3 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Humans are approximately 128 units tall on average, a large floor tile when you're building settlements is 256 units square I think, so 1000 units is roughly four large floor tiles or eight human body lengths away.

Yeah, in that case, all followers were within 1000 units. I'll do some testing with teleport on though.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:39 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Install the EVB Body With Morphs option from the AAF Compatibility Patch.

im new, sorry could anyone tell me where to find this? im just one problem away to have my perfectly modded fallout 4 game

On 2/9/2019 at 7:39 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Install the EVB Body With Morphs option from the AAF Compatibility Patch.

Where can i find AAF Compability Patch? all the creatures have flaccid penis in my game

32 minutes ago, anubiss69 said:

im new, sorry could anyone tell me where to find this? im just one problem away to have my perfectly modded fallout 4 game

Also, note that you're responding to a recommendation from five years ago. The adult FO4 modding scene has moved on long since, and what was relevant back then is in most cases obsolete now.

42 minutes ago, gegging said:

Is there a way to disable setghost function in AAF in general.

Triggering bad end death reliably fails to turn ghost off. Setting walk_timeout in any value that is considered "not short" still results in the ghost not getting disabled occasionally. I'd rather just have it always off.

One of the things that helped for me was turning off "god mode" under player surrender options in Violate's MCM. The result is that you can get injured and possibly killed by a stray bullet or radiation storm while surrendered, but that's probably more realistic anyway. I've played with it that way for a few years now, so not sure if the ghost state race conditions I was experiencing with that are still a problem (it tended to happen after surrendering to a very large group where AAF gathering/pathing would take a while and frequently exceed the default timeout).

1 hour ago, gegging said:

Is there a way to disable setghost function in AAF in general.

Triggering bad end death reliably fails to turn ghost off. Setting walk_timeout in any value that is considered "not short" still results in the ghost not getting disabled occasionally. I'd rather just have it always off.

What version of AAF are you using?  I know currently there is a bug where AAF will leave you stuck in ghost mode after you get sent into Bound in Public, but I was pretty sure all the other SetGhost bugs had been fixed a few versions ago.

In any case, like @vaultbait said you can just turn off God Mode in Violate.  It's not actually all that necessary any more.

Just had a weird bug that causes legendaries to lose their effects/attachments when recovered after post-violation theft.

If you have your gear stolen by a legendary raider who happened to spawn with both a normal and legendary variant of the same weapon while you also have a same weapon, but different legendary effect, in your inventory (in my case, Handmade Automatic), then all 3 weapons will be normal without legendary effect when recovered from the enemy.

I was pretty confused what happened to my gun when I recovered everything and found a 3 stack of Handmade Automatic in my inventory. No new legendary too. When I reloaded an earlier save and killed the Legendary raider without having my gear stolen, I found they too had a Legendary Handmade Automatic in addition to a normal non-legendary Handmade Automatic.

This situation might be pretty rare depending on what situation causes it:
* Spawning with both legendary and normal of the same gun
* Both enemy and victim having legendary of the same gun
* Both of the above cases simultaneously (my case)

171 beta.

Upon more random experiments (commonwealth captives, RSE CSA interactions) the setghost function not working properly at random has nothing to do with AAF violate regardless of AAF Violate's settings. Oops.

If that error has been fixed for a while (and I assume the camera bug that forces me to player.caa animarchetypeplayer), I'm more willing to believe that Todd Howard just hates me.

20 hours ago, Akaikou said:

If you have your gear stolen by a legendary raider who happened to spawn with both a normal and legendary variant of the same weapon while you also have a same weapon, but different legendary effect, in your inventory (in my case, Handmade Automatic), then all 3 weapons will be normal without legendary effect when recovered from the enemy.

Yeah unfortunately that is a vanilla game engine bug.  I think I might be able to work around it by moving the player's stolen equipment into a new container - but even then it's possible that if you have a normal and a legendary of the same base item they'll get messed up that way.

Funnily enough I had the reverse happen to me when I was playing earlier - I got violated by Raiders and when I took my stuff back I ended up with two of my legendary poisoned 10mm pistol.

9 hours ago, gegging said:

the camera bug that forces me to player.caa animarchetypeplayer

Which camera bug is this? I don't recall experiencing it, based on your brief description of the workaround.

8 minutes ago, georgechalkias said:

Sometimes I got the issue where my char isn't violated. Could it be my placement of surrender? Gunners are below, my PC is above them. Is there a teleportation system?

The short answer is they should eventually get teleported together and do an animation. 

