the impaling pole(either this is a bug or I just have the worst luck ever haha), so I decided to try and alter the script just to make sure. 

image.png.2e217798176351da8effa578e17e17fb.png

However, when I try and recompile the altered script with the PCA tool, it gives me this error. Looked online, and it's probably because of the aaf namespace, but nothing I've done with moving the file has fixed it. Would be open if anyone more experienced could give me some advice on where to go from here😁 Also do let me know if anyone else has run into this bug, currently with the script it's using a randomint with the array of furniture(which in theory should make it impossible for the pole to not be selected?), so I don't really understand how the impaling pole isn't showing up or being used. 

ty!!!

Use another compiler. The compilation should succeed if you use Creation kit or a proper papyrus plugin compatible with FO4 (https://github.com/blu3mania/npp-papyrus)

Edited by lee3310
11 hours ago, Gray User said:

That is my fault sort of. Getting most of the insect animations to work in game was trouble, and one of the compromises was setting the animations as....I think dyn_looped rather than dyn in the CK, which made them run less janky but means that sometimes the insect won't stop the animation when it is over. 

I don't know if it's the same for bugs but deathclaw anims can't loop automatically even if the anim event is set to dyn_ActivationLoop. the second loop will just be the DC standing in place until a new idle is played. As a workaround, you can make a tree and for each branch, set a time that matches the idle duration. That way, the animation will play smoothly.
So DClaws (bugs too maybe) will greatly benefit from long animations since they can't be looped.

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Thanks for the clarification 😄

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Maybe ask in the CK help topic, but also it would help to know exactly how you're trying to compile. I've never heard of PCA, I've worked out (through much wailing and gnashing of teeth) how to compile complex scripts with namespaced dependencies (like AAF) using PapyrusCompiler.exe on the command line, but initiating the compiler from the CK's script manager/editor or via the Notepad++ Papyrus plugin have turned out to be far easier for me. Some people also use MS Visual Studio/Codium, I think, though I've never tried it.

Also, when you post in the other topic, it would be good to go into more detail about why you felt it necessary to decompile anything. Almost all mods here on LL come with source code (either automatically, as a non-default FOMOD installer option, or in a separate download). Editing and recompiling the original source is pretty much always the better choice when you can, since you'll have the benefit of the author's inline comments and formatting to help guide you.

You're right, didn't see the source code at first so went through decompiling for nothing...

But thanks for the tips! Been looking into a possible command line script to compile it, but it's been pretty annoying lol. Will try your methods and see if they work!

Edited by seralol
4 hours ago, seralol said:

Been looking into a possible command line script to compile it

Totally understand, I'm normally a command line sort of person. It is possible to do from the command line with PapyrusCompiler.exe (comes with the CK), but the path options for it are quite opaque, documentation is limited, and it seems to be surprisingly sensitive to where your current working directory is when you run it. Ultimately, it's far easier for me to just call the compile operation from the text editor whenever I save changes. With a minor edit you can also force it to show you the command line it runs to compile that script in the output window which pops up, but it's... long. E.g.:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\UC\Main.psc" -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\Terminals;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\Quests;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC05;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC04;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC03;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC02;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC01;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts"

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Totally understand, I'm normally a command line sort of person. It is possible to do from the command line with PapyrusCompiler.exe (comes with the CK), but the path options for it are quite opaque, documentation is limited, and it seems to be surprisingly sensitive to where your current working directory is when you run it. Ultimately, it's far easier for me to just call the compile operation from the text editor whenever I save changes. With a minor edit you can also force it to show you the command line it runs to compile that script in the output window which pops up, but it's... long. E.g.:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\UC\Main.psc" -f="Institute_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\Terminals;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments\Quests;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\Fragments;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC05;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC04;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC03;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC02;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\DLC01;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\Base" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts"

Thanks for this! I ended up actually getting it to compile from the CK, but yea something like the script you provided would help a lot in the future if I wanted a more lightweight way to compile. Though honestly having to make that many explicit references to the working directories must have been pretty annoying to debug😅

30 minutes ago, seralol said:

Thanks for this! I ended up actually getting it to compile from the CK, but yea something like the script you provided would help a lot in the future if I wanted a more lightweight way to compile. Though honestly having to make that many explicit references to the working directories must have been pretty annoying to debug😅

Just use the Notepad++ plugin... way easier and faster. 2 clicks and done! No muss no fuss.

