9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

There's already a mechanic like this at work in SA, as it saps your willpower attribute the longer you're in combat with an opponent for whom you have an established perversion, and the mechanism in Violate triggers on the willpower threshold you set in MCM (0 by default, though you can set it higher).

Yeah I mean like 100% surrender rate at 0 Willpower seems too much. I personally think a chance based system with a more dynamic attribute works better from a gameplay perspective and an immersion one too

12 hours ago, theblindbat said:

Might this couch be from a mod like Homemaker or something? I'm not running any settlement object mods except CWSS.

Looks like SavageCabbage changed the furniture group name from "Couch_Federalist" to "CouchFederalist" a couple of versions ago.  I never noticed, the error only shows up in the Admin screen normally.  Anyway here's the patch again with the fix.

SC Ungendered.7z

7 hours ago, ray314 said:

Yeah I mean like 100% surrender rate at 0 Willpower seems too much. I personally think a chance based system with a more dynamic attribute works better from a gameplay perspective and an immersion one too

Yeah I agree, it's too predictable.  I am going to add a percent surrender chance, with the option to increase the chance as the Perversion level increases.

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yeah I agree, it's too predictable.  I am going to add a percent surrender chance, with the option to increase the chance as the Perversion level increases.

That sounds great.

Apologies if I've mentioned this before (can't remember). Would it be possible to add to the Bad End outcome a random option for a bad end. At the moment it's only Always, Never or HLE, adding a random element for all levels of NPC's would add an element of uncertainty (put another way a randomised always).

Edited by Slorm

Bug Report - Important but not game breaking

I had a run with some Raiders who stole my gear. I had a Tinker Tom Special Sniper Rifle (set to key 9 as a favourite) also in inventory I had a Legendary Ghoul Slayer Calibrated Powerful Sniper Rifle.

When I got my stuff back instead of the above I had 3 Legendary Ghoul Slayer Calibrated Powerful Sniper Rifles. but no Tinker Tom Sniper Rifle.

I've noticed the doubling up of returned weapons before but it's the first time I've seen an incorrect weapon returned.

It's not a huge problem for me as I don't get precious about weapons and armour as some do, and as it turns out I can console in a suppressor which makes the substitution the same or even marginally better than what I had.

I can't actually see a way to change it back via the console as they just seem to be based on the hunting rifle (0004F46A)

39 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Thanks you for that. That's an interesting link, I wondered how the unique/legendary effects were handled, learn something everyday :classic_smile:

And woe be unto they who wish to put a unique named weapon in a mod... it requires a quest with a script linked to a formlist and a leveled list just to name it and put it in a container or place it at a marker. Struggling with it now, since it also seems to not even be that straightforward if you want to put it into an interior cell...

57 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

LOL, well I guess since I didn't know that, I was able to do it without all that extra fluff.  Now IF you're trying to add it to NPC's/factions then you need a quest to inject the Level List.

Level List Injection Toolbox takes all the scripting right out.

Interesting, how did you go about it? The only discussion I could find of doing it was one of Seddon's video tutorials, which seemed to be trying to replicate the way the base game handles placing unique named weapons.

Edit: And yeah, all I was really trying to do was put a unique named weapon in a specific unique NPC's inventory (a unique "loot corpse"), or place it on the ground next to them. I considered just copying a base game weapon, modifying and renaming it, then plunking it right into the cell, but I got the impression that might result in respawning or disappearing or other side effects.

Accepting that it's this complex may just be a sign that I've bought into a cargo cult.

Edited by vaultbait
12 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Thats great! Is it possible to make an option to affect arousal and have that as the base of the chance as well? So throughout the fight your arousal will increase and maybe it hits a threshold (or the chance is just your arousal %) then the auto surrender will trigger. Just that my character is pretty much always under the Willpower threshold (I set it to 1 but my PC is pretty much 0 most of the time).

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Interesting, how did you go about it? The only discussion I could find of doing it was one of Seddon's video tutorials, which seemed to be trying to replicate the way the base game handles placing unique named weapons.