Do you get any kind of error on screen?  I see you have a male and female aggressor there, do you have animations to support that?  If not, you should get an OnSceneInit error.

If that's not the problem, try turning on "Show UI during animations" in Violate's MCM and see what AAF is doing.  If it's stuck in "Gathering..." you can hit pgUp twice to force it to skip the walk portion.

6 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

The short answer is they should eventually get teleported together and do an animation. 

Do you get any kind of error on screen?  I see you have a male and female aggressor there, do you have animations to support that?  If not, you should get an OnSceneInit error.

If that's not the problem, try turning on "Show UI during animations" in Violate's MCM and see what AAF is doing.  If it's stuck in "Gathering..." you can hit pgUp twice to force it to skip the walk portion.

Hey, boss. No OnSceneInit error. I'm using Mage's ungendered patch.

I'll keep that in mind!

I've got a weird bug where my PC's doppelganger always wears a vault suit during aggressive scenes started by Violate.

This is Violate 1.24 so I understand if the answer is "get the latest version already", but my mod list is stable apart from this one thing, and I'm hoping it's something I can fix easily.

This is how combat defeats usually go:

- PC surrender

- Strip and DD equipped

- Dialogue

- Start AAF scene, doppelganger mysteriously has vault suit despite PC having no vault suit in inventory. I can use console to unequipall and fix it, but only for the duration of the scene.

- Return to PC control, PC is still properly stripped etc.

Other kinds of AAF scenes (from SEU or manual wizard setup) will strip all participants properly. Only Violate seems to trigger the issue.

The issue is not present at the start of a playthrough, but after some number of hours, it appears and then refuses to leave.

Any advice?

Edited by MyOtherNameIsKnown
6 minutes ago, MyOtherNameIsKnown said:

I've got a weird bug where my PC's doppelganger always wears a vault suit during aggressive scenes started by Violate.

Does this still happen if you configure Violate to apply Devious Devices at the end of the encounter instead of the beginning?

Here's what I suspect is happening: there is a game engine bug where adding a wearable item to an actor's inventory will cause them to equip their default outfit.  Devious Devices is probably triggering that bug.

I believe in old versions of AAF the doppelganger had a vault suit as its default outfit.  There was also a bug in old versions of AAF where if you were playing a female character the body double used would be the pre-war version of Nora instead of the actual Doppelganger.

What version of AAF are you running?  That would help narrow this down.

23 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Does this still happen if you configure Violate to apply Devious Devices at the end of the encounter instead of the beginning?

What version of AAF are you running?  That would help narrow this down.

MO2 says it's AAF 110.0beta.  Really old I know.  I set mods up a couple years ago and don't modify the list much.

Your suggestion worked!  Setting the DD application to happen after the encounter makes everything work as expected, at first.

There are only a couple of ways it can still mess up:

- If the PC already has restraints from a previous attack

- If there are multiple attackers and they take turns (the second and beyond will have the glitch, even if no DD are applied yet)

28 minutes ago, MyOtherNameIsKnown said:

MO2 says it's AAF 110.0beta.  Really old I know.  I set mods up a couple years ago and don't modify the list much.

Yeah, that's the problem.  You've run into the bug where AAF is still using the MQ101PlayerSpouseFemale NPC as your doppelganger.  That actor has the vault suit outfit, which is why it pops back on under certain circumstances.  It's only supposed to be used during the pre-war scenes, but sometimes it would bug out and be used permanently.  That bug was fixed in AAF 113 beta.

If you don't want to update AAF, you can do this instead: 

1. Open the console and do "help aaf_mainquest".  That will return something like QUST: AAF_MainQuest (09000F99)
  2. The plugin index is the two digits of the value in parentheses, in my case 09.
  3. Play an AAF scene with the player, click on the doppelganger, and in console do    setoutfit 0902b47d   replacing "09" with the plugin index you got.
  4. That will change the doppelganger's outfit to an empty one, and you should no longer have the problem with Devious Devices.

This has been a fun bit of AAF archaeology!

21 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Play an AAF scene with the player, click on the doppelganger, and in console do    setoutfit 0902b47d   replacing "09" with the plugin index you got.

That will change the doppelganger's outfit to an empty one, and you should no longer have the problem with Devious Devices.

Permanently?  Whoa, I didn't realize that was possible from within the console.

3 minutes ago, MyOtherNameIsKnown said:

Permanently?  Whoa, I didn't realize that was possible from within the console.

Yeah.  SetOutfit changes the outfit of the actorbase when called on an actor reference so the fix is permanent.