@EgoBallistic

A sort of bug report update (if it is a bug)

Some time back I raised the issue of a problem with the setting for "Only combatants can be violators" not working and from memory you thought it was because of Mutants having LoS  from high buildings so were getting pulled in as well.

I just had a run in with some Ghouls in Jamaica Plain, after killing a few the remaining 2 of them defeated me and Violate kicked in. The problem was that after each rape another Ghoul turned up (I saw a couple of them teleport in) so I think at the end there were 8 or 9 of them although only a few had been in the initial fight of which 2 survived. The additional ones had not shown on the HUD radar either.

I have noticed a similar effect with Raiders at inside Corvega with Raiders on the first floor joining in even if not aggroed

It did have one useful side effect in that once I got away I was able to kill the lot with a single missile as they were all together still :classic_smile:

11 hours ago, Slorm said:

@EgoBallistic

A sort of bug report update (if it is a bug)

Some time back I raised the issue of a problem with the setting for "Only combatants can be violators" not working and from memory you thought it was because of Mutants having LoS  from high buildings so were getting pulled in as well.

I just had a run in with some Ghouls in Jamaica Plain, after killing a few the remaining 2 of them defeated me and Violate kicked in. The problem was that after each rape another Ghoul turned up (I saw a couple of them teleport in) so I think at the end there were 8 or 9 of them although only a few had been in the initial fight of which 2 survived. The additional ones had not shown on the HUD radar either.

I have noticed a similar effect with Raiders at inside Corvega with Raiders on the first floor joining in even if not aggroed

It did have one useful side effect in that once I got away I was able to kill the lot with a single missile as they were all together still :classic_smile:

Yeah, it kind of is a bug.  The condition I used to determine if an actor is "in combat" seems to include actors who are "alerted".  That tends to include too many actors in crowded areas.  So, I have changed it such that "Only Combatants" requires that the NPCs actually have the player as a combat target, while with it Off the enemies simply need to be reported as "in combat".  This seems to produce more reasonable results with the option On, and still provides plenty of aggressors with the option turned Off.

A question about RSA integration. The probability is given as standard in the mod with 10%. In RSA, however, a probability has to be named again. There standard with 25%. Now is the chance of kidnapping 10% from 25%? Or does the probability have to be set to 100% in RSA for the 10% in Violate to take effect?

Or is the RSA value ignored when passed to RSA?

33 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

A question about RSA integration. The probability is given as standard in the mod with 10%. In RSA, however, a probability has to be named again. There standard with 25%. Now is the chance of kidnapping 10% from 25%? Or does the probability have to be set to 100% in RSA for the 10% in Violate to take effect?

Or is the RSA value ignored when passed to RSA?

The probably in RSE II CSA's MCM is only for when CSA's combat surrender system is used. It's irrelevant when relying on Violate's handoff to CSA.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

The probably in RSE II CSA's MCM is only for when CSA's combat surrender system is used. It's irrelevant when relying on Violate's handoff to CSA.

Okay. Now only theoretically. If it is not relevant - is it sufficient to install RSA or does it also have to be activated? Sorry if the question sounds a bit silly, it's just out of interest.

1 minute ago, deathmorph said:

Okay. Now only theoretically. If it is not relevant - is it sufficient to install RSA or does it also have to be activated? Sorry if the question sounds a bit silly, it's just out of interest.

Depends on what you mean by "install" and "activate" but you do need to enable its plugin(s) in your plugins list if that's the question. In the MCM for it, you can set it to disabled on the first page and then enable it just on the abductions page.

9 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Depends on what you mean by "install" and "activate" but you do need to enable its plugin(s) in your plugins list if that's the question. In the MCM for it, you can set it to disabled on the first page and then enable it just on the abductions page.

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. And I set it exactly as you wrote it.

Something else: I just saw on Nexus that you use F4z Ro D-oh. I had understood it so that a kind of voice output for silent dialogues is possible. So like in Violate and SH. Does it work for you? With me there is no peep.
Or have I fundamentally misunderstood something?

58 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant. And I set it exactly as you wrote it.

Something else: I just saw on Nexus that you use F4z Ro D-oh. I had understood it so that a kind of voice output for silent dialogues is possible. So like in Violate and SH. Does it work for you? With me there is no peep.
Or have I fundamentally misunderstood something?

It doesn't output voice but dialogue. Main reason for using it for the user is that it stops all the sub title clutter from NPC's, for the mod author it saves having to create load of fuz (silent files) to handle the dialogue timings (without them the text disappears before it can be read)

10 minutes ago, Slorm said:

It doesn't output voice but dialogue. Main reason for using it for the user is that it stops all the sub title clutter from NPC's, for the mod author it saves having to create load of fuz (silent files) to handle the dialogue timings (without them the text disappears before it can be read)

OK, thanks for the correction. Is also suitable for users, or only for modders?
So far I haven't noticed any differences, but I'm not that far yet. I started a new round because of Point Lookout.