10 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I don't know if it's the same for bugs but deathclaw anims can't loop automatically even if the anim event is set to dyn_ActivationLoop. the second loop will just be the DC standing in place until a new idle is played. As a workaround, you can make a tree and for each branch, set a time that matches the idle duration. That way, the animation will play smoothly.
So DClaws (bugs too maybe) will greatly benefit from long animations since they can't be looped.

That is useful to know. When we start making creature animations for Starfield, I am guessing many same issues will be there.

I've noticed that when I surrender - other allied NPCs who are not my companions also surrender as well. Eg I got attacked outside Bunker Hill and Kessler and the citizens inside surrendered as well. Is that a feature or a bug?

I've also had an issue with surrendering to feral ghouls - after every AAF animation during Violate, more ghouls randomly spawn. Violate also doesn't respect exhaustion and scenes will continue to keep playing past the exhaustion limit. I don't have More Enemies etc. 

Edited by thehotness
39 minutes ago, thehotness said:

I've noticed that when I surrender - other allied NPCs who are not my companions also surrender as well. Eg I got attacked outside Bunker Hill and Kessler and the citizens inside surrendered as well. Is that a feature or a bug?

I've also had an issue with surrendering to feral ghouls - after every AAF animation during Violate, more ghouls randomly spawn. Violate also doesn't respect exhaustion and scenes will continue to keep playing past the exhaustion limit. I don't have More Enemies etc. 

Allied NPC's will also surrender, but not participate in violations. This is to prevent them from attacking the violators in a more realistic way. (my take not the tech stuff)

Violate will grab NPC's from the loaded area, not sure the exact distance it uses, and will teleport them to the player, as they are needed.

Ghouls monsters, bugs...will pop in as they don't walk to well.

Humans & Super Mutants generally will walk to the scene. But if they are already tagged to bang the PC they'll be teleported before they can finish walking to the scene.

If you ignore the sex scene and just fly up, as in height, and look around the area, you'll see NPC's walking toward your location.

I turn off the exhaustion, and just use the rounds. I use Violate as a tactical tool to gather enemies for slaughter.. a lot. ;)

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Allied NPC's will also surrender, but not participate in violations. This is to prevent them from attacking the violators in a more realistic way. (my take not the tech stuff)

Hooooooold up... Allied NPCs never get violated? Like, settlers, brotherhood, minutemen, etc, wont get violated once we all surrender?

Edited by georgechalkias
6 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

Hooooooold up... Allied NPCs never get violated? Like, settlers, brotherhood, minutemen, etc, wont get violated once we all surrender?

Correct. Only companions & followers.
That's also the reason I have exhaustion turned off. IF you have several followers the violation can last a very long time IF there's not enough enemies to keep banging your PC. ie. you have 5 followers but only 3 violators, or even 6 violators & ganbang turned on, your followers might get chosen more times than your PC, which leads to a veeeery long session.

3 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Correct. Only companions & followers.
That's also the reason I have exhaustion turned off. IF you have several followers the violation can last a very long time IF there's not enough enemies to keep banging your PC. ie. you have 5 followers but only 3 violators, or even 6 violators & ganbang turned on, your followers might get chosen more times than your PC, which leads to a veeeery long session.

Boo!! I was hoping I could get allied NPCs violated as well. :( - I genuinely thought it was a bug or smth when they never would get violated.

As for multiple followers, I have the occassional issue where of 5 followers only 3 (and my PC) get violated. The other two are simply ignored. It doesn't matter who, though. It's as if there's a certain hidden limit (or script conflict / issue?) where there can't be more than 3+ followers being violated.

Not sure if you had this issue? Like, try get 3+ followers and about 10 enemies more or less and you should be able to notice the issue.

