[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

Having little experience with CK II and mods/DLCs even less, i'm unable to figure out how to fullfill the quest "craft a toy". I tried to hire a smith via intrigue, but all items offered seem pretty vanilla?

None of the vanilla features have been altered. To craft a toy, you need to use the new decision "Craft Device" in the intrigue menu.

The decision to "Craft Device" doesn't show up in the intrigue menu for me, even if I have the mission to craft it. Only other mods I have enabled are music mods...

16 hours ago, JoeCap said:

The decision to "Craft Device" doesn't show up in the intrigue menu for me, even if I have the mission to craft it. Only other mods I have enabled are music mods...

For some reason, the society rank requirement for that decisions was raised from 2 to 3 in the recent version, preventing non-dominants from crafting devices.

If you ask me, that does not really make sense. You can't order a dildo if you are not a dom? Weird.

You can change it yourself, though, if you want. Open the mod folder, go to \decisions\bdsm_society_decisions.txt, and search for bdsm_craft_device.

Then, replace this block:

potential = {
    is_dominant_in_bdsm_society = yes
}

with this block:

potential = {
    OR = {
        is_servile_in_bdsm_society = yes
        is_dominant_in_bdsm_society = yes
    }
}

That should allow both subs and doms to craft devices.

• 2 months later...

I am able to craft a device at Rank 2. Ordering a device says it will be available at rank 3, which I assume just costs less.

Anyway, wanted to say am I loving this mod! Please keep up with new features and if you would like some bugtesting or suggestions feel free to PM me or reply here!

I wanted to ask, is there any way to get rid of the trait Submissive modifier so I can rise to Rank 3 or am I a sub forever?

There are ways to get rid of it, mainly through random events. The idea is that, once under the thumb of the dominant members, it's hard to shake it off.

I am however revising these opportunities for the next update. At the moment it is actually easier to lose the modifier if you have a dominant lover.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, cherisong said:

Hey livevil, do you mind if I use your BDSM collar sprite in Dark World Tentacles? You will be appropriately credited in the artist credits.

Sure, go ahead. I'm happy to share assets with other modders.

Hi everyone. I've been a little busy lately, but I'm still working on the mod whenever possible. My initial goal was to work towards version 1.0 now, but I've found so many bugs and things that weren't quite working as intended, that I decided to put out another alpha version.

Aside from a long list of fixes and changes, I also added a new feature, that goes hand in hand with the new traits. Characters that have a dominant lover can now work towards special lifestyle traits, that define their kinks and preferences a little more detailed.

Have fun!

v0-9-4_01.jpg.9fc70b31e4025fe3171ebcdfeb13d4c6.jpg

On 7/7/2019 at 6:04 PM, jeffg2496 said:

Not allowed to join the House of O. Says I have the trait chaste and celibate which I don't.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:29 PM, Polonium said:

Bug report: The House of O Society does not obey the "Women Only" game rule. Only mod is House of O.

For some reason, the gender check to join the House got screwed up. I'll fix that immediately.
Erroneous recognition of chaste and celibate could also have been caused by that.

On 7/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, bimbochoas said:

great mod,

for some reason though ever time i do the lifestyle i always end up with cumrag choose,

Maybe your character is just inclined that way. ^^

The lifestyle you end up with is dependent on your character's traits. You get several opportunities to influence the outcome. Based on what options you picked, a lifestyle is chosen. If you want to avoid a certain outcome, try picking options that promote a different lifestyle or oppose the one you don't want.

So, I've run into some issues with the missions for female sub characters (no idea if the gender matters) with the latest update.  If I get a craft a device mission, about half of the time I can't get the device crafted within the time limit.  If I fail crafting for any reason I get monthly failure events from random society members until I succeed in a future mission.  I never tested failing other events (and they all trigger immediately after receiving if I remember correctly anyway.)

On 7/10/2019 at 8:34 AM, cherisong said:

Now that Dark World Fantasy has dom/sub traits, are there any plans to add compatibility?

Yes, I plan to work on compatibility as soon as my feature complete version 1.0 is done.

On 7/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, souldead341 said:

So, I've run into some issues with the missions for female sub characters (no idea if the gender matters) with the latest update.  If I get a craft a device mission, about half of the time I can't get the device crafted within the time limit.  If I fail crafting for any reason I get monthly failure events from random society members until I succeed in a future mission.  I never tested failing other events (and they all trigger immediately after receiving if I remember correctly anyway.)

The time frame indeed seems a little restrictive, and I might loosen that with the next update, but I can't seem to reproduce the error you're describing. Could you enable 'charinfo' via the console and tell me what flags and variables are active on your character and the character you received the mission from?

Wow, this is a great mod. Thanks for it. Few things I've noticed:

1.) Regarding crafting: I can do it within the time limit just fine, and I receive an event where the quest-giver inspects and approves/disapproves the item; however, later I receive an update on the quest saying the quest-giver has become impatient, hasn't received the item yet, and then punishes my character.

2.) When crafting furniture, the decision uses 700 renown, but if you keep clicking thru the options and change your mind, you're refunded 1000 renown in return, not 700. Players could spam and exploit this.

3.) This is just a stylistic thing: I noticed there's no options providing dominant characters the Cruel trait. Seems like an odd omission, unless I'm missing it somewhere. I even tried spam choking slaves. I guess it depends what perspective you're approaching the mod: If it's strictly role-playing tongue-and-cheek bondage, then that makes sense, but I guess I was under the impression the mod could allow my character to literally be a Cruel mistress. Currently, I feel like I'm just role-playing as one. I'd personally love some optional extreme bondage; basically, a risk-reward mechanic where the closer some slaves come to death, perhaps the more they enjoy it (and benefit from it), and this path could be a Cruel-trait opportunity.

1,2) Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into those issues.

3) There are several ways to get the cruel trait. Especially if you punish subs despite them complying or doing their best. I'm not trying to depict only realistic role playing relationships, so going a little overboard can be an option. I'll definitely think about expanding on some crueler options.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:53 PM, bunnyguy said:

What am I doing wrong with this mod? Over 16, neither of the shit traits, expressed interest, yet 6 playthroughs now I've gone 20+ years with no offer to join. I've even tried messing with the "allowed to join" settings, still nothing.

I assume you are also not tribal or nomadic. Are you running any other mods? Based on what you say, it should work otherwise. As a workaround you can try running "event BDSM.0033" via the console.

On 7/27/2019 at 8:43 AM, NebulaFox4427 said:

Are there any plans to allow characters with the futa trait to use their male parts during sessions, and if not any time soon, how would I go about allowing that myself.

Is the futa trait part of the Dark World? That will be the first mod I'll work out compatiblity for as soon as mine is feature complete.