38 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

OK, thanks for the correction. Is also suitable for users, or only for modders?
So far I haven't noticed any differences, but I'm not that far yet. I started a new round because of Point Lookout.

It's for users, but saves modders a lot of work as a side benefit.

Edited by Slorm
20 minutes ago, Slorm said:

It's for users, but saves modders a lot of work as a side benefit.

OK, thanks for the info.

Spoiler

But had to take it down again, probably responsible for stuttering and sluggish handling in the game. Everything easy again since the uninstallation. (don't have the latest machine here)
I hope there won't be any problems uninstalling mid-game.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

But had to take it down again, probably responsible for stuttering and sluggish handling in the game. Everything easy again since the uninstallation. (don't have the latest machine here)
I hope there won't be any problems uninstalling mid-game.

You uninstalled F4z Ro D-oh?  It certainly doesn't cause any performance issues; it's a F4SE plugin and it only does anything when dialogue with no voice files is played.

Either way it's completely safe to uninstall, it has no scripts or anything else that goes into your save game.

Sorry if this has been posted to death, but how do I go about troubleshooting and fixing things which don't work for me?

The issues I'm facing are:

1. Health based surrender doesn't work at all (cripple and surrender hotkey work fine)

2. Hinged cuffs never get applied (when setting regular cuffs chance to 0 and hinged cuffs at 100. It works fine the other way around)

3. Raider Pet outcome seems to only work like 1 in 10 time even when set to 100%

EDIT: Health based surrender used to work on my current playthrough. At some point it stopped working and I don't know when. If I load an earlier save health based surrender works.

EDIT2: Number 2 was just a case of me misreading the options. Needed to set both sliders at 100%

Edited by Blue Astra

I've attached 2 logs. The first one is with health based surrender at 50% health. The second is pressing the surrender hotkey and then just being let go despite the raider pet outcome set at 100%

I also misread the options for hinged handcuffs, I didn't realise I needed both the sliders need to be set at 100%,

Papyrus.0 Health based surrender.logPapyrus.0 100% raider pet outcome.log

Edited by Blue Astra
28 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I've always assumed Raider Pet only activates when my actress captured by raiders. Is that wrong?

If you surrender to raiders with Violate and there is a raider boss at that location ("boss" keyword in the CK), then Violate checks the percent chance you configured in MCM to determine whether to give your belongings to a raider and start RP's approach after everyone's done taking turns on you.

2 hours ago, Blue Astra said:

I've attached 2 logs. The first one is with health based surrender at 50% health. The second is pressing the surrender hotkey and then just being let go despite the raider pet outcome set at 100%

There aren't any errors related to Violate or any of the mods it interfaces with, in either of these logs, which is good.

For the 50% surrender log, I don't see anything of note.  One thing to know is that if you have "Surrender only when outnumbered" turned ON in the MCM, you will not auto surrender if there are fewer total enemies than the total of you and your companions (which includes any temporary followers, allies from quests, freed captives from Commonwealth Captives, etc).  You can still manually surrender though.

If that doesn't explain the failure to surrender, go into the MCM and set the surrender chance to a particular value, then open the console and type this command

help AFV_Global_Chance 3

that will show you the value of the global variable that holds the surrender chance.  It should be the same value as the MCM setting.

For the Raider Pet log, again everything looks normal.  For Violate to start a Raider Pet scenario, you have to have 2 or more violators (which you did), no companions (you had none) and you have to be in a Raider-owned location with a Boss (no info in log file about this).  Someplace like Corvega.  Raiders out in the Commonwealth will generally not qualify for that last condition.

As before, if that doesn't explain it, go into the MCM and set the Raider Pet chance to a particular value, then open the console and type this command

help AFV_RaiderPet_Chance 3

as before, that should match the MCM value.

If these don't match, it is possible something is interfereing with your MCM settings.  One mod known to do this is Private Profile Redirector, which interferes with MCM settings being applied by mods that store their MCM values in INI files like Violate does.  Any other mods that attempt to speed up or store MCM settings could be a culprit so I would try disabling those.

Edited by EgoBallistic

I am having camera issues I need help with, everything seems to be working except the camera sticks, cannot move it during animations, just seems to be stuck wherever once the animation scene fades in from black. TFC console command does nothing. Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, gederix said:

I am having camera issues I need help with, everything seems to be working except the camera sticks, cannot move it during animations, just seems to be stuck wherever once the animation scene fades in from black. TFC console command does nothing. Any ideas? 

Sounds like you are running an older version of the game, so the F4SE library that provides the free cam functionality for AAF is not compatible.  You should run the latest version of the game, F4SE, and AAF.

16 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

You uninstalled F4z Ro D-oh?  It certainly doesn't cause any performance issues; it's a F4SE plugin and it only does anything when dialogue with no voice files is played.

Either way it's completely safe to uninstall, it has no scripts or anything else that goes into your save game.

fyi

The reason for the drop in performance must have been something else. I reinstalled F4z Ro D-oh because of your explanation and now no more problems. Thx.