Edited by georgechalkias
15 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

Not sure if you had this issue? Like, try get 3+ followers and about 10 enemies more or less and you should be able to notice the issue.

I've had 18 followers and they all got nailed. That was a total FPS shit show, but it did work.

You can increase the distance to teleport your companions/followers to you. That helps. But low FPS will negatively effect things like getting them to properly teleport or chosen to be violated.

Also script lag also plays into that too.

11 hours ago, seralol said:

To be clear, that wasn't me providing a script. That was me showing you what the Notepad++ shortcut runs, the one recommended in the CK wiki. And you do want to make sure you run the debug variant of that if the script you're compiling relies on any Debug.Whatever() functions, because the release compile will strip those out (some mods use Debug.Notice to display messages, for example, instead of calling the Show() method on Message objects).

1 minute ago, izzyknows said:

I've had 18 followers and they all got nailed. That was a total FPS shit show, but it did work.

You can increase the distance to teleport your companions/followers to you. That helps. But low FPS will negatively effect things like getting them to properly teleport or chosen to be violated.

Mine were next to my PC and only half of them would be violated. But, like what you said, could be script lags or smth. I'll do some more testing but I rly wish allied NPCs could be violated as well.

1 minute ago, izzyknows said:

Oh yeah, surrendering just outside the Combat Zone with a troop of rescued Commonwealth Captives and settings that dragged in nearby raiders too... it was like watching tar. There had to be 50 NPCs crammed into that alleyway.

24 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

As for multiple followers, I have the occassional issue where of 5 followers only 3 (and my PC) get violated. The other two are simply ignored. It doesn't matter who, though. It's as if there's a certain hidden limit (or script conflict / issue?) where there can't be more than 3+ followers being violated.

What kind of followers are they?  Violate will treat anyone who is in the CurrentCompanionFaction or PlayerAllyFaction as a Follower and allow them to be violated, and supports up to 20 followers.  Not every custom follower or multi-follower mod follows this pattern though, in which case they'll get treated as "Friendlies" by the mod.  Friendlies will surrender but not be violated.

3 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

What kind of followers are they?  Violate will treat anyone who is in the CurrentCompanionFaction or PlayerAllyFaction as a Follower and allow them to be violated, and supports up to 20 followers.  Not every custom follower or multi-follower mod follows this pattern though, in which case they'll get treated as "Friendlies" by the mod.  Friendlies will surrender but not be violated.

I'm usually running Darlene, Ellen, Ivy, Heather and the 2 known vanilla female companions. Half of them would be violated but it wouldn't matter who because one time Darlene would be violated, other times she wouldn't, for example.

'multi-follower mod follows this pattern though' - I'm using LIGA if that matters smth. 

And yeah, I get now that allied NPCs (settlers, brotherhood soldiers, etc) won't get violated if they aren't actively followers.

Edited by georgechalkias
3 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

I'm usually running Darlene, Ellen, Ivy, Heather and the 2 known vanilla female companions. Half of them would be violated but it wouldn't matter who because one time Darlene would be violated, other times she wouldn't, for example.

They also need to be fairly near your position at the time you surrender (there's a configurable teleport range in MCM for that), and depending on your settings you may need at least as many aggressors of appropriate races/genders as you have followers (or more if some of them result in threesomes or even larger multi-partner scenes).

1 minute ago, vaultbait said:

They also need to be fairly near your position at the time you surrender (there's a configurable teleport range in MCM for that), and depending on your settings you may need at least as many aggressors of appropriate races/genders as you have followers (or more if some of them result in threesomes or even larger multi-partner scenes).

All do some more testing and get back with a video if able. I didn't have teleport turned on but they weren't far either - they were essentially pretty near my PC. That is unless I mis-calculated what 1000 distance means in meters, heh.

12 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

All do some more testing and get back with a video if able. I didn't have teleport turned on but they weren't far either - they were essentially pretty near my PC. That is unless I mis-calculated what 1000 distance means in meters, heh.

Humans are approximately 128 units tall on average, a large floor tile when you're building settlements is 256 units square I think, so 1000 units is roughly four large floor tiles or eight human body lengths away.