Edit: And yeah, all I was really trying to do was put a unique named weapon in a specific unique NPC's inventory (a unique "loot corpse"), or place it on the ground next to them. I considered just copying a base game weapon, modifying and renaming it, then plunking it right into the cell, but I got the impression that might result in respawning or disappearing or other side effects.

Accepting that it's this complex may just be a sign that I've bought into a cargo cult.

I did exactly that, edit a base game weapon and placed it in a cell. Boom...done. There's only 1 so it doesn't need the LL or anything. You can also set it to never respawn, I think that was the setting.

You can place certain items in cells that have precombines without breaking them. Weapons is one of them. Just don't move anything and after havoc settling it, attach the defaulthavoconload script to it. (just search for havoc, it starts with default) That will keep it from accidentally spazing out on loading the cell.

22 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I did exactly that, edit a base game weapon and placed it in a cell. Boom...done. There's only 1 so it doesn't need the LL or anything. You can also set it to never respawn, I think that was the setting.

You can place certain items in cells that have precombines without breaking them. Weapons is one of them. Just don't move anything and after havoc settling it, attach the defaulthavoconload script to it. (just search for havoc, it starts with default) That will keep it from accidentally spazing out on loading the cell.

Thanks! That's how I've done other placed items. I guess so long as I don't see it cause a problem, it's good enough for me.

Edit: Continuing off-topic discussion here instead.

Edited by vaultbait

Greetings. So, I got back into Fallout 4 recently. I'm amazed by the increased stability honestly, as a year ago I had several issues and now with almost 300 mods I'm running pristine. I did notice that some weapons aren't returned after the assault and robbery in this mod, though I saw the above thread and liken that to potentially be the issue. I may actually disable the whole legendary item thing, as I honestly rarely use them because I'm paranoid they will get lost since I have a fairly brutal and harsh Commonwealth to play in (though very action packed and enjoyable). Although a few times I'm fairly certain I didn't get back some basic weaponry (again I just roleplay that not all the items were kept by whatever attacked me, some was sold off).

That being said, I was curious as I've noticed that my items are stolen by animals and insects, and I don't remember this occurring before. I've also noticed, those animals and insects don't provide a bag to retrieve those items. Currently, I roleplay this as being low sentient lifeforms, after assaulting my PC they ravaged and destroyed all the remaining gear, but I've found myself reloading a few times when I loose to animals, because I really don't want to loose everything I'm carrying for good. Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue? Is it possible that in addition to a chance of having a theft, you can put a percentage of the items that will be stolen and/or destroyed?

Also, in seeing the above discussion on the life surrendering issue, I've found using the CSL mod in addition to Violate has worked flawlessly for me. I have it so I need 6 stacks of CSL to surrender, and my PC tends to surrender after several hits that have more or less destroyed all of my clothing and armor (which I have as 100% destroyed). Keep in mind though, I also have a lot of damage increasing things or base health only, as while raiders die to 3 or 4 hits, so do I (well not die, I get assaulted, but yeah).

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed Fallout this much. Graphically things are insane looking, the game is fluid and intense, and now my issues are minor tweaks here or there like in this example of animals destroying all my items. Although I do feel like somehow molerats became OP in my game... as they intelligently constantly burrow and come up next to me so I can't keep them away and they are already hitting and staggering me as they come up. I may need to bring them down a tiny notch.

Edited by Plaguetard2.0
2 hours ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

That being said, I was curious as I've noticed that my items are stolen by animals and insects, and I don't remember this occurring before. I've also noticed, those animals and insects don't provide a bag to retrieve those items.

That shouldn't be possible, the mod checks the aggressor race and only humans, ghouls, and super mutants can rob you. 

Are you sure your are really being robbed?  Is the Violate: Retrieval quest active, and does the quest target point to one of those creatures?

5 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That shouldn't be possible, the mod checks the aggressor race and only humans, ghouls, and super mutants can rob you. 

Are you sure your are really being robbed?  Is the Violate: Retrieval quest active, and does the quest target point to one of those creatures?

I'm fairly certain I get the retrieve gear quest and it quest icons the bug/animal, but let me go get robbed by bugs and be certain. One moment

6 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

So, found a Deathclaw, got defeated, assaulted, and sure enough, the Deathclaw robbed the PC. Deathclaw was flagged as "Retrieve Items Quest" I was able to locate the "Player Items" about 20 feet away, and inside, no guns, no clothing outside of a Scavver's backpack, and maybe 1/3 of my Aid items.

I do have NPCs Travel and Endless Warfare. However, I don't have either of those spawning Deathclaw's. Just raiders and other humanoids of the sort.

Edited by Plaguetard2.0

I looked through the troubleshooting section, but didn't see my following issue mentioned.

After my character and three companions (Piper, Cait and Curie) finished being violated by a bunch of various enemies (humans, ferals, dogs and bloodbugs), only Cait ran away with me. Piper and Curie are standing in place. I've tried talking to them, dismissing/un-dismissing them, using the "moveto player" console command while up high in the air, the "kill" console command in attempt to down them so they would hopefully reset, the "resetai" command, and finally fast-travelling away. None of those ideas were successful. Any ideas?

1 minute ago, Church the Cat said:

I looked through the troubleshooting section, but didn't see my following issue mentioned.

After my character and three companions (Piper, Cait and Curie) finished being violated by a bunch of various enemies (humans, ferals, dogs and bloodbugs), only Cait ran away with me. Piper and Curie are standing in place. I've tried talking to them, dismissing/un-dismissing them, using the "moveto player" console command while up high in the air, the "kill" console command in attempt to down them so they would hopefully reset, the "resetai" command, and finally fast-travelling away. None of those ideas were successful. Any ideas?

Did you try "disable" and "enable" ?

51 minutes ago, Plaguetard2.0 said:

So, found a Deathclaw, got defeated, assaulted, and sure enough, the Deathclaw robbed the PC. Deathclaw was flagged as "Retrieve Items Quest" I was able to locate the "Player Items" about 20 feet away, and inside, no guns, no clothing outside of a Scavver's backpack, and maybe 1/3 of my Aid items.

I do have NPCs Travel and Endless Warfare. However, I don't have either of those spawning Deathclaw's. Just raiders and other humanoids of the sort.

Do you by chance have FO4 Nude Basics?  Because that mod will leave your gear in a bag on the ground (Violate leaves it on the NPC).  Or maybe some other mod with surrender functionality?  MCG, CAP, RSE/CSA?

48 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

Do you by chance have FO4 Nude Basics?  Because that mod will leave your gear in a bag on the ground (Violate leaves it on the NPC).  Or maybe some other mod with surrender functionality?  MCG, CAP, RSE/CSA?

Well shit, I do have NudeBasics, with mostly the Power Armor settings setup... Didn't even realize they were competing for attention post assault. Many thanks

Edited by Plaguetard2.0
3 hours ago, Church the Cat said:

I'm gonna reply to myself, so people know what I'm referencing. I went ahead and started a new character, after trying out the "Point Lookout" expansion DLC mod on the Nexus. The mod's main story broke, so I decided to just remove the mod and try it again much later, after some more bug fixes are done. Side effect of that is no longer having the character that was suffering from the stuck Piper and Curie after the violation scenes ended.

I've noticed two things now: Raider Pet equips my actress with a collar. The captured key broke (which can happen) and my actress went towards NBH (to buy a new key there) with the collar. Along the way, she was attacked by raiders and ghouls, intimacies ensued, and the RP collar triggered without exploding. Then the RP collar was removed with a multi-line error message and replaced with a different collar.

Unfortunately, the error message always disappeared so quickly that I could no longer take a screenshot.

The second point is that after meeting the attackers, my companion has handcuffs in her luggage, but they are not equipped. But she turned her arms backwards. To help her I have to go to your menu, put on the handcuffs and then remove them with a bobby pin.

Is this a bug or is the cause somewhere with me?

Edited by deathmorph